Friend Whack Cap page 2

50 posts

Flag Post

Without the friend cap this game would be who can grind the longest…….and who can add the most friends….but think of it this way….100 friends x 4 energy per bush x 6 bushes = thats 2400 free energy if you’re only about 20% through the game…..not to mention the mana you gain……

and aero take into consideration farming and mana….farming can give you the equivlent of a full energy restore, if not more….

Flag Post

If you’re going to keep it at 100 friend wacks a week, then at least give xp for the friend wacks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wes928:
Originally posted by 1337al:
Originally posted by krazyhazy:

It has been said in game chat that financial considerations were the main drive behind the friend cap. Inquiring minds want to know, have the devs seen any increase in revenue since instating the cap?

i think it was so people cant abuse the feature and plow ahead too quickly in the game, some people were getting like 100+ a day….

Seems mainly for financial considerations

Originally posted by NPOM:

Simply put: as more people joined Bush Whacker 2, and more people made more friends, everybody started using hundreds (thousands!) of friend calls to extend their playtime, and we saw our revenue take a major hit. The friend call cap is our effort to make it so you guys still get regular friend helps, but it’s still worth peoples’ while to invest financially in the game. That way the Devs still get to eat, and the company can afford to work on the game.

Having said that, we’re still making efforts to work out the perfect balance for the friend whack cap. We want to work with you guys to get this right, and we’d love to hear your concerns and suggestions on what you think the balance would be.

It’s a combination of financial considerations and game pacing issues. If people make it through all the content in a matter of weeks, we won’t be able to produce updates quickly enough to keep up with them, and people will be left waiting in the flux forever. That’s not good either!

Flag Post

@amklas….did you even read my post? that is a horrible idea….5 xp per energy =12,000 free xp per week…..that ruins the game…please think before posting

Flag Post

compromise…don’t give a full 5 xp per energy, give 1 XP…please think of possible compromises before being a dick

Flag Post

@amklas, @XtehXpwnagerX: You say that as if XP is a good thing overall in game-mechanic terms. While it does provide the occasional energy refill and unlocks a handful of features like new crops and fishing bait types, it also devalues most trinkets to the point where they’d be more useful as knick-knacks for your house than equipped.

Flag Post

@am
lol idiot…..any bush or animal in this game gives 5 per energy.
5 energy bush= 25 xp
4 energy bush = 20 xp
1 energy bush= 5 xp
Everything in this game gives 5 xp, why change that?
@der
true.. but I see getting your level to the max as part of completing this game

Flag Post

It’s a combination of financial considerations and game pacing issues. If people make it through all the content in a matter of weeks, we won’t be able to produce updates quickly enough to keep up with them, and people will be left waiting in the flux forever. That’s not good either!

Have you considered that the complete lack of story or anything remotely long term means that some folks may not even WANT to be playing this a month from now? Honestly, it is a game that requires too much time for too little reward if we can’t speed our way through it. I’d rather finish everything now, put the game aside for a few months, then poke around whatever new area you make in the meantime.

Flag Post

@aero
you’re joking right?
“too much time”
15 minutes a day…really?
“not play in a month….quit for 5 months”
cause that makes great sense….people won’t play in a month….yet speeding stuff up so people can take a 5 month break is better?
honestly if you don’t like the friend update then get the hell out….go back and play the 5 hour long CoD campaign

Flag Post

hey! how about you stop making people search back for 1 page? just start using “Quote post”!

Originally posted by forumalt1:

@aero
you’re joking right?
“too much time”
15 minutes a day…really?
cause that makes great sense….people won’t play in a month….yet speeding stuff up so people can take a 5 month break is better?
honestly if you don’t like the friend update then get the hell out….go back and play the 5 hour long CoD campaign

see?it’s not so hard,to do this you only need to do one click!

Flag Post

yes, just one click….that giant red x in the corner

Flag Post
Originally posted by forumalt1:

@aero
you’re joking right?
“too much time”
15 minutes a day…really?

My point is, it’s a flash game. Flash games are fun for a week tops, then you find something else.

Flag Post

Its also a multiplayer game, which are continuously updated

Flag Post
Originally posted by XtehXpwnagerX:

…and a lifeless person thinking he’s smart.

Flag Post

let us listen to the brilliant and wise; supermaniop

Flag Post

Maybe have 100 friend cap (or lower?!) , but you can spend 10 mana for 3 more friends or something like that, removing the cap like many people suggest would, indeed, remove all fun gained by the chalenge (which I believe to have spelt wrong) of this game.

Another idea would be higher level=more friend wacks to stop low levels powning the game without understanding it. Final solution I am able to think of is a trinket that boosts friend wacks meaning it is possible to boost cap endlessly (well, pretty much) bu you have to sacrifice bonuses of other trinkets to do so.

Hopefully some conclusion shall be made on what to do with the whole friend wack cap (though I only have 3 friends, so I could be a little biased against people with higher numbers of friends).

Flag Post
Originally posted by tamtarter:

Maybe have 100 friend cap (or lower?!) , but you can spend 10 mana for 3 more friends or something like that, removing the cap like many people suggest would, indeed, remove all fun gained by the chalenge (which I believe to have spelt wrong) of this game.

Another idea would be higher level=more friend wacks to stop low levels powning the game without understanding it.
Final solution I am able to think of is a trinket that boosts friend wacks meaning it is possible to boost cap endlessly (well, pretty much) bu you have to sacrifice bonuses of other trinkets to do so.

Hopefully some conclusion shall be made on what to do with the whole friend wack cap (though I only have 3 friends, so I could be a little biased against people with higher numbers of friends).

No..just no…10 mana=2.5 clears….3 friends=3 clears
“high level”….as new zones are released the high level cap is lifted.
Getting unlimited friend whacks, even if you sacrifice trinkets, would still screw the game up.

Flag Post

Can we change to a daily whack cap PLEASE, everything else is day/hour based it would help with the continuity of the game 15/day would be 105 friend whack per week. up the cycle that a friend can be called to help whack to 1/wk.

Flag Post

I’m still upset by the fact that at least 2 of the devs said they liked the ideas we were coming up to find a decent compromise concerning the FW cap, saying they didn’t want to come down on us with an iron fist and drastically restrict the number of FW we’d be allowed each wk, but then went and did just that anyway. Several people, myself included, came up with ideas such as 20 per day, increase the cooldown time for a friend to be available again or earning more FW as a daily player bonus for the more dedicated players. I’ve also noticed the average rating for this game seems to go down every time I log on, which is at least 3 times a day. There needs to be a compromise and soon, otherwise not only will they lose players even more rapidly than they already seem to be, but they might also start to lose the very thing that was the cause of this whole mess in the first place: money. I understand the fact that they need to make money; they gotta pay the bills somehow, but this could be the start of a vicious cycle that, potentially, will doom a fun little flash game to languish in obscurity. I enjoy this game very much, but I have to admit I’m starting to lose patience having to wait for hours just to get half a bar of energy when a few extra FW might be all I really needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by abyssoft:

Can we change to a daily whack cap PLEASE, everything else is day/hour based it would help with the continuity of the game 15/day would be 105 friend whack per week. up the cycle that a friend can be called to help whack to 1/wk.

I suggested switching to a daily cap yesterday in the chat. One of the devs replied that they didn’t want people to miss a day and be upset because they’d lost their daily friend whacks. They also didn’t want people to be able to “stack” the whacks and save up large amounts of them. I suggested allowing a “bucket” of several days worth of whacks to accumulate; one could store up to 45 friend whacks, so missing a day wouldn’t mean missing those whacks, but a player couldn’t accumulate more than three days worth of whacks at a time. The dev replied that they were happy with the way balance has been restored, and that it is unlikely they will make any changes to the system at this point.

I understand the energy system, but if the point of energy is to moderate gameplay and encourage pacing, having a weekly friend whack quota seems to work against that goal. It doesn’t seem likely to change, though, unfortunately.

Flag Post

So they’re not going to meet us halfway? It seems like what they’re REALLY saying is, “We don’t want people breezing through the game on free energy and FW. We want them to take their time and really get the most out of it while hopefully helping us pay our bills and put food on the table. But if they want to give us butt loads of money right now, then breeze away!” I’m starting to feel like this is less about finding a healthy balance between payin’ the bills vs. player enjoyment and more about just the immediate cha-ching.

Flag Post

I’m astonished that people care this much about this, seeing as how I’ve never actually used more than 20 friend whacks at one time because I didn’t go out of my way to add people (though I did make one post on an event sticky, so that got me a fair handful of friends).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sillyman:

I’m astonished that people care this much about this, seeing as how I’ve never actually used more than 20 friend whacks at one time because I didn’t go out of my way to add people (though I did make one post on an event sticky, so that got me a fair handful of friends).

Well there is your problem….Some people were used to using a couple hundred a day

Flag Post

I realize what they are trying to do with their game, but i’m currently a daily player and I know that I’m going to get sick of how little progress i see without the help from friends.

side note; i noticed that when friends wack the bushes, you don’t get any XP (which I’m fine with).

Flag Post

let us listen to the brilliant and wise; supermaniop

no worries… I’m just as lifeless as you as I said on this post:

Originally posted by supermaniop:

…and a lifeless person thinking he’s smart.

(OUT OF SUBJECT)