Ranch Update! (Includes Friend Scroller update!)

12 posts

Flag Post

It’s ranch week here in Bush Whacker 2, because we have introduced several much-requested updates for your ranch! Enjoy the following changes:

- Head to the Town Hall (yes! It’s open!) if you’re over level 30 to get a permit to unlock house expansions!

- You can now plant multiple plots with the same crop without reopening the shop! The same thing goes for house items from the store/inventory.

- When you help a friend’s plot on their ranch, it will no longer reduce the growing time of that plot. It will instead increase the yield of that plot by 10% (to a limit of 100%). You can still use helps to clear weeds, un-wither crops, and till plots!

- Purchase a tractor for your ranch with Bush Bucks so you can harvest or till all your plots at once!

- The friend scroller is now able to search for and sort friends, so it’s easier to find the friend you’re looking for! It will also let you know if their crops are in need of help!

Flag Post

whahey!

Flag Post

Now add a button to the friends scroller to remove all those who played months and weeks ago from the friends list

Flag Post

It’s good to have the ability to expand the house and having to pay for it is not really a problem as such. Every game has you pay for this sort of thing and that’s fine. However, the way it is presented, this is a case of straightforward corruption. The ‘official’ who is actually supposed to provide you something for free is demanding money from you to do his job.

Do you really want to promote corruption in a game like this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DJArtsGames:

It’s ranch week here in Bush Whacker 2, because we have introduced several much-requested updates for your ranch! Enjoy the following changes:

- Head to the Town Hall (yes! It’s open!) if you’re over level 30 to get a permit to unlock house expansions!

So we have to pay 25,000 gold coins just to get a permit, plus like 50,000 gold coins (depending on how many you have already purchased and stuff) to expand one part of it? If so, then it was better before… when you didn’t need to pay an extra 25,000 coins for a stupid permit.

Flag Post

Now all you have to do is have Nate accidentally expose the corruption to the media (aka The Town Crier) and it’ll be just like how things actually happen in the real world. I can see the headlines now: “Corrupt Town Official Exposed! Inept Explorer Accidentally Unearths the Truth! Extortion Runs Rampant in Newly Established Town Government!” Normally you have to pay for any sort of building permit so having to spend money to expand makes sense. Oh well, it just goes to show that no form of government is safe from greedy, dishonest people. Even the imaginary ones…. Lol.

Flag Post

Deleting inactive friends would be nice and would probably help reduce a bit of lag.

Also, what do the ! over some friends in the friend search mean? It looks like they have a quest for me.

Flag Post

I’ve been told the ! means they have a garden.

I am a little confused by the last time my friends logged in information.

It appears to go basically hour by hour, but the first status after 23 hours is weeks.

So if someone logged in 25 hours ago, it says they haven’t logged in for weeks.

What does months actually mean? I tried to scroll far enough to find out, but my flash crashed.

Does anyone know?

Flag Post

I like being able to hover over my crops to see how many helps I’ve had done on them. Would it be possible to do that when helping others, so I could see which ones need more help? (I’d rather click on a lowly 2/10 than an 8/10.)

Flag Post

Thanks for the great improvements! The friends scroller is much improved. It could be improved more by adding an option to not show friends’ avatars, because it takes a long time for all the avatars to load each time the page is scrolled.

Flag Post

Thanks everybody for your feedback on the ranch updates. These are all great suggestions. I’ll be linking the team to this thread for their consideration. 8)

The option to remove friends is one that we want to integrate in the future- it’s just a little more complicated than the updates we added on Tuesday.

Originally posted by ManyaStarr:

It’s good to have the ability to expand the house and having to pay for it is not really a problem as such. Every game has you pay for this sort of thing and that’s fine. However, the way it is presented, this is a case of straightforward corruption. The ‘official’ who is actually supposed to provide you something for free is demanding money from you to do his job.

Do you really want to promote corruption in a game like this?

It’s not a promotion (DJArts does not approve of political corruption!) but more of a recognition that it happens!

Originally posted by Ghariffe:

I’ve been told the ! means they have a garden.

I am a little confused by the last time my friends logged in information.

It appears to go basically hour by hour, but the first status after 23 hours is weeks.

So if someone logged in 25 hours ago, it says they haven’t logged in for weeks.

What does months actually mean? I tried to scroll far enough to find out, but my flash crashed.

Does anyone know?

You have it mostly right. It means they have a garden which is in need of help.

I’ll get you an answer on that timeline question, bear with me.

Flag Post

In the meantime while we wait for the more complicated unfriend,
as a partial workaround an option to hide those who have not played in weeks and/or months as check box type filter.