New Update: Stableyard & Pets!

16 posts

Flag Post

Misty needs your help upgrading her small pasture into a full-on stableyard! If you’ve finished helping Tim and Marcus with their construction project, you can meet her in the upper-right corner of the Commons to get started. Once the stableyard is complete, Misty will help you hatch and raise new companion pets, which can be equipped for whacking bonuses! There are tons of cute and cuddly pets to hatch or adopt. The faster you get the stableyard built, the better, because hatching them is only the beginning!

As an added bonus, there’s a Circus in the event area in the Commons that will show off some of the new companions for the next week or two. Have fun!

Flag Post

Awesome!

Flag Post

I already grew my kitty, and the first egg I found after that was… a kitty!

So, can you have two of the same pet, or should the game know not to give you an egg you already have?

Flag Post

You can have two of the same pet, and each pet can give you effects on totally different stats. 8)

Flag Post

So… is the first instance of each pet always the same, or does the stats randomize on the first one?

ie. Could one person get a parrot that gives gems odds, and the next person get a parrot the gives gold odds?

Flag Post

If you choose to give Misty the egg instead of hatching it, what happens? Does she give you any kind of compensation or is it pretty much the same as throwing it away? And can you get rid of the pet if you don’t like its stats after you hatch it? Or something to that effect anyway. Unless you can have enough pets to start your own zoo, but I imagine stable space is limited.

Flag Post

where do you find the 2 escaped animals? are they randomly in bushes or do i have to go to a specific area?

Flag Post
Originally posted by milkbone:

where do you find the 2 escaped animals? are they randomly in bushes or do i have to go to a specific area?

They’ll appear as you whack, just like the bandits.

Originally posted by juandiego13:

So… is the first instance of each pet always the same, or does the stats randomize on the first one?

ie. Could one person get a parrot that gives gems odds, and the next person get a parrot the gives gold odds?

They’re completely randomized! So yes, that scenario is totally possible.

Originally posted by Faytgirl80:

If you choose to give Misty the egg instead of hatching it, what happens? Does she give you any kind of compensation or is it pretty much the same as throwing it away? And can you get rid of the pet if you don’t like its stats after you hatch it? Or something to that effect anyway. Unless you can have enough pets to start your own zoo, but I imagine stable space is limited.

Pretty much like throwing it away. As to the limited stable space, I’ll have to check that answer and get back to you.

Flag Post

So you can only have 2 animals of the same kind is this right or can you have more then 2 of one kind?

Flag Post

Good to know, I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Flag Post

Bug with EXP on pets. each bush whack is only providing 1 exp per bush regardless of bush level. The stable hand said they get exp at 1 per level of the bush. 100 lv 1 bushes provide same as 10 level 10. But in practice 1 lvl 1 bush = 1 exp and 1 lvl 8 bush = 1 exp.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XxCrazyGirlxX:

So you can only have 2 animals of the same kind is this right or can you have more then 2 of one kind?

You can have as many pets of as many kinds as you wish. 8)

Originally posted by abyssoft:

Bug with EXP on pets. each bush whack is only providing 1 exp per bush regardless of bush level. The stable hand said they get exp at 1 per level of the bush. 100 lv 1 bushes provide same as 10 level 10. But in practice 1 lvl 1 bush = 1 exp and 1 lvl 8 bush = 1 exp.

That shouldn’t be how it works, aby, and I can’t recreate it (I have to whack 11 lvl 1 bushes to get 1 exp, versus one exp per 11 energy bush) – can you test again, and if this is still the case, please submit a ticket?

Flag Post

It’s seems worse now in that I’m getting 1 exp per 6 bushes wacked regardless of bush level. I’ll file the ticket tomorrow when I have more time

Flag Post

The tip given by the stable hand was confusing me. “100 lv 1 bushes provide same as 10 level 10.”, it’s still quite unclear though as to howmuch/many are needed to = 1 exp. would love it that could be clearer. So I guess no case is needed just the bug is more of one of clarity.

Flag Post

Does each puppy or each of another come with a different effect or same effect each time

Flag Post
Originally posted by abyssoft:

The tip given by the stable hand was confusing me. “100 lv 1 bushes provide same as 10 level 10.”, it’s still quite unclear though as to howmuch/many are needed to = 1 exp. would love it that could be clearer. So I guess no case is needed just the bug is more of one of clarity.

Like I said before, when I am whacking a level 11 bush I receive 1 exp per bush. I need to whack 11 level 1 bushes to receive the same amount of exp. As with drop rates and everything else, it scales based on your level and the size of your energy bar. Therefore whacking in whatever area you’re trying to complete will always be the best strategy.

Originally posted by XxCrazyGirlxX:

Does each puppy or each of another come with a different effect or same effect each time

The puppy’s effect is decided randomly when it hatches, so you could get two puppies with identical effects or two with different effects.