St. Patrick's Day Event!

20 posts

Flag Post

The citizens of the Commons are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with green drinks and merriment, but the Leprechauns they hired to help out have run off! Track down the missing Leprechauns and their brethren and then complete their tasks to make this the best St. Patrick’s Day the Commons has ever seen! More quests and tasks will unlock over the course of the event as you capture more Leprechauns. This event will run until Sunday, March 17th at noon PDT. Ribbons and trophies will be awarded after the event ends. Happy whacking!

Please post all your comments/questions regarding the St. Patrick’s Day event in this thread!

Flag Post

Has anyone figured out how to get the “Seeing Double” achievement to work?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gotrunks712:

You have to buy all of the clothes, and then match your hat with the hat of the leprechaun you are talking to. I also put on the green gloves and one of the capes just to be sure. I had the stick/sword equipped also

Flag Post

Has anyone figured out the “My Rainbow!” quest?

Flag Post

Is it the Dev’s intention that the small 2 energy leprechauns drop nothing most of the time ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cperky:

You have to buy all of the clothes, and then match your hat with the hat of the leprechaun you are talking to. I also put on the green gloves and one of the capes just to be sure. I had the stick/sword equipped also

I found that if you talk to each leprechaun and walk just behind them (while still talking to them), they’ll sigh-follow you, turn around and leaving their cape for all to see.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cansid:

I found that if you talk to each leprechaun and walk just behind them (while still talking to them), they’ll sigh-follow you, turn around and leaving their cape for all to see.

Also, for one of the leprechauns you have to wear glasses.

Flag Post

Has anyone figured out the “My Rainbow!” quest?

Nope, still won’t work for me

Flag Post

You have to be dressed like a leprechaun (with a hat, cape, and stick). Then, you have to save the second girl leprechaun (I cannot remember what number she is). Her daily task is to collect pots of gold at the end of rainbows. If you hit one of the pots, which show up every once in a while in the fields (costs 5 energy to whack,) then you complete the “My Rainbow!” quest. Hope this helps!

Flag Post
Originally posted by steampunk_angel:

You have to be dressed like a leprechaun (with a hat, cape, and stick). Then, you have to save the second girl leprechaun (I cannot remember what number she is). Her daily task is to collect pots of gold at the end of rainbows. If you hit one of the pots, which show up every once in a while in the fields (costs 5 energy to whack,) then you complete the “My Rainbow!” quest. Hope this helps!

Didn’t know the stick was required. I have it now, so I’ll try again tomorrow. Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by schantist:

Is it the Dev’s intention that the small 2 energy leprechauns drop nothing most of the time ?

As you unlock more and more items for the leprechauns to drop, some will start dropping nothings, some will start dropping multiple items – it should all average out to 1 drop per leprechaun.

Flag Post

Here’s what you need:

Leprechaun 1 (Pot of Gold Station): Green Bowler, Beer Cape.
Leprechaun 2 (Lucky Horsehoes): Green Top Hat, Clover Cape, Round Glasses.
Leprechaun 3 (Beer Station): Cloche, Clover Cape.
Leprechaun 4 (Green Dye): Green Bowler, Clover Cape, Green Gloves.
Leprechaun 5 (Clover Station): Cloche, Beer Cape.
Leprechaun 6 (Rainbows): Cloche, Beer Cape, Green Gloves.
Leprechaun 7 (Hats): Green Top Hat, Clover Cape.
Leprechaun 8 (Stilts): Green Top Hat, Beer Cape, St. Patrick’s Club.

You get the Small Green Gloves from the The Rocky Decline area.

The Round Glasses come from The Forest Detour area

Flag Post

So if you start whacking bushes now, you’re screwed.

(Unless you’re really lucky)

Flag Post

SuchSoft- I have completed the achievement, and I DON’T have any small green gloves….. I do have “green guantlets”, and I may have picked them up in rocky decline, but I thought they were original issue….

Flag Post

Confirming: you do need the small green gloves.

Flag Post

The item name is Small Green Gloves though they go in the Gauntlets slot. Maybe that’s the confusion, Kevlar33?

Flag Post

I don’t know what my problem is, maxuk. When the event started back around march 8th, I read in chat that you needed the “green gloves” to match one of the leprechauns. So I checked my inventory, and was positive I didn’t have an item called “green gloves”, but did have an item called “green gauntlets”.
Needless to say, I didn’t check the name of the item again until after I posted the other day- when it said “little green gloves”
so either
1) I am crazy
2) the item name was changed at some point
3) I’ve somehow slipped into an alternate universe (refer back to #1)

Flag Post

Is it me or did the event end too early?

Flag Post

Runesgod, the event did end on time (the previously announced 12:00 noon PDT). Unfortunately, the event countdown TIMER was off (most likely because of the shift from PST to PDT on Sunday, 3/10). So those people who were not playing in USA, and were relying on the count-down to let them know how much time was left, were surprised when the event ended “too early”.

Flag Post

Well usually I complete the event but I only got 63%. It feels weird failing a game like this.