Multiplayer area: Amicus Isle!

25 posts

Flag Post

Aloha Bush Whackers! We invite you to visit beautiful Amicus Isle, the perfect place for a hard working Bush Whacker like yourself to rest and relax when you’re out of energy. There are many exciting things for you to do on the Isle, such as group fishing, daily quests, unique shops, and water balloon fights! Head to the eastern edge of the Commons to find the Amicus Isle teleporter, and don’t forget to check back often for new shops and quests!

Please discuss Amicus Isle here! Keep in mind this area is in BETA, so please report any and all bugs!

Flag Post

The 3D glasses has a minor sprite mishap. So blue lens on the left and red on the right. Looking right – no problem! Looking left – the red is on the left and the blue is on the right. Minor detail that someone may have missed.

Also- great update. Hopefully later you will come out with more multi-player areas for the time being.

Flag Post

“Surfing is not enabled on this server”?

Flag Post

I can’t connect to the “Multiplayer Server”

Flag Post

When you say the merchants and their gear are a ‘limited time offer’ how limited are we talking? Like, is it once they’re gone they’re gone forever or will they (and their rare equips) periodically cycle through? You guys have been really great about not screwing the people who can’t afford to spend real $ out of certain items in all your games and I’d like to hope that same philosophy applies here as well.

Flag Post

Any chance that you can make Amicus Isle not count for the ‘Visit Town/Leave Town’ button? I’d rather go back to whichever map I was on before… now I have to hunt it down in the world map.

Flag Post

Bug report: there are some coconuts that, even if get “highlighted” when you hoover over them with the mouse, when you click them the character is unable to pick them up…

Oh, and I second the request of Confoundo, too. (:

Flag Post

Or possibly a totally separate button for the Isle into the button row?

Flag Post

I am unable to connect to the multiplayer server? Is there something I am missing?

Flag Post

These quests are waaaaaaay too tedious for the reward you get from them. They either need to be scaled back, or have their rewards increased. Also, and this is just my opinion, it’s really disappointing to see all these cool new items, then see how many of them are BB only. You guys have always been really good about not pushing people to buy stuff with BB, please please please, don’t turn into every other energy based game and start trying to nickel and dime us.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Faytgirl80:

When you say the merchants and their gear are a ‘limited time offer’ how limited are we talking? Like, is it once they’re gone they’re gone forever or will they (and their rare equips) periodically cycle through? You guys have been really great about not screwing the people who can’t afford to spend real $ out of certain items in all your games and I’d like to hope that same philosophy applies here as well.

They’ll be rotating. So you won’t know when you’ll next see that merchant, but you do have time to save up & wait (like the rotating BB-only pets).

Originally posted by Confoundo:

Any chance that you can make Amicus Isle not count for the ‘Visit Town/Leave Town’ button? I’d rather go back to whichever map I was on before… now I have to hunt it down in the world map.

Got that on my list, thanks for the suggestion. 8)

Originally posted by shubie1:

I am unable to connect to the multiplayer server? Is there something I am missing?

Tried a different browser/clearing your browser cache?

Originally posted by tsukasawm:

These quests are waaaaaaay too tedious for the reward you get from them. They either need to be scaled back, or have their rewards increased. Also, and this is just my opinion, it’s really disappointing to see all these cool new items, then see how many of them are BB only. You guys have always been really good about not pushing people to buy stuff with BB, please please please, don’t turn into every other energy based game and start trying to nickel and dime us.

These BB-only items are largely cosmetic and thus have little effect other than avatar customization. I totally understand your disappointment that more of them aren’t available for gold but we do have to look for ways to draw revenue from this game so we can put food on the table and keep the lights on in the office. One thing that we do that many energy based games do not is offer free premium currency (4 BBs every 7 days) so you can save up for special items if you so choose. It’ll take patience, but that’s really the way F2Ps work. You play with cash, or you play with patience.

Having said that we do take comments like this seriously – we value our free players too! So thanks very much for your feedback.

Flag Post

Awesome, I don’t mind saving up for a while to get the customization items I want. My only other question is how many different merchants will be cycling? Not really an important question, simply wondering is all. So far, this news has been the only good thing about today so thanks for giving me something to look forward to. ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beerblog:

“Surfing is not enabled on this server”?

(what I think:) reference to counter strike servers where some servers wouldnt allow surfing (where you’re able to go REALLY fast by having the right technique and going foward on a slope. Yeah, it’s hard to explain, so watch this (CAREFUL, loud 90’s techno music). Surfing starts at 1:44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1VmqYcix0 )

Flag Post

After playing a couple days of the side quests, I think they are mostly really, really dull — even though the isle would offer so much more! So, I scrapped up an interesting quest idea.

In my opinion, the isle bar offers a unique idea for the quests. The purple-haired girl speaks about “Ice Liquor from the Snowy Mountains, Dusty Drizzle from the Desert and Jango Juice from the Jungle”. Each of these areas locates to some areas on each of the main game islands. This gave me the following idea.

• In order to unlock the first set of daily quests from the bar, you have to complete The Desert Ranch fully on the first island.
  • The bartender hears about your heroic feat and asks whether you can help her get more ingredients for the bar. You of course say ‘yes’, and she tells you that she needs ingredients X, Y and Z for the Dusty Drizzle.
  • She first gives you the quest to find 50 pieces of ingredient X. You whack bushes in the desert areas (The Desert Ranch, The Dusty Loop, The River’s Source) and find those 50 pieces. You go back to her and she gives you 50 xp, telling that your work isn’t over, come back tomorrow.
  • You come back the next day and she has a new daily quest for you, this time about ingredient Y. You need to find 40 pieces of it by whacking bushes around the desert areas. Do so, and return. She once again gives you 50 xp and once again mentions you aren’t finished.
  • Third day, new daily quest. She now asks you to get 20 pieces of ingredient Z, which can only be gotten by whacking a certain bush (similar to many other dailys, like the Stolen X from the General Shop or Misty). You return to the desert zones and claim these items, then return to finish this quest chain. She gives you 100 xp and 2 island tokens in exchange for your help.
  • These quest chains can be repeated as many times as you want to. As well, to unlock similar quest chains later on, you need to complete The Base Camp to collect ingredients for the Ice Liquor in the snowy mountain areas and Vacatau Island for the Jango Juice in the islands. These quest chains replace each other (Dusty Drizzle is replaced by Ice Liquor after The Base Camp is completed, Jango Juice replaces Ice Liquor upon Vacatau Island completion).

Flag Post

For the plants it would be nice to see what they look like prior to purchases.

Flag Post

I’m just wondering, but are the daily quests on the island different depending on what “room” you’re in? I’ve seen mention of a few different quests, but I’ve never gotten them. All I ever get is the quest for coconuts, shells, and stingrays. I like collecting things so I don’t mind, but I guess a little variety would be nice.

Flag Post

How do I apply the Winter Ranch Style I just bought?

Flag Post

All suggestions read & noted!

Awesome, I don’t mind saving up for a while to get the customization items I want. My only other question is how many different merchants will be cycling? Not really an important question, simply wondering is all. So far, this news has been the only good thing about today so thanks for giving me something to look forward to. ^^

No spoilers. >8D There are several of them, though, as you’ve noticed by now.

I’m just wondering, but are the daily quests on the island different depending on what “room” you’re in? I’ve seen mention of a few different quests, but I’ve never gotten them. All I ever get is the quest for coconuts, shells, and stingrays. I like collecting things so I don’t mind, but I guess a little variety would be nice.

It should be random to the individual. I’ve been on a server where I’m doing lei/pigs and other people are gathering lobster pots or coconuts. However we are aware that people have been getting a lot of repeats.

Originally posted by tkaa:

How do I apply the Winter Ranch Style I just bought?

When you go to your ranch and go into build mode a “Skin Ranch” button will appear right above “Close Build Mode”.

Flag Post

Aww, I understand. Well, they say patience is a virtue so I guess I’l just have to be extra virtuous for now, lol.

Flag Post

Does the snowy ranch style give me my ice blocks??

Flag Post

Please make it so we can walk through the pigs. I often find myself getting stuck when they follow me into tight areas like the sandbar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by juandiego13:

Decidedly not, sir.

Originally posted by Beerblog:

Please make it so we can walk through the pigs. I often find myself getting stuck when they follow me into tight areas like the sandbar.

That’s on our list of fixes to implement, sorry you’re getting stuck on them!

Flag Post
Originally posted by NPOM:
Originally posted by juandiego13:

Decidedly not, sir.

Stupid stupid stupid. It’s lame irresponsible decisions like this that make this game virtually unplayable. I am officially refusing to donate any more bush bucks to this game’s development until I get my ice blocks.

(unless of course something else really cool comes along…)

Flag Post

can someone help me with the treasure hunt im stuck on this one (if you want to go surfing you’ll pass near this clue,just dont think to hard or it might stump you)

Flag Post

There’s a tree stump just north of the guy with the surf boards next to the bar