Forums Elements

New Update 1.30 Patch Notes [LIVE]

209 posts

Flag Post

Visit the Development Page often as their will be more Shards added soon. Here’s the Patch Notes 1.30 topic on official forums.

New Cards:

Shard of Wisdom

Shard of Freedom

Shard of Focus

Seraph

Shard of Bravery

Singularity

Added deck graphic effects for singularity (Side effect from chaining Nova/Supernova)

Shard of Integrity

Ability/Stats List: The Basics

Shard Golem

Ability/Stats List: Unupgraded and Upgraded

Flag Post

Card Changes:

Nova | Supernova

New nova/supernova card descriptions + New nova/supernova mechanics.

Discord | Discord

Discord’s scramble effects only 9 quanta (used to be 10)

Shard of Patience

SoP is now a permanent, and acts at the end of the turn. It doesn’t stack.

Purify

Purify now can target both players and creatures
Purify now also removes sacrifice
Unupgraded purify cost increased to 2
Unupgraded purify healing increased to 2
Purify also removes aflatoxin

Aflatoxin

Unupgraded cost reduced from 8 death to 6 death.
Upgraded cost reduced from 6 death to 5 death.

Sanctuary now counters SoB

Added a chance to evade targeting to Shard of Freedom for Air creatures
Chance increased to 20% per shard.

Flag Post

New Game-Mode: The Trial (Coming after (Not with) this huge update)

Note From Zanzarino:

I am starting to plan what will come after the shards are done and balanced and after as many bugs as possible are removed. The best idea that I have at the moment is the following and I’d like to share it with the community:

A new repeatable quest line called, for lack of a better name: “The trial”. It consists of a series of battles against new and particularly challenging non-random opponents; “non-random” means that the player will have to adjust his/her deck to defeat a specific opponent. The trial will probably exist in “normal” and “hard” mode, for the veterans.

Completing the trial will grant access to a ritual that will improve your mark giving it a soft counter effect against a specific card.
Every time your opponent plays that specific card your mark will generate 5 extra quanta and heal you for 5 hp. (6/6 if you completed the trial in hard mode).

Do you particularly hate a specific card? That card that always ruins you deck? Now you have the chance to further customize your deck and make less unfair!

Stay tuned for more.

Will mark abilities be active in PvP?

I would say yes, the new marks will work as a dynamic way to fine-balance the metagame: since OP cards will be more frequently targeted by mark abilities those cards should lose part of their power.

If they are active in PvP, it would further increase the gap between veterans and newbies.

Completing the trial in normal mode is going to be quite easy even for a new player and it will take a few hours. Completing it in “hard” mode not so easy, even for a veteran.

will you have to do the quest line each time you want to change your mark’s counter thing?

You’ll have to repeat the trial if you want to target a new card, but the mark counter ability is applied to all the marks (all 12 elements).

May I suggest that this be unable to apply to pillars/pendulums at a minimum, and perhaps novas as well? It seems too powerful if one could choose, say, quantum pillars.

Yes, it does not apply to quanta generators, not sure yet about nova/supernova.

Flag Post

Tool Developed:

Shard Golem Calculator by Xenocidius.
Summary: The active skill is determined by primarily the shard with the highest frequency in the golem also the stats of Attack/Hp is based on which shards are used and how many.

Artist:

Another change that happen was that Crytube name was added to the names at the login screen. He made the artwork for Seraph and Shard Golem. Masscolder and Shattari are not mentioned as artists anymore (Spore).

Flag Post

Arena Update:

Base money gain from arena increased to:
Bronze:4
Silver:6
Gold:9
Platinum:12

Effect immediate.

Updated trainer:

Balancing:
Shard of freedom chance increased to 25%
AI does not play more than 6 Shards of Sacrifice in a game

Bugs:
Scarabs swarm bonus is not removed after the first turn anymore
Catapults can kill an opponent
Devour skill does not grant 1/1 if the creature they are trying to eat evades the attack
Shard of Freedom animation does not trigger if the creatures are not attacking because of sundial

Others:
Added graphic effects to the targeting crosshair: it makes it easier to spot creatures that might evade targeting.
EM is granted even if the last blow was delivered by a healing creature (e.g. Jade staff)
It takes now one less consecutive victory to get a special spin. (bronze=5, silver=4, gold=3, platinum=2)

Deck building page redesigned:
It was too complicated and was repeatedly reaching the maximum limit for the number of objects that can be displayed on a flash page; the new version is much simpler and more efficient, but it does not show a preview of the card art (for most cards it was hidden anyway).

New beta version now online; bug fixed:

Supernova triggering singularity during first turn: fixed
Ice bolt vs empty slot (desync): fixed
EM vs arena deck during testing: fixed
Lobo delay (may be intentional): was not intentional but I like it this way
Cloak + Pandemonium (desync): unupgraded pandemonium now removes cloak for both payers
Deflagration + Sundial while I have a zero charges sundial on my side: fixed*
Phoenix + Alfatoxin (0|0 creature): fixed, now the phoenix turns into a malignant cell

Turtle Shield + Scavenger: will be fixed soon: low priority
Shard of Serendipity: will be fixed soon: could not reproduce bug; this one looks like a time consuming one

*fixed painfully and for all the possible deflagration/steal combinations

Note: fixed means that the bug “should” be fixed, more testing is very welcome

The new 1.3 cards are now available (after refreshing temporary files):

In the bazaar (Seraph)
In the special spin (Shards)
Via donations (Shards)

Other points:

AI will now attack their own creatures if they are affected by Antimatter
Osiris and Akebono now include Shards of Focus in their deck
AI prioritizes destroying Sundials over Hourglasses now

Flag Post

The first one seems majorly OP for some reason. Half their quantum saving amount to 10?!
The 2nd is confusing me. So it absorbs permanants, once it’s health hits 50, it turns into a black hole and heals you?

Also, when are we getting to see creatures, weapons and spells? It has only been Shards. :(

Flag Post

First shard to me looks great, seems balanced.

Second shard looks like disaster. We don’t need more easy permanent control in the arena. Plus it does not seem to benefit any particular element. Looks like a second Entropy shard to me.

Flag Post

@DeOctaganapus2, You’re not understanding the first card. It halves your total storage capacity of 75 by using the first SoC, If you use a next SoC it halves your remaining storage capacity of what’s left by the first SoC.

Yes SoF is confusing but here are the notes that willing made for it,

Notes:
-10 HP is added to the Shard’s HP (meaning of course it is a creature)
-Black Hole is placed in your hand, it does not activate like Amber Nymph
-Accretion is an active ability, with no cost
-Shard of Focus is considered the “Gravity Shard”

Imo there’s to many ways to keep SoF in play like using spells to harm your creature: Gravity Pull plus your opponent can help it if it uses CC, lol. SoF is like a Pulverizer for 3 turns (More if CC is done to SoF) and if it has more Hp then 50, You gain a Black hole to your hand.

Flag Post

if this card doesn’t get fixed every gold/plat arena deck will look like this:

5-6 oracle card
6 SoF
23 whatever

Flag Post

True and that’s what many are saying so changes are needed. I am sensing that there will be a good few Gravity decks with SoF poping up more.

Flag Post

Thank you for explaining. I repeat my question with creatures. The Crusader was an amazing idea, and the backbone of my story.

Flag Post

I think the shards are good ideas but need some working, But i agree with this.

Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

Also, when are we getting to see creatures, weapons and spells? It has only been Shards. :(

Flag Post

Shard of focus sounds extremely unbalanced, so here is my suggestion:

1. Instead of destroying a permanent it better only disable it for 1 turn (similar to guard skill, but on permanents).
2. gain 0/10 only if mark is gravity. Otherwise 0/25.

This way, other monodecks will gain a card that can disable permanents for 2 turns. At the cost of 3 quantas. This is more than worth it, while not as overpowered as 4 destroys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

Well at least these shards are Spells plus SoF is a creature but we should be happy that we are gaining cards then nothing at all. :D

Quote summary from Xenocidius based on what Zanzarino said yesterday on official chat.

Some ambiguities cleared up about Shard of Focus
Shard of Focus may receive higher HP, activation cost to make it more balanced
A streaming music system may be added to the game

Oh also if acc/od is placed on SoF it will lose its Pc destroying skill.

Flag Post

Side note : SoF is not OP, and every arena deck having 6 SoF would be hands down a joke. Half of the Plat farmers out there use SoSac. And I don’t think SoSac can be destroyed by.. hm.. anything. IMO SoF isn’t OP when compared to SoSac. But yeah, activation cost of random quanta would be nice. (Or gravity. All of you, use gravity.)

Flag Post

As of right now I think SoF is incredibly overpowered. 4 explosions for 3 random quantums that is almost indestructible by conventional CC due to high, regenerating health

I think a better change would be to reduce its stats, maybe to 0/1, ability adds 0/+2, 0/8 black hole. Just a thought.

Flag Post

Any change similar to what you suggest aeliviate would work also Zanz did say something along these lines “Shard of Focus may receive higher HP, activation cost to make it more balanced”.

Flag Post

O_o shard of focus seems awesome! But shouldn’t it give an advantage to gravity users?

edit: now I know how it’s related to gravity. But it’s the most OP card I ever seen. But zanz always introduces a highly OP card and then heavily nerfs it…

Flag Post

Yup after Zanzarino plays around with the card he then adds the card to the Trainer where players can give better feedback on the card for balance. Then after Zanzarino nerfs it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aeliviate:

As of right now I think SoF is incredibly overpowered. 4 explosions for 3 random quantums that is almost indestructible by conventional CC due to high, regenerating health

I think a better change would be to reduce its stats, maybe to 0/1, ability adds 0/+2, 0/8 black hole. Just a thought.

0/1. Yeah, let’s let EVERYTHING kill it. 0/5 min please.

Flag Post

I’m going to be honest, the one area where i don’t think Zanz has done very well on is balancing the shards. Focus seems almost horrifyingly broken, and shard of sacrifice is pretty broken in its own respect.

Flag Post

Thoughts…

SoC is only useful if you use it a bunch of times. Your opponent probably doesn’t have 75 quanta anyway.

SoF is a bit OP. Should have something to do with gravity mark, shouldn’t be a creature, and shouldn’t have crappy amounts of HP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rocktheworld315:

Thoughts…

SoC is only useful if you use it a bunch of times. Your opponent probably doesn’t have 75 quanta anyway.

SoF is a bit OP. Should have something to do with gravity mark, shouldn’t be a creature, and shouldn’t have crappy amounts of HP.

didnt you read the description? SoF gains 10 for every permanent destroyed by it. and if its hp goes over 50 it does the same thing as the black hole! you are a baka for not reading the whole thing before declaring OP. oh and fyi, baka is idiot in japanese.

Flag Post

I know that! I read it! By crappy i meant way too much. It destroys like 4 permanents and then blows up!?!? I don’t think so.

Flag Post

I just think SoC should be changed to “cap your opponent’s quanta to 10 for 2 turns, 3 if you have aether mark”.
This way only one SoC can be useful.
Because you need 3 or 4 SoC to be effective as it is right now, and newbies will take a lot of time to obtain these 3 SoC.