Forums Elements

Official Forum has changed address

108 posts

Flag Post

Hello Kongers and other Elements regulars. I’m Higurashi, the Global Mod of the Elements forum. I’ve been in charge of most projects since our Admin vanished, and I’ve been keeping a dialogue with the developer Zanzarino to compensate for our lost tools.

I’m posting this now to tell you our forum has moved. We now have 4 Admins, including the lead developer Zanz and me.

Here’s what you need to do if you have an account on the old .com forum.

1) Create a new account on the new forums using the same username you have currently on the official forums – http://elementscommunity.org/forum/
2) Use Xeno’s Account Recovery Tool to transfer the account you have here to the new forum – http://elementscommunity.org/tools/accountlink/

Don’t worry if you want to change username later. I can fix that for you after I’ve fixed a few other things about the forums.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Q: If zanz gets a new domain, we get to rebuild the forums?

Flag Post

Is the info ‘’gone gone’’, or will we have the possibility to recover it? By info i mean threads, account ect.

Flag Post

Personally, I heard that one of our members (hint hint) might be able to copy ALL of the information onto the new boards, but we’ll have to see what’s going to happen in a week or so. I’m sad that it has to come to this though…

Oh SG, where have you gone? T_T

Flag Post

Hopefully it can be back up/renewed/moved somewhere/etc soon :S

Flag Post

Hmm, just wondering: what would it take the renew the domain we have/had (apart from money, of course)? Elementscommunity is a name where you can just ‘feel yourself home’.

Flag Post

Welcome to Kongregate official forums members and I hope you enjoy your stay guys. I hope Scaredgirl solves the domain problem. :(

Flag Post

Thanks for the heads up.

Flag Post

Thanks, Higs. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Flag Post

Unfortunate that it had to come to this, but it seems we will be able to recover one way or another.

Flag Post

1) Jenkar: Off my Profile Picture >.<
2) What about events, notably War and Budoken?
3) Is chat still up? If so, what’s the address, I usually just go to it from the main tab.

Flag Post

Well this’ll certainly bring back a lot of nostalgia if nothing else. Sticking together and keeping each other informed like this is probably the best thing we can do at a time like this.

Flag Post

2) What about events, notably War and Budoken? 3) Is chat still up? If so, what’s the address, I usually just go to it from the main tab.

No events can’t take place since the official forums is down as well as the official chat.

Flag Post

Looking forward to seeing the community forum pieced back in some way.

Flag Post

The Elements Official Forums and Official Chat is working for me now but I think it’s just moving a bit slow. :D

Flag Post

It would seem so. I still think it’d be very worthwhile to relocate the forums, though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by verticae:

It would seem so. I still think it’d be very worthwhile to relocate the forums, though.

I agree, Zanzarino should put forward the money needed for a better protected site.

Flag Post

It’s not about protection, really. It’s about not having an admin. The forums have historically been maintained by third parties, and Zanz wanted to keep it that way. We’ll relocate the forums if we have to, of course, but we’re still waiting for Zanz to contact us.

Flag Post

I am guessing that Scaredgirl is on vacation from official forums of some sort. If Scaredgirl does come back then everything will be resolved and we can continue our happy elements lives. :) If the forums is relocated then would it mean we will lose the domain name which causes a lot work for re-linking within topics and such but hey if it has to it has to just like last time.

Flag Post

Oh, and here I thought I was having personal technical problems. And I was looking forward to the last round of Card Design… Well, here’s to hoping the forums are up and running again soon.

Flag Post

Did Zanz announce anything about this breakdown?

Flag Post

Nuuuuuu~ D:

In calmer news, League Season 1/2012 will be on hold until the forums settle down again, with the countdown timer reset to 2 weeks.

Oh, and also, backup IRC chat is here: https://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.chatspike.net&amp;channel=%23elementsthegame

Flag Post
Originally posted by pikachufan2164:

Nuuuuuu~ D:

In calmer news, League Season 1/2012 will be on hold until the forums settle down again, with the countdown timer reset to 2 weeks.

Oh, and also, backup IRC chat is here: https://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.chatspike.net&amp;channel=%23elementsthegame

The news about Leagues are great Pika, thanks!

Flag Post

Oh nice a back up chat (mibbit) already set in place.