Forums Elements

The Elemental Master (Fanfiction) page 4 (locked)

183 posts

Flag Post

Nice section, and just make sure your character can’t suck the life out of another in a matetr of seconds, or create massive area effect spells. =P

Flag Post

i wonder how much pillars would cost. after all they generate quanta which costs 128 electrum each

Flag Post

SPOILER ALERT
Pillars are owned by rich businessmen and False Gods. Only Elementalists can use Quanta.

Flag Post

that makes sense thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaHumanitarian:

SPOILER ALERT
Pillars are owned by rich businessmen and False Gods. Only Elementalists can use Quanta.

Remove businessmen and then it would fit the theme.

Flag Post

Oh. H’okay.

Flag Post

I was wondering about the shields that reflect spells…

Flag Post

Wow learning a lot of info here. So you only get one quanta to use up for 128 electrum? So it costs (5 fire quanta +1 earth) X (128 electrum) = 768 electrum to play a lava golem? That’s expensive! And where would marks come in?

SPOILER ALERT

Wouldn’t fgs use towers, not pillars?

Flag Post

WOW, good story! But I was wondering how pendulums would work without marks?

Flag Post

Ain’t no such thing as pendulums in mah story.
Also, sorfimmer, which sounds cooler: Pillar or Tower? Imo, pillar sounds cooler, so pillar is the upped version. Idc what you think >:U
EDIT
It doesn’t cost 768 to play the Lava Golem, silly. It costs 768 to make it with quantum. I know that’s expensive, I know, I know, but it’s my story and I can decide what happens in it :D
Next chapter will be released in the next post…

Flag Post

“Spend it on you? What is this? Oo la la…” Graham teased.
“H-hey! It’s not like that!” Justine shouted back while turning away, slightly angry and mostly embarrassed.
“Oh, yes it is,” Cyrus said, joining the conversation. “During lunch break, Hamish told me something… something about a certain someone that he likes…”
“Hey! Shut up!” Hamish quickly shot back.
Graham and Cyrus both chuckled.
That moment, Mrs. Ecklord entered the room, carrying 12 sacks. When Hamish looked closer, he saw that each bag had a different color.
“Umm, Madam?” Hamish asked.
“Yes, yes, I can read minds you know. You are fascinated about why there are so many bags.”
“Yes, that is correct.”
“Well, each bag represents a different element… For instance, this red bag is filled with Fire Quanta, while the first black bag I got was filled with Darkness Quanta.”
“Then what about that one?” Hamish pointed to a colorless sack.
“Oh, this? It’s filled with blank cards.”
“I see… Thank you for answering my queries.”
“No problem. Alright class, let’s get started! Get ready your spell essence, or if you don’t have any, buy some from Eckhart.”
Justine rushed into the queue.
“Hmm, I see… Justine is buying spell essence for Hamish…” Mrs. Ecklord muttered to herself.
The rest of the class took out some spell essence from their respective bags and peculiar-looking granite bowls and enchanted sticks.
“In response to your question, Hamish, those peculiar-looking bowls were made specifically for spellcrafting. The bowls possess a magical property that allows explosions from failed combinations to be absorbed. The wand allows for the speeding up of the spellcrafting process, allowing the spell essence to mix with each other faster.”
“Uh, thanks. Also, how did you know that I was about to ask you? Wait a second, oh yeah…”
Justine walked to Hamish with a sack of spell essence.
“Yes Justine, you have permission to sit with Hamish.”
Justine nodded in her direction and said “Thank you” in her mind. She dragged her chair over to Hamish and sat down, then pulled out the stone bowl and a wand.
“Nice! What will we be making?” Hamish asked Justine.
“I don’t know, there are many possibilities. What’s your favorite element?” Justine asked back.
“Uh, I don’t know… I guess Earth, since I used to live in an Earth village?”
“Okay. Mine is Water. So, we can mix this Earth Quanta and this Water Quanta together… Before that, do you want a spell or a creature?”
“Wait, I thought it was only limited to Spells, hence spellcrafting?”
“No,” Mrs. Ecklord interrupted. “Even though it’s Spellcrafting, you can make creatures as well.”
“Oh, thanks.”
“So, creature or spell?” Justine asked again.
“Uh, since you bought the Quanta… I guess you can choose.”
“Alrighty then, a spell it is!”
Justine weaved the spell essence into the bowl with the wand, and then slowly started churning them together, as if beating eggs. Around 40 seconds of churning or so, the Quanta mixed together, and formed a blue-blackish colored quanta. Justine then imbued the quanta into the card.
She flipped the card over and read the words on it.
“Huh, it says Mud Barrier.” Justine said, slightly disappointed.
“A mud barrier? What is that supposed to do?”
“Alright class, if you are wondering what a certain spell does, you have permission to use this portal to test out your spell.”
Mrs. Ecklord transformed Eckhart into a long, wooden staff with a skull on top of it, and opened a portal.
“Uh, I guess we should go into the portal?” Hamish said to Justine.
“Yeah, we should. Let’s go.”
The both of them stepped into the portal and arrived into a dimension filled with nothing – zero gravity, no landmass, and no sea.
“She can’t read our thoughts here,” Justine said.
“Oh good… I was about to ask you, why does she have a skull on her staff?”
“She’s a Death Magician.”
“Right… Weird. Anyway, we should test out our new spell.”
“Alright, here goes… Mud Barrier!”
A large mass of mud formed underneath Justine’s feet, slowly transforming into a sphere with Justine in the middle. At first glance, it looked like an easy spell to break through.
“Meh, the barrier’s soft,” Hamish said, while feeling the mud.
“Try breaking it?” Justine shouted from the inside.
“Alright.”
Hamish drew back his fist and punched lightly, thinking that it would’ve been easy to break it. However, the moment his fist plunged a centimeter into the mud, it hardened into a hard wall
“So, what happened?” Justine asked.
“Uh, my fist is stuck.”
“What?”
“You see, after I punched it, it well, sort of hardened, and I can’t pull my hand out. Try calling off the spell?”
KURIFFUHANGAR!

Flag Post

Nice part, mud barrier, hehe. I’m wondering if my private messages haven’t been getting through… If they haven’t, check your email

Flag Post

…What private messages? >.<

Flag Post

Visit Private Messages.

Flag Post

wondering if qazz got my last one as welll…. it’s a longer message…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frost1076:

wondering if qazz got my last one as welll…. it’s a longer message…

Yes I did.

Flag Post

I feel like headbanging against the wall because I forgot to check this forum for a few days after you took a break from writing for a while. D: As usual, great story. But, two cliffhangers? You make it harder to not kill ourselves after each chapter because we want to find out what happens so much. So hurry up! :D

Flag Post

@qazz what is your response to the message?

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

Visit Private Messages.

I know, but…
It’s strange when some random person says “you got my private message”? Jk you’re not a random person, Frost, but seriously, why the ‘check your email’ part? …
Won’t say anything else…

Story will be posted soon. Too many ideas, too little time to write. D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by LordDrakan:

I feel like headbanging against the wall because I forgot to check this forum for a few days after you took a break from writing for a while. D: As usual, great story. But, two cliffhangers? You make it harder to not kill ourselves after each chapter because we want to find out what happens so much. So hurry up! :D

Really? My cliffhangers are that cliffhangy? Wow, I must be talented. [/selfboast]

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

Visit Private Messages.

I know, but…
It’s strange when some random person says “you got my private message”? Jk you’re not a random person, Frost, but seriously, why the ‘check your email’ part? …
Won’t say anything else…

Story will be posted soon. Too many ideas, too little time to write. D:

I sent you a message, and…Idk, don’t know why the pms aren’t working.

Flag Post

“Oh, okay, sorry about the trouble, Hamish.” Justine replied, before calling off the spell.
“No, no, it’s not your fault, actually, it’s great that we created such a good spell.”
That moment, Graham popped in into the dimension, holding multiple cards in his hand.
“Yo, sup?” Graham asked casually. “I crafted quite a few spells here, and I’m going to try them out.”
“Wow, cool, what are the names of your cards?” Justine asked.
“Oh, umm, okay, Meltdown, Starshower, and Flare.” Graham replied.
“Wow, sounds cool! Lemme see!” Justine shouted in excitement.
“Well, since I’m not really good at using spells… I guess I can’t say no, since you are the one that’s going to help me test the spells out…” Graham said with a heavy sigh.
“Yes! I knew it! Woo-hoo!” Justine exclaimed.
I’ve never seen Justine so happy before. Well, she seems easily pleased with new spells… I’ll keep that in mind. Hamish thought.
“Cool!” Justine shouted.
“What?” Tiffany asked, as she popped into the dimension. “Why are you so loud? You’re all nuisances!”
“Shut up…” Cyrus muttered. “You’re embarrassing me…”
“What?” Tiffany asked.
“Oh, nothing…” Cyrus responded.
“Hah, Graham, Hamish and I created FOUR awesome spells! Beat that!” Justine shouted at Tiffany.
“Oh, so that’s good?” Tiffany replied.
“Well, duh! I’d like to see you create more!” Justine shot back.
“Stop her.” A voice sounded in Hamish’s head.
“What?” Hamish said using his inner voice in his mind. “Who are you, and stop who?”
“I’m Cyrus… I’m using my Mindgate to speak with you. Stop Justine from provoking Tiffany… I sense a big fight.” Cyrus answered.
“Uh, Justine? I think you shouldn’t provoke her.” Hamish said.
“What? Why?” Justine asked.
“Look, it’s my gut fee-“
“Well, the strange thing is… I did create more good cards!” Tiffany shouted.
She reached into her pocket and pulled out an entire deck. 30 cards, all packed firmly into a leather holder. She took out five cards from the deck and flashed five cards. They looked like normal cards, except much shinier. Much, much shinier.
“I have a bad feeling about this,” Cyrus sounded again in Hamish’s mind. “Those cards… Are upgraded cards. Forbidden for being too powerful… one cannot create it under normal circumstances… they need the assistance of a False God.”
“How did your sister get them then?” Hamish responded with his inner voice.
“Well, to make a long story short… Black market, lots of money, bribery… you get what I mean.”
“Yes… yes I do.”
“You didn’t create those!” Hamish shouted.
“I did. You don’t believe me?” Tiffany replied.
“You didn’t create those, sister.” Cyrus said in a serious tone. “In fact, these aren’t even legit cards…”
“What do you mean, Cyrus?! I’ll tell Dad about your lies!”
“Our dad?” Cyrus said. “I don’t remember being your brother. I’m just a butler.”
“Grr… Cyrus, come here now this instant!”
Justine, Graham and Hamish just stood silent.
“No.”
“You’re fired!”
“I wish I was earlier… Should I tell the entire world how you treat me next?”
“Enough, children.” Mrs. Ecklord suddenly popped in. “I’ve heard enough. Get back to class.”
“Yes ma’am…” Cyrus said, meekly.
“If the teacher says so…” Tiffany said.
The two stepped into the portal and disappeared quickly. Mrs. Ecklord then slowly approached Hamish.
“Test your spells in peace. I’ve removed the nuisances.” Mrs. Ecklord calmly said.
She then walked towards the portal and quickly disappeared as well.
“Wow. Too much information, man.” Graham said.
“Agreed.” Hamish added on.
“Well… Since they’re gone, I guess we should test our spells?” Justine suggested.
“Hey! Since when did I make it OUR spells?” Graham shot back.
“The moment you gave them to me. Or do you want me to keep them?” Justine asked rhetorically.
“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, geez.” Graham replied.
“Alright! First, let’s test Starshower. Also, Hamish, we can use this opportunity to test out the strength of Mud Barrier.” Justine said, smiling in his direction.
“…How?” Hamish asked.
“Well, you shield yourself with Mud Barrier, and then I cast Starshower and see whether or not you survive.” Justine said, again smiling in his direction.
“NO! I MIGHT DIE YOU KNOW!” Hamish shot back.
“Coward.” Justine said.
“Am not! Get Graham to do it!” Hamish shouted.
“Well, you see, I’m not really good at using spells, so I probably won’t be able to bring out the full strength of the Mud Barrier.” Graham explained.
“I’m not good at using spells either!” Hamish shouted again.
“Don’t lie. Remember how you used Acceleration? That was a really good combo. Even I wouldn’t have thought of that.” Justine said.
“Fine… I just hope I won’t die.”
“Don’t worry. You can trust me.” Justine said.
“I’m starting to seriously doubt that…”
CLIFFHANGER
Sorry Drakan. Don’t kill yourself.

Flag Post

Longest. Chapter. Ever. And I feel so special that I’m such a regular I get mentioned at the end of chapters. :D And I get the first post after the new…chapter part thing WITH A CLIFFHANGER! Don’t worry, I will store my knives in a secure location. Quick EDIT: I wanna see Tiffany fail with her upgraded cards. D: Plz?

Flag Post

I just woke up, and I am now going to write :D.
My timezone is the exact opposite of NYC

Flag Post

100th Post! :DDDD
“Well, I guess she likes you enough, so she probably won’t kill you.” Graham said.
“Yes, that is very true. If you die, I will be a sad person.” Justine said.
“So, what’s going on?” Cyrus asked, entering the dimension.
Hamish blinked. “Huh? What? I thought Mrs. Ecklord was-“
“Yes, yes, I know, Tiffany is the only one in trouble. You see, Mrs. Ecklord read your mind and noticed that you didn’t treat me as a nuisance.” Cyrus interrupted.
“What? I thought her mind reading could only affect people in the same dimension?” Justine asked in disbelief.
“It’s called a mindgate…” Cyrus said.
“Oh yeah… that Aether thingy that allows you to go into someone’s mind and see all their thoughts… And speak to them without physically being near to the person.” Graham said.
“Yes, yes, what he said.” Cyrus added on.
“Then what about the butler part? What was that all about?”
“Well, a long time ago-“
“Can we not start so long ago?” Hamish asked.
“You want to hear the story?” Cyrus asked back.
“Uh, yes?” Justine said.
“Then, a long time ago-“
“Alright, screw that, I’ll hear it another time. Justine, let’s test the spells.” Hamish said, rudely.
“Okay!” Justine responded.
“…ahem.” Cyrus said.
“What?” Graham asked.
“You know, I deserve a little respect here…”
“Yes, yes, I’ll give that to you later. We can hear your story some other time. Right now, test the spells.” Hamish said.
“Fine.” Cyrus said.
“Good. Now, Justine, when I say ‘3’, you will cast Starshower, and I will cast Mud Barrier. Okay?” Hamish asked.
“Okay.” Justine replied.
“1… 2… 3… cast!” Hamish shouted.
Justine quickly casted Starshower. A small star appeared in her hand, then disappeared. A bunch of large meteors headed towards Hamish at high speeds. Hamish, then realizing that he was in danger, casted Mud Barrier.
“No chance he will survive that,” Cyrus said. “Justine, call off the spell.”
“Let’s just wait and see, Cyrus. In the past few hours that I’ve known Hamish, he’s good at pulling off last minute combos.” Graham said.
The first meteor crashed onto the barrier. The barrier still held up, with a few cracks in it. Then, the second meteor came. The barrier was destroyed, but Hamish was still unscathed. The third meteor was coming… and there was no way for Justine to call off the spell.
“Spellbreak!” Cyrus shouted.
A light blue barrier appeared above Hamish. The third meteor hit the barrier. There was no explosion, no force, nothing. The meteor just disappeared.
“Woah… How did you do that?” Graham asked.
Well… CLIFFHANGER!
Drakan, destroy all your knives.