Forums Elements

The Elemental Master (Fanfiction) page 5 (locked)

183 posts

Flag Post

…no response.
I have no more motivation to write. ;(

Flag Post

I’m sure a lot more people have read it then have posted. Everything is going great though! =D

Flag Post

I’ve been following along since the beginning and I really love the story. Never posted since I had really had nothing to post about. I willing to bet there are others like me out there that really just read the text. Also, majority of readers usually don’t have accounts

Flag Post

Good story but I have no motivation to comment ;(

Flag Post

If it’s what it takes to get a chapter than i’ll do it.

Flag Post

…:O
(tears)

Flag Post

“Well…” Cyrus began, “It all started when I was born… there was a mark on my right hand. A light-blue mark. My mother was in service to Tiffany’s father, but she died, and now I am forced to serve the nobles…”
Cyrus pulled off the glove on his right hand and a mark, an Aether Mark, was there.
“An Aether mark? Th-that means…” Justine stuttered.
“Yes, I am a Half-Blood.” Cyrus calmly said. “I hope you will tell no one, you three and my mother’s spirit are the only ones who know of my secret. Being a master of Aether, I can easily destroy all communications leading into my mind, thus, nobody will be able to communicate with me using telepathy.”
“So, Mrs. Ecklord can’t read your mind?” Graham asked.
“Yes, that is the case.”
“Wait… A half-blood is created when a false god falls in love with a human… who was your father?” Justine asked.
Cyrus shrugged. “I don’t know. All that I know was that my father was a false god, and a master of Aether.”
“False gods?” Hamish asked.
“False gods are people that are masters of their own Element. In other words, the most powerful 12 people in the entire world. Some are Elementalists, some are Magicians, some are Sages… and some use fighting techniques that only they know. They are called false gods, as although they are almost invincible in combat, they are not immortal.” Cyrus stopped to breathe, then continued. “My main element is Aether. That means my father is-“
“Gemini.” Justine interrupted.
“Hey, the mark on your hand is glowing!” Hamish quickly said.
“Something bad is happening… this dimension is probably collapsing! Quick, let’s get out of here!”
-
Hamish suddenly woke up with a thud. He could hear explosions going on all over the place. He was in a place he had never been before.
“Ugh… what happened?” Hamish asked.
He tried to stand up, but he couldn’t. He was lying down in a bed. There was a sharp pain in his leg.
“I see you are awake,” Cyrus began. “Basalt City has been attacked by Igorin.”
“Igorin?”
“A powerful nation. Much more powerful than Basalt City. Our army managed to defend, but, the southern part of the city is completely wrecked.”
“So, I’m guessing our school is in the south?”
“No, it’s in the North. It is wrecked as Igorin ordered their machinery to bombard this area. The bombardment is still going on though.”
“What happened to Justine and Graham?”
“They woke up much earlier than you. You were asleep for four days. Right now, Justine is with the other mages in the City putting up a dissipation field so that the artillery and troops can’t get through. Graham is in the south gathering survivors.”
“Where am I?”
“The hospital. You are severely injured, Hamish, so you should rest.”
“Wait! Pass me that card over there!” Hamish pointed to a table.
Cyrus picked the card from the table. “This?”
“Yes!”
Cyrus handed the card over to Hamish.
“Aid me, God of Life, and help me to recover from my injuries! Rejuvination!” Hamish said loudly.
A light green light surrounded Hamish and amazingly, his wounds were all healed.
“Huh? There’s a note on this thing.”
“What’s it say?” Cyrus asked.
“Use this to heal yourself… From Tiffany.”
“Wow, so she actually cares. Well, since you are now healed… you will be posted somewhere to protect Basalt City… you don’t have a choice, but since I’m nice, I’ll let you decide.”
“Cyrus, aren’t you a butler?”
“Yes, I am.”
“Then how do you have power over these sort of things?”
“Hey, I’m good at persuading people… like Tiffany. Her father is in charge of this entire defense.”
“Oh… I see.”
“So, you can either join Justine with putting up the dissipation field, help Graham find more survivors, or join me in the defense in case the barrier fails.”
“Uh…”

A) Join Justine in putting up the Dissipation Field.
B) Join Graham in finding survivors.
C) Join Cyrus in the defense in case the Field doesn’t work.
D) Ignore him and go back to sleep.

Flag Post

Please post something D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaHumanitarian:

Please post something D:

something D:, Don’t worry just give people some time and you will get replies. :D

Flag Post

I would say A if you want Ham to be in love with Justine, B if he has become great friends with Graham, or C if you want to have him learn more about Cyrus, but I think it’s preety obvious what he would choose. I like the way Cyrus turned out ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:
Originally posted by DaHumanitarian:

Please post something D:

something D:, Don’t worry just give people some time and you will get replies. :D

Yes sir! :D
Also, qazzaq, what is your response?

Originally posted by Frost1076:

I would say A if you want Ham to be in love with Justine, B if he has become great friends with Graham, or C if you want to have him learn more about Cyrus, but I think it’s preety obvious what he would choose. I like the way Cyrus turned out ;D

I’m guessing you are saying C.
Also, the way Cyrus turned out…
MUTHATRUCKING TWIST.

Flag Post

I say C go with Cyrus

Flag Post

Lol, by the choice is obvious, I meant he would go to find Justine, but he could realize he wouldn’t help much with a bunch of mages, so he might go with Cyrus.

Flag Post

I was searching for random pictures on the interwebs… And then I found multiple pictures that suit what I think the characters look like… I will link them up on imgur and post them here.

Hamish – http://imgur.com/p4ntc (Meh)

Justine – http://imgur.com/feor9 (Epic lol)

Graham – http://imgur.com/qx3tk (The scars he got from the fight .)

Cyrus – http://imgur.com/u19Kg

Tiffany… – http://imgur.com/hpfUg (…looks a little chibi to me.)

Don’t judge me. These are what I think the characters look like. Maybe in your opinion they don’t. Anyways, next chapter will be released soon :D

Flag Post

“Oh well, I want to go with Justine, but I’m no good at magic…”
“No good? Is that supposed to be a joke?” Cyrus asked rhetorically. “Look, you are talented at magic, even though you are an Elementalist.”
“Really?” Hamish asked.
“Yes really. You are good at magic.”
“But, I want to learn more about your story, and I think I’ll be better off fighting than putting up a barrier.”
“Fine then, it’s your choice… Follow me.”
Cyrus snapped his fingers and two light-blue circular barriers appeared. He stepped into one of them, and signaled Hamish to step in the other.
“What’s this?” Hamish asked, as he stepped into the barrier.
“A teleporter.”
“Huh? I thought you’d use portals for that?”
“Who the hell would set up a damned portal in a hospital ward?”
“Good point…”
“Alright, let’s stop the chatter, we should be moving on,” Cyrus finished his sentence, then snapped his fingers again. Static filled his mind, and when it cleared out, he was standing in a watchtower.
“Whoa! How does it work?”
“Well, I simply summoned two barriers, after we stepped into them, I used acceleration on them.”
“Wait, but then how would we pass through walls?”
“This small blue barrier is like a mini-dimension. Anything inside the barrier and the barrier itself do not exist in the real dimension… When I call off the spell, we then phase shift back to the real dimension.”
“Huh.”
Loud explosions interrupted their conversation.
“What was that?” Hamish asked.
The radio next to them buzzed and whirred, and then a human’s voice bellowed.
“Cyrus, Cyrus, do you read me?”
“Yes Justine, I can hear you.” Cyrus responded.
“Our barrier is taking heavy damage. Igorin’s forces might break through!”
“What?” Cyrus said, as he looked North. Multiple dragons were assailing it with their breath and claws.
“I don’t see anything different,” Cyrus said.
“Look closer! You should be able to see some cracks!”
Cyrus quickly grabbed a pair of binoculars and passed it to Hamish. Hamish took this moment to quickly scan the area.
“Yeah, there are cracks.” Hamish said. “Also, something weird is coming from 1 o’clock. It seems Igorin is bringing some heavy ground forces…”
“Hamish? Is that you?”
“Indeed, Hamish is here, but there is no time for idle chatter. We must tell the rest of the troops! What’s the estimated time for breakthrough?” Cyrus said in a serious tone. “Tell the rest of the Earth Kingdom about this. We will need reinforcements.”
“Breakthrough… breakthrough… I guess about 1 hour and 40 minutes.” Justine said.
“That’s barely enough time!” Hamish shouted.
Cyrus and Justine both ignored Hamish. “We should hurry, not complain.” Cyrus said.
“Right!”
Cyrus shot three fireballs into the air.
“This is an announcement from Major Andrews, all watchtowers are to be evacuated and replaced by archers immediately. According to Corporal Cyrus, the barrier is about to be broken. All units are to report back to their original positions. Units carrying out survivor searches will cease and join the defense force.” The radio buzzed.
“…is is that Mr. Andrews?” Hamish asked.
Cyrus looked down to his feet and shook his head, disappointedly. “Unfortunately, yes…”
“Holy crap? Why’d they appoint a retard?” Hamish blurted out.
Cyrus sighed, then spoke. “…he’s a Major. If he hears you… well-“
“I get it…” Hamish interrupted. “If he hears me I’m dead meat.”
“Glad that you know. Well, my original position was defense platoon 6… which is the one that I’m commanding. Since you don’t have a platoon, follow me.”
“Yes sir…”
END OF CHAPTER 2
Putting a cliffhanger, without actually saying cliffhanger.

Flag Post

Not much time to post, but it was great. Think Cyrus is turning out quite well, and the story seems to be going without a hitch. As all ways, if you need help with writing/story ideas, just send me a message ;)

Flag Post

good chapter but why people besides frost no post

Flag Post

Haha. Idk lol.
Right now, I’m thinking of story ideas and need more characters, esp. villains. Keep suggesting! :D

Flag Post

“Platoon 6 is ready and accounted for, sergeant.” Cyrus said.
“Good. Who’s that new guy there?” The sergeant asked.
“Uh, good morning sir! I’m Hamish Vaughan and I was ordered by Major Andrews to join this platoon, sir!” Hamish quickly responded.
“Vaughan? So you’re a prince? Don’t think all because you’re a prince will make me treat you nicely. Stand at attention, along with the other soldiers. I’m Sergeant Gareth Mihail.” Gareth said. “Also, don’t drink that.”
Hamish was about to open a bottle and drink what was inside, until Gareth stopped him. He was lucky, as the bottle contained… piss, or liquid excrement for the more scientific readers. He gagged once he realized what he was about to drink.
“Private Vaughan, are you strong, or do you prefer to sling arrows from far away like a moron?”
The platoon chuckled.
“Actually sir,” Cyrus interrupted, “this guy knows how to use Magic, like me.”
“Ooh, looks like we have a new corporal. But since I can’t promote you yet, as you haven’t shown your skills in battle, why don’t you show it in the battle that’s about to happen?” Gareth laughed, and then continued to talk. “You might not survive though.”
Cyrus’s voice sounded in his head. “Don’t worry, this guy is a moron.”
“Alright, gear up ladies! We have a battle to fight!” Gareth shouted.
The platoon rushed to the armory to grab the best armor and swords before anyone else did.
“Why are they all rushing to grab them? Gareth is grabbing armor, too!” Hamish asked curiously.
“Oh, this platoon is under-equipped, and everyone wants to survive in the battle. You see, there’s only one full set of iron, and 17 sets of bronze armor. There are 20 people in this platoon, you and me included. So, we’re the only two without armor.”
Hamish’s jaw dropped. “WHY THE HELL DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THEN?!”
“Calm down… the others in these platoon do not know how to use magic. You could say… we’re super-natural, and they’re-“
“Code Red!” The alarm interrupted. “This is an emergency announcement from Corporal Saffron! Time of breakthrough is now approximately five minutes! I repeat, time of breakthrough is now approximately five minutes!”
“Shit,” Cyrus cursed. “We’re out of time. Prepare all your cards… If you need, I have some I can lend you.”
Cyrus opened what looked like a portal, except that it was much smaller. He reached his hand in, and pulled out a sack.
“Whoa… How’d you do that?” Hamish asked.
“Aether Storage. That’s what I call it. Basically, there’s another tiny, tiny dimension, which is my arm’s length. I open a portal to it and I grab stuff out. That’s where I keep all my stuff. Basically, a portable storage.”
“Cool, teach me how to-“
“Enough chatter, new kid. We have an army to fight.” Gareth interrupted.
“Yes sir. Hamish, take this sack. It will serve you well.” Cyrus said.
The alarm sounded very loudly and a human’s voice bellowed. “This is Major Andrews and I will be in charge of defense of this city. Igorin has broken through the barrier. Platoon 6 and 7 are to guard the Central Gate. Platoon 4 and 5 are to station at point A62 and to assail arrows onto passing ground forces. Mage Platoon is to guard against any aerial attacks, and Sage Platoon are to wait on standby. The other platoons are to guard these points: A51, B02, C19.”
“Wow… I think he isn’t a retard after all.” Hamish said.
“He isn’t. He’s the best strategist in this army. Much better than me, and in combat to. Have you ever heard of the blade ‘Farenheit’?”
“Wait, you mean the legendary fire blade?”
“Yes.”
KLIFFHANGED YOU.

Flag Post

Let’s see some action! =D

Flag Post

Oh my god a comment? You probably love me?~

Flag Post
Originally posted by packman852:

Oh my god a comment? You probably love me?~

What?
Also, next chapter coming soon :D Do you guys want more of Mr. Andrew’s strategy, or action?
EDIT Screw dat, action it is.

Flag Post

“The owner of Farenheit is… Mr. Andrews.” Cyrus said.
Hamish’s jaw dropped as he started to doubt Cyrus’s words. “Are you serious?”
“Cyrus, what are you doing?! The battle has already started! Platoon 6, move out!” Gareth shouted.
“Sir yes sir!” Upon Gareth’s command, the entire squad followed.
“I’ll tell you more later…” Cyrus said, while running to catch up with Gareth. Hamish followed behind the squad.
“Corporal, platoon 7 can handle the gate themselves… platoon 6 will get all the glory!” Gareth shouted. The rest of the platoon cheered as well. “Screw the central gate, we’re charging Igorin straight on!”
“Sergeant, are you retarded? We’ll seriously die if we charge them head on! Igorin outnumbers us 20 to 1! You must follow the major!” Cyrus shouted.
“Hah! Who’s in charge now, huh?” Gareth shouted, as he pushed Cyrus back. The platoon quickly headed to the southern gate to fight Igorin head on.
“What an idiot…” Cyrus said as he wiped off dirt from his clothes. “That guy is a good fighter and commander… he just never takes orders. Knowing his battle skill, he might survive against an ordinary army…. Not for Igorin, though…”
“Where do we go now?” Hamish asked.
“The central gate, of course.”
“Right.”
Cyrus and Hamish dashed towards the central gate to prepare for the invasion.
“Sergeant Julian! Platoon 6…. No, Private Hamish and I have arrived.” Cyrus said.
“Where’s the rest of your platoon?” Julian asked.
“They screwed up, sir. Gareth led the men to fight Igorin head on… I tried to stop him.” Cyrus said.
“Hah, no need to worry. I never liked that guy though. Hurry up! We have an army to repel!” Julian shouted.
Platoon 7 obviously had better equipment. They were all armed well, spears, bows, swords, armor, even their boots were top-notch.
“Hey, Cyrus!” A familiar voice shouted. “Hamish’s here, too?”
Hamish turned to the direction of the shouting and saw Graham.
“Yo, nice to see you, Hamish. Cyrus too. I was so worried when I heard you were comatose.” Graham casually spoke.
“I was in comatose?” Hamish said.
Cyrus looked away, with some signs of guilt on his face.
“Yeah, you were hit pretty bad. Your head was bruised pretty badly, but Justine managed to heal you before you died. You were kind of lucky. Tiffany seemed concerned as well.” Graham said.
“So, she actually-“
The sound of heavy stomping stopped the conversation. Legions of troops poured in from the gate entrance, all armored better than platoon 7.
“Porcupine position! Shields up!” Julian shouted.
Platoon 7 created a strong formation. Soldiers in front knelt down, put their shields up and held up their spears. The soldiers at the back stood up behind the soldiers in front, and put their shields and spears up as well. Soldiers rammed into the shields carelessly and many were impaled.
“Firebolt! Lightning!” Cyrus shouted.
Lightning struck down multiple soldiers, and they dropped like bowling pins. Fireballs came out of Cyrus’s hands and burned up multiple soldiers. Graham was shooting arrows from behind the shield formation. Hamish wasn’t doing anything, and he decided that he had to join the fight.
“Go! Rusty, Horned Frog!”
The two creatures, seemingly out of nowhere, popped up in front of the formation, knocking several Igorin troops backward. Platoon 7 still held their formations, even though Rusty and the frog were ripping up troops by the hundreds.
“Don’t get cocky, these are only the grunts!” Julian shouted.
“What?! But their equipment are very good!” Hamish shouted back.
“Private, that’s why Igorin is a world power!” Julian shouted, as he sliced some soldiers attempting to jump over the formation.
“Sir, they’re breaking through the formation! There are too many of th-“
The soldier abruptly stopped as his head rolled on the ground, with an arrow stuck in it.
“Shit! Brace for impact!” Julian shouted. “Arrows are coming!”
Cyrus looked up and saw arrows blotting out almost all sunlight. Thinking quickly, he snapped his fingers and a portal appeared. The arrows poured and poured into the portal, and suddenly, arrows poured over Igorin’s forces. The arrows then abruptly stopped.
“What happened?” Julian asked. “Corporal, how did you do that?”
“Oh, I opened a portal above us and another over where I think Igorin’s archers were. I guess I was lucky, as the arrows stopped.”
“Wow… you shouldn’t just be a corporal, Cyrus. With your battle skills, you might make sergeant!”
“Uh, thanks… – wait, look! It’s a dragon!”
CLIFFHANGER.

Flag Post

Decided to write because I have nothing to do anyway…

Cyrus pointed in the direction of a mythical, flying beast. Its wings, by itself, measure over 20 meters in length. It was swooping down and heading for the platoon.
“Oh shit. Run!” Julian shouted.
Platoon 7 ducked for cover while Graham and Cyrus kept their cool. Hamish, with too much information to process, did not know what to do.
“No sweat. I got this. Cyrus, back me.” Graham said.
“You got it!” Cyrus shouted back.
“Give me a little boost.” Graham said.
Cyrus summoned two blue barriers which Graham jumped on to lunge at the dragon. The dragon, sensing Graham, immediately breathed fire at Graham. The column of fire completely surrounded Graham, and he could not be seen.
Graham was unscathed when he was visible again.
He pulled out Airblast in its blade form and threw one of the blades the dragon’s wing. The dragon was cut, but not very badly, even though the blade went right through it.
Next, Graham used a gravity pull to pull back his blade, and combined the two pieces into Airblast’s bow form. He shot four arrows into the dragon’s chest. The dragon did not move either. None of his attacks seemed to be dealing critical damage.
“Heh…” Graham laughed.
He detonated the arrows. A large cloud of black smoke fogged up the air. The dragon swooped out for Graham and grabbed him with its claws.
“What? Impossible!” Cyrus shouted. “In dragonslaying theory… the heart should have been destroyed by the explosion! This is no ordinary dragon…”
“Agh!” Graham screamed in pain. “I don’t like to use this, but…”
A bright flash of light came. Cyrus and Hamish looked away, as the flash was blinding their eyes. When the flash stopped, they looked back. Graham was surrounded with 8 different swords. He combined all of them into one, Ultimate sword…
The sword was gigantic. It was ¾ the height of Graham. The sword had fancy ornamental markings on it, and the hilt was finely decorated too. But there was one thing that set apart this sword from all others…
The metal it was made from wasn’t normal. It gave off an eerie glow. A saddening demeanor, but still fierce and determined. The metal it was made from was colored light blue as well.
“Airblast Final Form.” Cyrus said.
“Huh?” Hamish asked.
“Airblast Final Form. Graham’s ultimate skill. He recently mastered this 3 days ago while you were comatose. This sword… it can control winds and generate hurricanes… Very powerful. Only the Half-Blood Aero was known to use this blade… then he died. His offspring still hasn’t been found… this guy, Graham, might be the one.”
Hangcliff

Flag Post

Drakan recently jumped into a garbage truck to get his knives back. D: I can’t believe I haven’t checked this thread in all this time. D: D:
AND I MISSED YOUR ONLY CHOICE RECENTLY. Talk about not being in the story anymore.
It’s still epic, but it seems everyone is just randomly changing, day-to-day. Very odd.