Forums Elements

The Summoning (by Dawn to Dusk)

114 posts

Flag Post

Hey, I’ve been reading the forums and there have been more and more fanfics coming up. They are all looking pretty good so I decided to try my hand at one. It is called The Summoning and what is different with this is that playing cards and fight scenes are different to other stories, almost similar to that of The Elemental Master by Dahumanitarian but also quite different. Remember, character and story suggestions are always welcome and feedback is appreciated. Also, I do not own anything in this story. So, here it is…

Flag Post

Chapter 1
You wake up to someone shaking your shoulder. 
" wake up," says a voice in your ear. You can tell that it’s female however you have no idea who’s voice it is. You slowly open your eyes and find yourself not in your bed, but in a lush forest. You take in the scenery, trees everywhere and the sound of bird calls echoing through the forest. " where am I?" 
“You’re in the evergreen forest” you hear the voice again but you still haven’t seen the face of the person who is talking to you. " I found you out hear all alone so I decided to stay until you woke up." you turn to face the girl and you see that she is around the same
age as you " my name is Elise, what’s yours?" 
" Jackson" you say. You look past Elise and see an eerie glow coming from one of the bushes about 10m away from you. 

Both of you run to the glow and see a card. 
" hey, there’s one over here too" Elise says, running over to a second glow. You pick up a card and read it’s name. 
“burning pillar” As you say this, a giant flaming tower  appears behind you. As this is happening, you hear Elise say light pillar and a shining tower appears behind her. 
“Elise!” you shout out “come and see this”
Elise comes, holding a second card in her hand. 
“hey, where did you find that?” you say to her.
“Oh, I found this at the base of my tower” she says, holding out a card which says guardian angel on it. You rush over to your tower and sure enough, there’s a second card
there too. “ash eater” you say and a flame sparks next too you. The flame expands then disappears and a small creature with smoke coming out of it’s back is left in it’s place.

“we should look around more, there may be more cards” Elise says to you. You start to look more when a horned frog pounces on you. “ash eater!” you shout and the ash eater appears. The ash eater lunges at the frog and damages it quite a bit. The frog swipes at the ash eater and it falls to the ground, burns, and disappears. With the frog distracted and weakened, Elise calls upon her guardian angel. Her angel attacks the frog which falls to the ground, gets enveloped in a green light and finally disappears. 

In it’s place is a token bearing the mark of life. “I think you should pick it up Jackson” Elise says. You pick it upend the token shines. It morphs into a card shape and the light fades. “fire bolt”. Out of the card comes a fireball which crashes into the ground and creates a large explosion.
“it’s getting dark, you should come to the town to find somewhere to stay.”
You follow Elise back to the town where you go to the elders house. You and Elise tell the elder the whole story. “you must go to the ancient town to the north and find the elder there. He will direct you to the guardian”
“who?” asks Elise
“the guardian is said to have mastered all 12 elements: water, fire, air, earth, light, dark, death, life, aether, entropy, gravity and time. He…” BOOOMM

Jackson
Permanents- burning pillar
Creatures- ash eater
spells- firebolt
Health- 100

Elise
Permanents- light pillar
Creatures- guardian angle
Health- 100

Flag Post

Fun story, I like the battle scenes so keep going. :D

Flag Post

maybe keep going until you reach a desision point?
nice story.
Also, are there any quanta pools?

Flag Post

what i’m going to do with the pillars is the amount of pillars they have, the stonger the spell. So for now, there wont be a quanta pool
The title is temporary so if you think of a better one, post it on this forum and thanks for the praise :D
New chapter either tomorrow or the weekend

Flag Post

I always love new fanfics, but why is Jackson not startled by the pillars and cards? Not to mention that he has no idea where he is.

Flag Post

He’s more curious and confused about the cards and pillars rather than startled.

Flag Post

Mysterious World? Eh not good with suggesting names.

Flag Post

Chapter 2
" What was that!" you shout
All three of you run outside. A man in a black cloak is further down the road and has a black dragon accompanying him.
“unstable gas” he says in an eerie voice. An empty bottle appears in his hand which he places at the base of a building. “black dragon, blow it up” a beam of black fire emanates from it’s mouth which hits the bottle. It blows up and destroys a building.
“what should we do?!” Elise shouts.
“ash eater” you say as you pull out it’s card. Nothing happens so you look at the card to see what’s wrong. The card was black and white rather than it’s usual red. “what’s happening?” you ask the elder. 
“I’d say that after your ash eater hasn’t fully recovered from it’s battle with the horned frog. Try summoning the burning pillar then the fire bolt” 
“all right, burning pillar” the pillar comes up from the ground “fire bolt,” the ball of fire comes out of the card except as it flies at the dragon, a small orb bearing the mark of fire flies into the flame. The fire bolt intensifies greatly and destroys the dragon in one hit with 2 tokens falling down in place of it.
“ugh, useless thing” the cloaked man says. He starts walking off then disappears.
“what was that about?” Elise asks
“come with me” the elder says. You and Elise follow him into his house where he tells you about who that man was and what was just happening.
“he is one of the dark overlords leading minions”
“wait a minute, start from the beginning” Elise says with a confused look.
“the dark overlord used to be the guardian of light, however, he became overwhelmed by the power and darkness soon consumed him. The false gods, after knowing this, put him on a curse. The curse was that he was to be banished to the underworld for thousands of years. However, being the previous guardian, he has mastered all cards and can summon them with the power imbued within. Because he was weakened, he fled using his power and assigned 4 people to help regain his power and kill the new guardian. As time went on, the 4 ‘leaders’ developed an army if grunts and each leader developed a special power: necromancy, telekinesis, the power to control darkness and teleportation”
“so why didn’t he have his minions with him?”
“I don’t know. Someone or something…” his voice trails off for a minute. “you must leave now!”

A) look for the new guardian
B) search for the dark overlord
C) “no, I think we should stay”

Jackson
Spells- fire bolt
Creatures- ash eater

Elise
Permanents- light pillar
Creatures- guardian angel

Note that Jackson and Elise have forgotten about the tokens but they will pick them up in the next chapter.

Flag Post

just so you know, I won’t be posting a new chapter every day

Flag Post

The 2 tokens are like coins to be used for? I shall pick A) look for the new guardian.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

The 2 tokens are like coins to be used for? I shall pick A) look for the new guardian.

A), but if we have time left, we’ll go hunting for MOAR tokens. Anyways, can we choose what we get from the tokens? Also, can you show us the card cooldowns?

Flag Post

Create a bazaar with custom cards to be special (Using the card designer :D) otherwise link the card image.

Flag Post

Okay, I think I should explain the cooldowns a bit more. Once a spell or permanent is used in battle, or a creature is defeated in battle, it enters a cooldown. That cooldown means it can’t be used in the next battle but can be used in the one after.
I will use new cards in the story and I’ll send a hyperlink on the card names to the card itself so thanks for the idea.
Electrum is used for currency but they can’t buy cards in this current town.

I’ll be using card ideas that I find in ‘ideas for elements ccg’

Flag Post

Sounds good to me. :D

Flag Post

I really like the cooldown idea. I pick A.

Flag Post

I’m going to modify what I do with the new cards.
1. The new cards can’t be bought from the shops in the story. They can only be obtained by tokens or from gifts.
2. I will replace the first post with the pictures of the new cards and their abilities/effects

Flag Post

Can we choose what we get from tokens? And can you explain those gifts?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MansW1:

Can we choose what we get from tokens? And can you explain those gifts?

When you say can we choose what we get from the tokens, do you mean can Jackson and Elise choose what they get or do you mean can the actual posters here choose what they get? And the gifts are simply rewards for helping people

Flag Post

Chapter 3
“I think we should go find the new guardian” Elise says to you. “well if your going to the ancient village, your going to need a map” the elder says as he passes you 200 electrum “this is for the map and supplies”
“thanks” you say and you walk outside, the elder following you.
“you need to go that way” he says pointing to a forest, similar to the one you were found in. First, you go to the market and buy a map for 50 electrum then you go towards the entrance of the forest and see the tokens on the ground from last night. “oh! I forgot about these” you shout in surprise. You and Elise both pick one up. Yours turns into a fire spirit and elise’s turns into a holy light. Curious to see what they do, you and Elise summon your cards. First off is the fire spirit which appears unable to attack until the elder says to summon you pillar. You try to but the pillar is cooling down. “try this” he says as he summons a pillar. The fire orb flies into the spirit, making it look more powerful. “spells only absorb one quanta from each pillar but creatures absorb it over over time. Try out yours Elise” 
“okay, holy light!” light shines from the card and onto you Elise. “This spell will heal you for up to 10 life” he hands her another card. “what’s this?” 
“it’s Pegasus, try summoning it”
“Pegasus” a winged horse appears next to Elise. She gasps and begins to stroke it. “it’s beautiful! thank you”
“If you ever get a wind pillar, pegasus’s attack will double”
Another fire orb flies from the pillar to the spirit.
“alright, we’d best be off now” you say.
“go to here” the elder says as he points to a position on the map. “it’s a good spot to rest” Elise thanks him for the card again and you and her leave.

Your barely 5 minutes into the forest when a pair of vine spirits attack you. 
“Pegasus” Elise says. You look over and see a pleased smile on her face.
Your about to pull out fire spirit when you remember that your burning pillar is still recharging. Instead you summon ash eater which rushes for the first vine spirit. The spirit attacks (which is more like a spike explosion rather than an attack) and kills your ash eater and the other spirit with a token falling out of it. The Pegasus (which appears unharmed) charges the vine spirit and kills it. Another token falls out of it. 

You only now realize that you are at an intersection. 
“the vine spirits can only be summoned from a creature dying as a result of a spell. I don’t understand how it could get here” Elise says, with a confused look.
You see a shadow escape off the left path. 
“that must be him”you say determinedly 
“who?”
“the one who summoned the vine spirits” 
You pull out the map. “damn it’s the other way to where we want to go”

A) follow the possible summoner
B) continue to the town

Jackson
Spells-fire bolt
Creatures- ash eater (cooldown), fire spirit

Elise
Permanents- light pillar
Spells- holy light
Creatures- guardian angle, Pegasus

Flag Post

Since they haven’t got the tokens yet, I guess everyone can choose what the cards will be. Just try not to make them OP and don’t forget that I’m looking for ideas on Ideas for elements so post there as well if you can. With the picture of the card, I’ll post that soon.

Flag Post

Searing Pact seems nice:
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,40138.0.html

Sanctuary seems like a useful card to have

The problem with ideas is that they are OP or UP
10 Fire: Destroy target creature UP
20 Fire: Win the game OP

I’m not sure about balance, but heres a versatile idea we could use:

It’s kinda sad we haven’t gottten seraph.

We could use a wind or 2nd fire pillar.

A shard of readiness can be used as a 2nd pillar, if we can get time.

Quintessence can be useful, since the fire spirit will become a glass cannon soon 849379872389488756|2

Since we have fire bolt, it’s natural to get fahrenhiet

Flag Post

For the sake of readability, double post. I’d go to the town. We need to get more power to fight the summoner, we can also use the time to grow our fire spirit.

Flag Post

Make your own cards if you’re feeling like it > Elements Card Image Builder.

I pick A) follow the possible summone, Lets find out why he’s trying to attack us.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qazzaq123:

Make your own cards if you’re feeling like it > Elements Card Image Builder.

I made destroy myself. Since we don’t have many cards, i decided that the versatile destroy is going to be useful