Forums Elements

Drifting (A fanfiction by DarkFeelingWolf/Cloud_Jumper/C hangelingDash (Same Person))

45 posts

Flag Post

/)—|Chapter 1|—(\

Vihn was at home, sleeping off the day, when a loud knock shook his door.

“Ugh… What do you want Karen?”

“I wanna battle! Like we used to!”

“You do realize I’ll just win, right?” Vihn replies, since he is the best in the village.

“Yeah yeah. That’s what you said last time.”

“Fine…”

Vihn gets up and opens his door. Behind it stands what anyone else would think is an attractive young woman, but Vihn doesn’t care. Karen’s a good friend and that’s all he cares about. Well, yeah she’s a little insane at times. But that’s why long periods of time with her are funny.

/)—|Combat 1 | Vihn vs. Karen|—(\

“You can have the first move, Karen.”

“Alright! I’ll start with a Dagger, that’s it.”

“Okay then. I’ll bring out my Schrodinger’s Cat and attack!”

A rather pink cat appears next to Vihn and leaps at Karen

Karen: 9

“Fine then. Vulture! And now I’ll attack your pesky cat.”

Karen throws her dagger at the creature and the cat splits in two, but Karen’s Vulture gets stronger.

Vihn: 8

Vihn then plays a vulture of his own, a staff appearing in his hand. He throws the staff like a javelin, impaling Karen’s vulture, making his own stronger.

“Now for my Cat’s effect!”

The cat shimmers again and Vihn’s Vulture becomes stronger

Vihn: 7

“Attack!”

Karen: 6

“That’s it for this round. My Staff’s effect.” Vihn states, holding his staff in the air as it glows.

Vihn: 8

“Fine, if that’s the way you wanna play. I’ll play my two Boneyards and put out another Vulture.”

Two piles of bones appear next to Karen and two bones float up and smack her before returning to their original place

Karen: 4

“Karen. You know you won’t beat me. I’ll activate my Cat’s effect.”

Both Vultures grow stronger, but two Skeletons assemble themselves from the piles of bones and appear on Karen’s field. Vihn then throws his staff at Karen’s Vulture, causing two more Skeletons to appear, but making his vulture stronger. Vihn then attacks, his cat not being killed, and still killing the Skeleton it attacked

Karen: 2

Vihn: 6

“Ugh… And now you get your life back with your staff…”

“Alright, I’ll do this…”

Karen throws her dagger at Vihn’s cat to give her some skeletons and deal damage then attacks with all 4 of her skeletons, knowing she’d lose anyway.

Vihn: 1

“Nice play, but you can’t attack with your new skeletons, and my Vulture’s much stronger. This is game, Karen. Attack!”

Karen:-3

/)—|Combat End | Winner: Vihn|—(\

“That was a nice fight, Karen. But I win as usual. We’ll skip on the traditional rule as always.”

“Thanks. I’m actually pretty hungry. How about I buy you something?”

“Sounds good to me… But I kinda need to get home…”

/)—|Chapter End | Choice|—(\

New cards seen:
Druidic Staff: Equip. Power: 2. Heal 1 at the end of each of your turns.
Schrodinger’s Cat: Monster. Power: 1. Whenever this card would be destroyed, lose 1 life, and it is not. Death effects are still activated. You can trigger death effects by sacrificing 1 life during your turn.
Vulture: Monster. Power: 0. Every time a monster dies, this card gains 1 power. Max: 6
Skeleton: Monster. Power: 1. Can only be spawned as a result of Boneyard.
Boneyard: Passive. Deal 1 damage to the owner when played. Generates 1 Skeleton each time a monster dies.
Dagger: Equip. Power: 2.

Should Vihn…
A) Go to the cafe with Karen
B) Go home

Flag Post

Feedback would be appreciated, and character requests are welcome

Flag Post

I’m back, people! HOORAH

Flag Post

Le bump. I need to get my new story seen (I’m also DFW)

Flag Post

…What happened? I used to be popular…

Flag Post

you bumped after less than 30 mins?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MansW1:

I used to be famous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ChangelingDash:

I used to be famous.

Not that, but do you realize NO ONE was on elements forums in 3 hours?

Flag Post

I like the way the battles are set up, more like the game than the other fanfics, but Mansw1 is right way too soon to be bumping. I say B.

Flag Post

Thank you. I just realised I forgot some things at the end of the chapter though.
Time to head back to Cloud_Jumper and edit that in >.<

Flag Post

Here’s the character application form.

Name:
Attitude:
Favorite type:

Flag Post

Mans
d100, rand it plz
Cards: Spark, vulture, vulture, vultre, vulture
Attitude: strategic
Type: Time :P
Strategy: Summons spark and 4 vultures same turn, spark first, and commands them to attack other creatures

Flag Post

Mans
d100, rand it plz
Strategy: Summons spark and 4 vultures same turn, spark first, and commands them to attack other creatures

It doesn’t work that way. You can’t just summon everything in one turn. You can play one monster per turn, two passives, and one equip.

Flag Post

Name- Nathan
Age- Same as Vihn
Attitude- adventurous, curious
Cards- horned frog, adrenalin, mitosis, empathic bond, emerald shield
Type- life
Strategy- plays horned frog then mitosis on it. Next turn, uses mitosis and plays adrenaline on the other horned frog. Uses shield and bond if health is low

Maybe put him later in the story and have him on an adventure to find a shard or something. Oh and I choose B.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cloud_Jumper:

Mans
d100, rand it plz

It doesn’t work that way. You can’t just summon everything in one turn. You can play one monster per turn, two passives, and one equip.

whats a passive?

Flag Post

/)—|Sub-chapter 1|—(\

Vihn refuses Karen’s offer and begins the walk home.When he gets to the door he thinks he sees someone enter the forest nearby, but he didn’t get a good look.He enters his home and finds a card lying on his bed. He has no idea what it is, but he pockets it.

/)—|Sub-chapter end|—(\

New cards found:
Shard of Serendipity: Instant. One random card you own is immediatly played, ignoring play limits. Shard ranking: Last

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cloud_Jumper:

Mans
d100, rand it plz

whats a passive?

A passive is a permanent in the actual game.

Flag Post

How about spells?

Flag Post

How about spells?

spells are Instant, there is no limit to how many of those you can play. Potions count as Passive.

Flag Post

Phase Dragon, SoFo, GPull, Sundial, Silence.
Strat:
T1:SoFo, Sundial, Silence
T2:Dragon
T3:GPull
Remember that SoFo can gain 0|15 without accreting a perm (cancel button)

Flag Post

Phase Dragon, SoFo, GPull, Sundial, Silence.
Strat:
T1:SoFo, Sundial, Silence
T2:Dragon
T3:GPull
Remember that SoFo can gain 0|15 without accreting a perm (cancel button)

Where do you get off thinking you can get a shard right off the bat?
EDIT: Besides, I get to decide who gets what.

Flag Post

Fine. Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon. C’mon, give me more specific guidelines.

Flag Post

Fine. Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon, Phase dragon. C’mon, give me more specific guidelines.

Fine here’s your guidelines.
No more than 5 cards to start with, none of which can be shards, if you choose to have a dragon or a rare weapon your max is 3. You cannot have more than one dragon/rare weapon or one of each. The original attack power and defence of a monster does not matter, as I will balance it in guidelines to the abilities regularly.

Flag Post

No more than 5 cards to start with, none of which can be shards, if you choose to have a dragon or a rare weapon your max is 3. You cannot have more than one dragon/rare weapon or one of each. The original attack power and defence of a monster does not matter, as I will balance it in guidelines to the abilities regularly.

Do the dragons have stats as normal in return for being 3 cards? For example, is phase dragon still 8|6 immaterial?

Flag Post

Do the dragons have stats as normal in return for being 3 cards? For example, is phase dragon still 8|6 immaterial?

How many times do I have to explain that the card’s orginal stats don’t matter? 8|6 means NOTHING.