General Suggestions Thread

91 posts

Flag Post

This is a thread for posting any general suggestions for the game, whether they are likely to be implemented or not. However, please do not put new tower suggestions here as there is already a thread for that ;)
Towers suggestion thread
-
Here are mine:
-
-
Suggestion 1: I think that once you upgrade spike factories to x/3 ( the S.H.R.E.D.R. upgrade), they should gain targeting options: “All” and “M.O.A.B.”. The All targeting wouldn’t change anything, and the M.O.A.B. targeting option would cause the spikes to only affect M.O.A.B.s, with all bloons ceramic and down passing over the spikes and not affecting them. This way x/3 spike factories could actually be used to pop M.O.A.B.s, because right now they can pop 1 M.O.A.B., but then all the bloons coming out of the M.O.A.B. and any bloons coming at the same time as the M.O.A.B.s just use up all the spikes and then any more M.O.A.B.s just move right on by. It would also give us the first ever tower that is a “pure” anti-MOAB tower. All the rest are still useful against regular bloons.
tl;dr Moab-shredder spike upgrade should give them a targeting option for the spikes to only affect M.O.A.B.s (everything else passes over them) to make them more useful ;)
-
Suggestion 2: I think that two new “Specialty Buildings” should be added. Yes, you guessed it, one for the banana plantation and one for the monkey village. They would be like this:
Bananas Inc.
| Reduces the cost of banana plantations and their upgrades by 5%
|| Increases life span of bananas by 10%
OR
|| Increases number of bananas/money produced per round by 10%
|||Bananas collect themselves (love this one :D) ((it makes the banks collect when full))
X Increases cost of monkey village and its upgrades by 5%
Monkey Villagers Association
|Reduces the cost of monkey villages and their upgrades by 5%
|| Increases the range of the monkey village by 10%
||| Monkey Village becomes capable of being upgraded to 3/3, 4/3 & 3/4 (still working on this one)
X Increases the cost of banana plantation and its upgrades by 5%
And they would cost about $1000 for the first two upgrades, $1500 or $2000 for the last.

Flag Post

Special mission ideas:

Magic vs Technology

Wizard lord and Techno Terror time!Pass 30 custom round on Drag Strip with a twist:Wizard lord can only eat Apperantice and TT only eats Super monkey!

Starting cash:4550
Round:Wizard lord round
Track:Drag strip
Reward:700 MM
Tower available:Apperantice and Super monkey
Max per tower:Infinite

Start with Wizard lord and Techno Terror near middle

Flag Post

Game mode ideas:

Sudden death

Start with only 1 live!How long can you survive?

Special mission ideas:

Ninja grandmaster

The 4/4 Ninja wants to test your abilities on the famous snake river.Like Wizard lord,he eats the most expensive tower.Unlike wizard lord,he eats your tower every round!.Pass 15 costum round of gruelling bloons.

Starting cash:4000
Round:

1:65 Blue
2:35 Pink
3:50 Camo Yellow,4 Regen Lead
4:5 Camo Black,10 Camo White,15 Camo Zebra
5:20 Black,2 Ceramic
6:100 Zebra
7:10 Regen rainbow
8:20 Zebra,10 Rainbow
9:5 Ceramic,10 Regen Zebra
10:5 Camo Ceramic
11:100 Regen Pink,100 Regen Yellow,50 Regen Black
12:20 Camo Lead,20 Regen Lead,20 Camo Regen lead
13:40 Rainbow,40 Camo Zebra
14:5 MOAB,1 BFB
15:400 Camo Regen lead,2 BFB,2 MOAB

Track:Snake River
Reward:600 MM
Tower available:All

Start with Ninja grandmaster near middle

Ninja grandmaster ability:Super sabotage supply lines ability:Stuns all bloons in game for 5 seconds.New bloons come with quarter speed

Flag Post

Suggestion from me: Deflation should have an Apopalypse option. I spend all my money until I have no more to spend on monkeys… it would be nice to not have to click through when I’m not going to change anything…

Flag Post
Originally posted by DavidsMe:

This is a thread for posting any general suggestions for the game, whether they are likely to be implemented or not. However, please do not put new tower suggestions here as there is already a thread for that ;)
Towers suggestion thread
-
Here are mine:
-
-
Suggestion 1: I think that the moab shredder spikes from the spike factory should only pop moabs, and other balloons should pass right over them. As it is, they are only useful whatsoever if there is only one moab/bfb/etc., because if once they pop the moab, they get uselessly used up by all the ceramic balloons etc. It would be nice, because it would finally give us a pure anti-moab tower. First of all that would be nice for those of us who complete a set-up that can take more or less any amount of ceramics and down, but can’t deal with moabs. It would also just look better I think, than a huge wall of moab maulers which demolish everything, moab or not ;) I would much prefer a set-up of say, some pure anti-moab towers, if there were any (in this case, moab-shredder spikes :D), along with some glue, viral frost, cluster bombs, mortars, tornado wizards, etc. to deal with all of the ceramics and down.
tl;dr Moab-shredder spike upgrade should only pop moabs (everything else passes over them) to make them useful ;)
-
Suggestion 2: I think that two new “Specialty Buildings” should be added. Yes, you guessed it, one for the banana plantation and one for the monkey village. They would be like this:
Bananas Inc.
OR
|||Bananas collect themselves (love this one :D)
|Reduces the cost of banana plantation and their upgrades by 5%
||| Monkey Village becomes capable of being upgraded to 3/3, 4/3 & 3/4 (still working on this one)
And they would cost about $1000 for the first two upgrades, $1500 or $2000 for the last.

I Really don’t like your first suggestion. that’d ruin several strategies involving S.H.R.E.D.Rs, and it’d render the spike factory useless.

Flag Post

Game Mode ideas:

Expert

Towers cost even more than on hard, bloons move even faster, and you have 50 lives.

Special Mission ideas:

Mission: Chimpossible

Beat switch on hard with a twist: All bloons except MOAB class bloons are lead, and you can only use monkeys!

Glue Master

The amazingly awesome 4/4 Glue Master is here! He devours your most expensive tower every round, but having him on your side is worth it! Can you survive rounds 50-80?

Glue Master stats & abilities:

Super Glue Strike: Glues every bloon on screen, including MOAB class bloons and camo bloons.

Poppage per sec: Same as Bloon liquefier.

Firing Speed: Same as Glue Hose.

Bloons splattered per shot: Same as a x/2 Glue Gunner.

Special: Can shoot MOAB class bloons!

Flag Post

Game mode ideas:

Last Stand

Towers cost as much as on easy, bloons move as fast as on hard, you start with $5000, and all bloons are 3 ranks higher. Also, banana farms are disabled, and only MOAB class bloons give you money for popping them, but you gain $250 at the end of every round. MOABs give you $400, BFBs give $1500, and ZOMGs give $6000.

Strong Blimps

MOAB class bloons have twice as much health. This is a selectable box just like reverse mode, and when it’s checked, the mode you play will give 1.5 times as much monkey money(rounded up) as normal.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gubump:

Game mode ideas:

Last Stand

Towers cost as much as on easy, bloons move as fast as on hard, you start with $5000, and all bloons are 3 ranks higher. Also, banana farms are disabled, and only MOAB class bloons give you money for popping them, but you gain $250 at the end of every round. MOABs give you $400, BFBs give $1500, and ZOMGs give $6000.

Strong Blimps

MOAB class bloons have twice as much health. This is a selectable box just like reverse mode, and when it’s checked, the mode you play will give 1.5 times as much monkey money(rounded up) as normal.

Last stand seems interesting, although kinda random, and probably more suited to a DC than a full-on game mode. Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to say the second was is pretty much bunk… I guess it’s a decent idea to be able to turn on something that makes MOAB class bloons harder, but the 1.5 times monkey money for it? A definite no there… it’s far too much of a bonus, and it would also kinda screw over the people who had already beaten a lot of tracks without having used this “1.5 times MM multiplier”…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thepenguinking2:

Towers suggestion thread
-
Here are mine:
-
-
Suggestion 1: I think that the moab shredder spikes from the spike factory should only pop moabs, and other balloons should pass right over them. As it is, they are only useful whatsoever if there is only one moab/bfb/etc., because if once they pop the moab, they get uselessly used up by all the ceramic balloons etc. It would be nice, because it would finally give us a pure anti-moab tower. First of all that would be nice for those of us who complete a set-up that can take more or less any amount of ceramics and down, but can’t deal with moabs. It would also just look better I think, than a huge wall of moab maulers which demolish everything, moab or not ;) I would much prefer a set-up of say, some pure anti-moab towers, if there were any (in this case, moab-shredder spikes :D), along with some glue, viral frost, cluster bombs, mortars, tornado wizards, etc. to deal with all of the ceramics and down.
tl;dr Moab-shredder spike upgrade should only pop moabs (everything else passes over them) to make them useful ;)
-
Bananas Inc.
OR

I Really don’t like your first suggestion. that’d ruin several strategies involving S.H.R.E.D.Rs, and it’d render the spike factory useless.

Interesting… what strategies would you possibly use a 2/3 spike factory for, that it wouldn’t be better to use a 3-4/2 and some towers that pop MOABs? Also, it would in no way make spike factories useless, it would only affect the x/3 spike factory.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

Game mode ideas:

Sudden death

Start with only 1 live!How long can you survive?

Special mission ideas:

Ninja grandmaster

The 4/4 Ninja wants to test your abilities on the famous snake river.Like Wizard lord,he eats the most expensive tower.Unlike wizard lord,he eats your tower every round!.Pass 15 costum round of gruelling bloons.

Starting cash:4000
Round:

1:65 Blue
2:35 Pink
3:50 Camo Yellow,4 Regen Lead
4:5 Camo Black,10 Camo White,15 Camo Zebra
5:20 Black,2 Ceramic
6:100 Zebra
7:10 Regen rainbow
8:20 Zebra,10 Rainbow
9:5 Ceramic,10 Regen Zebra
10:5 Camo Ceramic
11:100 Regen Pink,100 Regen Yellow,50 Regen Black
12:20 Camo Lead,20 Regen Lead,20 Camo Regen lead
13:40 Rainbow,40 Camo Zebra
14:5 MOAB,1 BFB
15:400 Camo Regen lead,2 BFB,2 MOAB

Track:Snake River
Reward:600 MM
Tower available:All

Start with Ninja grandmaster near middle

Ninja grandmaster ability:Super sabotage supply lines ability:Stuns all bloons in game for 5 seconds.New bloons come with quarter speed

I like the sudden death mode… although, it should also have no saves allowed ;) However, all of the “Wizard Lord clones” in this thread… meh. They’re just ripoffs of a mission that already exists.

Flag Post

Game Mode ideas:

Expert

Towers cost even more than on hard, bloons move even faster, and you have 50 lives.

Special Mission ideas:

Mission: Chimpossible

Beat switch on hard with a twist: All bloons except MOAB class bloons are lead, and you can only use monkeys!

Glue Master

The amazingly awesome 4/4 Glue Master is here! He devours your most expensive tower every round, but having him on your side is worth it! Can you survive rounds 50-80?

Glue Master stats & abilities:

Super Glue Strike: Glues every bloon on screen, including MOAB class bloons and camo bloons.

Poppage per sec: Same as Bloon liquefier.

Firing Speed: Same as Glue Hose.

Bloons splattered per shot: Same as a x/2 Glue Gunner.

Special: Can shoot MOAB class bloons!

I kinda like the expert mode… although, if it follows the pattern of more MM for harder difficulty, then it would essentially cause a huge inflow of extra MM into the game, as everyone competent in this game gets all of the beginner tracks, most if not all of the intermediate tracks and some if not all (eventually) of the advanced tracks on expert. Seems like a good idea though, it would also add some instant replayability (and some more presumably platinum? medals).
As to the Glue master, as I said earlier, I don’t think any of the Wizard Lord ripoffs CAN really be a good suggestion, though chimpossible seems like a very interesting DC.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thepenguinking2:

Towers suggestion thread
-
Here are mine:
-
-
-
Bananas Inc.
OR

Interesting… what strategies would you possibly use a 2/3 spike factory for, that it wouldn’t be better to use a 3-4/2 and some towers that pop MOABs? Also, it would in no way make spike factories useless, it would only affect the x/3 spike factory.

I guess I must have typoed. I meant that it would render x/3 and x/4 spike factories useless.

Flag Post

I guess I must have typoed. I meant that it would render x/3 and x/4 spike factories useless.

So, I’m curious, what exactly do you use x/3 and x/4 spike factories for…? Because all they are useful for as far as I can tell is popping exactly 1 MOAB/BFB/ZOMG. 3/x and 4/x are much more useful as an “end of track protection” than x/3 and x/4. Also, I’m not suggesting that the special move from x/4 could only pop MOAB class, only that the laid down spikes from x/3 and x/4 could only pop MOABs. Maybe you could have an option? Like the targeting. Yeah, I think that the spike factory should have a targeting option once you upgrade it to x/3 and x/4. There would be 2 options: “All” and “MOAB”. I’m editing my original post, this way everyone’s happy :D.

Flag Post

So, I’m curious, what exactly do you use x/3 and x/4 spike factories for…? Because all they are useful for as far as I can tell is popping exactly 1 MOAB/BFB/ZOMG. 3/x and 4/x are much more useful as an “end of track protection” than x/3 and x/4. Also, I’m not suggesting that the special move from x/4 could only pop MOAB class, only that the laid down spikes from x/3 and x/4 could only pop MOABs. Maybe you could have an option? Like the targeting. Yeah, I think that the spike factory should have a targeting option once you upgrade it to x/3 and x/4. There would be 2 options: “All” and “MOAB”. I’m editing my original post, this way everyone’s happy :D.

Well, I only use x/3 and x/4 spike factories for special missions that ban 3/x spike factories. And your targeting options idea is MUCH better.

Flag Post

Well, I only use x/3 and x/4 spike factories for special missions that ban 3/x spike factories. And your targeting options idea is MUCH better.

Yeah, it is… the other idea was pretty lame. But I love the idea of being able to target only M.O.A.B.s with them…

Flag Post

Here’s a suggestion that I think everyone will agree with… the new reverse medals for beating a track on reverse should change depending on the difficulty you beat it on, while playing in reverse mode.

So, it should be a bronze medal with the reverse symbol on it if you beat in in reverse on easy mode, silver for medium and gold for hard. The way it currently is, you just beat it on easy in reverse to get the medal :(

Also, you should get SOME amount of Monkey Money for beating it on reverse… maybe 2x/2.5/3x the already been beaten value for beating it on reverse? (only for the first time you beat it on reverse of course)

Flag Post

Here’s a suggestion that I think everyone will agree with… the new reverse medals for beating a track on reverse should change depending on the difficulty you beat it on, while playing in reverse mode.

So, it should be a bronze medal with the reverse symbol on it if you beat in in reverse on easy mode, silver for medium and gold for hard. The way it currently is, you just beat it on easy in reverse to get the medal :(

Also, you should get SOME amount of Monkey Money for beating it on reverse… maybe 2x/2.5/3x the already been beaten value for beating it on reverse? (only for the first time you beat it on reverse of course)

Well, I agree with it, at least.

Flag Post

I like David’s idea on MOAB targeting spike factories a lot! Definitely something that should be strongly considered for BTD6 or an update to this version :)

Anyway, one quick suggestion I have now is to allow us to have any SA’s back that were placed since the last game save. Not only for figuring out the best strategies to use them, but I’ve actually put down agents in the wrong spot by mistake (heh… butterfingers!), and it’s really a shame that I can’t just go back to the menu without saving, return to that game’s last save point, and try again.

[Edit]: I almost forgot! PLEASE add a pause menu with an option to reference Tower paths & Bloon types (e.g. the Encyclopedia in Kingdom Rush ) during a game. I realize that eventually you will have that information memorized, but it takes a while to get to that point, and having an at-a-glance guide to refer to would make that transition so much smoother.

Flag Post

I think that this game needs to have a pause option, because it’s REALLY annoying that you can’t pause! And it’s especially annoying if I have to do a chore or something in the middle of an apopalypse level!

Flag Post

Double trouble mode

Bloons come from both the start and the exit!Can you survive?

Tutorial mode

Learn to play,learn to unlock other mode.Round 1-10.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

Double trouble mode

Bloons come from both the start and the exit!Can you survive?

Tutorial mode

Learn to play,learn to unlock other mode.Round 1-10.

I like the sound of the double trouble… maybe, to make it a bit harder, have the full amount of bloons from each side. It would still give you extra money, so not really too much harder in the long run, mostly in the beginning and that way it reduces the randomness.

Flag Post

idk anything about bloons TD 1-4 but i guess they had difrent tracks, maybe they could be included for fun and nostalgia, maybe they could be solf for monkey money and offer small monkey money rewards when you beat them (enough to refund the price or something)

Flag Post

A game mode suggestion: Inflation Mode!(Unlocked at round 39 like deflation).

Start with $40,000, but the only money you get is the checks awarded at the end of each round(checks will give 3x the money though). Start at round 30, and no Farms or X/4 snipers.

Also, I suggest an ingame achievements system, but that will be on another thread.

Flag Post

MOAB class mode
all bloons are MOAB class bloons and up. start with 200000 cash(200k)
red=MOAB
blue until zebra=MOAB
zebra until normal MOAB=BFB
BFB and ZOMG=ZOMG
rounds 1-85

Intense mode
towers cost 50% more,bloons move 100% as quick,MOAB and up get 25% more power,25 lives,double RBE

Flag Post
Originally posted by reddertje:

MOAB class mode
all bloons are MOAB class bloons and up. start with 200000 cash(200k)
red=MOAB
blue until zebra=MOAB
zebra until normal MOAB=BFB
BFB and ZOMG=ZOMG
rounds 1-85

Intense mode
towers cost 50% more,bloons move 100% as quick,MOAB and up get 25% more power,25 lives,double RBE

mode for first thing?