Pro Tips/Newbie Guide page 4

112 posts

Flag Post

Others seem to have posted this too, but I am pretty sure that the “Perfect Temple” pic you submitted is only good for Easy or Medium modes. On HARD towers cost more, so you can get away with fewer upgrades. The dollar amounts (what is needed) are fine, it’s just the upgrades that are off.

Flag Post

I guess I’ll add some of my favorite towers while I’m at it too. Obviously, I love sniper monkeys and their special building (lol @ 10% more MOAB stop). The discount is sweet if you’re making 2/4 for cash too. If a 4/2 sniper pops a MOAB, the MOAB doesn’t drop ceramics, it drops a bunch of easy bloons (like red/blue/w.e).

Glaive Lord got nerfed, but I still love him. The Glaive used to be able to pop 10,000 bloons, but it now maxes out at 12. I believe the Glaive Ricochet can still pop up to 10,000 bloons. He can defeat crazy numbers of bloons with the 3/x ice tower ability. If you set up a 4/2 glaive and 4/2 ice tower right, you’ll need MOAB and greater to break him.

I think other peeps talked about the other towers I like. Snipers ftw!

Flag Post

I’m definitely keeping my Monkey Villages at 3/2 instead of 4/2. Just one 4/2 village lagged me more than 8 temples + maybe 50 sniper monkeys shooting all at once. I have 1/8th the lag now without it…

Flag Post
Originally posted by hotchkiss1987:

I do not know if this changed, but “Cripple MOAB” (4/x sniper) stacked. More 4/2 snipers hitting a MOAB meant it’d be frozen for longer. I’ll try this in sandbox later, but right now I’m in an apop I don’t want to leave yet.

Also, using different speeds for your sniper monkeys in addition to targeting might be a good idea. A 4/2 sniper fires faster than a 4/0, so you’ll stagger the stuns if you set some on 4/0 and 4/2. You can add to this effect by leaving some under a village with jungle drums (15% attack speed) too.

Some people seem hellbent on building as many temples as they can, but this may not always be an optimal strategy. Mixing in support can greatly increase the effectiveness of your temples. For instance, seven temples in range of 4/2 monkey villages is arguably better than 8 temples. 7*1.15= 8.05, so it’s like you’re gaining 1.05 temples by the increase in attack speed alone. (That’s if the temples were done with a 0/4 super monkey sac, and not a village… the effects do not stack). Each village can solo a BFB, and adds range to your temples too… so some that might not have been hitting for seconds are. It will also allow you to squeeze in some support towers, like sniper monkeys, Tech Terrors (for ability + reduced cooldown), x/4 mortars, etc, etc.

Originally posted by hotchkiss1987:

Many people seem to be underestimating the power of a Monkey Village. I think you should change or add a section on the “perfect temple”. It is not a perfect temple without a Village. This can be done by substituting the 0/4 super monkey with a 4/1 village and 2/1 super monkey.

The village adds +15% attack speed, +1 piece to all attacks, and range. Once temples have been built with a village sacrificed, you can build them with a 0/4 monkey with villages as support.

The last upgrade of the village on the left path (4/x) is a 20% reduction on cooldown, so usually you’ll see someone group those w/sniper monkey. This means more cash faster. Unfortunately, the energy beam from 4/x can generate a lot of lag, so going 3/2 might end up better in freeplay (once you’ve built enough of everything else).

You know, the problem with building a 1/4 MV (Or even a 1/ MV for that matter) will increase the range of you SM that is being turned into a Perfect Temple? So, if I’m squeezing in Perfects, I can’t have the SM’s range increased, or I won’t be able to fit the max number of Perfect Temples in.

I agree with you were you say it is better to have all your Perfect Temples in range of a 4/2 MV rather then one extra Perfect Temple, but some times, its better to neglect the MV’s till you fit as many Perfect Temples in as possible. Sometimes, just adding a single MV might cut your amount of Perfect Temples down 2 (Sometimes lol).

Flag Post

-Careful,leads can’t be blown back with whirlwind nor tempest tornado.
-Bombs can pop lead but not black and zebra
-Ice can freeze black and lead but not white and zebra
-Like stated above,a good strategy is to have a 2/0 Ice to snap the Lead while using 2/0 bombs for blacks,zebras and white bloons.
-If you can’t manage to pop leads on round 28,better to get some anti lead tower before round 30 because round 30 is 207 RBE which means instant death.
-There’s a secret for the mortar:Somehow,you can drag the target drops if you know the right way.
-A beekeeper can’t pop lead even in pro version.
-A pro beekeeper will gain increased attack speed
-Watch out!A bloonsday device don’t shoot,instead you need to active its ability.

BTD5 Deluxe

-Pro Watermelon spitter is a very good agent since it shoots super duper fast and every second shot is a whole full uneaten watermelon.
-A Monkey farmer is good for collecting those bananas.
-Its recommended to use a SMS on round 24 direct assault since 500 LEAD BLOON WILL APPEAR IN 10 ROWS!(50 Lead in 1 row,not 500 leads in 1 row,LOL)
-A good strategy on Direct assault is to upgrade dartling and spike.
-Sniper and mortar should also be upgraded if you feel you have too many moneys.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

-Careful,leads can’t be blown back with whirlwind nor tempest tornado.
-Bombs can pop lead but not black and zebra
-Ice can freeze black and lead but not white and zebra
-Like stated above,a good strategy is to have a 2/0 Ice to snap the Lead while using 2/0 bombs for blacks,zebras and white bloons.
-If you can’t manage to pop leads on round 28,better to get some anti lead tower before round 30 because round 30 is 207 RBE which means instant death.
-There’s a secret for the mortar:Somehow,you can drag the target drops if you know the right way.
-A beekeeper can’t pop lead even in pro version.
-A pro beekeeper will gain increased attack speed
-Watch out!A bloonsday device don’t shoot,instead you need to active its ability.

BTD5 Deluxe

-Pro Watermelon spitter is a very good agent since it shoots super duper fast and every second shot is a whole full uneaten watermelon.
-A Monkey farmer is good for collecting those bananas.
-Its recommended to use a SMS on round 24 direct assault since 500 LEAD BLOON WILL APPEAR IN 10 ROWS!(50 Lead in 1 row,not 500 leads in 1 row,LOL)
-A good strategy on Direct assault is to upgrade dartling and spike.
-Sniper and mortar should also be upgraded if you feel you have too many moneys.

ummm, yes tornado definately blows leads back… how? easily, lightning will pop them first then the tornado will blows em away.
bomb towers will pop black and zebra 3 different ways, the frags from a 2/x can pop em also the stun from a 4/x and finally the specialty building tier 3
mortar tower trick is simple, select the mortar tower then click and drag the target and the bombs will follow wherever you drag

Flag Post

Hey guys,any good ways to beat castle on hard.I don’t want walkthroughs just Strategy . Thanks :) . I can beat hard on almost advanced track on hard but the expert tracks are giving me some Trouble .

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helius250:

Hey guys,any good ways to beat castle on hard.I don’t want walkthroughs just Strategy . Thanks :) . I can beat hard on almost advanced track on hard but the expert tracks are giving me some Trouble .

Playing it on Reverse while using Dart Monkeys as starters to get early farms (And pairing them with the Dart SB if you can) is a good way to beat it. Then you can choose to use 1/1 Snipers/2/1 Bomb Towers to bust leads, and then use 4/2 Aces/4/2 SFs as your main hitters from 45+ on. (SFs might be a better choice on Castle, btw, but its up to you; you can test both.)

Flag Post

A common strategy to beat Castle is using Spike factory in the early rounds; playing hard mode, you need to start with one dart monkey 0/0 and after round 2 you can buy one spactory (sell the dart 0/0) and place it in the end of the map. Then, start to farm asap and use your hard-mode strategy to beat the map. It’s not a big deal, if you know how to farm and which tower to use / don’t use. Particularly in this map, the Monkey Aces 4/2 work pretty well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gust4v3:

A common strategy to beat Castle is using Spike factory in the early rounds; playing hard mode, you need to start with one dart monkey 0/0 and after round 2 you can buy one spactory (sell the dart 0/0) and place it in the end of the map. Then, start to farm asap and use your hard-mode strategy to beat the map. It’s not a big deal, if you know how to farm and which tower to use / don’t use. Particularly in this map, the Monkey Aces 4/2 work pretty well.

Ok thanks,I can get to level 35 but a bit after that I always lose . Because of camo,lead,or just because my towers are not good enough yet :P

Flag Post

Farm. Lots.

Flag Post

I used both ideas and it was epic. Well I got a ton of money each round,BUT i was behind so,so,so much that it did not really matter what I bought so I got up to level 50.I think I just have to learn when to stop saving up XD

Flag Post

SUBJECT CHANGE:

Towers that can pop frozen bloons:

Tack Shooter 4/X
Sniper Monkey 1/X
Boomerang Thrower X/1
Ninja Monkey X/3
Bomb Tower X/X
Glue Gunner 2/X
Monkey Buccaneer X/3
Monkey Ace 4/X OR X/1
Super Monkey 1/X OR X/4
Monkey Apprentice X/X
Monkey Village 4/X
Mortar Tower X/X
Dartling Gun 3/X
Spike Factory 2/X

Towers that can pop lead bloons:

Dart Monkey 4/X
Tack Shooter 4/X
Sniper Monkey 1/X
Boomerang Thrower X/2
Ninja Monkey X/3
Bomb Tower X/X
Ice Tower 2/X
Glue Gunner 2/X
Monkey Buccaneer X/3
Monkey Ace 4/X OR X/1
Super Monkey 2/X OR X/4
Monkey Apprentice X/X
Mortar Tower X/X
Dartling Gun X/2
Spike Factory 2/X

Hope this helps!

Flag Post

You could also had towers that pop camos, it might help the new players out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PSI232:

You could also had towers that pop camos, it might help the new players out.

Dart monkey: 2/x
Tack shooter: not possible
Sniper: x/2
Boomerang: 4/x
Ninja: it can see camos by default
Bomb: not possible; however the x/4 ability can target and pop camos.
Ice: not possible; however the x/4 ability can freeze camos, but not pop them.
Glue gunners: not possible; however the x/4 ability can glue camos, and if you have the 2/x upgrade, this ability can also pop the camos.
Buccanear: x/2 or default camo detection if you have the Buccanear’s special building level 3.
Monkey Ace: x/2
Super Monkey: 4/x or default camo detection if you have the SM’s special building level 3.
Apprentice: x/2
Village: 4/2 – the x/2 upgrade allows all towers within its radius to detect and pop camos.
Mortar: x/3
Dartling gun: it can pop camos by default
Spike factory: it can pop camos by default

Flag Post

I just have a question. Do Super Monkey upgrades 1/X and 2/X affect the Technological Terror’s firepower?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AndreiTan:

I just have a question. Do Super Monkey upgrades 1/X and 2/X affect the Technological Terror’s firepower?

Yes, they do. Super monkey 0/4 shoots 2 beams every frame with a pierce of 5; 1/4 pierce of 6; 2/4 pierce of 7.

Btw, Super monkey 0/3 shoots 2 beams every frame with a pierce of 3; 1/3 pierce of 4; 2/3 pierce of 5.

Flag Post

Towers that can pop all types of bloon(including MOAB class. – means that it’s not possible.):

Dart Monkey: 4/x OR 2/x with Slodey Darts

Tack Shooter: -

Sniper Monkey: 2/2 OR x/3

Boomerang Thrower: 4/x

Ninja Monkey: x/3

Bomb Tower: -

Ice Tower: -

Glue Gunner: -

Monkey Buccaneer: x/3 OR x/2 with Dreadnaught OR x/x with Dreadnaught and Specialty Building tier 3

Monkey Ace: x/2(pineapples pop lead)

Super Monkey: 4/x

Apprentice: x/2

Monkey Village: 4/2

Banana Farm: Doesn’t pop bloons.

Mortar Tower: x/2

Dartling Gun: x/2 OR 4/x

Spike Factory: 2/x

Deluxe Only

Monkey Engineer: 3/x

Bloonchipper: -

Flag Post
Originally posted by goodjosh:

SUBJECT CHANGE:

Towers that can pop frozen bloons:

Tack Shooter 4/X
Sniper Monkey 1/X
Boomerang Thrower X/1
Ninja Monkey X/3
Bomb Tower X/X
Glue Gunner 2/X
Monkey Buccaneer X/3
Monkey Ace 4/X OR X/1
Super Monkey 1/X OR X/4
Monkey Apprentice X/X
Monkey Village 4/X
Mortar Tower X/X
Dartling Gun 3/X
Spike Factory 2/X

Towers that can pop lead bloons:

Dart Monkey 4/X
Tack Shooter 4/X
Sniper Monkey 1/X
Boomerang Thrower X/2
Ninja Monkey X/3
Bomb Tower X/X
Ice Tower 2/X
Glue Gunner 2/X
Monkey Buccaneer X/3
Monkey Ace 4/X OR X/1
Super Monkey 2/X OR X/4
Monkey Apprentice X/X
Mortar Tower X/X
Dartling Gun X/2
Spike Factory 2/X

Hope this helps!

4/X dart can pop frozen bloons. Believe me, I just tested it two seconds ago.

Flag Post

-The 2 orbiting Glaive on the glaive lord are so powerful that they destroy leads.
-Short lived will award 200 money per round instead of 100
-A normal glue gunner will slow bloons to 50% speed.Glue Hose is 40% and Glue Striker is 30%!
-A 2/0 glue gunner can’t slow down Ceramic but can damage them
-A glue gunner won’t shoot glue to the bloons if the bloons is already glued.This makes it pretty annoying if you have a 3/0 glue gunner at the back of a 0/0 glue or 0/3 glue
-Glue hose will splat 12 bloons instead of 6.

BTD5 iOS

-Radactyl will retreat to its nest when it sees a lead bloon
-Support Chinook can be a good alternative since it can move towers and give money at the same time!
-A T4 Ice SB is extremely useful in Covert pops since it removes camo even the ice tower is 0/0!
-T4 SB for all towers is:

Dart monkey=Explosive dart
Tack shooters=Every tack is +1 pierce
Sniper=Every shot is +1 pierce
Boomerang=Double ranga
Bomb=(Activated ability)Doubles the range of the bomb tower
Ice=All ice tower detects and removes camo status!
Ninja=Shuriken last longer making Seeking Shuriken more useful
Glue=Glue slows bloon 15% more(Making normal glue gunner slows bloons to 35%,Glue Hose 25% and Glue Striker extremely slows bloon to 15% speed!I could be wrong)
SM=A dark secret from the TOTMG
Apprentice=Tiny tornadoes
Buccaneer=Dreadnought
Ace=Forward gunner now shoots all directions
Mortar=Auto aims
Dartling=All shots do +1 pierce
Spike=All spike/Spiked balls/Spiked mines pop 50% more

Flag Post

If you can(which you probably will be able to), try to use Sun Gods. For me, they actually make the game LESS laggy! This is good for rounds like 63 and 76(those rounds cause the most lag for me!).

Flag Post
Originally posted by myskybluecap:

-The 2 orbiting Glaive on the glaive lord are so powerful that they destroy leads.
-Short lived will award 200 money per round instead of 100
-A normal glue gunner will slow bloons to 50% speed.Glue Hose is 40% and Glue Striker is 30%!
-A 2/0 glue gunner can’t slow down Ceramic but can damage them
-A glue gunner won’t shoot glue to the bloons if the bloons is already glued.This makes it pretty annoying if you have a 3/0 glue gunner at the back of a 0/0 glue or 0/3 glue
-Glue hose will splat 12 bloons instead of 6.

BTD5 iOS

-Radactyl will retreat to its nest when it sees a lead bloon
-Support Chinook can be a good alternative since it can move towers and give money at the same time!
-A T4 Ice SB is extremely useful in Covert pops since it removes camo even the ice tower is 0/0!
-T4 SB for all towers is:

Dart monkey=Explosive dart
Tack shooters=Every tack is +1 pierce
Sniper=Every shot is +1 pierce
Boomerang=Double ranga
Bomb=(Activated ability)Doubles the range of the bomb tower
Ice=All ice tower detects and removes camo status!
Ninja=Shuriken last longer making Seeking Shuriken more useful
Glue=Glue slows bloon 15% more(Making normal glue gunner slows bloons to 35%,Glue Hose 25% and Glue Striker extremely slows bloon to 15% speed!I could be wrong)
SM=A dark secret from the TOTMG
Apprentice=Tiny tornadoes
Buccaneer=Dreadnought
Ace=Forward gunner now shoots all directions
Mortar=Auto aims
Dartling=All shots do +1 pierce
Spike=All spike/Spiked balls/Spiked mines pop 50% more

The dark secret is an ability: Attacks twice as fast for 10 seconds. (10k MM)

Originally posted by gubump:

If you can(which you probably will be able to), try to use Sun Gods. For me, they actually make the game LESS laggy! This is good for rounds like 63 and 76(those rounds cause the most lag for me!).

Less towers = Less lag

Flag Post

how to beat death valley/

Flag Post

-Apprentice can pop any type of bloon with the x/2 upgrade.
-Its not recommended to buy Special agents to beat a map except the Extreme one
-Actually Castle is harder than Main Street because of the 2 long path that never meet.
-If you planning to put a 3/x Ice Tower on Bloontonium lab its recommended to put it in the center of the map.
-Downstream is harder than death valley because of its multiple exit
-x/3 Sniper shots is so fast that it pops lead.
-In the lag if you have a x/4 Sniper,click on its ability and BAM!Super Supply Drop that drops cash as much as you click.

Upgrade that allows a tower to pop lead:

Dart Monkey:4/x or x/x with splodey darts
Tack Shooter:4/x
Sniper:1/x or x/3
Boomerang:4/x or x/2(Note:The Glaives that are rotating around the Glaive Lord is the only one that pop lead.I could be wrong)
Ninja:x/3
Bomb:x/x
Ice:2/x
Glue:2/x
Buccaneer:x/3 or x/x with Dreadnaught
Ace:x/1
SM:2/x
Apprentice:x/x
Village:4/x
Banana farm: -
Mortar:x/x
Dartling:x/2
Spike Factory:2/x
Engineer:3/x or x/3(Not sure) or x/x with SB level 3
Bloonchipper:2/x
Heli pilot:1/x?

Flag Post

-ALWAYS start with a dart monkey. Upgrade to 2/3
-You can get a 4/2 ninja which awesome for camo poppage.
-3/2 cluster bomb tower is pretty good to deal with bloons.
- Super Monkey is the easiest way to beat any difficulty.
- 2/3 Robo monkey with x/2 village is the greatest 2 towers you can have.
- Don’t rush to do all these. But better for you if you got 2/3 monkey with village before round 42.
- Done them all? Get a dartling gun, or upgrade village to 4/2 as they get super strong.
- If you got dartling gun upgrade it to rocket version.
Hope this might help to beat some maps. I’ve beaten Monkey Lane in all difficulties using this strategy