Recent posts in Wartune on Kongregate page 9

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Bugs post 3.1

Originally posted by jakec0626:

Server 11 us east is the server I play on. They checked wrong if they said its fine..

I’d like them to tell me what’s fine about this:
http://i.imgur.com/ttyLoNY.jpg

Flag Post

Server 11 us east is the server I play on. They checked wrong if they said its fine..

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / New Patch For Watune(Unofficial)

Originally posted by versi69:

you know how it is , they gotta earn much money before they relase something cheaper , then cheaper , then free uh :x but they know they cant just give casher full basket of items for holy cast , cuz this wolud cause to much inbalance

this is verry true :)

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / [Event] Group Purchase

Originally posted by wasteguru:

so we buy warpacks which r good til wed and we get our purchases on Friday how do I not learn from the masters of ineptness

You should get your purchase at the end of the event, which is the 28th…

Flag Post

Originally posted by wasteguru:

bought 2 warpacks got em. bought 2 more didn’t get em. sent ticket. quick reply of wait til end of event. so we buy warpacks which r good til Wed and well prolly get our purchases on Friday how do I not learn from the masters of ineptness

The group event ends on the 28th which is Monday, you should be getting your purchase item, on the 29th

Flag Post

Yes, the cross server rankings on your server have been reported, and players are making tickets. I want to suggest one thing though… when you say you’re on s11… then I think you’re playing the S11 US east, so I report it as that, they check it, and S11 is fine. You log in on s9, not s11, so it’s very confusing when you post the wrong server. We know that the RANKINGS are incorrect, but your server number, when you log in, shows in the top left of your screen, THAT is the server number you should be posting about, I can tell you several tickets and reports were done incorrectly because of this, and it’s likely caused it to take longer to fix than it would have otherwise. If you make a ticket, also please choose the server you log in on, not what it shows in rankings cause that number is wrong for most of our servers.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / WHo do we have to B#$@ to get a server merger

well this is not r2 / wartune com wher thers milion servers and they are merged offten , and new are created like weekly so what we can say , we got 16 servers now? they got 500+

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / [Promotion] Limited Sale Feast!

Originally posted by ViperaCloud:

I heard someone talking about buying an apollo seal, but she couldn’t buy it.
Is the 10 limit for the whole server? than i can understand why she couldn’t.
Am I glad i buy’d it yesterday as soon as possible.

Yes, it is ten for the whole server

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Wartune Client

Interesnting Red, that had been a prediction I had mentioned long before R2 even got a client… Same reason they dont like when players bypass the kong chat.

Flag Post

Ugh, the servers are provided by Kong. If R2 would want a merge but Kong wouldn’t, nothing would happen.

Flag Post

bought 2 warpacks got em. bought 2 more didn’t get em. sent ticket. quick reply of wait til end of event. so we buy warpacks which r good til Wed and well prolly get our purchases on Friday how do I not learn from the masters of ineptness

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / [Event] Group Purchase

so we buy warpacks which r good til wed and we get our purchases on Friday how do I not learn from the masters of ineptness

Topic: Wartune / "Cheating" the system in arena

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Crosserver ranking is messed up and only shows people from kong 9 /s11 today for the kong 3 / s5 server.
Pretty impacting since that means really tough tok with full orange/purple for all tok levels. No exception.

Other people (see jacek’s post on top, http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/424382-bugs-post-3-1?page=11#posts-8476120) have been complaining about this already, when is this going to be fixed?

Flag Post

On the one hand, I think your solution is good. On the other, I think this could be solved pretty easily by just forcing people who want to refresh-dodge to run with fellow dodgers, and I’m sure the devs will horribly break Group Arenas if they actually tried to change anything.

Flag Post

ya I can see some players using this method too (I used it a lot when I was lvl 60s :P)

now my team only refresh when facing the following situation:

1) facing 4 knight bug, because even we win we get very very low reward
2) facing an extreme monster team which we totally have no chance to win (can’t even survive till sylph), this we will refresh too

facing hard team, we won’t refresh even we know we may lose, want to enjoy the battle~

Flag Post

All I can say is S12 was down to 2 guilds with a whole 14-18 active 80s (if that) when we got merged on the whole server. The rest at that point were all about camping lvl 64-74.

Flag Post

There are some players who have discovered that if it looks like you’re going to lose a fight in 4 vs 4 arena, you can refresh, get invited back to the room by your team, and not lose your attempt. Some choose to exploit this to get higher league points than they earned by simply refreshing before the final blow in a losing fight to get all wins every day.

I prefer to play honestly, so it bothers me to see others use shady tactics to get rewards they didn’t earn and don’t deserve. Still, my biggest gripes about this tactic are:
1) When only one person on the team is doing it, it’s a HUGE pain for the rest of the team. It makes arena take a lot longer (waiting for the player to come back online and rejoin the group). It’s one thing when it’s network issues; when you’re trying to game the system, don’t expect me to waste my time getting you your “extra” wins.
2) When you get one of these fools on your team, especially if your team is lower BR, it puts you in a very bad situation. You get matched repeatedly against very strong teams due to the player’s artificially high rank and they refresh every time you lose, making the torment go on and on and on (unless you decide to ditch after getting your 15 runs done).
3) They ruin things for those who really do have network issues. There are some players who consistently have issues with getting dc’ed and are now being accused of trying to game the system for illicit rewards and booted off arena teams.

It seems to me the easiest way to “fix” this would be to make it so that dc’ed or refreshing toons get the same rewards as the rest of the team. If that means getting the lesser rewards for a loss, I think those with legit network issues would be okay with that because it’s still far better than the nothing they get when they dc nearly every fight.

Flag Post

Dragon Invasion has a “fun” glitch where it appears to all but one party member that the boss is frozen. The party member who sees it attacking normally sees the other players losing hp, but those players are not able to see their hp drop; all they see is frozen boss. I’ve been on both sides of this. When I was the one who could see the boss attacking normally, my team was yelling at me for healing them rather than dpsing; they literally could not see that they were almost dead because on their screens, their hp was not dropping.
When I was one of the ones with the boss frozen on my screen, my hp did not appear to drop, teammates’ hp did not drop, the boss did not seem to be attacking, but players still abruptly disappeared when killed (either by super attacks or by the normal attacks because healer can’t see their hp going down).
When the boss freezes like this, we can still see each other, still see our own skills hit the boss, still see the cds for those skills and can still see boss hp going down. It’s just the boss does not move at all and any damage the boss does is invisible to us.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / freezing again

Gaming PC has the RAM to handle the client side processing but is still limited by the network. The patch pushed a lot of the “work” onto the client side and reduced the caching. This works much better for some, but is horrible for the rest of us. I get lag spikes, random freezes and random dc’s. Those dc’s happen only in Wartune and do not affect other games (even other games on kong) that I am logged into on a different computer. What makes it even more “fun” is these random dc’s like to happen during Dragon Invasion, cheating me out of rewards (if I dc, can’t collect and they aren’t mailed to me like chests from other activities usually are when you dc).

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Cross-Server GBs are Bugged

Originally posted by Maldrete:

So in other words, the devs gave people another cheap-shot tactic?

At least with HS, I had the chance to fight back after being a punching bag for 3 turns, but the devs decided that was too generous. Now I get killed before I even have the chance to become the punching bag! Personally, I want nothing more to do with cross-server, cross-platform events because of this cheapness.

This is actually a nice addition to the game. It gives weaker players a chance to beat stronger players. That is no more “cheap” than any of the luck based mechanics is battle. Might as well complain that illusion, block, deflect, and crit are all cheap since they can proc/fail and cause you to lose when you should have won. Just like any other part of the game, learn to use it to your advantage, relax, and have fun. My own guild was just out for fun, not expecting to win, and had a ball playing with tower and chariot lasers. You have no idea how much fun it is for a 70k BR player to kill a 210k BR player with a war chariot XD

The only cheap thing I saw (not sure if it’s a glitch or intended) is it was possible to attack with laser someone who was in a battle; even if they won, they died after fight due to laser killing them. Not sure if that happened every time or only sometimes, but it seemed that it did not affect the battle the player was in; it just meant they instant died after the fight. That may be cheap, but if its not a bug and happens reliably each time, it might be a valid tactic to take down monsters (have a player trap them in a fight then laser them to death while they can’t move to avoid it).

Its possible the issue you’re having is with lag keeping you from seeing you’re under attack or taking so long to load a fight that the opponent is getting in several free hits. If that’s the issue, you might be able to avert some of it by staying in a tower. That would keep people from sniping you and ensure you have a “chance to defend yourself” before dying (and you can fire laser at enemies that get close…use it to your advantage and have fun with it). You might also ask to drive a war chariot; get to be the one with that OP laser XD

If the issue is super long load times causing you to join a battle a few turns in, that’s harder to deal with. If you use IE, you could try using that miniclient one of our server mates in Empire created. As with any 3rd party software, be advised that it is not endorsed or approved by kong or R2 and is very much use at your own risk.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / ΣNVY☆UZ vs WolfPack

Please don’t go putting toons on S 5/6/7/10 just to scout our guilds for cross server gbs. We need a merge badly and all these “fake” toons that exist just to scout or to socialize are inflating the population to the point that R2 keeps claiming we don’t need a merge when even OPs can’t fill a room for a run (except for ToK where we get lots of weak toons hoping for a carry). It keeps getting harder and harder to get a group which leads more to quit trying but not quit logging in to bs with friends, making the problem worse for the rest of us…

Looking at the BRs of some of these Wartune guilds, if we got every active player (that actually logs daily and does runs) to all pile into one guild, we would still not have even 1/2 the BR that they do. We’ve had only 2 merges total (back to back merges) and only 4 servers total share this space. Tons quit, especially those the game forces to higher level rage quitting when they find they can’t do arena or bg due to all the OPs (especially the over 200k BR spawn campers, classy guys, real classy)…for some reason getting 1-2 hit killed non stop isn’t fun for non cashers and low cashers forced to upper 70s…

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Wartune Client

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

yeah, I had censored my own post, while I was trying to think of wording on it. It’s put me in an awkward spot here, as Mason pretty well insinuated that I had given it my blessing. I really wish I could, I wish R2 would go ahead and do so, but I don’t yet have any indication from them that it will be given. I know Mason didn’t intend to put words in my mouth, (I have talked to him since) but that is what it looked like on here.

I got the impression from kong support that they considered a mini client and decided against it because “we do not want anyone to have to download anything to play our games. It goes against the community we wish to create here”

Flag Post

Well lots of us need merges and have been asking for quite a while. Seems R2 doesn’t care in the slightest.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Never done before...

Thanks..it has a trick to doing it…u send the party request and start fishing..then when someone accepts ur party request.. it shows this..lol