Recent posts in Wartune on Kongregate page 9

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Troops: Physical or Magic?

Ooooooh thanks Fufu. :)

Flag Post

First question: nerp, doesn’t matter.
Second question: they can via enlightenment, but that’s the only way.

If you’re a mage using templars, get Matk transform. Enlighten uses the troops atk stat to calculate the bonus, doesn’t matter if troop is matk or patk.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Updates: When are we Getting...?

September-ish is when it starts, not all will be added straight off, obviously.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Updates: When are we Getting...?

I am curious if anyone knows when we are getting such things as the new skills or level 70 troops. I’ve heard about them for months, yet frustratingly, still no solid times they will be added.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Wartune mini-client

Originally posted by Transcendance:

Nothing works for mac :(

Heya fellow sufferer :D only possibility for us for these things is really a virtual machine (virtual box, parallels) or bootcamp (only works with Macs that have intel chips). Which still means you’ll have to get a legit Windows from somewhere. Not sure if there is anything like Linux’ Wine around for Mac.

Topic: Wartune / July Events cont'd

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Nothing works for mac :(

Flag Post

Originally posted by Transcendance:

Does anyone happen to know whether this miniclient is available for mac users?

Nope, doesn’t work for mac users. They might make it compatible if/when they make it work for kong.

Flag Post

Does anyone happen to know whether this miniclient is available for mac users?

Flag Post

If you are a Magic Attack Hero does it matter if you use Physical Attack Troops? I know it makes a difference which kind of Sylph is used, but do Troop attributes add in any way to the Hero’s? Thanks in advance for your responses. ♥

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Evolved Sylphs lackluster

hope they do something soon, giving us the ability to take skills off the bar would be nice. you bought the skill and you bought the slot, its yours to do what you want with.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Sylph damage formula (partially) revealed

Umm… wha???

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Evolved Sylphs lackluster

Originally posted by Dante1776:

br rise from the growth that goes up, growth means you get more base stats, 400 more for hades/aegis, also the extra br you gain is from the 395 points that are not distributed while evolve preview doesnt include those. (so not misleading but doesnt know where you going to put your atr points.)

ok yea i couldnt see the stat gain just in the Refine tab.

@KS23
Thats exactly my point. i see lots of skills i would like to try or make part of my sylphs arsenal. but with the current roulette system. It’s like betting 00 everytime. and it’s not like i actually have a 1 in 5 chance to replace a skill i want to replace i have a 4 in 5 chance to replace a skill i want to keep. 80% failure rate no thanks

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Dragon Essence Drop Rate

Originally posted by squiglylon:

so it adds 1% to each of them?

Yup. Same as lv5. So total is 3% to patk/matk/pdef/mdef/HP when you have first 5 levels done.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Dragon Essence Drop Rate

so it adds 1% to each of them?

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / wth

Happened to our guild master too today (Europe Server 3 / kong-s5) around world boss time. Apparently took him like half an hour to log in.

And yeah, since last maintenance I have gigantic lag issues again. Cleared all browser cache/cookies and flash cache but nothing works this time.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Sylph damage formula (partially) revealed

Another update: have you ever wondered about the critical damage? Now here is the formula that calculates the damage during critical hits:
(By the way I shouldn’t reply to my own posts, but anyway, I think some people are interested in these updates in my calculations, even though they do not reply to the topic)

D= ((d-1) * x + y) *r * syph_bonus * 1.5 + set_bonus + fate_bonus(with 20% chance)

Very very bad news, the +500 and +1000 dmg from lv60-70 sets don’t get multiplied by this 1.5 factor, neither does the fate_wheel bonus.

Small interesting thing, if you are an archer: archers have a passive skill to get 2% more dmg after each critical hit (lasts for 5 turns, stackable up to 5 times).
Actually when you first crit, this passive already affects your current damage and even your first critical hit is get multiplied by 1.02.
So the formula above for archers (at the first crit hit)

D= ((d-1) * x + y) *r * syph_bonus * 1.5 * 1.02 + set_bonus * 1.02+ fate_bonus(with 20% chance) * 1.02

At least those bonus numbers do get multiplied by this 1.02 factor.

Similar behavior (additional effect is active before your hit, not only after hit) can be observed when Hercules uses his Shock Chain skill: 187% + 1675 dmg and -30% mdef reduction for 3 turns. Actually this skill first decreases your opponent’s mdef by -30%, then deals 187% + 1675 damage and remains active for 3 more turns. Pretty nice.

So here is my current formula: among many other things it does not cover (yet) the following: PvP, block, will destroyer, determination, ruthlessness, critical rate, etc.
All my experiments were done with an archer against sylph atoll monsters.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / wth

is all of the servers down today or something i click on a server ans i get an error message besides that what’s up with all the lag?

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / R2 Vets WTF

He don’t spent a penny,he just a bad troll

Flag Post

Can we stop with this “It’s silly how you spent your balens” , because that is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Topic: Wartune / Lucky clover -_-

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to happen from yelling and demanding things in forums. You do realize that nobody in forums has the power to do anything about your situation or anything about your particular R2Vet. You need to write a ticket, and make your demands there, though in my experience you are really rolling the dice. I wish you the best of luck. However, I do have to agree that spending 5k balens on enchants is kinda silly.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / population

Originally posted by DarkDwain:

So you don’t want a merge because of WB alone? Lol, you’re a cutie xD If R2 would fix the WB HP limit, merges wouldn’t be a problem at all, but yeah… ;)

I hope you meant that as the descriptive word.
and not a “cutie” as in server 4s No.1 guild :-D
as GM i can tell you most of us and definitely myself want another oceanic server, and eventually a merge. the benefits of an active server far outweigh losses of ranks or WB income… well just work at building them again.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / population

The wb hp cap sucks when you suddenly have that many more active players killing it. (We’re getting spoiled; the falling population allows us to get pretty good wb income without cashing.) Still, if a server is low enough population to need a merge, I’d think it would make the rest of the game a bit easier. It’s pretty sad when the two most OP people on the server advertise a free ride and can’t fill a room.

I hope you guys get your merge. Be nice if we get ours eventually too. Still afraid they’re waiting for server 15 to age a bit and then kill it with a 1/5/6/7/10/15 merge =(

I think it would be nice if we could help with ToK, but I can also see why it could be a bad idea. Currently, lower BR players need a carry to get past ToK Easy, Normal, and Hard to even benefit when nightmare is mostly naked. Since that requires giving up our own better rewards to help them, it makes it harder for them to get that carry. If we could help without sacrificing our own run, they might have an easier time getting it, but you’d also end up with the server’s most OP players getting non stop demands from weaker players to carry them in ToK. Using the generic shadows, like when tok first came out, seems like a better option. No more stripping “exploit” that benefits some people that you compete with but not others (some cross server groups have all naked tok, most don’t), no more “shadows” that grow exponentially faster than new players can hope to achieve without spending thousands, just a set, this BR and skill composition to clear this difficulty.

Flag Post

If you have a screenshot of it and have the date/time this happened, they can find out who it was logged into the account.

I’m not sure if you’d get a refund for the balen you spent, but if you have the screenshot, there is no harm in submitting a ticket and asking for compensation. A representative of R2 gave false information that prompted unnecessary spending. I’d be mad too. Before the BR rule, that hp might not have mattered so much, but with the BR rule in CW now, I can see why you’d dump $ to finish your enchants.

R2Vets are volunteers. They don’t have any special information or any insider track. They are there to field questions and advertise features of the game. It’s something you do because you enjoy helping other players; I doubt the misinformation was malicious. Probably an honest mistake, especially if he/she is an older player and remembers the timing CW used to follow.