Recent posts in Wartune on Kongregate page 9

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Will crystal shards

ooh this might clear up some of my confusion.

i’ve noticed that sometimes a player attacking glows blue… when the attacking player glows blue, is it because he is dealing increased elemental damage (due to my sylph having negative resist against that type)?

regardless the text saying “RES Boost Reduced” is just stupid and unnecessarily confusing.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Dark sylph

thetrell… share your links?

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / All attacks are element based now.

according to the wiki which is sourced from R2 forums, Resistance is calculated using this really badly composed formulas:

• Attack Damage: Damage from A to B = 100% + [A’s RES Reduction – B’s Resistance (certain type) / 10] %
  • Damage Reduction: Damage from B to A = 100% – [A’s Resistance (certain type) – B’s RES Reduction / 10] %

assuming i have 200% electro resist, if i apply the numbers directly, this is what i get:

• Attack Damage (electro): 100% + (0 – 200/10) = 80%
  • Damage Reduction (electro RES): 100% – (200 – 0) = -100%

which clearly DON’T match. i believe the “/ 10” is put after the wrong value in the second formula. it should be “A’s Resistance / 10”, which would give the following:

• Damage Reduction (electro RES): 100% – (200/10 – 0) = 80%

so 200% resist actually results in just 20% damage reduction overall. i.e. a default gaia vs gaia battle actually means 20% less damage for both sides.

what about the -100% resist against light/dark?

• Attack Damage (light): 100% + (0 – -100/10) = 110%
  • Damage Reduction (light RES): 100% – (-100/10 – 0) = 110%

so with base values, Apollo and Hades get 10% more damage against the non-cash sylphs. this is on top of their 5% mdef / pdef passives.

while the calculations seem correct here, i’m still confused about the new “RES Boost Reduced” text on the right hand side of battle screens. is that supposed to show the additional damage? or the reduced damage? or both? zzz

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / How are you supposed to get higher level maps without using balens?

Originally posted by alveolate:

from what i see, and also from this sticky thread, if you’re a casher, it seems decent to spend the 120 balens during big spender events and store up the orange maps.

This would be a good idea it they stacked but each orange requires a bag slot.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / How are you supposed to get higher level maps without using balens?

from what i see, and also from this sticky thread, it seems clear that the free 5 maps will ALWAYS be green ONLY.

you can spend 15 balens or 1x Berdim’s Wine (currently no longer dropped after the login events) to get a CHANCE to obtain blue maps. subsequently, it’s 30bb / 2 wines for purple, then 60bb / 4 wines for orange (they’re c.umulative, i.e. total cost for purple is 45bb / 3 wines, total for orange is 60bb / 7 wines).

note that those ‘Refresh Map’ clicks are only CHANCE to obtain the next higher quality map: you could spend 15bb 5x and still be stuck with green. if u don’t like the gamble, that’s where the ‘1-click’ option comes in handy (120bb / 8 wines for instant orange map).

if you’re a casher, it seems decent to spend the 120 balens during big spender events and store up the orange maps.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / April Rune Exchange & Rune Promotion

Originally posted by alveolate:

is it too much for a knight to aspire to challenge the archers at wb?

i also think it’s unfair that knights have no way to slow at all unless they luck out with a mire rune from mystery shop. even if knights and mages all get mire runes, it is still only 30% chance to slow (even worse chance than thunderer). both mire and thunderer pale dramatically in comparison to the 35 rage DF with 100% chance to slow (and DF even has decent damage as well).

either make mire rune much more available for mages and knights, or reinstate WB’s immunity to slow. we archers have more than enough advantages already.

I admire your fair play, a lot of archers seem to consider WB is only for them…

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / April Rune Exchange & Rune Promotion

is it too much for a knight to aspire to challenge the archers at wb?

i also think it’s unfair that knights have no way to slow at all unless they luck out with a mire rune from mystery shop. even if knights and mages all get mire runes, it is still only 30% chance to slow @lv1 (even worse chance than thunderer). both mire and thunderer pale dramatically in comparison to the 35 rage DF with 100% chance to slow (and DF even has decent damage as well).

either make mire rune much more available for mages and knights, or reinstate WB’s immunity to slow. we archers have more than enough advantages already.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / [Announcement] Wartune Weekly Maintenance 4/17 @ 2:30 AM EDT

Thanks.
Pretty please, tell us as soon as you know…

Topic: Wartune / [Announcement] Lost Treasure wording issue

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Okay, not gonna get an answer on this tonight, if I get one before maintenance starts I’ll let you know. I have NO idea at this point what could possibly change with the info on the mount in the blacksmith shop, I was under the impression that it had the correct info on it, so we’ll have to wait till I either get an answer, or we all get one ourselves.

Flag Post

Originally posted by archerngan:
Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

they are giving 25 mount spirits back to you: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/394258-announcement-bugged-evil-unicorn-issue-compensation

Ahhh i must’ve read wrong, so ONLY the players who synthed the bugged card gets the 25 back right? While everyone else get free 5 mount spirits xD

Everyone, including those that synthed the bugged card gets 5 free mount spirits, 50 whips, 5 keys, and 5 signets. Only those who synthed get the 25 mount spirits and 300 whips. So those who didn’t synth miss out on 300 whips, whiles those who did get a nice bonus.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Can't Update Flash Mac OSX 10.5.8 and Linux Issue with White Screen

they suggest me to use chrome… well i am trying with safari, firefox, chrome with no results…

Safari and Firefox tells to update to 10.4 while Chrome doesn’t tell anything but after I chose the server the interface start loading with the server/time bar and the rest of screen flash white and remain white…

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Missing Card Hunt Event?

Originally posted by weee5067:

See, this is just showing the difference between a good mod (you) and a bad one (R2_Community). If you have the same information, why did R2_Community lie in her post in this thread?

Note that she says twice that there was never another Card Hunt event, even though two were up concurrently (and she deleted the second between when I posted this thread and her response). Why is she incapable of admitting that she made a mistake in leaving the second event up? Why didn’t she replace that post with “Turned into Great Card Hunt” instead of deleting it and denying the post ever existed?

Okay, first, she did not lie in her thread, it was the accusation of her lying that had me even look into it. (and I dug, the info I came up with, no, neither Community or I had it beforehand) Second, there never was another card hunt event because the event is still the same one, it changed yes, but there were never two. As to denying the post ever existed, I’m thinking again, her denying that another event existed is what you’re seeing, as there is no hidden post there. (we mods don’t delete posts we hide them fyi) Are we different kinds of mods? yes. I do more of the community rep on here, she does more of the event posts. We could swap if you like, but that would mean you’d need to wait about 5 hours later for me to post the events that she does because I normally sleep at this hour when the go ahead to post goes up. It would also mean that the stuff I do while you and I are both awake, you’d need to wait a few more hours for her to get to cause we have different sleep cycles. That’s a very good thing.

Thread has crossed the line though now, hiding a post and locking it, I’ve talked to R2 about the events, I’ve given you the answer I have, the thread is about a missing event, not about bashing someone who volunteers her time for you guys.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Floor 15 of Necropolis

Need to make a correction. As it turns out, I was using the Necro top 100 to state my facts, and I thought when it said a person completed 15th floor meant they had beaten the 15th boss. But when it said I completed floor 15, I realized it meant we merely reached the 15th boss. What this means is that exceedingly few people period on my server have beaten the 15th boss.

Flag Post

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:

they are giving 25 mount spirits back to you: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/394258-announcement-bugged-evil-unicorn-issue-compensation

Ahhh i must’ve read wrong, so ONLY the players who synthed the bugged card gets the 25 back right? While everyone else get free 5 mount spirits xD

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / Springtime - Recharge Bonus

Duration: 4/16 – 4/17 23:59 (Server Time)

Servers: S1 – S14

Description: For a limited time only, players who recharge 500 or more Balens in a single payment will receive a special gift pack which includes:

• 500,000 Gold
  • Fate Stone x10
  • Mount Training Whip x10
  • Berdim’s Wine x3
  • Bunch of Lilies x3

Note: Each character may only redeem this reward once.

Flag Post

Topic: Wartune / [Announcement] Bugged Evil Unicorn Issue compensation

New update We apologize for the issue with the Evil Unicorn last week and will have this fixed during this week’s maintenance. Once the maintenance is over, the following items will be given to players Lvl. 20+ as compensation:

• Mount Spirit x5
  • Mount Training Whip x50
  • Signet Training x5
  • Skeleton Key x5

For players who already synthesized the permanent Evil Unicorns before the emergency maintenance last Friday, your bugged Evil Unicorns will be turned into normal 7 day mounts after this week’s maintenance. Note: Your Evil Unicorn will expire this Friday if it was synthesized last Friday. We apologize for any and all inconvenience regarding this issue and will be offering you the following items as compensation:

• Mount Spirit x25
  • Mount Training Whip x300

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information regarding the compensation pack details.

hope that’s a little more clear for you, I’ll fix the first post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Ah gotcha, let me ask

Flag Post

Ok, but it’s already written in blacksmith it is not… Is there something else to correct?

Flag Post

It’s already been stated it is not permanent: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/394258-announcement-bugged-evil-unicorn-issue-compensation

Flag Post

Originally posted by R2_Community:

• Adjusted the Evil Unicorn description in the Blacksmith.

So, evil unicorn will be permanent or not?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

ticket wont help, they have already acknowledged this and are going to offer “compensation”.
wich means you wont be compensated the real amount you lost but instead will receive a token compensation.

Originally posted by Madcap_Magician:

Ah. Yes, that was extremely confusing. I thought it was “Spend 1 Berdim’s Wine or 30 balens” to reroll the map. I didn’t know that you had to do this THREE times to have ANY chance of getting an orange. I thought it was roll once and you had a chance to get any of the three better maps.

Wow, every time you think 7Road/R2 has reached the end of ways to screw people…

^^ikr, I mean we all expect them to monetise the new stuff… that’s why they are withholding it. so they can cash in on its release… fine cant change their greed.

but how many times in a row do we have to accept “typography errors” as an excuse when they are making so much money…
like you said green you spent a bunch yourself…. I lost about 300 bound balens, add up every bound balen spent from this “typo” from every server
and I bet you have thousands of dollars worth of mislead spending.
the hidden cost in rune packs.. (wich im still fuming about cause one of my most active guildies quit after being ripped off 300 dollars)
the sylph skill slot… its just not good enough.

how can we not believe its being done on purpose? again the Tos protects corruption…. if any real world company made thousands off of their own mistakes they would be investigated by the fair trade commission and sued by many.

I realise typos cant be avoided, but how bout compensations start matching up with what we are being tricked out of…
if they don’t then we are being cheated

Flag Post

See, this is just showing the difference between a good mod (you) and a bad one (R2_Community). If you have the same information, why did R2_Community lie in her post in this thread?

Originally posted by R2_Community:

as Active said the Treasure Hunt event was replaced with the Card Hunt that started on the 10th. I deleted the post to avoid the confusion any further, but there was an issue with the tracking of the Treasure Hunts and they started the Card Hunt instead of delaying maintenance (All the events were programmed in last maintenance). There was no additional Card Hunt event scheduled to start today, it was the Treasure Hunt event you saw.

Note that she says twice that there was never another Card Hunt event, even though two were up concurrently (and she deleted the second between when I posted this thread and her response). Why is she incapable of admitting that she made a mistake in leaving the second event up? Why didn’t she replace that post with “Turned into Great Card Hunt” instead of deleting it and denying the post ever existed?