Forums Wartune

Play in Full-Screen! :)

12 posts

Flag Post

After reading the plethora of comments about adding a full-screen feature, I’ve decided to share my method for playing Wartune in full-screen mode:

1. Log-in to Kongregate and go on the Wartune page. You should stop when you get to the server list; do not enter the game. If you see the [Log-in] [Register] buttons instead of the servers, then you need to relog into kong and/or refresh your page.

2. Right-click inside the game window. At least one of the options should include working with the “Frame”. If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Opera, click “Open Frame in New Tab”. If you are using Google Chrome, click “View Frame Source”. A new tab should open, with the URL “view-source:tp.r2games.com/kongregate/wartune…”; take out the “view-source:”, and the rest of the URL will send you to a page with just the game.

3. If the game loads with the log-in buttons instead of the server list, then repeat from Step 1.

4. Enter “Full-Screen Mode” or “Presentation Mode” in your browser, and now Wartune should be the only thing on your monitor!

Unfortunately, this is not true full-screen as the game images do not seem to scale with the browser window. However, you can do that by manually zooming in with your browser or computer; it’ll probably distort the pixels and make it look like crap though.

Also, I have only tested this on my Mac (Snow Leopard) using Firefox 15.0.1 and Chrome 22.0.1, so please post feedback on whether it works or not on yours.

~Kiwi [Dragonfire]

Flag Post

Awesome, thanks!

Flag Post

You can also Shift+Click on your server, it’ll open it in a new tab.

Flag Post

Awsome – Thanks

Flag Post

Not sure what Aznkid66’s “full screen mode” is like, but my full screen mode as per Solofme’s version looks like this without any zoom in or out.

Flag Post

This is what my full screen looks like in pvp arena.

Flag Post

does not work for me… :(

Ybri u want to share ur method with us?

Flag Post

There is an easy solution: zoom. It is almost like full-screen mode with 150% zoom.

Flag Post

zoom function on browsers work decently. usual shortcut key is " ctrl + ". but just like Ybris, you will end up with scroll bars. u can zoom less so that the scroll bars don’t turn up, of course.

the other way is to use Solofme’s bookmarklet method

Flag Post

f11 is full screen in IE and Opera, probably the same in other browsers;
opening game ‘frame’ requires only right click→open(no new tabs) in opera;
for scouting wilderness you can ‘ctrl +’, you’ll see bigger chunk of the map;
‘ctrl -’ is useful when you’re afking, either during WB or blitzing – squishes game screen badly, but lowers CPU/GPU use – more power/less lag;
adding direct address to bookmarks(or home screen, shortcuts or whatever) will save half a sec(no right clicking, etc.)
if you’re not logging out every time from kong, it’ll work just fine;

BTW
you guys should learn a thing or two about options and possibilities the browser developers gave you :D
I use Opera cause half of ‘extensions’ I’d have to install in other browsers, here I have built-in ;p

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

zoom function on browsers work decently. usual shortcut key is " ctrl + ". but just like Ybris, you will end up with scroll bars. u can zoom less so that the scroll bars don’t turn up, of course.

the other way is to use Solofme’s bookmarklet method

I am using Solofme’s bookmarklet method. it works greatly. Everything for me is widescreen as im playing it on a laptop. If i scroll down, i ll see black screens. The Solofme’s method makes the gameplay widescreen and almost full screen for me.

The link is in the above.

Flag Post

Nice one! Thanks for the help.