here’s my order, with a little explanation:
1. patk — raises all your dmg skills 100% reliably (except if target dodges)
2. sniper — raises crit rate (still RNG) for all dmg skills except multishot (already 100%)
3. determ — raises crit dmg WHEN you crit (that’s why u raise crit rate before crit dmg)
dmg outranks defense because in cases of similar strength, the person who hits slightly harder wins… and it’s a lot easier to dish out a bit more damage than to tank a bit more.
4. hp — generally more impt at lower levels / tanking WB. regardless, HP works against both patk AND matk; whereas mdef/pdef are only “half” as effective. besides, archers get +20% HP passive. nonetheless, since even the oj HP astral is only +500hp per level, you will eventually switch to getting HP from gems instead (lv5 HP gem = 880hp)
5. mdef — mages will almost always hit you, so mdef is more important in pvp. swap out if you are definitely not fighting a mage (e.g. duelling a knight). also mandatory for fighting the eye in crypt.
6. pdef — if you have trouble against other archers / knights
7. goddess — though it is not RNG and dual-use (effective against both patk & matk), the amount is low-ish (lv5 purp = 10%, lv4 oj = 12%) and only starts showing an impact after lv45-50.
8. illu — can be extremely powerful; but it is an RNG astral (read: completely chance-based). once past lv55, this astral becomes almost ubiquitous on everyone… it becomes necessary just so you get the same RNG defense as your opponent.