Forums Wartune

Wartune: No Multiplayer - Tanks are Underpowered (No Longer Resolved) page 4 (locked)

109 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by sabieudaica:
They say matching, not in a fair way. Yeah a group of 30s will meet 50s. That is fun!
Also, just so to tell you 3 30s people can grouped up pretty good and meet, a 50 knight along with 2 low level mages!

Cross-server arena matching has always been subject to sunspots or something. Sometimes you’ll get a matchup that is a 2-round curbstomp win, then you’ll have the tables turned on you on the next round.

Your best bet is to have a group of three similar level and BR players together. If you have one considerably lower it weakens your group, and one considerably higher will tend to skew the matchups toward opponents of his/her strength. I still can’t tell if the matchups work primarily off level or BR.

In any case, if you meet up with fully-clothed archers you’re in for a world of hurt :P

Flag Post

Yeah! Of course, my set is not full yet. But me at 40s , with 14k of battle rating can be considered low!

Flag Post

Figured i would provide some insight on this topic, Knights are and will always be king of pvp, no other class can do near enough damage/survive the knight in a 1v1. 3v3’s mages will win simply because they have the fastest form of aoe attacks in the game, archers cant deal with the damage/speed the mages push out. Mages are probably the most underpowered necessary class in the game… They get screwed out of the necropolis simply because they cant force enough single target dps on the boss like knights/mages can. Same reason knights/archers win out on wb. as for dps, our ultimate slasher is almost as strong as the multishot of the archer when you reach higher levels. However, what is crap about the game is that when you reach lvl 50+ dungeons you are forced to have either a person with a battle rating at least 20k above the dungeon to do it, or you have to have an archer that has both deep freeze and scattershot.

By the way, if you think knights are good because they have appollo’s shield, you are sadly mistaken because archers also have the ability but its a debuff to the boss. Not only this but archers have a vampiric shot that allows them the same opportunity to heal as the knight getting proc’s off blocking while their shield is up.

Like I said, if you enjoy pvp, the game is kind to knights and you can basically beat every other class assuming your battle rating is similar… if you want to do everything else. Pick an archer.

Should add the fact im a lvl 68 knight with 50k br, which is pretty low atm, trying to improve.

Flag Post

wait for new troops and u can see knight at last place lol. and knights are not the kind of pvp… even with similar br its base on skill. but in most case “similar rating” mage will drop knight dead, knight drops archer and archer drops mage. 3v3 doesnt mean mage wins. did u ever played 3 archer vs 3 mage.. ? 1 mage is dead ( focus) within 1 round

Flag Post

I don’t think mage is underpowered ,they have advantage of catatomb,in future u might say knight is op, but think about their effort time and gold difference they make in wb, they just grow slowly but once build up , they are hardly to get beaten

Flag Post

Impbloody, your first paragraph is a whole pile of rubbish. Scratch that, almost the entire post.

Knights have never been “Kings of PvP” and the new troops will make it even harder for them to get rid of with their piss poor DPS and AoE abilities and they are the worst class to advance in Necropolis.

Mages underpowered? They’re easy mode in PvP.

Edit: If you think 50k BR at Lv 68 is low, you might want to invest another 1000 bucks in your char.

Flag Post

with new troops knights are just… dead! they really got to do something thats horrible! i got 46k br and get killed by 38k br mages with lvl 60 templar in front… wb, da, gb, hp pots, bg and now those troops.. being a knight is a real pain now

Flag Post
Originally posted by yoyopico:

with new troops knights are just… dead! they really got to do something thats horrible! i got 46k br and get killed by 38k br mages with lvl 60 templar in front… wb, da, gb, hp pots, bg and now those troops.. being a knight is a real pain now

Trust me, knights were yelling their heads off once they put together the new stats on the troops and the increased ratio of rounds against a DD. You have to wait until 1.6.

Flag Post

New troops are a pain for knights, cause they made mage more overpowered than before.
Luckily they added two more BGs, so the chances of kill people in BG are more…you simply have to avoid mages, or find weaker people than you and bully them.

The only way for knights to compete in BG now is to reach VIP 9.

However, troops are still unbalanced, templars should be for mages,to protect them phisically, warlocks should be for knights and archers, to help them against mages, but in the end, 90% of players choose templars cause they have more HP and are more useful on WB

Flag Post
Originally posted by wellens85:

New troops are a pain for knights, cause they made mage more overpowered than before.
Luckily they added two more BGs, so the chances of kill people in BG are more…you simply have to avoid mages, or find weaker people than you and bully them.

The only way for knights to compete in BG now is to reach VIP 9.

However, troops are still unbalanced, templars should be for mages,to protect them phisically, warlocks should be for knights and archers, to help them against mages, but in the end, 90% of players choose templars cause they have more HP and are more useful on WB

Oh try a mage against an archer see what happens ._.

Flag Post

Oki knowing thats nice to know! But is it enough to catch up all the disadvantage we had and have? considering its probly in like 6 months, with hp pots, wb and things archers will have an advantage of like… 100m?

Flag Post

Oki knowing thats nice to know! But is it enough to catch up all the disadvantage we had and have? considering its probly in like 6 months, with hp pots, wb and things archers will have an advantage of like… 100m?

Yuss. Eleventy billion. Over 9000. Take your pick. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

As an Archer, when exactly will I feel these benefits?

Oh, wait, you are talking about those archers that /also/ cash.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tevesh:

no we dont :/
maybe you think you dont do much at wb.. but any knight with your br probly do like 60% of your damage..
no matter cashing or not

Flag Post

no we dont :/
maybe you think you dont do much at wb.. but any knight with your br probly do like 60% of your damage..
no matter cashing or not

yea lol, at lvl 52, im doing approx 12k per hit for DD, meaning approx 36k. might improve if i use EDD.

while im hearing over guild chat with mages lower level than me easily hitting more than 36k for the delp.

Flag Post

hp gem is a must for knight if vs mage ,since our mdef is low, what we can do is more hp to tank their atk , more hp better off

Flag Post

my credentials… game Name_ Japa / class_ Knight / level_58 / BR_42K+ so yes I’m a medium range casher. Or should I say WAS a casher…

now lets talk 1v1 PVP/BG. Mages are supposed to be the counter to knights…used to be FINE…broken now, with the introduction of clothes, to the point of being ridiculously easy for cashing mages of similar BR or even less to the Knights.) archers are supposed to be the counter to mages…fine as far as I know…knights are supposed to be the counter to archers…again…broken…

I was recently in a BG and came across an archer with level 57 troops…I got destroyed…I then looked at his BR(was 4.5 K less than mine. Let me explain what happened…it took me a first round WW and 5 subsequent attacks to kill his troops. The archer killed mine with the dual shot/AOE so he had 4 extra shots on me before I even got to hit him. When I finally did hit him, I realized that he had almost the same Pdef that I do and around 4k less HP.REALLY???? I’m supposed to be the tank…(I looked at my HP…at 25% archers HP approximately 85%. I didn’t even get him down to 50% before I died.

moral of that story to you archers that say WB isn’t a HUGE advantage, or that they don’t do well… Archers gain more Daru than all other classes BR for BR, due to the increase in crits on WB. so the new troops are the same level as them in a much shorter period of time. making my lvl 49 Templars’ weak in comparison.(especially with the archers DPS) The gold gains in conjunction with the daru gains mean your guild skill/astrals will level much faster than that of a knights as well.

Now lets go to the Forgotten catacombs.

Flag Post

A knights major weakness…MAGIC…all levels past lvl 50…that’s right…MAGIC…we don’t have the DPS or the defenses to do well in Crypt making gem gains slower than other classes as well. Not a huge disadvantage but one that merits a small blurb in this long winded post. It is easier now with the new troops.

Now on to MPD…is a knight helpful…sure, is a Knight Necessary…NO…at least not the level 50 dungeons. I’ve seen high BR archers tank the Patk bosses and high BR mages tank the Matk bosses,(and I’m talking lvl59s here…not some Uber level 70. so yet again knights are replaceable. knights are supposed to be TANKS that’s what I hear a lot when we say that our DPS sucks…well if we can be out tanked in certain situations than we are not tanks NOR are we DPS. If we are TANKs then in no way and no how should a similar level DPS mage or a DPS archer be able to tank anything anywhere as good as knight regardless of cash payed.

lets recap…We suck at 1v1/BG. due in part to a slow growth rate of troops/guild skills/Astrals/lack of DPS/AND lack of real tanking ability. MPD only replaceable class, knights…lowest on the charts BR for BR on WB, knights…slowest to get through crypt, knights.

Bottom line is the only thing knights got in the 1.5 updates other than screwed…an easier time in crypt due to the new troops…but then again everyone got the new troops, we’ll call that a push. /yay knights.

oh yeah PS. ALL REWARDS IN THIS GAME ARE DPS BASED OR BASED ON HOW FAST YOU KILLWHERE DO KNIGHTS SUCK OTHER THAN EVERYWHERE……DPS.

If I missed something let me know, but if you don’t play a knight or are clueless please STFU :)

Flag Post

sini, once your troop at 59lv u will be kill back that archer believe me, (also how is your pdef , if less than 10k i would say archer still hurt you, more than that, gratz u are archer killer in 59 bg,almost pawn 98% of archer, some 14-16k patk archer there, u can’t handle them)

Flag Post

@ mactt my Patk is 12k+ with pots and Pdef is 10k+ with pots also 43k+ HP with pots…good to know that with the same level troops I will stand a chance again, but my real point to archers with that one is with the WB gains for archers compared to knights, knights have a disadvantage in the slowness in which our troops gain levels…now maybe he hits more WBs than I can due to work,kids,wife, etc. but I don’t think that’s where the advantage is in this case. The other point is he was more than 4k less BR than me…and he destroyed me…wasn’t even close, which shouldn’t happen when knights are supposed to be the counter to archers. you know what I mean?

Even after the troops were dead he could still do more damage to me than I could to him % wise. again 4.5K LESS BR than me.

I mean Maybe I just suck…Maybe he got lucky with crits…I don’t think so though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sinisterninja:

I was recently in a BG and came across an archer with level 57 troops…I got destroyed…I then looked at his BR(was 4.5 K less than mine. Let me explain what happened…it took me a first round WW and 5 subsequent attacks to kill his troops. The archer killed mine with the dual shot/AOE so he had 4 extra shots on me before I even got to hit him. When I finally did hit him, I realized that he had almost the same Pdef that I do and around 4k less HP.REALLY???? I’m supposed to be the tank…(I looked at my HP…at 25% archers HP approximately 85%. I didn’t even get him down to 50% before I died.

That’s dryad’s.

Flag Post

@ FUfu now that’s possible but unlikely as I was the second strongest in the whole BG, BR wise both teams were relatively weak…not sure many could have killed him, and we were losing from the get go. Unless he kept going after the one 47k BR mage that was on my team…not advisable for anyone lol but not out of the realm of possibility…

Still doesn’t fix the level 57 troops vs my lvl 49 troops. gained mainly by WB…

Flag Post

Hmm, if you look at his stats, it doesn’t show dryad’s. So if he had equal pdef to you then it’s not due to dryad’s. So I’m wrong :D

As for troops, yeahhhh…You’re gonna be behind on that. Archers win at WB. The high single-target damage is gonna do it there. I am an archer >.> so I hope that doesn’t make you ignore what I’m saying. But yeah, I generally have higher level troops than knights, but I also saved for a few months before new troops came out. So that could be a help. I don’t dispute that if both of you saved up, he’s still likely to beat you on troop level.

And big front troops are bad news for knights. I’m not going to argue that knights got shafted the most by the 1.5 patch so far. More clothes made archers more like mages with easy AOE access, and troops gave mages the extra bulk needed to take everyone down.

I usually cannot beat knights around my own BR. Sometimes I get lucky and do, but that’s kinda rare. My experience come from that. All those seem to be def builds, too. Off build knights kinda suck, sadly.

I do think knights need a boost and mages need a teeny nerf, pvp-wise. A good tanky knight is still the hardest to find for DT and Spire, which makes them very valuable imo. Kong4 (Eastern – 2) / L65 Archer / 48k BR to give you an idea of where I stand. :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer:

Hmm, if you look at his stats, it doesn’t show dryad’s. So if he had equal pdef to you then it’s not due to dryad’s. So I’m wrong :D

As for troops, yeahhhh…You’re gonna be behind on that. Archers win at WB. The high single-target damage is gonna do it there. I am an archer >.> so I hope that doesn’t make you ignore what I’m saying. But yeah, I generally have higher level troops than knights, but I also saved for a few months before new troops came out. So that could be a help. I don’t dispute that if both of you saved up, he’s still likely to beat you on troop level.

And big front troops are bad news for knights. I’m not going to argue that knights got shafted the most by the 1.5 patch so far. More clothes made archers more like mages with easy AOE access, and troops gave mages the extra bulk needed to take everyone down.

I usually cannot beat knights around my own BR. Sometimes I get lucky and do, but that’s kinda rare. My experience come from that. All those seem to be def builds, too. Off build knights kinda suck, sadly.

I do think knights need a boost and mages need a teeny nerf, pvp-wise. A good tanky knight is still the hardest to find for DT and Spire, which makes them very valuable imo. Kong4 (Eastern – 2) / L65 Archer / 48k BR to give you an idea of where I stand. :-)

I don’t mind Knowledgeable players commenting on what I have to gripe about, so you being an archer isn’t going to sway me one way or another lol/ I’m really just glad an archer sees the same problems with knights and isn’t just telling me to suck it up LMAO….I’m ultimately just blowing off steam as there seems to be nothing I can do about it anyways lol. other than not paying to play anymore. Or re rolling another toon.(not with the amount I spent on this one) before the 1.5 patches that is.

You say that you cannot beat knights the same BR as you…not calling you a liar or anyone else, but what other archers have told me is they kill knights 3-4k higher BR than them at least 50% of the time… Maybe they are wrong or I don’t have all the facts…I try not to talk about how under powered knights are too much in game, I’m sure most people are tired of hearing it, not as tired as I am of living it though lol

On the topic of saving for troops I had 18 mil saved for troops when they came out…I think I got them to lvl 42?!?!?!? the day of release. Or somewhere close to there anyways. troop levels are the bane for knights due to everyone picking templars and their high Pdef rating/compared to our low DPS.

It’s just really frustrating to suck at almost every aspect of a game after one update, we were bad enough before 1.5…now it just seems that we are completely obsolete. As for the higher level dungeons…I don’t know, I haven’t been there yet,(and won’t be for a while…I have to catch up in troops/astrals/ and guild skills) but the level 50 MPDs we really aren’t needed unless there isn’t a strong archer and a strong mage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sinisterninja:
Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer:

I don’t mind Knowledgeable players commenting on what I have to gripe about, so you being an archer isn’t going to sway me one way or another lol/ I’m really just glad an archer sees the same problems with knights and isn’t just telling me to suck it up LMAO….I’m ultimately just blowing off steam as there seems to be nothing I can do about it anyways lol. other than not paying to play anymore. Or re rolling another toon.(not with the amount I spent on this one) before the 1.5 patches that is.

You say that you cannot beat knights the same BR as you…not calling you a liar or anyone else, but what other archers have told me is they kill knights 3-4k higher BR than them at least 50% of the time… Maybe they are wrong or I don’t have all the facts…I try not to talk about how under powered knights are too much in game, I’m sure most people are tired of hearing it, not as tired as I am of living it though lol

On the topic of saving for troops I had 18 mil saved for troops when they came out…I think I got them to lvl 42?!?!?!? the day of release. Or somewhere close to there anyways. troop levels are the bane for knights due to everyone picking templars and their high Pdef rating/compared to our low DPS.

It’s just really frustrating to suck at almost every aspect of a game after one update, we were bad enough before 1.5…now it just seems that we are completely obsolete. As for the higher level dungeons…I don’t know, I haven’t been there yet,(and won’t be for a while…I have to catch up in troops/astrals/ and guild skills) but the level 50 MPDs we really aren’t needed unless there isn’t a strong archer and a strong mage.

i played knight too, 45k br patk 12k+ pdef 11k hp 48k , name i won’t say it , but win a 41k br archer no problem without any trouble
i remember one bg i was 43k br potted/ one lv 1 clothing for me (using angels lv 50)<——before patch new troop , win a 45k archer(better clothing than me){55 lv knight], but i was have 1k hp left,the story tell u that knight still counter archers(of course we both use rune to fight). {no dryad for me)

For the mps i know how u feel, even 50 nightmare sometimes not really need a knight too, we have to look forward