Forums Wartune

The Math Behind the Game

23 posts

Flag Post

Okay guys, I know that most of you don’t spend your free time running mathematical equations, especially when they pertain to a video game. Luckily for you, I do! These are two equations which I have derived from observation in Wartune. Hopefully, someone out there can get some use out of them. I plan on expanding my collection of figures in the future, but, in the mean time, enjoy these!

Flag Post

Notation
x(<var>) = EXP earned
n = level completed (Forgotten Catacombs)
c = the boolean value of crypt key use (if you used a crypt key, c = 1, otherwise, c = 0)
w = the world prosperty EXP bonus as listed on the buff (for example, if you have 9% world prosperity, w = 9)
r = rested EXP bonus (either r = 0 or r = 50)
t = quest tier (Bounty quests; 1 = white, 2 = Green, 3 = Blue, 4 = Purple, 5 = Orange)
g = gold earned

Flag Post

EXP Earned by Clearing Floors 1 through n in the Forgotten Catacombs

x(n) = n(c + 1)(n + 1)(w + 100)(r + 100)] / 100

If you wish to calculate the EXP earned from floors b through n, where b is any number between 1 and n, simply subtract x(b) from x(n).

Flag Post

Bounty Quest Rewards through the Tiers

g(t) = 740*t*

x2(t) = [74t(w + 100)(r + 100)] / 100

Flag Post

I have been studying the party arena matchmaking and have studied matchmaking with lv 30s and 35s and I think i have found an equation that’ll get you matched with people of the same level (levels 30-34)
L = A party of levels 30 – 34
H = A party of levels 35 – 39
l = One person from the L group
br = battle rating

And the equations are so:

L vs L = true if l < or = br 9000

L vs H = true if l > br 9000

Please know that these equations may not be 100% true or accurate!

Flag Post

Here’s a few more.

True Physical Attack = (Your Physical Attack – Enemy Physical Defense) / 2. The minimum is 10% of your physical attack stat. The figures change due to floating damage.

True Magic Attack = (Your Magic Attack – Enemy Magic Defense) / 2. The minimum is 10% of your magic attack stat. The figures change due to floating damage.

True Troop Health = (Troop Health (On the upgrade panel) x Troop count) / 200.

Flag Post

Can someone please provide answers to these?

1. The percentage of High, Med, Low in VIP shop?
2. The percentage of getting the items on VIP wheel?

Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

Thanks.

Devs will likely never reveal those. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

Thanks.

Devs will likely never reveal those. :(

I sure won’t spend a dime then lol. Let’s see shall we?

Flag Post

Due to the fact that theres never been an annoucement on world chat about a player receiveing a level 5 to 7 gem from vip wheel, I can safely say that vip wheel is rigged for seeds, shadow crystals, gold, and skeleton keys.

Also its mystery shop, not vip shop but it may as well be renamed vip shop, since vip players most likely to have balens.

Flag Post

yes the VIP is most certainly rigged. the highest prize you can achieve is 500k gold or average quality seeds. the first item is always 20k gold, and it will then give you luck stones, shadow crystals, keys etc. until the 2nd last/last spin. where you will get 500k gold, assuming it’s on the wheel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AidanD47:

yes the VIP is most certainly rigged. the highest prize you can achieve is 500k gold or average quality seeds. the first item is always 20k gold, and it will then give you luck stones, shadow crystals, keys etc. until the 2nd last/last spin. where you will get 500k gold, assuming it’s on the wheel.

You have to keep resetting the wheel until you find the least amount of low quality items :)

Work against the system, enjoy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JuggaloMole:
Originally posted by AidanD47:

You have to keep resetting the wheel until you find the least amount of low quality items :)

Work against the system, enjoy.

you still get the worst 8 and there are alway 8 bad ones

Flag Post

If you have any numbers on crit, that would be really nice!

Flag Post

Crit/block are crazy and probably impossible to calculate without actual info from the devs. Also, the bounty quest rewards don’t count in levels. Level 51 orange bountys spike up to 100k+.

Flag Post

From what I know, Crit & Block are either:
each 100crit/block yields 3%chance
OR
1-(.9995^Crit)=Crit/block%

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tevesh:

From what I know, Crit & Block are either:
each 100crit/block yields 3%chance
OR
1-(.9995^Crit)=Crit/block%

Gamelytic?

Flag Post

Gamelytic says the 100crit/block ~3% chance
In the R2 Forums is where I found the 1-(.9995^Crit)=Crit%

Will update with a link for the 2nd one later tonight when I have some time.

Flag Post

I believe the first one is quite inaccurate.
I have close to 2k crit. 20% from passive, 20% from skill.
That’s 60% + 20% + 20%. Which means I should be dealing criticals close to 100% of the time.

However that isn’t the case. Not even close.

Unless each entity has its own ‘anti-crit’ stat which I’m not aware of.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sesshy1987:

I believe the first one is quite inaccurate.
I have close to 2k crit. 20% from passive, 20% from skill.
That’s 60% + 20% + 20%. Which means I should be dealing criticals close to 100% of the time.

However that isn’t the case. Not even close.

Unless each entity has its own ‘anti-crit’ stat which I’m not aware of.

I think I remember someone saying that our crit chance was modified by some stat on the target, but not sure.

From a math perspective, doing it as 60%+ 20% +20% is retarded. If you check your stats with and without a Crit Astral, you see that the Archer +20% crit is applied to the crit value the Astral and gear gives you: my +576crit astral gives me +691crit on my stat page. As such that leads me to believe that the 20% bonii are multiplied to the crit chance, not added.

So, going by the first formula, 2k crit using Arrow Strike would be 2000*1.2=2400crit ~> 72% crit chance (or 60%+ 20%=80%)
Going by the second: 1-(.9995^(2000*1.2)) ~> 70% crit chance (63% +20% = 83%)
But in my mind it would be very wrong for Arrow Strike to add a flat 20%, but again, we need a dev/gm to provide the formula.

The second formula wasn’t on the R2 forums, I looked on there and couldn’t find it. I’m not too sure where I found it now but its oddly close to the 100crit~3%chance.

Flag Post

iI find myself having more crits when its directed to regular troops/enemies, against let’s say the world boss.

Since this is all RNG, the only way to firming this is with many data runs missing the actual formula.

Flag Post

iI find myself having more crits when its directed to regular troops/enemies, against let’s say the world boss.

Since this is all RNG, the only way to firming this is with many data runs missing the actual formula.

I think you’re forgetting that there are things within the game that can reduce the chance of you getting a crit as well, world bosses more than likely have them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by robotking98:

I think you’re forgetting that there are things within the game that can reduce the chance of you getting a crit as well, world bosses more than likely have them.

Nope you thought wrong. I did not forget it, in fact I mentioned it outright in a couple of posts above about a ‘unknown anti-crit stat’.