Forums Wartune

[Activity] Wartune January Events! page 2

142 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wredniak:

If i count right you can get:

• 8 Unrefined Boxes from MP dungeons (assuming you do it twice on 10th – before and after the 0500 quest reset)
  • 7 Unrefined Boxes from BG Kills
  • 7 Unrefined Boxes from CS Arena
  • 8 Unrefined Boxes from Plundering (assuming you do it twice on 29th – before and after the 0500 quest reset)
    so 30 Unrefined boxes total which gives us 30-90 Refined Ores which you can turn into 7-22 Refined Boxes
    This 7-22 Refined Boxes gives you a chance for 7 – 66 Pristine ores which you can turn into 1-16 Pristine Boxes.

For King’s bounty you will need 40 whips and that will give you 8 Mysterious Resources (assuming you do it twice on 21st – before and after the 0500 quest reset) missing 2 you need to get using either alchemy or mystery shops.
Cheapest way would be probably doing one alchemy per day for 50 balens. That will make minimum cost of King’s bounty 500 balens. (Mystery shop is 450 assuming the reset cost doesn’t increase with every use but alchemy at least gives you gold or daru).

My only doubt is where you find Unrefined Ore, if the quest description is right then you have no way of getting it for: “Exchange 4 Unrefined Ore for Unrefined Ore Box” option, on the other hand if quest description is wrong and you get Ores not boxes then exchange is right and you can only get 7 Unrefined Ore Boxes.

Good idea about the alchemy, but I must point out I remember the last alchemy quest refreshed every day not allowing the build up of purchases over X days. I wonder if this quest will be the same?

Flag Post
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

Good idea about the alchemy, but I must point out I remember the last alchemy quest refreshed every day not allowing the build up of purchases over X days. I wonder if this quest will be the same?

Interesting, I didn’t check out last one, maybe they fixed that to prevent exactly that kind of “saving” ^^" do you know if refreshing market increases cost of next refreshment?

Flag Post

Remember, the price of the alchemy increases by 10 for every use (reset by day of course). If you know his already, great – but since some calculations are being thrown around, newer players (or players who have not Balen’ed) might not take this into consideration.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EM1NEM:

Interesting, I didn’t check out last one, maybe they fixed that to prevent exactly that kind of “saving” ^^" do you know if refreshing market increases cost of next refreshment?

Refreshing market is the same every time

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

Remember, the price of the alchemy increases by 10 for every use (reset by day of course). If you know his already, great – but since some calculations are being thrown around, newer players (or players who have not Balen’ed) might not take this into consideration.

Do you know if the quest resets daily? Or can we complete it in 5 days using alchemy once a day?

Flag Post

Do you know if the quest resets daily? Or can we complete it in 5 days using alchemy once a day?

I tested this with the Reindeer event – and the quest progress did not reset. However, we still do not know if that will still be the case. I’ll ask – but I myself have been yanked around with answers. Case in point – these events. I was first told they would NOT come over.. and lo and behold, they do. :P

Flag Post

I also wonder how they Mystery shop resets will count, will they check if we clicked the button and payed 45 balens or will the free one every 4h count…
I’m not overly optimistic here and considering it is last even giving mysterious resource i will probably stick to alchemy.

Flag Post

Rule the Battleground!

Duration:
1/13 0:00 – 1/20 23:59

Goal:
Kill players in the battleground x 3

Description:
Show your enemies who’s boss of the battleground! Defeat any three players in the battleground and you will receive Unrefined Ore Box x1. This quest may be completed once per day.

Rewards:

• Unrefined Ore Box x 1

This hardly seems fair, in 40-60 BG, the opposite team doesn’t always have someone you can kill (or if they do, they hide in spawn or are targeted incessantly like the rest of us low levels and hard to get to.)

Yes, Dryad buff helps, but you can face an entire opposing team that is too powerful to out-Dryad before they hit 5k points, due in part to respawn timers.

I think this supposedly “non-cash” event does not favor level 40’s who don’t cash, and that the kills needed to complete each day should be lowered.

Example; yesterday there was only one person I could kill, even though I had a 80% dryad buff (facing level 59+ isn’t amusing), and they were hiding behind their teams guardians, hooray for being hunted down like cattle for easy honor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lifeisacarride:

Rule the Battleground!

Duration:

Goal:

Description:
Show your enemies who’s boss of the battleground! Defeat any three players in the battleground and you will receive Unrefined Ore Box x1. This quest may be completed once per day.

Rewards:

• Unrefined Ore Box x 1

This hardly seems fair, in 40-60 BG, the opposite team doesn’t always have someone you can kill (or if they do, they hide in spawn or are targeted incessantly like the rest of us low levels and hard to get to.)

Yes, Dryad buff helps, but you can face an entire opposing team that is too powerful to out-Dryad before they hit 5k points, due in part to respawn timers.

I think this supposedly “non-cash” event does not favor level 40’s who don’t cash, and that the kills needed to complete each day should be lowered.

Example; yesterday there was only one person I could kill, even though I had a 80% dryad buff (facing level 59+ isn’t amusing), and they were hiding behind their teams guardians, hooray for being hunted down like cattle for easy honor.

I think 3 is doable, for example some of my guildies when on low health choose to die to their own mates over random enemy ^^

Flag Post

You guys seems to be miscalcing something…for example, 10th-17th = 8 days, even without hitting the quest before quest reset, so you can do each up to 9 times, except the cross server arena and bg

Flag Post
Originally posted by gruntarswe:

You guys seems to be miscalcing something…for example, 10th-17th = 8 days, even without hitting the quest before quest reset, so you can do each up to 9 times, except the cross server arena and bg

… well then you get more boxes ^^ no more attempts from me then ;)

Flag Post

Would it be possible if you (KE) could ask for an increase in the length of the mount trainer quest so that non- cashers have a slighter chance at getting the King’s Bounty, as it is already hard enough to get.

Flag Post
Originally posted by qsawde:

Would it be possible if you (KE) could ask for an increase in the length of the mount trainer quest so that non- cashers have a slighter chance at getting the King’s Bounty, as it is already hard enough to get.

Why would he bother, the whole point of those timings is to get you to buy those few extra balens on the basis of “it’s not much to pay for a possibly huge reward”, I hope you didn’t really think they wanted to give free players an option to get King’s bounty too but just accidentialy set it like that.

Flag Post

King bounty looks like a really big gamble when it comes to the non-gold/daru item

Flag Post

If given enough time, players can figure out the impetus of the “bigger prizes”. I even stated this awhile ago here.

“I cannot speak for R2 when I say this, so I’ll give my opinion based on what I’ve seen so far (and on other Asian MMOs): These events are designed to net a player the majority of requirements to obtain something special. Though the shards/cards are likely to be brought back at a later date, it’s usually the compulsory human need to ‘have new stuff’ that companies bank on. YMMV.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lifeisacarride:

Rule the Battleground!

Duration:

Goal:

Description:

Rewards:

• Unrefined Ore Box x 1

I think 3 is doable, for example some of my guildies when on low health choose to die to their own mates over random enemy ^^

lol in a fight to 5k points, you could rack up aMASSIVE dryads if you never win

Flag Post

So Is it Possible to get a King’s Bounty without spending ANY BALENS?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fardeen11:

So Is it Possible to get a King’s Bounty without spending ANY BALENS?

Unless something changes mid-stream… unfortunately, no.

Flag Post

the most i can see plausible is 7. after rereading event data, there are 7 days of mount training, which is the only technically free way to get mysterious ores.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thortag:

the most i can see plausible is 7. after rereading event data, there are 7 days of mount training, which is the only technically free way to get mysterious ores.

8 days total :) means you can get it 9 times if you are on after midnight server but before quest reset

Flag Post

servers are up everyone

Flag Post

How does the exchange work ? I mean when we received the unrefined ore pack from “dungeon slayer” the unrefined ore obtained by “login pack” disappeared. Is that an auto-exchange or just a bug ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by doudoudp:

How does the exchange work ? I mean when we received the unrefined ore pack from “dungeon slayer” the unrefined ore obtained by “login pack” disappeared. Is that an auto-exchange or just a bug ?

Our guild is trying to figure it out. The actual MP quest says something different apparently to what it says in this forum, all somewhat confusing and needs some clarification.

Flag Post

We may be in the same guild so :p

Flag Post

The un-refined ore from daily login disappears after a relog :)