Forums Wartune

Do something against leechers during BG

46 posts

Flag Post

Seriously, last few BGs I noticed the same guys leech during BGs. Sometimes we do lose, sometimes we win, and giving these leechers points. But these leechers doesn’t deserve any points at all.

I suggest some sort of vote-kicking system. When 5 or more players vote to kick some guy, the guy will get kicked from the party.
Also the quest to ‘join a BG’ should be changed or removed. It only supports those leechers. Joining once, then leeching rest of the time. Changing it into something like: Kill at least 2 players or bring loot back to the start 5 times.
This should be also the minimal requirements to get the final rewards, just to stop these leechers.

Or for all I care… ban the leechers.

Flag Post

Eventually there will be an anti-idle system in place for BG’s, that comes along with cross-server BG’s and level divisions every 10 levels.

Flag Post

It would be nice if those players would get auto kicked after a few minutes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Omnia0001:

Eventually there will be an anti-idle system in place for BG’s, that comes along with cross-server BG’s and level divisions every 10 levels.

This… though you may have to hold your breath for awhile. :(

Originally posted by Vanja77:

It would be nice if those players would get auto kicked after a few minutes.

:)

Flag Post

I originally complained about leechers in BG. I get it now. When one or two players can kill the guardians and camp the graveyard because BG isn’t bracketed, then it’s just no fun.

Bracket the BG.

Flag Post

Well they better hurry with it. Plus I hope they add vote-kick function as well. Kicking out every guy from OutOfRehabs, bunch of leechers… or leecher-supporters (like the leader of OutOfRehabs)…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Verkade:

Well they better hurry with it. Plus I hope they add vote-kick function as well. Kicking out every guy from OutOfRehabs, bunch of leechers… or leecher-supporters (like the leader of OutOfRehabs)…

If ur gonna quote me at least make it right and dont twist my words as u please. I never said i am a supporter of afkers in BG, i simply said that i have no problem with ppl tht do afk in there whether they are in my team or not. Some simply do it for quests only.
As for all the ones that dont like how the brackets in BGs are atm remember that not the high lvls in game make them but the game’s staff so if ur unhappy about them complain to the staff and dont blame higher lvls for kicking ur arse in BGs. They arent breaking any rules by doing so. U dont like it then dont join BGs till they change brackets.

Flag Post

Explain this?

False accusation.

Flag Post

Given there is basically no way to have anything approaching an even fight beyond 25/35, it turns into people just looking for honour for no purpose vs those who are tired of not being able to do anything.

Flag Post

I wasn’t talking about you Sisel. I am talking about Archer, your (and used to be mine) guild leader. Plus I am not talking about someone that goes AFK for a minute and come back… but those that joins twice a day (2nd time not for quest!) and doesn’t help the party at all, by leeching!

I caught few of our guild mates leeching, and no this wasn’t just for quest. I complaint about it in guild chat. At first Archer, leader of OutOfRehabs said ‘Its personal’… as if he tries to say whatever they do, its their own doing. While some others agreed with me that leeching is not good… we kept the discussion going for a while. Then Archer suddenly said ‘I am going to get fed up with you Verkade’, because I didn’t agreed with him and criticized him. I told many good reasons why they should be stopped, but Archer did not care. So he is a supporter of leechers. He rather have leechers than a guy that does his best during all activities.
Also, Archer said: ‘By going out in the field they are giving other team points so staying inside isn’t so bad’ or something like that. So again, he suggest we all stay inside, and leech… Only time you really give other team points is if your score get lower than 100. I rather have 5 players that scored 200 – 250 points in the end, than 5 players that scored 100 because they never got out.

And Whoopie, how does it make me a moron when I try to stop leechers? If someone does a team activity and he lets others do all the work, then he is the moron. [Whoopie edited his post, but he was making me out for a moron… or is this a false accusation as well Whoopie?]

Anyway I left that guild because of their retarded leader.

Flag Post

The difference between victory and defeat is 50 honor/insignias. Objectively, it is not a big amount. Just saying…

If you pretend the afk guy is a nub who will be killed 20 times in the battleground and so cost your team a lot of points, you might feel better and be instead thankfully that he went afk. :)

Flag Post

Verkade if u really want to stop leechers (which u dont seem to want from what im reading here, all i see here is u trying to drag my guild into a personal frustration of urs and blame it on us and insult us) then address with this matter to the proper ppl to handle it like for example put it in the suggestion thread here.
BGs are as they are and being afk in there doesnt break any rules atm whether u like it or not nor does it “ruin” the BG if some ppl are afk in there. Dude we are talking about a difference of 60 insigns between win or loose, its not 1k insigns or something so either way its not like u loose some extraordinary reward if u loose a BG.
Ppl that are active in BGs will always get more rewards then those tht are afk in there like more honor, more shards.
So please stop insulting ppl and trying to blame us for the stuff u dont like in this game, its pathetic.

Flag Post

I don’t want to stop leechers, and only want to drag your guild in it? Where in my first post, was I mentioning something about your guild? Nowhere. At first it was only leechers. As it happened in our guild (at that time), I wanted to stop it from happening in guild. But well, bunch of leecher supporters you are… you don’t give a damn. It was the moment that archer started to be retarded towards me that I left and mentioned you noobs in here. Out of the last 6 BGs I did, 4 times I caught your guildies being a leech.

Further I don’t give a damn about the final prize for myself. I do care that these leechers get stuff, which they DO NOT DESERVE. Whether it is a lot or not, they don’t deserve it. Which I clearly said in the first post. Learn to read for Christ sake.

Anyway, if they ever implant a vote-kick system, let see if you care then. Because with the amount of leechers in your guild, people will start kicking anyone of OutOfRehabs… let see if you still support leechers then.

Flag Post

Im talking about ur 2nd and 3rd post not the 1st. And who r u to decide what ppl deserve and wht not? If they see fit for their char to afk in bg the can do so. Do they take away from your rewards there if they are afk? No. Do u loose/gain anything if some are afk in there? No u dont. So whts with all the hate vs “leechers” lol. Maybe ppl have something else to do while afking in there or simply want to do bg for quests or they find it boring or other reasons.
They can implement 10 afk kicking systems not 1, id still have no problem with ppl tht afk in there which in ur opinion makes me a leecher supporter. At least i support and not insult ppl.

Flag Post

Your questions are good… Your answers however are wrong.

Who am I to decide what people deserve? Well it’s a team match, if you join, you better put up a good fight and not leech. Leeching hurts the team, you don’t do any work, so no, they don’t deserve a thing. I would love to be your co-worker darkghosts1313. I let you do everything, I sit on my ass all day, and still get paid… Would you love that?

Do they take away rewards? Sometimes yes. Even if it’s 10%… do you use your QTE for +10% damage? You do! Would you like 10% more honor/insignia?

Do you lose anything if some are leeching in there? Sometimes yes. It’s kinda same question as above. Plus losing the match, and I play to win… but with these leechers, sometimes you can’t win.

So yes, you are a leecher supporter. It’s not a insult, it’s a fact. So much for ‘False accusations’ right Whoopie, you got your prove there.

Flag Post

You are the one that fails to understand wht im saying which is the fact that it doesnt matter much if its a win or loss in bg matches, the end rewards are insignifiant either way. And ur making such a big buzz about it. Its simply funny thats all. Anyway this is last post from me. Cya around and beware of the leechers! They can be nasty at times.

Flag Post

Wow dude, that was such a great come back. Perhaps the only decent thing in there is the ’You’re making such a big buzz about it’. Rest of it is crap. The rewards are small, I understand. So I don’t fail to understand your point. You however, you fail to understand my point. Fun that you did not answer the questions I asked… because you know I am so right.

But thanks for showing everyone here how much you fail in logic with your question list. Seems not only the leader of OutOfRehabs fails, but their officers or w/e the 2nd rank is called fails as well. There were however some players in your guild that understood my point and agreed with me. I hope for them they leave, for not putting up with failures like yourself.

Seriously, I would love to see you play games as LOL or WOW with one or more leecher in it. I wonder if you would ever play with them again, or if you would kick them. I have played such games and there is where my hate started towards leechers. To win, or to earn most points, you have to make up for the ones that leech in the party and that just sucks. Sometimes you lose because of them, or die because of them. Well you wouldn’t understand, you’re nothing but a noob ghost, and that’s the reason you stick around with them.

Flag Post

The afking will contunie till the low levels have to fight with lvl55+ ppl who one shot them.
Verkade can you give some advice to low lvl ppls how to survive in bg?

Flag Post

I am not 55+ myself, I am 45. I get my ass kicked by 55+s as well, but you don’t hear me crying about that. I still try to do my best. Avoiding the 55+s, checking before the battle starts who I can beat, and attack them if I get the chance. Beside attacking still moving with chests. Like I said, I am still trying to do my best, even though I am not the strongest.
Unlike some that thinks, ‘Oh there are stronger people than me, so let’s fck it up entirely for my team by not doing anything’.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wizzy:

If you pretend the afk guy is a nub who will be killed 20 times in the battleground and so cost your team a lot of points, you might feel better and be instead thankfully that he went afk. :)

No team points are lost if a player dies in BG. :)

The thing is – we want a lot of AFKers. Why? More time to do everything.

Flag Post

I wasn’t talking about you Sisel. I am talking about Archer, your (and used to be mine) guild leader. Plus I am not talking about someone that goes AFK for a minute and come back… but those that joins twice a day (2nd time not for quest!) and doesn’t help the party at all, by leeching!

I caught few of our guild mates leeching, and no this wasn’t just for quest. I complaint about it in guild chat. At first Archer, leader of OutOfRehabs said ‘Its personal’… as if he tries to say whatever they do, its their own doing. While some others agreed with me that leeching is not good… we kept the discussion going for a while. Then Archer suddenly said ‘I am going to get fed up with you Verkade’, because I didn’t agreed with him and criticized him. I told many good reasons why they should be stopped, but Archer did not care. So he is a supporter of leechers. He rather have leechers than a guy that does his best during all activities.
Also, Archer said: ‘By going out in the field they are giving other team points so staying inside isn’t so bad’ or something like that. So again, he suggest we all stay inside, and leech… Only time you really give other team points is if your score get lower than 100. I rather have 5 players that scored 200 – 250 points in the end, than 5 players that scored 100 because they never got out.

And Whoopie, how does it make me a moron when I try to stop leechers? If someone does a team activity and he lets others do all the work, then he is the moron. [Whoopie edited his post, but he was making me out for a moron… or is this a false accusation as well Whoopie?]

Anyway I left that guild because of their retarded leader.

No but looking at the way you’ve conducted yourself here, you have defined yourself to be moron.

Life doesn’t always go the way YOU want it.

Get your point across diplomatically instead of throwing tantrums. No one will take you seriously.

You have yet to answer my question. How does that make ALL of rehab afk supporters.

So if I was a high level balen spender and got group with a low level player like you, does that make you a leecher in my opinion regardless of whether you tried or not? Trying is one thing but making an impact another.

Flag Post

Not all of them. I have said few times that some of OutOfRehab agreed with me. And sure, not everything goes the way I want… but this is for me a serious case and OutOfRehabs didn’t do anything about it, so I left. I bet somewhere they agree with me and make it into a rule or tell their players not to leech. If you join a team, you’re not suppose to sit on your ass and let others do everything.

I just did 2 parties of BG. Both times the opponent team had to deal with leechers, sadly for them. First party 2, not all too bad but still. Second party at least 5 of them. I thought making screenshots with fraps and I did, but for some reason fraps didn’t capture what’s on flash. .

About players that use balens vs those who don’t… well in a way yes. My damage is slacking compare to them. But at least I try my best. Something these leechers don’t do at all. That is the point. They don’t put in any work at all.

Anyway, you are discussing this with me, but it’s not just me that think leechers should be dealt with. Sure it happens now and then that some guy goes AFK for whatever reason… but there are these players that leech in every BG. Only if there was an kick function. Would you play a second time with a guy that puts no efford in a party? I don’t think so.

Like I said before, play games like LOL or WOW, and tell me again that you absolutely don’t care about people that puts no effort in the game aka leeches.

Flag Post

Is it just the high levels complaining that they can’t kill enough low level AFK’s?

Flag Post

As a new player here as i grow my char i play any events /dungeons that come up for my lvl . How ever after reading this i am unsure if i should as i am not strong enough to kill anyone in BG yet :(

I don’t go AFK in there and do collect some but get killed alot so am letting my team down?

Flag Post
Originally posted by nanakiwi:

As a new player here as i grow my char i play any events /dungeons that come up for my lvl . How ever after reading this i am unsure if i should as i am not strong enough to kill anyone in BG yet :(

I don’t go AFK in there and do collect some but get killed alot so am letting my team down?

Absolutely not.

You cannot cost your team points nor do you boost points for the opposing team. Not all runners of crystals can be intercepted (unless you get a ton of AFKers).

You may get killed a lot but even one or two successful trips: boosts your team’s points, gets you crystal shards as a turn-in, and more importantly shows your teammates you aren’t leeching. You also can stack Drayd’s blessing and play spoiler (if possible).

Also, you cannot lose honor (no matter what the GUI tells you) until you hit Crusader. At Crusader, you can get your mount (provided you have enough insignias).

It’s win-win all around – except the feeling of getting farmed.