Forums Wartune

screenshots of Chinese server (locked)

19 posts

Flag Post

i took a trip to the first server made and screenshot most things i saw that looked important.
http://imgur.com/z5V4t8m,7zobM8J,GJsnkKX,a4x00jb,1BSylpy,vK3mdBZ,OpbgGZj,XPWxmm1,Y3PjnMb,rnB0ttB,RYzd4Af,t5SduHU,WdbgpYL#0

link

it includes the new troops, clothes, shop stuff, and mounts.

one thing that i found surprising was the balen cost items were much cheaper in that server.

Flag Post

20 balens for level 2 gems?

Flag Post

meh~~

Emo… their gems are 20 balens per lv2 while ours is 85 balens per lv 2s.

Flag Post

another item is the mounts, theirs are about 1400 balens

Flag Post

You haven’t even adjusted for USD to HK plus the ratio of Balens to HK$ either. It’s… scary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

You haven’t even adjusted for USD to HK plus the ratio of Balens to HK$ either. It’s… scary.

Do they use yuan or HK? Thought I saw yuan when I had been poking around on their servers.

1USD = 6.22yuan & 7.75HK ; 5yuan= 0.64USD ; 5HK=0.80USD
Whichever currency it is, a buck would still give you 500 balens

Flag Post

To help fix the links in OP’s post.

Flag Post

yeah not spending anymore kreds until we get this version. I mean its like we are playing wartune demo while Chinese server gets full version and cheaper.

Flag Post

uhm okay. Balens cost more there, especially when you factor in normal earnings for someone in China. Wayyy more.

Flag Post

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2012/06/14/for-some-jobs-china-salaries-now-on-par-with-u-s/

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/26/news/economy/china-middle-class/index.htm

as an American born Chinese, I can guarantee you almost anyone who has access to a computer will likely be able to afford the amount of money paid to a gaming site. Reports show some companies are moving back to USA from china (read somewhere in newspaper, will find link later) due to rising labor cost over there.

Trust me Chinese people aren’t as poor as you’d think. They have 2nd highest amount of billionaires in the world, USA is 1st. Lets talk about averages, since you will state income equalities, typically anyone who has access to a computer with internet access is well off, typically middle to upper class in China.

Flag Post

The new units in barracks look interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tevesh:
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

Do they use yuan or HK? Thought I saw yuan when I had been poking around on their servers.

1USD = 6.22yuan & 7.75HK ; 5yuan= 0.64USD ; 5HK=0.80USD
Whichever currency it is, a buck would still give you 500 balens

That’s 4 bucks for wings, not bad. 1/5 of the price here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ju3tb0red:

yeah not spending anymore kreds until we get this version. I mean its like we are playing wartune demo while Chinese server gets full version and cheaper.

R2Games should reimburse 75% of kreds already spent too ;) consider it a penalty for highway robbery?

Flag Post

yeah i feel we are gouged compared to that :(

Flag Post

Yes, US wartune servers is overpriced. The horses are worth $5 max each only. We are all paying 4 times more money, and multiple versions behind the chinese version. Refund all my balens now.

Flag Post

we are paying for the additional cost of translating the game from Chinese… and also probably the cost of working with Chinese nationals, who can be bloody cutthroat in their business deals. i reckon 7roads is the one reaping the profits right now.

nonetheless, Kong earns next to nothing from the transactions afaik. their business model seems to be mainly based off of site-use traffic rather than in-game micro transactions (at least, they profess to send the money to the devs).

that’s just what it seems like to me. any clarification would be nice.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator