Forums Wartune

Troop Calculator

60 posts

Flag Post

I recently decided to try my hand at some programming at Microsoft Silverlight 5 (So that will be required, it’s kind of like the flash of .net)
It will calculate daru costs and troop stats, and their total hp in combat.
It can also incorporate your techs (and their kyanite costs) into the equation if you enable them.

It feels good to give something to our community something that the others(even the main ;P) don’t have

You can find my calc here
preview

If you find any bugs or daru calculations off please tell me and I’ll try to fix it asap, if the daru is off tell me what it says for you and what the program said, you can also mail my character on Kongregate Server-1, Dragonock

Flag Post

Great work. =)

Flag Post

*sigh
And you just discouraged me from leveling my Knights past 50. Wasn’t planning to anyways, but, ugh…

great tool though

Flag Post

So good that it’s gonna be a sticky. :)

Flag Post

It charges until 100%, but never actually charges the calculator. I don’t know if it’s my problem (i’ve W7 so i think i don’t have out of date the program).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arch3r_P1k3r:

It charges until 100%, but never actually charges the calculator. I don’t know if it’s my problem (i’ve W7 so i think i don’t have out of date the program).

It’s up and running for me and my friends, your Microsoft Silverlight may not be up to date

Flag Post

Does it really HAVE to be Silverlight?
Can’t you generate a PHP-Script out of it or something like that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snowman25:

Does it really HAVE to be Silverlight?
Can’t you generate a PHP-Script out of it or something like that?

I’m not very good at php as web coding isn’t my priority, I just decided to try my hand at a web language that was native to vb.net

Flag Post

It’s a really neat tool and works almost flawlessly (even though being on silverlight!)
But the math might be slightly off, because i got a bit of a different stats showing ingame vs the tool it’s not by very much though (but it could have a significant impact on something? what do i know!)
Troop Info VS Tool info

Flag Post
Originally posted by Smurfan:

It’s a really neat tool and works almost flawlessly (even though being on silverlight!)
But the math might be slightly off, because i got a bit of a different stats showing ingame vs the tool it’s not by very much though (but it could have a significant impact on something? what do i know!)
Troop Info VS Tool info

I’m looking into it right now
bug is fixed, another one bites the dust ;)

Flag Post

Would appreciate a kyanite cost function as well, so we know when to add troop hp and when to add troop count

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkChaos23:

Would appreciate a kyanite cost function as well, so we know when to add troop hp and when to add troop count

good idea, I’ll try to figure out the cost increase and add it to the calculator
would you wanna see total kyanite costs up to level or costs to next level (I could add a tooltip with the latter in it)

Flag Post

Kyanite cost starts at 50 and increases by 10 * the level of the tech.

Examples:

Amount required from 20 to 21: 2150
Amount required from 21 to 22: 2360

Those are in-game numbers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kenkaku:

Kyanite cost starts at 50 and increases by 10 * the level of the tech.

Examples:

Amount required from 20 to 21: 2150
Amount required from 21 to 22: 2360

Those are in-game numbers.

Yes I know and it’s done, had to fiddle with subtracting for a bit before i got it right

Flag Post

Great job on this, thanks Dragon

Flag Post

for those of us who cant get it to work, would a kind soul please report:

Daru needed to get a troop to 40/50/60

ty in advance :)

Flag Post

Knights/Angels to 40: 10,085,985
Knights/Angels to 50: 24,384,360
Knights/Angels to 60: 58,605,732

Flag Post

just curious… could the author (or anyone privy) tell us the daru cost formula?

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

just curious… could the author (or anyone privy) tell us the daru cost formula?

(target level)^3*(unit’s upgrade cost multiplier) the multiplier is (Lancer/Hunter: 2 _ Priests/Paladins:5 _ Gryphon:6 _ Angels/Knights: 15)

The formula changes past 50 the closest i could get for a quick fix was adding 2.5 to the multiplier which amde the daru costs .5 off, which I made round round

On that note, if a player with lvl51+ troops could tell me if the formula is correct it would be much appreciated

Flag Post

the cost of knights from lvl 55 to 56 is 3073280, which matches with (56)^3 * (15 + 2.5)

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

Knights/Angels to 40: 10,085,985
Knights/Angels to 50: 24,384,360
Knights/Angels to 60: 58,605,732

thank you very much :D

Flag Post

PDEF and MDEF values are off for me.

According to the program my Knights have 3184 PDEF and 2399 MDEF but in reality they have 3427 PDEF and 2615 MDEF. No external buffs. All other values being correct (well I assume that actual combat HP is correct if base HP is).

Lv 49 Knight, 780 Troop Count, PDEF 31, MDEF 32

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atombender:

PDEF and MDEF values are off for me.

According to the program my Knights have 3184 PDEF and 2399 MDEF but in reality they have 3427 PDEF and 2615 MDEF. No external buffs. All other values being correct (well I assume that actual combat HP is correct if base HP is).

Lv 49 Knight, 780 Troop Count, PDEF 31, MDEF 32

Fixed, thanks for pointing out the stat change past 40

Flag Post

dont suppose we can rip the values for the 50 troops incoming? :D

Flag Post

haha, I’ll get those up as soon as they are released and I can figure out stat changes per 10 levels