Forums Wartune

Suggestions for *Battlegrounds*

20 posts

Flag Post

Okay so I got some ideas for battlegrounds, let me know what everyone thinks.

1. Add an (Accept or Reject) prompt, I should not be automatically able to fight a level 60 at a click of a button when you are level 44.

2. Follow up from #1 but there is a 10 level difference in the “wilds” so lets have that same concept in battlegrounds?

3. Let there be a wider map that still fully connected together with roads and one more spot to collect cart fulls. (So there is no more cluster f- in the middle)

4. Battleground bonus scrolls, just random scrolls that are only used in battlegrounds and give individual stat bonus’s or player damage bonus for an hour. (To help out the people who can’t really get the medallions)

So that is what I think about the battlegrounds. and how it may be better… These weren’t the most well thought out plans in the world but it’s something I thought I should just throw out there. RESPOND BACK GOOD OR BAD

Flag Post

i totally agree! nice ideas Miklo15

Flag Post

1. No, this is a bad idea. It’s called battle grounds for a reason, people will always decline if they had this option.
2. This is an excellent idea and I have no idea why they didn’t implement this. It makes no sense for a 30~39 battle ground and then all of a sudden it’s 40~80.
3. Can’t disagree or agree with this one, I’ll leave it up to them to decide. (However if you’re talking about accidentally clicking on people and attacking them then they I suggest instead of you getting to choose whether or not to be attacked, it should be whether or not you wish to attack the person)
4. No, there’s a dyrad’s blessing for a reason.

Flag Post

1.Don’t click em if yah don’t wanna attack em, yeah you just accidentally click em sometimes.

2. Supposed to be different level brackets in Chinese servers or so I’ve been told so we should have them at some point as well.

3. The purpose of the one area is so everyone converges there and theres a BATTLE not theres 30 people scattered around an area the size of the world map.

4. Called dryads blessing go get yah a good dryads you’ll kill some people.

I agree with one thing level brackets. The rest seems to be you never wanna die near as I can tell. No one really does but you will. If you’re not crusader and up it’s not a big deal to die in battlegrounds. You lose some points to yourself and gain dryads thereby allowing you to kill people you would never be able to before then.

Flag Post

I have another suggestion : dont change anything with battlegrounds, they are maybe not perfect but they are ok as they are. Only change that is a bit reasonable and easy to do is to move borderline of first bg from 40 to 45.

Flag Post

Dying before you reach crusader = free heal

Flag Post

@xDavidx3 @Death1698

I see what you 2 are saying about Dryads blessing. But all I am trying to say is that we shouldn’t need a dryads blessing in the first place. It should be a battleground for everyone that is around your level. Not have a free for fall with all levels and just keep buffing the weaker ones so they can eventually kill the people attacking them.

just makes more sense to have a reasonable battlegrounds instead of a blessing to balance out from the higher levels over so many deaths ..

Flag Post

It’s moot though. CSBG is coming and there will be divisions by 10 levels… in addition to the 10 separate BGs per day (2 attempts maximum).

Flag Post
Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

It’s moot though. CSBG is coming and there will be divisions by 10 levels… in addition to the 10 separate BGs per day (2 attempts maximum).

Yesh no more 40’s with super dryads to take 900 damage from me and deal 3,000 I dun like role reversal!!! IT HURTS! xD

Flag Post

if there’s some kinda scroll / purchaseable buff for BG, everybody will just have to buy it. just like how if you wanna top WB, you have to voucher up.

as for changing the map… that would completely upset the current strategy. the narrower top entrance is the main choke point; if you want to juke a little, you should stick to btm. the crystals are meant to be central so strong players can “guard” them and force the opponents to fight for crystals.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

if there’s some kinda scroll / purchaseable buff for BG, everybody will just have to buy it. just like how if you wanna top WB, you have to voucher up.

as for changing the map… that would completely upset the current strategy. the narrower top entrance is the main choke point; if you want to juke a little, you should stick to btm. the crystals are meant to be central so strong players can “guard” them and force the opponents to fight for crystals.

If you wanna be in top 10 for world boss you gotta voucher and balen up I think xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by Miklo15:

Okay so I got some ideas for battlegrounds, let me know what everyone thinks.

1. Add an (Accept or Reject) prompt, I should not be automatically able to fight a level 60 at a click of a button when you are level 44.

2. Follow up from #1 but there is a 10 level difference in the “wilds” so lets have that same concept in battlegrounds?

3. Let there be a wider map that still fully connected together with roads and one more spot to collect cart fulls. (So there is no more cluster f- in the middle)

4. Battleground bonus scrolls, just random scrolls that are only used in battlegrounds and give individual stat bonus’s or player damage bonus for an hour. (To help out the people who can’t really get the medallions)

So that is what I think about the battlegrounds. and how it may be better… These weren’t the most well thought out plans in the world but it’s something I thought I should just throw out there. RESPOND BACK GOOD OR BAD

1. No
2. They are implementing new battlegrounds soon, it’s just a matter of time
3.The maps do need redesigned, or a variety.
4. You can already use pots and scrolls in BG’s.

Flag Post

I got a question.

why do they allow people to stand at the base of battlegrounds and just camp?

Flag Post

I got a question.

Do you mean spawn kill?

I have not had this happen to me yet, most people are respectful and won’t do this, but they do need to implement a “safe zone” for something like this. Hopefully with the upcoming patches they will fix some of these issues.

Flag Post

Only thing BG’s need is a 40-49 bracket and 50+ There aren’t enough 60+ Players yet to warrant a 60-69 BG.

Flag Post

1. I see there’s no need about the accept or reject option, it’s cruel battleground right, everybody come here to fight. But the duel with earth-sky distance difference BR should be considered.
2. I agree with this concept, but not with levels – I vote for BR, it’s more balancing.
3. More various maps, okay…. but I think wider is not important matter, still I hate the opponent killer waiting at the narrow corridor.
4. I like this ‘gift from heaven’ random support, just feel like a weak player suddenly pumped up by adrenalin steroid, for short period time – I assumed….. I wonder if any test server available for these. Er, what medallion?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JuggaloMole:

I got a question.

Do you mean spawn kill?

I have not had this happen to me yet, most people are respectful and won’t do this, but they do need to implement a “safe zone” for something like this. Hopefully with the upcoming patches they will fix some of these issues.

actually, you can’t go into the spawn. my server has some really insanely strong lv39s who kill the 3rd guardians and sit right outside spawn… but they can’t go into the spawn area.

nonetheless, it’s fairly bad strategy to do this, since the lowbies who got their fingers burnt would simply afk in spawn… unless the idea is to lock out the opposing team so your team can get free carts the whole 25mins.

i believe the OP is referring to afkers who waste a spot on the team. some of the afkers are simply too weak to fight anyone, so they just sit in spawn and wait for end of round rewards. others are just lazy / bored of bg, and just wanna afk for rewards. and of course… in 40+ bg, the lowbie crusaders would afk for fear of losing honor.

normally, afkers don’t matter a huge deal… but if the opponents have all 15 active, then the team with some afkers might lose out. if you dislike how your team is losing / afking, you can leave that bg with a 5-min timeout penalty and hope to join a different team subsequently.

Flag Post

Do you mean spawn kill?

No i don’t mean spawn kill haha. I mean why do they allow people to enter the battlegrounds and just AFK at the base. They get free points for letting everyone else do the work. I think there should be a system where you cannot stay at the base like that for longer than “x” amount of time. Or something of that nature.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Raideen:

1. I see there’s no need about the accept or reject option, it’s cruel battleground right, everybody come here to fight. But the duel with earth-sky distance difference BR should be considered.
2. I agree with this concept, but not with levels – I vote for BR, it’s more balancing.
3. More various maps, okay…. but I think wider is not important matter, still I hate the opponent killer waiting at the narrow corridor.
4. I like this ‘gift from heaven’ random support, just feel like a weak player suddenly pumped up by adrenalin steroid, for short period time – I assumed….. I wonder if any test server available for these. Er, what medallion?

responding for number 4. the medallion I am talking about is the title medallions, ex: private, champion, etc. Just a small boost only available for battlegrounds, and to give players an extra edge and give weaker players a little more during these events.

Flag Post

medallions = honor

the game has a lot of twinned names for the same thing… sometimes quite annoying.

on that note, this small interface upgrade might help:
display the number of Battleground shards you currently have in your bag.

it’s laggy and eye-straining to open your bag and search for a small number while trying to continue cart runs.

No i don’t mean spawn kill haha. I mean why do they allow people to enter the battlegrounds and just AFK at the base. They get free points for letting everyone else do the work. I think there should be a system where you cannot stay at the base like that for longer than “x” amount of time. Or something of that nature.

the fact is that the current BG timings are terrible… some people are either still at work or are having dinner. i know these are merely personal reasons, but most of us want to do well in the game despite clashing timings.

for others, they do not wish to risk losing honor (after Crusader rank, losing a fight = honor deducted) so they choose the easiest way out: sit in base and leech round rewards.

NEW! in 1.5 patch, BG will be updated: Merge with 1.5X Patch Preview