Forums Wartune

Ybris Story page 2

32 posts

Flag Post

Certainly not with similar PATK or comparable MATK. But Archers are also heavy on crit.

Flag Post

Alveolate, I don’t know in which server you play, but in mine (that is the same server of Ybri) there’s only one knight in every WB top ten (and often no knights) and i saw a knight in top 3 only 3 times since i started play in november: once was Ybri, once was me and once was labas.

For the aoe: you start with 30 rage, a mage aoe needs 16, a knight 50, that means 3rd turn…a mage can oneshot your troops during fist turn.

Ok, knight have heal with block, but it’s only 4% HP every block

Archers are better in WB and you can see it in the WB chart
Mages are better in pvp, and you can see it in honor chart
And that’s a fact, not interpretation.

If you want to build a pg that can compete with top mages or archer, you have to spend a lot more than them…and that’s another fact.

And for the mp dung the problem is not how hard is to find a team, the problem is that, for example you can do lv 60 mp dung without knights, but you can’t without archers or mages, and that’s another fact.

Flag Post

i was thinking about mpds recently when i reached 65 last night. What if there was a mpd boss that cannot be critical-ed and/or cant be purged (like MD 60-65, 2nd boss). Then a knight’s will destroyer patk might come in handy as archers cant do higher critical dmg but can only debuff or deepfreeze. At DemonTemple 65-70, i heard from the higher lvl archers, puri is needed, deepfreeze, ss is needed… knights…. =( cause archers can tank, and have high critical hits while most knights … don’t have what archers have.

Knights being left aside as a not favorable class already, i realized recently in the top1 guild that… the top3 guilds like to boycott each other. Mere not lending a helping hand / c-blocking another to do MPDs / c-s PVP esp for knights can get them so frustrated, it wont be long before they think about quitting. For the other mages/ archers in other guilds, it’s a good thing to not let any knights ever reaching higher levels as the longer term they play, the stronger a knight becomes. (Ofc a good guild helps, but helping so much can only get so repetitive before one starts to pretend to be afk/busy).

This particularly endangers their position in the weekly guild battle ranking as knights enter into pvp matches versus archers/mages without troop backups. In battlegrounds, absence of high level knights procures them a safe farming of honor too.

Another factor that can be really infuriating is of course world boss, but recently i found a good combo style that lands me at least 800-950k rewards fully buffed per wb match around top 6-8 (wb’s health of 588mil hp). At least tht’s better than 190k unbuffed rewards with my previous combo move. (Fully buffed- that would only be around 600k). The 800-900k at top 6-8 is at my character’s strength:

Achievable by having 4x L5 patk gem, 4x L6 patk gem, soul crystal level 15, Guild patk level 6, Astral Patk-lvl 6, Will Destroyer -lvl6, Alchemy hero patk lv65, knights 43 with troop patk 45. Though it’s a bit disturbing that i’m getting pushed back by mage/archers that aren’t even casher-crazy lv60 while im 65(except W-lvl69, K-lvl69), d least i’m now in top 10. But You will need the aforesaid items to be in this position. For me, i’m satisfied, but for others without dollar items. i dk.

In conclusion: i’m happy to continue to play leisurely just as soon as i can find a fixed group to do higher mpd that doesnt c-block/boycott another to prevent them from leveling too fast. It’s … a double edge effect for leveling too fast too i guess…..

Flag Post

I don’t have the boycott problem, i’m not in a top 3 guild, so at least i can find casual team if my guildies are unavailable…

The only thing that really make me mad is when people come and say that knights are as good as other class in WB or pvp, or, and i’ve read that somewhere in that forum, that knights are OP because of the talents…
And this is ridiculous

Flag Post

1) knight’s talent sucks just as bad. I only have seal and iron wall. Tyranny is critical dmged eventhough it says skll dmg. Whirlwind talent is patk bleed of the attacked target, not the knight’s patk. Persistence talents cancels out the effect of skill reverse dmg. And the other skills are just as bad.

2) knights can be as good as other class in wb/pvp if they cash as crazily as myself. Otherwise, i agree, they earn 3-4 times lesser than mages and archers and due to poorness, are a terrible class to play on.

3) Just checked, there are only 10 players lvl 65 on my server, 5 mages, 3 archers, 2 knights. And i might not get a group soon becuz 5mage+3 archers = 2 DT pt already. haihz…

4) An archer suggested if the knights have a rage-giver skill to supplement other characters rage to use, then they wouldnt mind taking in a knight for their mpd runs.

5) Im sulking… already as the 5 lvl 64s mages n archers in the other guilds hv boycotted me already. my days are numbered.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wellens85:

Alveolate, I don’t know in which server you play, but in mine (that is the same server of Ybri) there’s only one knight in every WB top ten (and often no knights) and i saw a knight in top 3 only 3 times since i started play in november: once was Ybri, once was me and once was labas.

For the aoe: you start with 30 rage, a mage aoe needs 16, a knight 50, that means 3rd turn…a mage can oneshot your troops during fist turn.

Ok, knight have heal with block, but it’s only 4% HP every block

Archers are better in WB and you can see it in the WB chart
Mages are better in pvp, and you can see it in honor chart
And that’s a fact, not interpretation.

If you want to build a pg that can compete with top mages or archer, you have to spend a lot more than them…and that’s another fact.

And for the mp dung the problem is not how hard is to find a team, the problem is that, for example you can do lv 60 mp dung without knights, but you can’t without archers or mages, and that’s another fact.

i’m not sure what level you are at, that mages can still one-shot your troops. at lv50 & TC 700, knight troops have 12k hp. if mages at that level can shoot a 12k RoF, they have to be packing 15k-20k matk. if you are comparing against mages that are many levels above you, then of course they will clean out your troops easily.

knights are naturally disadvantaged in 1v1 pvp duels because they can’t hit the enemy hero until they (slowly) kill off their troops. Whirlwind is about their only recourse, along with Holy Seal. nonetheless, their disadvantage is balanced by their natural strength: high HP, enhanced block, agoran shield. a good knight should be able to last the opponent’s opening barrage until the knight can cut thru their troops. once you have tore thru the troops, the opponent is pretty much dead.

Originally posted by wellens85:

I don’t have the boycott problem, i’m not in a top 3 guild, so at least i can find casual team if my guildies are unavailable…

The only thing that really make me mad is when people come and say that knights are as good as other class in WB or pvp, or, and i’ve read that somewhere in that forum, that knights are OP because of the talents…
And this is ridiculous

if your experience on your server is different, then perhaps you should try a new server as it opens. getting “mad” when people have a different experience to share… well, that’s a discussion-ender.

indeed, knight’s talents are just as bad (in fact, almost all the talents are bad!) but in terms of WB, we are trying to show how knights can catch up with a good rotation (yes, it’s still playing catch up, but i believe knights can outperform mages in WB). as for pvp, true, the mage’s aoe give knights a headache, but otherwise knights can easily tank an equal-level archer and beat them. 4% HP per block is NOT small… if you block 3-5x a fight (which is quite common), you effectively get 12-20% HP FOR FREE. it quickly snowballs if you stack more HP on your hero, as Agoran shield also counts from your HP (20%). with good def stats, all that extra HP would become even more effective.

i’m not the best player out there, but as far as non-cashers go, i know what i’m doing and i have done the first 4-week dash with a bunch of decent players. with all the new-server events scored and rewards duly obtained, it is a lot easier to stay in front, even without paying. not to mention, if you started on the first day of server, you naturally score more WB than those who join late (especially the early-server low HP, low attendance WB… where you easily score 1% for warrior prizes). if you aspire to be top 20, but started 1-2 weeks after server has started… well, don’t hold your breath. like most MMOs, early birds get stronger faster and then they snowball.

Flag Post

Ok,so you agree with me,you’re telling the same thing i told: knights are naturally disadvantaged.
I have only my server experience, cause it’s the only server i can play in, cause of time zone (and i started like the 3rd or 4th day after server opening): the european one
1) 3 knight in WB top 3 since the opening of the server, one (or sometimes two) in top 10 at every WB; for exemple, last night Redoga: Ybri ended 7th or 8th, i ended 10th…it could be good, but still 1\2 damage of the podium guys and 1\3 (or 1\4 i don’t remember) of the 1st one.
2) honor rank: top 30, only 5 knights (and 4 of the 5 comes from the n1 guild of server, so they win 4 GB every week)

The problem is always there, and you wrote it too: knights need a lot of work to CATCH UP…and that’s because we start behind other classes.
If you cash, you can, at least, compete, but for a non casher knight, it’s basically impossible, more than for non casher archers or mages.

And, btw, my speech was general, i’m in top 20 of my server, so i don’t have so many problems, except when i have to fight with people so much stronger than me (for example, in GB last week a 47k BR mage with 3 teammates not even lv55, basically won 1 vs 4 against a team of two 40k, one 38k and one 35k)…but i think of other people: there are a lot of knights that play with a sort of resignation to be weaker than other classes.