Forums Wartune

[Announcement] 1.5X Patch - The Ultimate Spoiler page 2

40 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by karrde:

I don’t think R2 has a choice. 7road is the game designer.

They do have a choice. I’m sure they have devs of their own so they can implement things that aren’t on the official patch. The chinese version gives out free wings along with the free mount. The cost of balens is higher and shop items are more expensive in the r2 version. Sure, it doesn’t look as big as changing the guild battle but if they DO want to change something, they can.

Flag Post

I don’t think you can really speculate much on exactly how much control R2 has and what changes they can make, as I am sure there are contractual limitations.

Flag Post

I don’t think you can really speculate much on exactly how much control R2 has and what changes they can make, as I am sure there are contractual limitations.

This.

Flag Post

Most Asian games are very strict with people tampering with their code. Not sure why, maybe great dishonor?
Anyway, that isn’t to say R2 couldn’t twist their arm to make them tweak something for us. We make up a large amount of their profit and I’m sure they wouldn’t want to endanger their soon to be 7 digit figures.

Flag Post

The publisher probably has never even seen the code of the game, it’s not their job, all they can do is give feedback and ideas. The fact that they limited GB to 1-8 is obviously a strategy to make more money flow as player will be required to spend more money to push their guilds to the rank of 8th or better.

Think about it, nearly each update of the game has added elements that require money, it’s just how they make money

Flag Post

I understand that but I don’t think it’s impossible for them not to make such changes. If there are such limitations, I’m sure they can ask 7roads permission to do something that isn’t on the official patch to adapt to player’s requests as long as it makes sense. They have a suggestions thread here in the forum and on r2games. What’s the use of those when there’s a good chance someone would make a suggestion that would require them doing something different?

An easier thing for them to do is for them to answer such queries themselves so players aren’t left to speculate. If they actually CARE that is.

Originally posted by Ilfirin666:

The publisher probably has never even seen the code of the game, it’s not their job, all they can do is give feedback and ideas.

I doubt that because that would be very inefficient and stupid. They need to know the game to be able to maintain it.

Flag Post

R2 controls a lot more than people imagine. Lets for instance take a look at wartune.com and the amount of events they had during December. Also look at the amount of events that we get even compared to R2 server. No doomsday package possible no event on valentines day.

R2 are just lazy and and care not an iota about Kongregate servers. Why should they. Lets face it we dont exactly mean a great deal to them. Their customer support to us is literally non existant.

If they can make cash changes then im quite sure that they can make other changes it is simply the fact that they want to make money and cant be bothered.

However that being said roll on this Patch should be a breath of fresh air for a couple of days.

Flag Post

With the new BG overhaul the “sweet spot” levels will be 49, 54, 59 etc. “Worst” levels will be 45, 50, 55 etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Atombender:

With the new BG overhaul the “sweet spot” levels will be 49, 54, 59 etc. “Worst” levels will be 45, 50, 55 etc.

¨

That wont be for a couple months though as that is coming in 1.6…

Flag Post

Needs to be stickied and added to the 1.45+ thread.

Flag Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4fcz6Vkv4

Nice trailer.

Flag Post

What is the Spire? Is it some sort of Crypt for groups?

Flag Post

Pretty much that, it seems very tempting

Flag Post

Why has this not been stickied? At least the info at the beginning should be stickied and locked.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingrecon:

Why has this not been stickied? At least the info at the beginning should be stickied and locked.

We don’t have a moderator.