Forums Wartune

Floating Damage

13 posts

Flag Post

I’ve heard 3 possibilities for what this could mean:

A. Modify your damage by a random amount between 0 and the percentage listed. This can be positive OR negative. So with a normal damage range of 100-120 and a 10% mod, you would do 90-132.

B. As A, but it’s always positive. You would do 100-132.

C. Your entire damage range is kicked up by that percent. You would do 110-132.

Has anyone thoroughly tested to figure out which of these is correct (or if it’s something else entirely)? Any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post

it is a, but your listed numbers are wrong…try 90-110 for easier calc, becoming 80-120, yours would be 99-121 becoming 88-132, base is always 10% each way

Flag Post

To my knowledge, floating damage extends the damage range you can hit within by the percentage listed ([A] on your list).
In other words, it raises your maximum damage and lowers your minimum damage by the percent indicated, giving a rather insignificant increase in average dmg dealt.

I’d personally say that Ruthlessness is not a very worthwhile astral, but it really depends on whether you’re a gambler or not. :)

Flag Post

I am from R2 games I have been testing this astro … I can say without a doubt it sucks balls.. The only time I can see someone using this astro is in bg .. Example—- Archer ruthlessness+Determination 100 rage and hope you get lucky with delphic to kill a higher lv for 200 honor… I used this astro in WB to test against my norm setup .. My overall results ended up getting about 100k less on the three WB that day.. I can easily get 1.2-1.4 % on every boss when i used this astro I was worried I wasnt even going to get my 1% for the bonus … So all in all this astro sucks… I hope this helped .. Phatmonkey mage server 46 lv 66..

Flag Post

Can you explain why u removed my post?

Flag Post

Now thats funny………..♥

Flag Post
Originally posted by SeanE25:

Can you explain why u removed my post?

Looks like the spam filter caught it for some reason.
Sorry about that! You’re good to go, PM me if it happens again.

Flag Post

Ok, thanks everyone.

Flag Post

The real question is, does it add/reduce by a straight up value on the float:
eg. for 10% on 90-110 base float => 80-120

Or does it add/reduce by a % of those values
eg. for 10% on 90-110 base float => 81-121 [90*(100-10)% and 110*(100+10)%]

In the first case, the average damage stays 100%, HOWEVER in the second case the average damage went up to 101%. This would mean that in the second case if float is already big on it’s own and then you add an extra percentual float, you could significantly increase your average damage.
eg. for lvl 5 enhanced ruthlessness = 35% extra float and 50-150 base float => 32.5-202.5 => resulting in an average damage of 117.5%

So it is possible the ruthlessness astral is actually very useful (especially for WB when you don’t need your defensive astrals), but we’d need a bunch of concrete info from the devs.
a) is the increase like the first or the second case, if it’s the first, average damage never changes, so it’s only useful if you plan on getting really lucky
b) if it’s like the second case, we’d need more info on base float:
b.1) how big is the base float
b.2) is it the same for all skills or do the delphics for instance have a bigger base float than the “basic” skills

Flag Post

Nice thread necro atleast :)

To my knowledge it is the first case for the range, 35% extra would move it to 55-145% from 90-110

base float is 90-110% and should be so for all skills…crits do however seem to have a larger “range”

Flag Post

My own two cents. I tried out wb for a day with this at about the 45% level (don’t remember exact number). I typically get about 3m gold/daru per wb, and I got EXACTLY THE SAME amount for the day. Some rounds I did great, some rounds I did terrible, and it averaged out to the same as w/o the astral over the day. What this means is I believe gruntarswe is correct – the % modifier is added, not multiplied. If Atomslaya was correct, and you really could get a 20% increase in damage, people would have realized that by now (because it would be immediately apparent to anyone who tried) and everybody would be using it for wb.

Flag Post

i’ve been testing it extensively myself and i don’t see any significant change in gold gained on average myself with or without it
so i’m gonna clasify ruthlessness as useless and dump that astral and it’s xp into a usefull one :D

Flag Post

too bad it doesnt do something like expand up 40% and down 20%, cause then it would have a use.