Forums Wartune

How is World Prosperity Calculated?

9 posts

Flag Post

How is it calculated? I learned it as being outside of the top 100 on the server. Clearly that is wrong, since I’m hovering near the 250 spot and sometimes I get 1% WP and sometimes I don’t. I would appreciate any equations on how to find it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingrecon:

How is it calculated? I learned it as being outside of the top 100 on the server. Clearly that is wrong, since I’m hovering near the 250 spot and sometimes I get 1% WP and sometimes I don’t. I would appreciate any equations on how to find it.

From what I can gather, it’s the average of XP or levels of the top 100 rounded down.

Flag Post

From what I can gather, it’s the average of XP or levels of the top 100 rounded down.

The average? The way you just put it, it seems like WP should never decrease. Is it the average of EXP or levels rounded down, and then divided by your EXP or level? That’s the only logical thing I can think of right now..

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainingrecon:

The average? The way you just put it, it seems like WP should never decrease. Is it the average of EXP or levels rounded down, and then divided by your EXP or level? That’s the only logical thing I can think of right now..

I don’t know the exact ratio between the level deficit and the applied bonus – but since top levels take an age to complete as well as the talent/CSBG threshold, the average likely will not budge much. You, however, you will level at a breakneck pace over time.

Edit: The bonus % is rounded down. This is why players approaching the top 100 (say, for example, top 150 or 200) lose the 1% bonus they had – even though they aren’t at the average XP or level quite yet.

Flag Post

well, i tested it on server 4 (Oceanic)… the bonus stopped when i reached lv45 (i had exactly 1% bonus at lv44), yet NONE of the top 100 were below level 48 at least.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

well, i tested it on server 4 (Oceanic)… the bonus stopped when i reached lv45 (i had exactly 1% bonus at lv44), yet NONE of the top 100 were below level 48 at least.

It’s either rounded or rounded down. We noticed it here as well after bugging a lot of players about the percentage buff he or she had.

Flag Post

Think the patch notes said (avarage level of top 100) -5 = first level to recive xp bonus

Edit, here is from the guide to 1.45 part1:

World Prosperity – From this day forward, if a player’s level is five levels below the average level of the Top 100 in the level rankings, that player will receive bonus experience. In order to receive this bonus experience, players must also be at least level 20. Lastly, the bonus percentage is dependent on the level difference between the player and the average level of the Top 100. The larger the margin, the more bonus experience the player will receive.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread.php?37319-Guide-to-the-1.45-Patch-Part-One&p=281400&viewfull=1#post281400

Flag Post

thanks grunt. that explains EVERYTHING. lol

Flag Post

Thanks a bunch grunt! =)