Forums Wartune

Free Player Devastation

12 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been playing non stop for over 2 months now and was pretty much able to keep up to most cashers that just had wings and some sockets, but this patch officially destroys any chance free players have from lvl 1.

How did R2 listen to there players concerns that cashers were way overpowered than free players? by making them insanely more overpowered then they already were. PvP fights are a joke now.. 3 Lunatic Fire from 3 archers to start a round? No way to defend against all the new dmg. Fights are done in a couple rounds.

Enjoy the game cashers.. Guess they’ll be merging alot of servers now that free players are doing a mass exodus from this game.

Guess R2 games might learn now that you can’t make money from a free 2 play game if you destroy any chance free players have. Not everyone is gonna pay for your insane greed. Gonna have 1 server of all cashers soon.

Flag Post

let’s break it down more precisely, shall we?

yes, 3 archers starting with LF is gonna rawk GA. in fact, even cheaper builds (just 1pc of lv1 clothing each) can produce 3 archers starting with DF, to melt the poor sucker(s) at the back.

yes, 3 knights can hit WW on round 2. in fact, they can START with WW with 3pc lv2 clothings. who says knights can’t hit rear?

yes, 3 mages can now go Rain – Meteor – Rain without having to pause for a bolt anywhere. if you thought 3x LF is scary… wait till you meet 3×3 AoE hell. one of the mages could even mix in a Damnation for good measure.

but weirdly, i still managed a 29-1 record on my free lv52 archer. i guess i lucked out today? or maybe the cashers are still trying to figure out how to make clothing work. i do realise that if GA matches me against weird looking guys, it’s pretty much a guaranteed loss… of 10 insigs i could otherwise earn.

the new BG would also theoretically be worse… since you apparently lose 40 rage in between rounds now (i stored up 95 rage in one fight, then dropped to 55 rage in the next), unclothed players can’t just store rage and hope to start with something cool. but i can’t really tell, since i’m lv52 in the 50-59 bracket… and i ended up in a really tough BG with multiple 55+ on opponent team.

i think the scariest part is when GB restarts next week… my server has a mage with clothes lv4/4/5, for a total of 65 starting rage. it won’t be hard for him to delph the front row every now and then…

nonetheless, despite things becoming harder for non-cashers in GA / BG / GB… these three aren’t the major progression events in the game. yes, we will lose some juicy rewards, but not at all “devastating”.

Flag Post

From what I read from your posts it looks like all free players should migrate to your server, since the opposition seems very weak there with few real cashers around. Don’t presume it’s like that on all servers though. ;)

Flag Post

This terrible patch has ruined many things. From increased lag to messed up events, to ill thought out gimmicks to destroying game balance. For part two, why not make dark knight and warlocks cash only units. That’d please the fuck out of the paying crowds I bet. More cash for more power without a single shred of design insight.

When archers actually used LF in battle, those devastated mages. They were thankfully stopped from abusing that skill due to the cost in rage. Now they can spam 3 first turn which means they will melt mages 3x as fast. Is that play testing R2? you put that idiotic rage gimmick into the game and now with every passing day it gets harder and harder to rescind your mistake.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Thunder787:

Is that play testing R2? you put that idiotic rage gimmick into the game and now with every passing day it gets harder and harder to rescind your mistake.

Believe it or not, in China this game is running patch 1.6. Somehow the patch 1.5 was probably well received over there?

Flag Post

firstly, i hear that the Spire (coming in part 2) will drop “fashion shards”, which for 10 or so pieces can be synthed into fashion cores, so clothing/wings might actually be available for non-cashers later on.

secondly, there is no longer such a thing as an “easy server”, except for just solo duels… GA and BG are both cross-server now. it is really dumb luck (or whatever they call their GA/BG matching algorithm) whether u get good GA/BG runs. just for comparison, today’s GA was terrible for me… barely a 10win-20loss run. a LOT more groups starting with higher rage spells, so it DOES make a difference… of 100-200 insigs/PvP points.

if i may opine on my own experience, i believe i am just more prosaic about being behind the cashers. some non-cashers seem to believe they have the “right” to match up with cashers in strength; whereas i simply don’t believe that is possible or even fair. i’m just content being a few steps behind the cashers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

if i may opine on my own experience, i believe i am just more prosaic about being behind the cashers. some non-cashers seem to believe they have the “right” to match up with cashers in strength; whereas i simply don’t believe that is possible or even fair. i’m just content being a few steps behind the cashers.

It takes a few bucks to catch up to the so called cashers. I didnt pay much, around 50$, do have a great time, and am very glad with the performance of my champ.
I dont care about the top 10, its enough to beat those guys in GB with a few guild mates.

If they dont want to pay anything at all, they can still play towerdefense. You wont get a p2p for nothing either.

Flag Post

my take on it is this: until now, with the exception of wings, the main advantage of being a cash player has been time. no cooldowns – upgrade faster; vip wheel – get more stuff faster. add to that more gold, kyanite, daru and vouchers, and they can do more faster overall. as a free player, you could keep up by being smart with your time and being a little lucky here and there. with clothing, i’ve watched players pick up anywhere from 2k-4k br along with added rage. even moderate cashers can’t keep up and they’re the ones who are more devastated by getting pwned in arena and bg as us non-cashers have been here before – up against op players whose only advantage is $$.

in the short run the advantage is shockingly obvious, but there are some other long-term advantages that will be hard to overcome, even if there are some “random” drops of clothing items. those arena losses that didn’t matter suddenly do, as the op “supermodels” will rack up x-server points which get them pvp rewards. in bg, where honor level used to be an indication as to the strength of a player, we’re now seeing elite warriors in the 50-59 group who can dominate some crusaders without dryad at all and can pick up hundreds and even thousands of honor with just a few kills (while sitting a friend’s account in the 40-49 group i saw a lvl47 with 42k br, needless to say he had no competition). these gains come with rewards and with rewards come advantage.

can the non-cash player “survive”? i’m sure it’s possible, but now the grind has gotten that much harder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by misterchi:

my take on it is this: until now, with the exception of wings, the main advantage of being a cash player has been time. no cooldowns – upgrade faster; vip wheel – get more stuff faster. add to that more gold, kyanite, daru and vouchers, and they can do more faster overall. as a free player, you could keep up by being smart with your time and being a little lucky here and there. with clothing, i’ve watched players pick up anywhere from 2k-4k br along with added rage. even moderate cashers can’t keep up and they’re the ones who are more devastated by getting pwned in arena and bg as us non-cashers have been here before – up against op players whose only advantage is $$.

in the short run the advantage is shockingly obvious, but there are some other long-term advantages that will be hard to overcome, even if there are some “random” drops of clothing items. those arena losses that didn’t matter suddenly do, as the op “supermodels” will rack up x-server points which get them pvp rewards. in bg, where honor level used to be an indication as to the strength of a player, we’re now seeing elite warriors in the 50-59 group who can dominate some crusaders without dryad at all and can pick up hundreds and even thousands of honor with just a few kills (while sitting a friend’s account in the 40-49 group i saw a lvl47 with 42k br, needless to say he had no competition). these gains come with rewards and with rewards come advantage.

can the non-cash player “survive”? i’m sure it’s possible, but now the grind has gotten that much harder.

And how clothing affects BR again?

Flag Post

^^ Each piece of level 1 clothing provides +5 to your staring rage, and it stacks with the +30 from PVP gear. So a full set of level 1 clothing plus PVP gear means +50 starting rage. The clothing bonus increases by 2 with each level. So a fully-decked out player in level 4 clothing (yes I’ve seen them) get +74 rage. There is simply no mechanism by which a no-balen player can compete with that.

The actual displayed BR doesn’t change, but you’ll get nuked into oblivion by those guys. It’s a disgusting game-balance shifting act aimed squarely in favor of the heavy cashers.

Flag Post

lv 4 is only 11 per part, so 63 starting…for 71 you need a 6 and 2 5’s…just a small correction :) wings do not give starting rage

Flag Post

Whoops, my bad. No need raging against clothing more than it deserves!