Forums Wartune

Balancing Wartune

26 posts

Flag Post

I decided to help start a thread to discuss how Wartune can be more Balanced. Many players would think this game is unbalanced in many ways. So write your argument of why Wartune is unbalanced.

Before you write, you must abide to the rules:
When righting your passage:
which part is unbalanced
at least 5 sentences
at least 2 reasons
reasonable and understandable

Comments:
Choose your side
NO SPAMMING
NO UNREASONABLE COMMENTS
DON"T WASTE FORUM SPACE FOR OTHER TOPICS
DON"T POST INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS

Good luck!!

Flag Post

Example and also something that needs to be considered.

I’ve notice some balance issues between players, especially in the BATTLEGROUND!! First, players from a variety of levels will come in the crystal field and do mainly 3 roles. The first role is obvious, stealing the crystals and run for your DAMN life! Second, go kill the enemy lancer or bombardier and form a blockade for unlucky noobs. Third and most violent role is the bully itself. The “bully” is the guys or girl who gets 5+kill streaks on any unlucky fellow from the crystal field. What I’m saying that the levels between players are too high in difference. So a noob tries Battleground for his first time. The noob is a level 35 and joins and asks for information or just view the surroundings. As soon as the battle starts he rush to get the crystals. 9/10 people who farm crystals often get slaughtered twice or more. Luckily for the noob he died only once. This demonstrates that the Battlefield in Wartune is unbalanced there need to be a level selection. Such as level 30-40 players and 41-50 players. This will not only help the game to be balanced but also increase popularity to the Battlefield.

Please post comments below to comment on why my reasoning is good or not and etc.

Flag Post

dying in arenas at lower levels pose no threat at all.

most will attempt to play the bully and most will not steal crystals at 30’s-50’s

Flag Post

I dissagree with the BG-issue, earlier it was by far worse: you entered the bg, someone already killed your knights and spawncamped at your entrance, and even with dryards 9 you as lvl 45 wouldnt stand a chance against the mean lvl 69 and his lvl 69 knights that would solo you.
At the situation how it is now the “Noob” can go out be killed twice and if he isnt totaly ill equiped will be able to take on most people (dryards blessing… ).
Also I do not see how the game should punish you for being stronger than others in your levelrange.

Flag Post

What if the level max was 30-45, and 46-60. Then that should be more since you have the “Bully”, the “Victim” and the “Blockade” without any of them being way too overpowered.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GoliathAA:

What if the level max was 30-45, and 46-60. Then that should be more since you have the “Bully”, the “Victim” and the “Blockade” without any of them being way too overpowered.

… Did you even consider the lvl 45 becoming the new bully ?

Flag Post

Isnt it already 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 etc?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gruntarswe:

Isnt it already 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 etc?

it is

Flag Post

Martijn is totaly right, the strongest will always bully others around, only way to avoid that would be to split bgs after br in steps of 100 br

Flag Post
Originally posted by xas1x:

Martijn is totaly right, the strongest will always bully others around, only way to avoid that would be to split bgs after br in steps of 100 br

Yes, 1-2 ppl in every bg will always be so great fun XD

Flag Post

lol sorry then, i never checked on the BG for levels 30-40 and 50-60 thing. My bad :(.

Flag Post

I dont know why people are talking about bg? but i think there is a big issue with paying member and free members, Free member cant win paying member couse they have too good gear to fight with… so the game is pretty much pay to win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jone991:

I dont know why people are talking about bg? but i think there is a big issue with paying member and free members, Free member cant win paying member couse they have too good gear to fight with… so the game is pretty much pay to win.

yeah its “free-To-Play, but Pay-To-Win”
not really much any of us can do, Wartune is a Business (or at least a product of one) and is intended to make money.
Though many refuse to pay, enough people do to encourage these ridiculous prices to continue. sorry to all of our wallets/purses.

Flag Post

If you really enjoy the game stop eating every breakfast-lunch-dinner at Mcdonalds save up $14 bucks a month and cash it.
I’m in the top 40 of S2 and I have barely cashed only like 20 bucks a month. If you dont like paying then its your own problem, some of us do and even some mortage their own houses to play this… lol but its true. Stop whining over and over about BG its already balanced.

Flag Post

Anyway, BG needs rotation like this:
Even months 30-39, 40-49, 50-59.
Odd months 30-44, 45-54, 55-64.

Flag Post
Originally posted by elderfadeev:

Anyway, BG needs rotation like this:
Even months 30-39, 40-49, 50-59.
Odd months 30-44, 45-54, 55-64.

no

Flag Post

lol what does the Even and Odd months rotation do when the current format of 30-39 and 40-49 is better in every single way. Yes it is a pay to win, but like Giovanni said u really only need VIP which is like $7 a month and if u are online a lot than you can be strong enough to get all the gear you need. Also if there was no way to bully in BG and it was actually sorted by BR than no one would ever get Lord Divine because it would be probably impossible to get 3k honor a day even with 4 BG. The game is just a constant grind and money allows you to shorten it considerably but really there are only a few items that you cant get in this game since cloth and most mounts can be collected from events in the past and now. People just need to chill over this game, its just a pay to win or more importantly a stay online 24 hours to win, because if you play long enough you will eventually get whatever you might need. The only thing I can see that is remotely unbalanced in this game is the new troops but apparently it is going to get better with the new patch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by carnegieyk:

lol what does the Even and Odd months rotation do when the current format of 30-39 and 40-49 is better in every single way. Yes it is a pay to win, but like Giovanni said u really only need VIP which is like $7 a month and if u are online a lot than you can be strong enough to get all the gear you need. Also if there was no way to bully in BG and it was actually sorted by BR than no one would ever get Lord Divine because it would be probably impossible to get 3k honor a day even with 4 BG. The game is just a constant grind and money allows you to shorten it considerably but really there are only a few items that you cant get in this game since cloth and most mounts can be collected from events in the past and now. People just need to chill over this game, its just a pay to win or more importantly a stay online 24 hours to win, because if you play long enough you will eventually get whatever you might need. The only thing I can see that is remotely unbalanced in this game is the new troops but apparently it is going to get better with the new patch.

I really don’t think the new troops unbalance the game, but maybe we don’t see eye to eye. The battlegrounds are hard when you reach lv30, but when you get to the later levels it becomes much easier. The thing with staying online 24 hours isn’t a good idea. People have jobs or are students, they can’t be online all the time. I do though support the idea about free and paying players, it’s gotten really out of hand.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xas1x:

yea but all you have to do is take off items and join a lower br room then put on items and pot up

Flag Post

Explain me “every single way” please. Is the goal of the game only to keep the high honor title to win? The consequences are hanging on levels 29, 39, 49, 59. I think the game should not dictate only the one successful way always to win. Brake this to make game more interesting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by elderfadeev:

Explain me “every single way” please. Is the goal of the game only to keep the high honor title to win? The consequences are hanging on levels 29, 39, 49, 59. I think the game should not dictate only the one successful way always to win. Brake this to make game more interesting.

i dont really know how to explain this, but yes, you do need the high honor titles and camping to win.

its the decision of those campers to camp, hence they should technically own.

if u get owned at lets say lvl 44 in a lvl 40-49 bg, just tell yourself that your turn to own will come soon.

assuming you get a high enough br and troop level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by brussier33:

The thing with staying online 24 hours isn’t a good idea. People have jobs or are students, they can’t be online all the time.

And yet the top players pretty much are the “online 8+ hours a day” type, combined with at least $20/month in cash (sometimes a lot more than that). That’s just the nature of games like this. Those who have time & money to burn will get to the top. The rest of us simply cannot ever catch them. I could burn the money on this but I can’t burn the time (I work a regular job, have a fiance at home, etc) hence I see no point to “balening up” my character. I just accept that my toon’s lot in life is to be a middle-of-the-pack guy. I’m in my third month of VIP as a way to support the devs, but I’m wavering on whether to go a fourth month; I’m tiring of the grind.

Anyway, if I had a point, it’s that GiovanniV is only partly correct. A small $ investment will work if you can spend multiple hours per day on the game, every day. If you can’t, you’ll need much bigger $ to catch up though I doubt you can catch up at all. The biggest example is the exorbitant cost of the 50 and 60 PvE sets and to make them legendary. If you want them, you simply have to make summoner runs in the MP dungeons, meaning you need the time to sit through the same fight over & over again, and you need the skeleton keys (read: balens) to do so day after day. If you don’t have the time nor $ to do that, you ain’t getting those sets.

Flag Post

Brussier33 Im not sure what level you are or what stage of the game you are in, but if you dont realize that the new troops favor certain classes more than you probably have no clue what you are talking about. Also I never mentioned that staying 24 hours is a good idea, obviously it is not possible for most players and even if it was most players wouldnt want to. But like optimus2861 mentioned, the reality is that majority of big and medium cashiers are on 7+ hours a day and to be honest if you were really organized and had a set group for your mp runs you could do everything you needed in quite a small amount of time. You just cant simply complain cause you get wrecked in arena or BG because you play probably 3-4 hours less than the big grinders everyday and say game is broken or something along those lines. And if they also are VIP and cash beyond that what do you really expect? To be able to go toe to toe playing 30 mins everyday when someone cashes and plays several hours a day? There are several people in many server who is just VIP ($7 a month, or even not) but play 2-3 hours and are doing very fine infact losing only to those that cash big and they arent complaining.

Flag Post
Originally posted by carnegieyk:

Brussier33 Im not sure what level you are or what stage of the game you are in, but if you dont realize that the new troops favor certain classes more than you probably have no clue what you are talking about. Also I never mentioned that staying 24 hours is a good idea, obviously it is not possible for most players and even if it was most players wouldnt want to. But like optimus2861 mentioned, the reality is that majority of big and medium cashiers are on 7+ hours a day and to be honest if you were really organized and had a set group for your mp runs you could do everything you needed in quite a small amount of time. You just cant simply complain cause you get wrecked in arena or BG because you play probably 3-4 hours less than the big grinders everyday and say game is broken or something along those lines. And if they also are VIP and cash beyond that what do you really expect? To be able to go toe to toe playing 30 mins everyday when someone cashes and plays several hours a day? There are several people in many server who is just VIP ($7 a month, or even not) but play 2-3 hours and are doing very fine infact losing only to those that cash big and they arent complaining.

I have pretty good knowledge about this game despite playing this it for less than a year. I do know that the templars are a player favorite over warlock. You also didn’t say that staying online 24 hours is a bad idea, you said that people who stay online longer get more because it’s a pay to win or as you said, " stay online 24 hours to win". I have no problems with bg or arena, but I do have problems with the gap between cashers and non cashers. I understand that those who pay should have an advantage, but not an absolute, no questions asked win when fighting a non cashed player. Finally, why are you questioning my level and where I am in the game? Are you taking into account that I’m a lower leveled player that I don’t have any understanding about the lv 50 troops?

Flag Post

i would say new troop benefit mage most,sure knight will get a hard time,unless they can buff up tons of hp with gem/astral,especilally pve mage one bl/restoration and sun combo all the knight’s effort has to be do it again,knight can win mage possibly with seal priority or use rune,otherwise no way for them to win a similar br mage with same lv of templar