Forums Wartune

[Guide] Fullscreen Wartune

12 posts

Flag Post

I’m sure we would all like to play wartune in fullscreen, rather than the cramped little window it’s put in in Kongregate. Here is a small guide on how to be able to play the game (almost) fullscreen.

First, make a bookmarklet. You make a bookmarklet by making a bookmark to javascript code rather than to a URL. The way this is done changes per browser but shouldn’t differ too much.

For chrome, do the following:
- Go to the menu (in the top right) → Bookmarks → Bookmark manager.
- Rightclick and select ‘Add page…’ (so basically, add a bookmark)
- In the Name field, fill in anything you like
- In the URL field, copy the following:

javascript:(function(){
	var v = "1.3.2";
	if (window.jQuery === undefined || window.jQuery.fn.jquery < v) {
		var done = false;
		var script = document.createElement("script");
		script.src = "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/" + v + "/jquery.min.js";
		script.onload = script.onreadystatechange = function(){
			if (!done && (!this.readyState || this.readyState == "loaded" || this.readyState == "complete")) {
				done = true;
				initBookmarklet();
			}
		};
		document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(script);
	} else {
		initBookmarklet();
	}	
	function initBookmarklet() {
		(window.Bookmarklet = function() {
			$('#contentdiv').height(0);
			$('#contentdiv').height("100%");
                        $('#contentdiv').width("100%");
			$('#gameframe').height($(window).height() - $('#eventframe').height());
			$("#gameframe").contents().find("#GameSwf").width("100%");
			$("#gameframe").contents().find("#GameSwf").height("100%");
			$(window).resize(function() {
				$('#gameframe').height($(window).height() - $('#eventframe').height());
			});
		})();
	}
})();

Your bookmarklet is now done! For other browsers, the method should be very similar if not entirely the same.

After you’ve done this, load up wartune and on the server select screen, shift click on the server you want to play on (or rightclick → open in new tab/window). A new window should open with the same screen (this is what has been advised so far as full screen mode). In this new tab or window just log in by selecting your server as you normally would. All that’s left to do now is clicking your bookmark(let) while on that page and you’ll have fullscreen mode.

Have fun.

Disclaimer:
1. This doesn’t provide true fullscreen; the flash is stretched to the maximum size your browser window has available. This may cause some minor display issues within the flash itself, such as pieces of interface falling off the background. This is, in my opinion, a small price to pay for a greatly increased viewport however.
2. Also, if you collapse or expand the bar at the top you will have to click the bookmark again. But hey, I don’t mind.

Flag Post

Great work. :)

Flag Post

Anata wa sugoi desu ne.

Flag Post
Originally posted by YbrikIkus09:

Anata wa sugoi desu ne.

i believe he’s seeking to do something to you to express thanks that involves tentacles according to google translate.

Flag Post

Awesome!!!!!!! It works!!!! except i’m using a laptop to play, so mine is widescreen to the MAX!!!

Originally posted by TarkkaBear:
Originally posted by YbrikIkus09:

Anata wa sugoi desu ne.

i believe he’s seeking to do something to you to express thanks that involves tentacles according to google translate.

It’s japanese for “You are so cool, man.”

Flag Post

Actually, a better translation for “You are so cool, man” would be “Omae ga kakkoi da ne” or お前がかっこいいだね. “Sugoi” pretty much means “amazing.”

Flag Post

Azn’s a better Japanese fan than i am. Omae wa Kakkoi da ne. And he writes in perfect Japanese which i cant do from just watching years of subbed Japanese anime.

Flag Post

thanks for the awesome javascript! this really makes daru pearl hunting a lot easier :)

btw, for those of you who misread it and fumbled like me, you’re supposed to click the bookmarklet AFTER you load the game! lol~ took me a while to reread the instructions and realise i’m an idiot :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

thanks for the awesome javascript! this really makes daru pearl hunting a lot easier :)

btw, for those of you who misread it and fumbled like me, you’re supposed to click the bookmarklet AFTER you load the game! lol~ took me a while to reread the instructions and realise i’m an idiot :)

In fact, I did not actually state that. I’ll add it for clarity. Thanks!

Flag Post

most modern browsers have a fullscreen mode somewhere… with the flash stretched across entire browser window, setting to fullscreen (usually F11 does it) DOES make the game really fullscreen!

as the disclaimer stated, some of the interface goes a little bit off in fullscreen mode (particularly HD resolution 1980×1080) but it is really minor. for the most part, the buttons still remain near the edges of the screen.

fullscreen allows you to see A LOT MORE in the wilds, so you can find gold mines / managogs / castles A LOT EASIER. it can also be helpful in dungeons so u can click less to go further. special mention for Void: you can watch your teammate go lure / pull the blue pergus guys guarding the Yaros portal, so he doesn’t have to fight them alone and still type “COME NOW!!!”

Flag Post

It didn’t work…
Well i think i did something wrong. :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by MerveG2:

It didn’t work…
Well i think i did something wrong. :(

There’s a fullscreen-Button since a month. You don’t need this script now.
Look in the upper left of your game.