Forums Wartune

Wartune Community Leader Needed

29 posts

Flag Post

Look guys, Knowing Eyes stepped down from his position and we need someone to take his place. This thread was made for us to find that person! To quote KE:

Originally posted by KnowingEyes:

Please. Someone step up. I’ll endorse anyone. If we don’t fight for one, either we don’t get one or everyone starts to post his or her official writeups for events, etc. :(

This is the time to step up! V for Vendetta closed our last topic since it was labeled “moderator” and technically you aren’t “voted” for the position. But here we need something more than a moderator, we need a community representative or leader! This way the information posted in these forums follows and nice format and we can always find what we need. Thanks guys and I’ll let someone step forward to suggest a person/themselves.

Edit: Here’s what KE has to say about it.

It’s difficult to state what to do as a mod/vet – as you get trained a tad in their chat program. Basically, you scrounge for information and relay it here in an easy to read format. You’re pretty much on your own. Pay is naught.

But never fear, you will have our undying gratitude!

Flag Post

personally you will need to be more specific in my opinion. Are we looking for a forum moderator who does posts updates from r2 forums? Is that what you are asking for?

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/307802-announcement-wartune-now-seeking-a-kongrgate-moderator?page=2

the coppa link is broken, doesn’t work. Couldn’t KE nominate someone from ingame?
Lastly couldn’t there be more than 1 perhaps? A council or something. Just pointing it out, unless you pay the person for time they give, not likely to get someone reliable. Instead we should have a group of volunteers who update forums.

Also is it really necessary to have one? community seems to be fine without in my opinion.

Flag Post

Well I am just a player here and have no link to R2 so I honestly dont know. I suppose we’d need KE to give us the low down as to what all he did/does and see if anyone can do that!

KE is no longer a moderator so he cannot fix the old thread.

This is dead: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/228-wartune/topics/307802-announcement-wartune-now-seeking-a-kongrgate-moderator?page=2 No longer open due to VforVendetta closing it

As for KE nominating someone, I dont know if KE knows anyone who wants to step forward, this is me trying to get that going.

Flag Post

so basically KE needs to state specifically what he does. Then we can have people applying. Most people won’t want to do something if they have no idea what they are going to do.

Flag Post

It’s difficult to state what to do as a mod/vet – as you get trained a tad in their chat program. Basically, you scrounge for information and relay it here in an easy to read format. You’re pretty much on your own. Pay is naught.

Flag Post

Well, there’s your problem, KE. You have been doing a lousy job (not personally, the job is lousy) for no pay, and with a company that seems to delight in pissing off the community with poor customer service, pay to win mechanics that keep on getting more and more convulted, as well as a game design that states the best people will be the ones that either pay the most, or are robots that can be on 24/7. Of course noone’s going to want to deal with that.

The want of being a community manager has to start with the company having a system that interests people. I only do this to waste time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Silverfire:

Well, there’s your problem, KE. You have been doing a lousy job (not personally, the job is lousy) for no pay, and with a company that seems to delight in pissing off the community with poor customer service, pay to win mechanics that keep on getting more and more convulted, as well as a game design that states the best people will be the ones that either pay the most, or are robots that can be on 24/7. Of course noone’s going to want to deal with that.

The want of being a community manager has to start with the company having a system that interests people. I only do this to waste time.

Well said, Silverfire!
I couldn’t agree more with you and hope that this finally makes R2 see that their greed is ruining everything.

Flag Post

Hey, guys. I just wanted to let you know that I’m keeping an eye on things here.

I’ve played Wartune a bit, up to the Medium badge. While I’m not super familiar with the game’s mechanics, I have a general idea of how things work. I’ll be reading up on this forum, but as always, if you see anything questionable, please flag it.

A “community leader” is really nice, and it would probably be helpful. Someone that is looked up to and can help answer any questions that are asked. I encourage you all to definitely find someone that you think is suitable. :) However, being a forum moderator is a little different, since we can see flags and hide posts/lock threads and whatnot. With that being said, if you think of someone that would make a good forum moderator, don’t hesitate to send their names to support@kongregate.com and the administrators will take the person into consideration.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Flag Post

Someone whom is reputable please send R2 a ticket as they have to start the process.

Flag Post

Someone whom is reputable please send R2 a ticket as they have to start the process.

that would be you chief.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TarkkaBear:

that would be you chief.

I have. :( All I can do now is recommend a petition of sorts: Either many players send a deluge of tickets about this or spam their forums. :(

Flag Post

Are you suggesting we send tickets in to keep you as the person? I suppose I am slightly confused as to what we should write to R2 in our tickets

Flag Post
Originally posted by doom47:

Are you suggesting we send tickets in to keep you as the person? I suppose I am slightly confused as to what we should write to R2 in our tickets

No. Everyone decide on whom to elect and then submit that via ticket. You know, complain about not being up to date on promotions/activities/events. :)

Flag Post

No. Everyone decide on whom to elect and then submit that via ticket. You know, complain about not being up to date on promotions/activities/events. :)

Except we’d all vote for you lol

Flag Post

Please don’t. My spare time is coming to an end. Someone make a poll type thing and tally. Please. :(

Flag Post

I would apply but I don’t take being treated like crap and bugged 24/7 well. (especially for free)
Why can’t you be mod KE I didn’t catch why if you said

Flag Post

I’m not complaining at all. I hope someone feels the need to be a moderator. Though the benefits are not present, the community on QQ is. Every member is respectful and helpful. :)

Flag Post

I’d be interested applying for the job if it will help out Kong players get & comment on the information after KE stops being able to.
I don’t really mind thankless work and would love to contribute in whatever way towards making this a better game. I have plenty of prior forum experience and experience relaying information.

If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. :)

Flag Post

I’d be willing to help as well, even if it’s just organizational work. All the important patch and event info getting lost / separated into a billion different threads because nobody can perform mod functions is ridiculous. The valentine’s event thread is already in danger of being pushed to the 2nd page where most people won’t even see it. ):

Is there any way we can get Kong to assign us another forum mod? Even one who doesn’t play Wartune? They can at least fix the thread mess for the players, even if they don’t know a thing about the actual game.

Flag Post

atreylune, I’ve been keeping up on this forum section for the last few days. :)

I honestly haven’t been doing much, but it doesn’t seem like I need to. I’ve mostly just been looking for insults and obvious troll threads. I’d be more then happy to stick around, so I can ask about that, if I’m wanted. :)

What do you mean specifically, about the “thread mess”?

Flag Post

Knowingeye was awesome as a mod/rep

I vote for knowingeyes again even thou i know he cant commit :)

Hopefully the next guy who take over isn’t some self obsessed righteous idiot a.k.a overly sensitive idiot which many kong mods are these day and go around locking thread base on his own justification/emotional state.

We got alot of idiot mods on kong these days

Flag Post
Oh, nice! Mind if I get you list of things that should be stickied/moved/organized?

Unsticky:
(Patch 1.45, outdated now) here
(Troop count; already in the Guide thread) here

Sticky:
(Valentine's Event) here

Merge into 1.5 Patch Preview thread:
(Clothing) here
(Ultimate Spoiler) here

Merge into Maintenance thread:
(2/7 & 2/14) here

Flag Post

Some great choices here. :)

Flag Post

here’s to hoping.

Flag Post

well, we have Silske, atreylune, and adv0catus. i say we let the 3 of them try out for a few weeks :)