Forums Wartune

Problem with Knights

111 posts

Flag Post

Hello, I’m sure a lot of people have said this but i just wanted to write this. I believe that knights are underpowered, i mean a mage or archer can beat us no problem.I was fighting an archer and he got 2 hits on me ( as in hit once went back and hit again) and i only got 1 hit i think this is really unfair on the knights behalf. Only the knights that spent a lot of money on this game are a match to the mages or archers who spent almost half or less of what they spent.I really want knight to be more equal to the other classes or the other classes were weaker for us knights to beat. Thank you for your time I hope you take this into consideration when updating the game. I would also like to know when the patch 1.5 is coming out on the kongregate servers.I hope everyone can see and i hope the moderators will see and talk to r2games about it. If you have any question reply to this topic or PM me ingame my nick is asan and im on server 3 europe. Thanks all.

Flag Post

This kind of thread needs to be deleted. It is too vague and too general. Yes knights are underpowered early on but they get stronger later, also they are the hardest to level, but any class can beat another class if said player is a heavy casher. Please post your stats, level and information on opponent. Here’s whats wrong.

1. We don’t know anything about your character
2. We don’t know anything about the archer
3. Are you a major casher? Ybrik did point out that a knight slightly weaker than him only spent $200, also he didn’t reach endgame yet, only midgame, 60s midgame since, 1st 50 levels were a blur. That’s also only a tiny portion of player population. Heavy cashers may be 5% or less, 10 to 20% light, (vip only and wings), rest are free players, so how can you generalize on the few?

Flag Post

Wow is this for real? Was thinking of starting out as a warrior type. So is it essentially screwed compared to the ranged characters?

This doesn’t look nice at all. :(

Flag Post

its not screwed. Its much harder to play that’s all. Think of it this way.

Mage is on easy. Can pass campaigns no problems with purification, heals and always needed for multi dungeons past 40+ and up.

Archers on normal. Doesn’t really shine until necropolis catacomb. Needed for multi dungeons 50 and up. Nice 10% damage passive for group and debuff warriors skills. Earns the most in wb.

Warriors, hard to level. Weak in pvp until 50+ if your a casher, 60+ if your a free player.

Flag Post

i like using knight it gives the game more of a challenge with mage it’s jus rape this rape that xD

Flag Post

I always pick melee classes in RPG’s :p

Yes, Knights are the “weakest” class in terms of DPS which is a major loss of income compared to the other classes on WB’s and they’re not even the best class at soloing. However I’ve come to accept the flaws and try to enjoy the class for what it does. I also find Mage > Knight, Archer > Mage, Knight > Archer to be true and relatively balanced. If you keep losing to everyone, then it’s most likely your equip, this is P2W after all.

As long as Archers don’t fully replace us as tanks in MPD’s, I am not worried but yes, something needs to be done with the low damage output.

Flag Post

only complaint I have is that it costs more for us in hp potions and we get less in gold from wb cause we have low damage output.

Flag Post

Swordies are weak once starting out, but once they reach 50+ they’re really difficult to kill – even for mages. I have trouble with swordies all the time on S5, their delphic is the most powerful compared to the other classes.
My 31k br lv50 mage char has ~ 5.6k pdef and their delphic still hits me 5 times for around 5k dmg each.. that’s 25k hp gone right there. That’s coming from a swordie, level 52 with 29k br and ~ 8.9k attk.

Arguably, I could say they’re the strongest class in terms of pvp.

Flag Post

@Greenfirefly….
Knight class doesn’t pay more in hp potions. You don’t need hp in gem equipment if hp packs an issue. Plus reason you burn it out faster than other classes cause knights are expected to tank in multi dungeons. 90% of mp, knight tanks rather than so and so.

In order to save hp packs in multi dungeons, get an aegis astral, since 4 to 6 mobs hit you. Switch to goddess blessing against bosses. My knight is lvl 57 and that’s what I do. Or you can always ask a guild mate who has free healing for a month to tank for you until bosses. Its part of being in a mass multiplayer online game. Others can help you. As for solo campaigns, I always blitz them since it takes too long for me to do manually.

Flag Post

Yeah…knights are the best 1v1 pvp class in the late game. Early game, no. Late game, yes.

Flag Post

knights shine later depending on how you build your knight. honestly i see so many knights go hard on pdef and have crap for mdef then wondering why mages hammer them so fast. then they say mages are op. i agree with that but its not that bad, mages that have around or the same br as me i give them a good run for they money before i drop however i havent seen many mages that have the same br as me that cant kill me. i am at 41.8k br approx however archers u have to be quick so they dont double shot on you, anytime i lag is when they double shot. but thats all i have to say on this topic

Flag Post
Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer:

Yeah…knights are the best 1v1 pvp class in the late game. Early game, no. Late game, yes.

I don’t think so…best class in pvp in early and late game still is mage, simply cause they are so much faster than knights…
Knights are too slow to beat an equal BR mage, especially if the mage heals himself…or, maybe, can beat him, but what’s the meaning in defeat an equal BR mage in BG and then be killed by a noob in dryad cause you have 10% HP?

The worst thing in pvp for knights is the rage required for ww…if it was only 40 instead of 50, would be a big difference.

Flag Post

Any action that knights take will give them rage, basically using seal, normal attack, or even runes will give them rage, if you want to complain about WW’s rage cost try playing an archer , you’ll be constantly praying that your arrow strike crits so you can do a lunatic in round 3 instead of 4 (normally if it takes 4 rounds to aoe its probably too late)

Flag Post

it’s not just equips knight are truly underpowered example i could vs a mage of the same br say if both a knight and mage have 20k br in a one vs one it takes a mage one turn with the aoe to knock out the troops while it takes a knight two turn per each troop that is defending the mage before a knight gets to start pounding them 3 tuirns if you use aoe which is severely weak for the cost and how long we have to wait to use it again when a magio can cast aoe every other turn if the only level one aoe that is if they have all the aoe’s leveled they can cast aoe after aoe especialy bad in pvp which is essentilyl unfair because mages can stacmk up defense as well as a knight and they don;t need to be “casher’s” to be a amge that can tank as well as the knight; in fact, most other games have a balance out example a knight relies on power and they have gd defense capabilites there skills in most mmo’s aren;t rlly that good besides a few special one hitters they relatively don’t need rp,mp or w/e the game calls it im just gonna say mana because they have the ability of being a tank so they can take a hit and a mage in almost all moo’s have the best damage output but the flaw that balances out there high damage is not having the ability to have as much hp as a warrior/knight or defense so a knight can relaticely match there high damage output because that flaw and an archer is more or less uppose to be the same way as mage just the counter opposite instead of magic it;s physical attack more or less a mage an archer are suppose to be glass cannon’s in this game though having the ability to outdamage both in aoe’s and solo pvps make knights the weakest class and a knight can’t essentially outbeat any class other then it’s own unless they have a decent increase br past the other 2 classes like about 4k br above both class to match them which is entirely bull i would be happy if the skills were revamped with a lil more damage or weaken the mages aoe’s ability out either in damage or timeframes they can use aoe considering the fact that both calsses can become a tank just as well as any kngith could and have just as much hp with that a knight lost it’s unique balance of being able to take damage to have the balance between the classes since there damage out put has been proven to be less of that compared to the other 2 classes, and dark to answer your thing about praying to crit archers relatively crit about 80% of the time when they get there lvl 35 set and start from there and by lvl 50 I rarely see an archer not crit at all crit is an xtra 50% damage to there base damage and consider archer crit ridiculously alot by lvl 35 a lil op considering knights attributes do not include criting and considering an archer can get as beefed up on defense as a knight and in hp at that as well kngiht s have lost what was suppose to give them there balance to the other classes a knight may have a shield but to a mage that’s generally one lightning bolt or if you happen to get that off before they aoe’s and kill your troops first turn still one turn to take your shield off from ya it’s a whamyespecially for knight because 90% of there skills focus on front row enemies and at that are a singualr target skill whilst are damage being lower then both classes as it is whoever scripted the classes didn;t do very gd research on them considering a mage nor archer shoudl be able to tank hits froma knight then i could see where troops come in considering knights focus on whats up front first that would be the balance of an archer and mage not having defense or the hp to tank a hit from a knight because they can get knights at lvl 40 that can tank a knights hits and the the turns that it takes to be able to use another shield to absorb damage still doesn;t do shit because it only saves ya one strike your lucky if your shield willt ake even 500 damage off the next hit of a mage after there first strike on your shield considering they already have a 3-4 turn advantage of being able to nail you while your picking there troops off one of there troops off every 2 turns by the time you spend those turn picking there troop defenders off a knight is down to 45-55% of there health whilst the mage is either at 100% generally unless they used WW then at best there lucky to get 10% of there hp in damage WW saves a knight at least one turn alot of times but mage still has a 3 turn advantage and a knight only saves that xtra turn if he at least hits each troop defender once then WW if he hits only one twice then the 3rd turn won’t kill both troops and still ends up spending 4 turn trying to kills the troops first before getting to start hitting the player and i quote again because bopth classes in this game can hit like glass cannon but not exhibit the flaws of being a glass cannon that really bends the game towards those classes on wiining hence why a knight canl;t beat either of the classes at the same br they have to have around 4k more br to then either of the classes to win wether they are cash or non-cash. what makes a mage slightly worse is on a one vs one after they kill a kngiths troops and after the kngith spends 4 turns killing the mages troops while mage is free to nail them each turn till the knight kills both of the mages troops a mage need only lighting bolt every round then heal about every 3 turns considering if they only use lightning bolt dmage and heal whilst a knight takes time to cast a shield again to barely take one turn of damage i say “nien!” to that if both classes are gonna exhibit damage of a “glass cannon” then they shouldn’t be able to obtain defense and hp of a tank at the same time hence the term “glass cannon” they are suppose to have somewhat lower hp and defence to the term of being a high damage output character.

Flag Post

I was going to dissect the aforementioned post but the sheer “wall” of it just gets me depressed to do so. Additionally, the lack of punctuation is distressing.

Flag Post

Also massive bias in that wall of text, do you own an archer and a mage? From what i see you don’t and are just merely speculating with bias based on your low level knight.

Mages have innately horrid hp which tend to make them die easily to archers. As an archer i pump up my mdef and beat mages quite often, knights on the other hand give me a rather hard time, even if i were to switch to pdef.

Knights tend to level their seal level really high because compared to most other classes, they actually gain rage using seal so i end up being stunned 2-3 rounds, this is proper way of building your knight.

Building rage waste turns, if you play a mage you have to do your thing quick because you start to run out of rage quite quickly and within 5-6 turns have nothing left but lightning bolt, heals have a 45s cd iirc, so again you can’t heal every 3 turn.

Okay for archers, sure their multishot is 100% crit but they get 0, absolutely zero rage gain from that skill, the only skill that lets them gain rage is arrow strike, i’m 58 have 2k crit stat and i still fail to crit on arrow strike more than half the time easily, thats losing more than half the time, not to mention the large amount of eq and even an astral dedicated to dropping crit rate?

Every class have their proper way of being played and built, i suggest you QQ less and read up more on guides on how to build your character.

Seriously this is nothing more than a lowbie’s QQ thread, i bet none of the knights complaining have even a single level above 50.

Flag Post

holy shit wall of text.

im happy with my 60+ knight. WB’s are ATMs for archers but thats just how it rolls. i have no issue in the game in clearing any content or taking on anyone with my knight. (ofc high cashed high level mages are my bane but thats how it’s suppose to work. you either get to them first or they get you)

Flag Post
Originally posted by TarkkaBear:
(ofc high cashed high level mages are my bane but thats how it’s suppose to work. you either get to them first or they get you)

Sounds like a Russia joke is hidden in there somewhere. :)

Flag Post

Lv 51 Knight.

IMO mages are still the most powerful class in MPD, Crypt and Duels. Their AoE’s cost little rage, they naturally come with high MDEF (important for Crypt) and they’re unmatched in group damage and of course no one else can heal. Many MPD’s (for the respective level range) cannot be completed without having at least one Mage. Don’t need to put any thought into what Gems to pick either, HP MATK, PDEF, done. Same with Astrals (+ Will Destroyer)

And Killaris, use paragraphs ffs, no one’s gonna read that, no matter how informative it might be.

Flag Post

I’m fine with my knight. As Ybri said in another topic, as long as I can kill each troop in 2 hits, I’m fine.
MPDef astral helps, too. Both in crypt, and in fights against mages.
Maybe it could be replaced with illusion, but I don’t bother enough to do the calculations.

Only thing that makes me sad is the lack of balance during world boss. The difference in daru/coins income vs archers (and mages, to lesser extent) is painful.

Flag Post

atom i could care less maybe you wont read who gives a shit i have nothing to prove to any of you so i dont bother using my good typing so again no point wether you decide to read it or not idc just because you wont doesn’t mean others won’t so yea idc :)

Flag Post

and btw look who’s talking dark i have analyzed all atk patterns and strategies doesn;t matter how well built a knight is. they can still lose even to a mage that in one set tier lower then what the knight is in put a 65 knight with a 65 set against a mage with a 55 set and they mage can beat a knight you can call it biased but by far your the most biased when it is your character if your talking about building your character right then i suggest you build yours right if your not criting alot your doping something severely wrong if your not criting nearly 100% of the time and that seal for knights mages and archers have it as well so yea a knight could use it and stun to try and stop the major turn advantages both your class and mage class get against a knight but thing is they can stun right back and keep there turn advantages so you better hush up buddy and do some research of your own and more or less knights have rlly only one skill that they can gain rage from just as you can and you say a mage an archer get horrid hp then yoru full bologna i can compare just about any kngith against an archer and mage of the same lvl and there hp’s are more or less the same at those levels so for you trying to say you have no hp then your doing yet another thing wrong there a knight doesn;t even have any upper hand on anything against either of classes hence why the game is mainly biased to either an archer or mage because they are stronger then a knight they have a better skill base with better vareity and they are not limited to atking one enemy at a time and in an order to wich both classes can use and manipulate that order against the knight on there atk patterns to which a knight has no avail since niether an archer nor mage has has a following sequence like 123 like a knight does as both can atk any row at any point whilst a knight focus’s on the front row as they really have any skills that can hit you from any row at any given point on any turn and on that note because both of those classes have no faults in hp nor defence they can get there defences just as high up as any knight could not only do both class overpower a knight in damage by far in aoe when it comes to a one vs one a knight still can;t compare because narrowing both classes skills to one target ends up being able to focus more damage as there would be one targethence your statement is very flawed don’t assume biased opinions when your’s is not only turly biased but very misinformed…

Flag Post

My knight isn’t anywhere near top, it’s just lvl 57.
Still, I don’t find myself losing against mages of similar level.

If you have a problem with mages hiding behind, open with seal, then US, shield, US and adapt afterwards.

Also, I’m not sure why pressing [Enter] from time to time equals proving something to anyone.
At the moment it is almost impossible to read.
Unless you don’t care if anyone reads that, then it’s fine, I guess.

Flag Post

Epic wall of text topic is always fun ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by gruntarswe:

Epic wall of text topic is always fun ^^

\/\/oulD B3 FuNnI3R If joo ADd3D l33t 5pE4k