Merchants of Fate (DHARMA) welcomes you! page 2

102 posts

Flag Post

Wolf,

There’s no need to struggle alone and toil over a single safehouse. We have all the facilities and hospitality you could ever want at every area of the maps, and when you’re ready, we’ll be happy to have you with us and to place them at your disposal!

Thanks for posting!

Flag Post

Alraight! sweet Im going to join but could you invite me because I dont want to join the wrong group so yeah plz invite me and I shall join! yay im so excited!

Flag Post
Originally posted by AnimatedWolf:

Alraight! sweet Im going to join but could you invite me because I dont want to join the wrong group so yeah plz invite me and I shall join! yay im so excited!

I can only send invitations to people not currently in a clan, so you’d have to leave first.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Assassin4nolan:

challenge, whoever gets the most severed heads by the 10th wins
got 2 so far

A4N,

Cool idea, and I’m tempted to take up the gauntlet you’ve thrown down! …. but on the other hand, even if I win, I end up with 10 more heads clogging up my inventory, so I’m feeling a little unmotivated, here….

Flag Post

okey dokey lokie!

Flag Post

ok I left my clan and now im ready for a invite!

Flag Post

oh and hey if you guys need anything done just ask me im the kind of stamina scavenger type I can go to far out places and Im well armed and I have good space in my invetory so yeah but im kinda broke ($338) but yeah if you guys need anything done just ask me!

Flag Post

Welcome wolf! I think you’ll find this clan to be a great experience——we have safe houses all over so you can store items and rest. As far as being broke, I recommend finding a place where you can work for cash while you’re recovering SP so you can gradually build up your cash reserves. Otherwise, find a good melee weapon (I recommend making a defiler if you can) to save on ammo costs.

Flag Post

A4N,

i dont know how to quote well but thanks for calling me A4N i now have some new initials other than N.M.K. thanks for the idea

also the winner gets my undivided attention to any safehouse (that means nothing else for me to do just build safe house) (within map 1 sorry if its farther up i dont travel that far up map 1) (also do you like my picture)

also (56,56) has a crap ton of raiders

Flag Post

SURVIVAL RULE #21 “AVOID STRIP CLUBS!”. I don’t like that rule, lets just, (paints over) there we go.

SURVIVAL RULE #21 “DON’T ACCEPT LAP DANCES BY ZOMBIE STRIPPERS.”(“YOU DON’T WANNA KNOW WHATS BEEN THERE”)

Flag Post

i just killed a guy for a blowup doll, then the guy i gave it to asked me to get a wedding dress for it um (no comment) 0_0

Flag Post

STUPID BUT TRUE: It turns out you can actually hit yourself with your own melee weapon!

From my combat log:

2013-4-5, 7:14
Vladeus swings wildly at Gas Attendant Zombie and hits himself for 27 Critical damage

So, I now understand that time I was suddenly taken down (as mentioned in SF’s earlier post), it was because I killed myself…

So dumb.

Flag Post

That explains what happened to me some other time! I was attacking someone and not paying attention and suddenly I was dead and I was really confused. That’s aggravating.

Flag Post

What weapon were you using, Doc? For me, it happened with the Ripper (crafted blade- type weapon).

I’d be interested to know weather all melee weapons carry a risk of self-inflicting damage or weather it’s just certain ones/types.

Flag Post

nevermind i cant play on that pc only

Flag Post

Vladeus, I was using a defiler (again, a crafted blade weapon). Maybe its specific to blades, though that seems sort of unlikely. Another part of increasing the realism in the game, I suppose.

Flag Post

(38,121) its far from other safe houses in a barren area

Flag Post

Vladdy, I use a good ol’ fashioned two-handed sword and I haven’t hit myself yet. As for crafted items; I believe the game has evolved away from them. I was planning on building a Reaper, but cannot find a Katana anywhere…

Flag Post

The Silk Road is finished (38,121) ill need some help though with the gen room and sickbay and such also if someone could kill the ‘former residents’ that would be great

Flag Post

just beat bioshock infinite and man, was that a head trip of an ending

Flag Post

how do i kill 4 gun armed raiders

Flag Post

Equip a weapon with long range. Attack from far away/back away until you can hit them but they can’t hit you. If they get too close, run and repeat.

Or just use an explosive.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecloester:

Equip a weapon with long range. Attack from far away/back away until you can hit them but they can’t hit you. If they get too close, run and repeat.

Or just use an explosive.

Did they finally institute splash damage for explosives? When did that happen?

Flag Post

how do i leave map 1

also what is the best ranged weapon in game (gun) i am using the PSN sniper rifle 16-28 damage

Flag Post

Assassin,

Let’s be clear; what is the northernmost parallel to which you’re currently able to travel?

Regarding ranged weapons, what’s “best” varies depending on situation and how you approach it.

My SCAR assault rifle, for example, does 10-16 base damage with 25-40 critical damage per round, and with a 3-round burst-fire option, it can therefore do up to 120 damage per turn. Compared to the standard 10-15 base damage of the M-16 and others of its class, it’s the most powerful non-premium assault rifle to use 5.56 ammo. On the other hand, the M-16 has a 120 ft. range versus my SCAR’s 110 ft. range, but I consider the extra power worth the 10-ft trade-off.

Now, there are more powerful assault rifles that use 7.76 mm ammo, but the greater cost and more limited availability of 7.76 ammo affect their practicality and are a sufficient deterrent for many, making 5.56 mm weapons the more popular choice.

Sniper rifles like your PSN increase in accuracy and damage with distance, and are ideal for taking out 1 target at 100 ft. However, with their limited ammo capacity (I believe it’s 5 for the PSN?) and decreased effectiveness at closer range, they’re virtually useless against a large group of, say, 20-90 targets at 10-20 ft. By comparison, the SCAR and M-16 have a 30-round magazine, so there’s less crucial time wasted reloading during battle.

Furthermore, given the cost of ammo (especially the higher-caliber 7.76 ammo, is it really worth it to fire on a few enemies at a great distance? Well, maybe if it’s psychos & raiders or if it’s a lesser target and you’d rather spend money than the SP to walk up and clobber them with a good melee weapon. Otherwise, in my experience, you won’t encounter many LARGE groups of targets at a long enough distance from you to make a sniper rifle a viable option, and the hordes will more often tend to come at you from a medium to close range.

All things considered, assault rifles (with their combination of good range, large magazine capacity, good damage, and single fire or 3-round burst options) make them the most versatile weapon class and suitable for almost any situation.

Sure, there are other classes of weapons. LMGs have burst fire capacity, but they tend to be shorter range and their 4-0r-5 round burst options of high-caliber ammo can be rather excessive, potentially rendering them excessively expensive weapons to own and maintain. SMGs generally use cheaper 9 mm ammo and many have large magazines (especially the Bison) but their short range and low damage significantly decrease their usefulness.  Sure, you can fire them in close combat (unlike many ranged weapons except for handguns and shotguns) but with their close-combat accuracy penalty, you’d be better off using a good melee weapon instead.  

I hope this helps, and if anybody would like to add to this or contest any of these statements, please do!  I know I’d love to hear your points of view….