Merchants of Fate (DHARMA) welcomes you! page 3

102 posts

Flag Post

what about shotguns i usually fight at close range (the boomstick) or the M60 (ammo cost doesnt matter to me just the gun itself)

Flag Post

That works too. I recently got into a fight with 7 raiders, 4 of whom had guns and I kept my distance and picked off the gun-toting ones, running when necessary. I did not realize that explosives don’t have splash damage—-that seems silly, especially with the new emphasis on “realism”. The boomstick isn’t as useful as it once was, now that the damage is reduced, but I still use it in combination with my defiler when needed.

Flag Post

the thing is is that when fightng raiders you can only go back 3 times and when you run the distance resets

Flag Post

does anyone know where to get a wanderer helmet? im collecting them to upgrade them, they look badass, thats why

Flag Post

A4N,

Like I always tell you, check here:

http://blog.zombiepandemic.com/Wiki/tabid/71/page/Armor/Default.aspx

Location of said item is listed in the helmets section.

Flag Post

does any one know a way to up technical quickly? im at 47 i think training takes to long

Flag Post

A4N,

The only way to quickly boost your technical skill is to equip an item with a tech bonus (such as a hammer, wrench, or arc welder, to name a few). Equipping two nail guns, for example, will give you a cumulative bonus of +24 tech points for as long as you have them equipped, which is what I do whenever I’m working on a safe house. However, the bonus only lasts as long as you keep the items equipped. I don’t know what happens if you equip an item to meet a tech point quota for crafting something and then un-equip the item while crafting. Maybe you keep crafting or maybe its aborted; I never tried. If you want to observe and report, that’d be good info to have.

Otherwise, tech points are like any other stat points, and there’s no quick way to raise them permanently other than training and investing level-up points.

Flag Post

where can i buy a nail gun and im trying to get 110 for armored wanderer clothes

Flag Post

Have you considered checking the Zombie Pandemic wiki? http://blog.zombiepandemic.com/Wiki.aspx

If you look through, there’s two sections that I think will be of interest to you. The first is the “items” section, which lists items in the game (including the nail gun) and where they can be purchased or otherwise found. Looking at this section will answer your question about the nail gun, as well as all other questions about where to find items. The second section that will help you is the “shops” section, which lists every shop in the game and what they sell. Between the two of these, you will have no problem figuring out where to buy any item you want. And when you ask questions on the forum, this is what we do to answer them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecloester:

Have you considered checking the Zombie Pandemic wiki?

A certain proverb about leading a horse to water comes to mind…

On a different note, I’d like to share a personal success story (or in other words, “brag”)… A few days ago, killing a group of raiders earned me a heck of a drop: an MPKL Sub-machine gun (with a resale value of $4,125!), and then yesterday, another gang or raiders dropped a Single Action Army handgun! Not too shabby, eh? Well, today, a zombie dropped an FB Police Shotgun! Ka-ching!!!

Flag Post

now where can i get a lot of xp (i have 346 bullets for PSN so not a problem) also, is the M60 a good weapon it has a clip of 60, a range of 90, and damage of 13-17. Also you guys should work on your reply time

and man this is the first zombie game where shooting them in the head isnt effective, because you cant hit it of course

Flag Post

You get XP from doing missions and killing zombies, as well as a little for looting and exploring. So if you want to get XP——go to places with missions and with lots of zombies to kill.

In terms of damage, the M60 works pretty well, but as with all weapons you have to consider the cost of ammo. Certainly, that’s a decent amount of damage, but it also depends on the ammo it uses——9 mm ammo is easier to come by than rifle bullets. I still use a boomstick or other shotgun for some cases due to high critical hit chance so I can get a lot of bang for my buck. And I do most of my fighting with melee weapons, since they don’t cost anything to use and you can get a high critical chance rate if you upgrade close combat

That fast enough for you?

Flag Post

Well said Doc, and your tactful restraint is admirable.

I’ll just add this: the farther North you go, the tougher it gets, with enemy hordes generally increasing in size and strength. The tougher it gets, the faster the xp rolls in. “Molti Nemici – Molto Onore”*

*"many enemies – much honor"

Flag Post

Ahh, is that how you got all those fancy drops (the sub-machine gun, the army handgun, etc). Those are some pretty awesome drops—-I’m trying to level up to get my stats to a point where I can hit up those tougher areas. I’ve been working on my close combat skills primarily, which has helped a lot—-the high dodge percentage up close helps me avoid getting mauled when I engage 5 guys at once in melee.

Flag Post

Out of curiosity Vladeus, what weapons do you use? I’m sort of in awe of your status on the survivor rankings and wondered if there’s anything you could recommend.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecloester:

Out of curiosity Vladeus, what weapons do you use? I’m sort of in awe of your status on the survivor rankings and wondered if there’s anything you could recommend.

Certainly!

My two weapons of choice are as follows:

• SCAR Assault Rifle: See my post on page 2 for a detailed explanation of why I recommend this one and why it has been my constant companion these many levels
  • Ripper: I had the good fortune of crafting this one before tech requirements were implemented. With 11-14 base damage, it’s unrivaled by any non-premium melee weapon but the Reaper, which does 8-15 damage. However, in my opinion, the Ripper’s narrower spread makes it the more reliable choice, and its extremely high critical rate (my average* attack damage is probably 70 or so) means that, much more often than not, it kills what it hits. Unfortunately, as you will recall from our recent discussion on this board, our observations suggest that once in a long while, a crafted bladed weapon will backfire and hit its user, but with the proper precautions, it’s still well worth the risk.

I also keep some other weapons around (e.g., a Bison SMG and FB Police Shotgun, both from mission rewards) which I use only when I find ammo for them in order to gradually work toward earning their mastery badges, but won’t use or keep around otherwise.

Hope that helps!

*Upon revision, it’s probably more accurate to say that my modal damage with this is about 70 and my average is about 60. In any case, it gets the job done.

Flag Post

probably an opinion thing but what is the best armor (i am currently making (i mean made) (i mean wow look at this craft time, i mean making) armored wanderer gear) also i dont see too many tricked out players, -Vladeus, most top players have basic armor

Flag Post

A4N,

Well, yes, it’s an opinion thing, and more to the point, it’s a question of personal values and needs. Do you want armor to raise your close combat, carrying capacity, agility, and/or marksmanship, or armor that just provides the most protection (even at the expense of one or more of those skills)? I have to confess that for me, there’s another less practical consideration: vanity. I’m not in love with the stats on my pants (armored enforcer tassets), for example, but they match my outfit and complete my “look”. However, because the pants are shorter than most, I had to equip some good high-boots or my ankles are exposed and I look goofy. While these may seem like frivolous criteria for armor selection, the end result is that I’m happy with the way I look and I’m not irritated by my own avatar.

So, with dual consideration for both form and function, I’ve assembled an ensemble that provides good stats and bonuses for my style of game-play while maintaining an image that’s representative of my aesthetic values. As a result, I’m happy, and isn’t that all you could really want from a game?

Originally posted by Assassin4nolan:

-Vladeus, most top players have basic armor

What do you mean by “top players”? Top 10 ranking? Top 100 ranking? Most kills? Highest levels? Most active?
What do you mean by “basic armor”? Non-crafted? Non-premium? Low protection rating?

Most if not all of the people I would consider top players have at least one crafted piece of armor.

Flag Post

i meant well, most kills higher level players would wear badass clothes but dont

Flag Post

Whoever it is that you have in mind when you say that, I wouldn’t concern yourself with them. If you have the resources, the ability, and the patience to craft better armor, then there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from doing so, in which case, there’s really nothing more to discuss.

Flag Post

okay back to the previous discussion, whats the most badass armor, vanity wise (coolest looking) (armored wanderer set for me) also, reply time guys, reply time, work on it

Flag Post

“De gustibus non est disputandum”

Flag Post

“In matter of tastes, there can be no disputes” (latin)

Flag Post

“Magna laus et honor tibi fieri potest, et multa gloria souless interfectorem hominibus dari. Et confitebor Vladeus est, quia occidit jumentum magna, qui mecum!

Majored in Latin my 2nd minute of Google Translate.

Flag Post

Can’t argue with that!