Merchants of Fate (DHARMA) welcomes you! page 4

102 posts

Flag Post

Arma mea est efferens, de Zombie veterani SUMMUS.

Flag Post

Can you figure it out?
Also, what is a good secondary firearm or melee weapon?

Flag Post

Assassin,

Bear in mind that using “Google translate” is not the same as speaking a given language. As far as I am aware, accurate and reliable linguistic translation technology still only exists in science fiction, and with current AI levels, you’re more likely to get a dubious approximation of what you’re trying to say (most often a series of literally translated words) than a phrase with the same precise, intended meaning, especially with a language as grammatically complex as Latin. For example, if you use an AI to translate the phrase, “I can speak perfect Latin thanks to Google”, what comes out on the other end might be something closer to “I am authorized for discussion with Latins who are perfect Google may give praise”, or the imperative “Romans, go home!” might be reiterated as “Persons called Romani, they go into their houses!” ;)

Having said that, I would loosely translate what you said to "My weapons are out (or “ready”), fellow zombie (pandemic) veterans". Am I close in guessing your intended meaning?

As for weapons, I recommend you make your ranged weapon of choice your primary weapon and keep a melee weapon as a side arm, or vice-versa. I’ve made my specific recommendations and listed my personal weapons preferences on previous pages (i.e., pages 2 and 3), so refer back to that for more.

Flag Post

“My armor is a shining beacon of a Zombie Pandemic veteran.”

Flag Post

Melius est, ut putant, et clauso ostio tuo, quam stultus es dubium omnino sit et aperuit.

Badly mangled google translate version of a classic quote.

Flag Post

“It is better, as they think, and having shut thy door, rather than remove all doubt that you are a fool and opened it.”

Flag Post

Yes, here in the DHARMA Initiative, we apparently communicate using dead languages (regardless of whether actually speak them).

I think you’d more accurately interpret the meaning if you swap the word “door” for “mouth”.

In other words, to paraphrase:

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

Flag Post

Hey, I don’t just use Google translate for dead languages—-I just came back from a 2 week trip with my wife to France and Italy where, if my incredibly limited French/Italian didn’t work and the person I was talking to didn’t speak Spanish (which I do speak) I’d whip out the handy Google translate app on my phone. Not perfect, but it worked well in a pinch.

Flag Post

Getting back to discussions about the game itself—-Vladeus, you were talking about bladed melee weapons and their higher crit rate. I was working with a defiler (bladed) for awhile, and then I crafted a mutilator (club) melee weapon because it had a 50% stun rate. However, despite the fact that both weapons had the same base damage, I noticed I got far fewer critical hits with the club, so I switched back. Have you noticed this too, Vlad—-that bladed melee weapons have a far superior crit rate over their club counterparts?

Flag Post

It’s possible. I never used a crafted club, but I got my club mastery badge using a sledgehammer to finish off whatever my ripper didn’t kill instantly. The ripper has an extremely high critical rate and when I used the sledgehammer, I only needed it to do a few points of damage for a coup de grace. So, I’m afraid I didn’t pay enough attention or take it seriously enough as a weapon to give it a balanced comparison vis-a-vis the obviously superior ripper. Maybe if I had used a mutilator in tandem with my ripper I’d have taken my club more seriously and bothered to weigh them against each other.

However, if I had to guess, I’d say you’re probably right. Since clubs tend to offer a stun bonus that blades do not, it would stand to reason that the critical hit rate would generally be higher for blades as a counter-balance. And, anyway, if any clubs had a comparable critical hit rate to the ripper, the stun bonus would be almost redundant, as it would probably kill most targets in one hit.

Flag Post

Don’t know why but haven’t played in weeks. Ever since I started crafting my wanderer armor. I have been on the forum and checking my messages, but still…

Flag Post

Well, as of today, there have been some changes; some for the better, but (not surprisingly, most for the worse. They’ve completely retooled the battle system. Explosives finally do splash damage and you can stand in place (rather than moving forward, backward, attacking, etc.), but…. well, you’ll see. It’s just awful.

Flag Post

Yeah, I noticed the battle system visual change. It doesn’t really affect things but man is it annoying. I am thankful for the option to stand in place and wait for enemies and the addition of splash damage but…man, is the new setup grating. I wish we could have the option to switch back.

Flag Post

Actually it DOES affect things. Have you tried using a melee weapon? Every enemy in striking range now decreases your accuracy. And forget about counting enemies or seeing the back rows of a crowd. Plus, you can no longer see the speed and hp of all enemies at once, and you have to check one enemy at a time.

Also, melee weapon damage has been nerfed. I saw my ripper do 18 damage and less. With 202 CC and 200 strength, my ripper would never have done less than 22 damage before today.

Flag Post

Just saw changes, looks polished, but a terrible system, I play on a small screen so fighting is an annoyance.

Flag Post

I agree with you A4N, it makes fighting that much harder. I zoomed out in my browser just so I could see enemies, what weapon I was using and my HP all at once.

The whole thing does make it also almost impossible to get a clear idea of what it is that you’re fighting and its attributes all at once—-you really have to just deal with the front line and hope that what’s behind isn’t too awful.

In terms of the “swarmed” penalty——I wonder if its their way to make explosives and their “splash” damage more useful——after all, if getting surrounded by a huge swath of enemies makes it hard to hit them, it provides more of a reason to toss a grenade in and try to take some of them out. Also annoyed by the nerfing of melee weapons, but they do these “corrections” all the time—-I remember when they altered the attributes of the boomstick, turning it from an awesome weapon with a 20 foot range to a very mediocre one with a 40 foot range.

Flag Post

How do you zoom out in the browser?

………..
……………….__
…………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
………\……………..‘…../
……….’’…\………. _.·´
…………\…………..(
BROFIST ………..

Flag Post

Couldn’t control myself.

Flag Post

For me, I hold down CTRL and then use the wheel on my mouse to zoom in and out on browser pages for firefox and chrome. You might also be able to do it by going into settings or the main browser menu.

Flag Post

Thanks.

Also you attack a lot slower, it takes longer for the game to register your attack.

Flag Post

Goodbye, dear friends. This will be my last post, probably forever. I have to chase a higher purpose. www.DeadFrontier.com is where you can find me, my name is “Assassin4nolan”, as always. Et tu Brutus.

Flag Post

Hey, I am new here and am not sure how to play, may I join DHARMA?

Flag Post

can I join please?

Flag Post

me 2
can I join please

Flag Post

If you guys want to join, ask Vladeus, he will accept, also, this forum has fallen apart without me. And, I’m back…