Tips for new players page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

I would Use The Flamethower Before they get close but if you want melee try getting the reaper

Flag Post

The Ripper is the best melee weapon in the game at this point, the reapers spread is to large.

Flag Post

I just checked out the game, It now sucks, they took out 90% of the craftable items that where good. The best non premium weapons in the game are now premium. The game is overpopulated, which means finding zombies is a dream. The best player, Vladeus, leader of The Merchants of Fate, Has left us, and made the clan fall through the ranks. The Fighting system is crap, the old one was much better, sure they added splash damage, but it was the only good thing they did. If anyone played this game back in November 2012, you would have said the game sold out and downgraded itself.

Flag Post

The Flamethrower costs $1500 at Gary’s Gun Store, deals 6-9 damage, has a 30-foot range, always burns, and weighs 10 pounds

Flag Post

“When you have more than $1675 (I assume u can get enough by doing some quests around the college), Move to Kian Bags & Luggage (X19 , Y96) for buy Hiking Backpack which is best bag you can buy with the game currency.
Yet you have to prepare around 400 sp to reach there (not a big problem for premium members though). When you are on the way, avoid entering any building (avoiding any zombies, which cause wasting precious sp), running away from all encounters. Unless you have good gear to kill them, it is okay for leveling up, but still waste sp unless u r very close to level up. To remind you, worst case of encounters is group of zombies which has total lv 40. Yet not to worry, even though the agility is 20, u can still run away from them. Some people might wonder what is the point of spending 400 sp (actually 800 sp if you calculate about returning to around bottom area), and running away from zombies like chicken for a freaking backpack… to be honest, you can find a bag from scavenging too, but it won’t happen for everyone. There are some bags in college area, but they are not idealistic bag for long run. It is also that u have to buy better bag (yes, that bloody Hiking Bag) again soon (waste of money). Getting Hiking Backpack means which reduce the time and sp for returning shops/clan safe house. And obviously it also connect to your income too.
P.S. If you have spare cash in your purse and love this game, You can buy Globetrotter Supreme (best bag in premium shop) by 300 Credits. However between Globetrotter Supreme and Hiking Backpack, differences is 20 ENC (hard to say whether 20 ENC is big deal or not). It is entirely up to you about buying this bag, still I do mange to carry on by Hiking Backpack though.”

There is the hunting backpack that is better than the hiking backpack. You get it in a shop if I remember…

Flag Post

Hiking weights 6 and give +80 encumbrance, hunting weights 3 and gives 70.

Flag Post

A good starting bag is the assault bag that increases by 30 your encumbrance.
You get it for free at the stadium.
It also gives +5 agility.

Flag Post

A good thing for people that haven’t noticed yet is that training in smaller amounts multiple times gives you more points. That is of course if you stay in the game to constantly refresh the training.

Flag Post

Once you reach uptown, you might want to consider saving enough money to buy the riot gear. To buy them, you must go to the prison (location is on the missions window: Murphy the prison inmate.) then go to porter’s cell which is in prison wing C. This is the best non premium gear for those close combat fans.

Flag Post

How about long ranged gear?

Flag Post

you can craft merc armor for mm but i would advise you use biker gloves, the are better

Flag Post

If you want to play a melee style then you should invest in painkillers!!

all round its a good game.

Flag Post

Improvised bag is nice early on as well. The leather straps are sold at 44,55 and the clothes can be found at 20,47. The hardest part is getting to those 2 places, but the cost is really low ($46 if you don’t find any of the items before the shops).

Flag Post

Just started playing yesterday and was wondering which is the most cost efective food in game? What about the most cost efective ranged weapon besides bows?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Coliin23:

A good starting bag is the assault bag that increases by 30 your encumbrance.
You get it for free at the stadium.
It also gives +5 agility.