Forums Astroflux

PVP Is the reason I quit page 2

96 posts

Flag Post

yeah, yesterday, I lost 500 scrap metal because a pirate came after me. I was farming, and he shows up out of nowhere, I fought him off, getting him to retreat, then hightailed to the nearest safe area, healing as I went, as I had like 100 health left. he caught up with me next to the safe area, and finished me off nearly immediately. it was the most fun I had all game. the rest of the game is quite repetitive, fighting off hoardes of weak enemies. PvP does make the game 10 times harder, and that is a good thing.

also, I have spent a long time upgrading shields and armour so I could survive. about to have both at level 6 and not sure what to upgrade after that. probably a weapon other than beamer

Flag Post

PvP sux, because pirates/enemies are not shown on radar.

Flag Post

Actually 2 things about PvP:
1) enemies are not marked on radar. I’d prefer to even have an arrow like for planets/stations
2) there’s lvl range for PvP, but no equip balancing, that sets those, who donate up in ladder.

Flag Post

Non-consentual pvp is like non-consentual sex. :(

Seriously.
The attacker looks for an “easy mark” in order to satisfy some abberant desire to fluff up thier own superiority or some other quirky ego issue. (I’m not familiar with this mindset. enlighten me….)
The victim very probably doesn’t stand much of a chance even in a straight up fight let alone a surprise attack, and will likely feel used, violated and pretty put off by the whole experience.

Opt-in pvp (ie: only those in hostile mode can attack other players or be attacked) would be a solution.
People who want to play pvp can, while those who prefer pve can do so without being harrassed.

Whine chorus in 3…2…1…

Flag Post

1:people are marked on radar and even in the map….
2:i get quest of kill people, im noob and i need kill like 15….
3: pvp its easy to evoid using the safe zones you can kll them and they cant but they need fix thngs like pirates enter n recycle to evoid death or disconecting

Flag Post

Looks like another ‘redshift’. That game is so dead that maybe one or two people are playing at any given time. This game looks like it is heading in the same direction. PvP is so unbalanced that it completely takes the joy out of a game that I was just starting to get into. Its not even PvP. Its more like ambush and die. Usually by the time you realize you are being attacked you are dead. They should really make a separate pvp zone, so all the bullies can play with each other. Maybe have on option to turn off pvp. Of course the developers will probably ignore these posts. Kefkathemad1’s arguments seem logical and valid I don’t feel like rage quitting, so I will quit before I get too attached to what looked like a fun game. Some people just want to enjoy a game, not just spend hours hunting down unsuspecting players. Check out ‘redshift’. See what happens to uncontrolled pvp games. They die. I guess I will just remove my bookmark and find another game to play.

Flag Post

I somewhat agree with Junior. The game gives advantage for being a pirate, since one can hunt down other players navigating using the minimap. There is no such advantage if you settle to farm minerals, since there is no way to fight the mobs using just the minimap. This results into situation where there is no alarm when the pirate suddenly attacks and kills you. A problem that is not an issue for pirates.

Flag Post

So, i’ve been playing for a while now and noticed that there seems to be less active pvp in the green zone than the beginner zone. Also people seem to only prey on noobs in kritillian, even though i haven’t been in it much lately. Every system past it has more friendly people that pvp with others that actually want to pvp.

Flag Post

I hate piracy in general, especially when it so clearly is at the cost of honest farmers… It really is hard on a lower level.

However, the idea isn’t bad. Its the implementation that sucks. Honestly 400 scrap isn’t THAT much unless you are a low level. Its the fact that you can be set so far back by a pirate, then stalked mercilessly until you give up for a few hours that bothers me.

Flag Post

I’m so late in this topic that my opinion probably doesn’t even matter anymore, but how about instead of one side bitching to or about the other, some tips are given on how to PVP? What weapons should someone use, what specs should they look into? I don’t mind PVP when there is clear progression, when eventually you can become equal or better than the ones who always killed you, so how about it? And those of you who defend just killing off low levels because it’s fun, easy, and they don’t stand a chance, does it really get you off that much? If I were in the position to just murder everything on the map I’d look at it exactly how I look at the spawners when I’m farming, just tedious and far too easy. If it really gets you stiff to run around murdering everyone who didn’t spec their ship right, then you’re just a dick anyway, and we need either a heads up or a way to defend our PVE speced asses from the people like that. Just saying.

Flag Post

Farm in zones where PVP is turned off for your lvl.
After lvl 15 PVP is not a big problem. Usually people pvp below lvl 15 using their alts just for fun.
Improve your engines and shields (dont forget to improve main weapon first) – that will allow you to run in case of high-lvl pirate

Flag Post

> Implying that everyone without exception likes pvp and craves the experience above anything else.

Flag Post

I like the PvP here, though there’s some things that could be fixed. If it’s rough in an area I can always go farm steel in Durian. The group exploit needs to get fixed. I probably made a guy quit the game by joining his group while hostile, making like I was helping him with a boss. Then I left the group after getting close and blew him away. A low move like that shouldn’t be available. Harsh PvP ain’t for everyone, but it can make a successful game. Look at EVE, Dark Orbit, etc. I like the predator prey rush myself.

Flag Post

laughs, come play armada online. we are all nice and chill community with some zones being pvp grounds ;)

Flag Post

The internet has reached the level of douche where it must be destroyed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by neo5apien:

I like the PvP here, though there’s some things that could be fixed. If it’s rough in an area I can always go farm steel in Durian. The group exploit needs to get fixed. I probably made a guy quit the game by joining his group while hostile, making like I was helping him with a boss. Then I left the group after getting close and blew him away. A low move like that shouldn’t be available. Harsh PvP ain’t for everyone, but it can make a successful game. Look at EVE, Dark Orbit, etc. I like the predator prey rush myself.

Pre emptive mute for you.

Flag Post

“I don’t feel like rage quitting, so I will quit before I get too attached to what looked like a fun game.” – Junior555

This… I was complaining about a guy camping me; and told in chat by several of the higher level guys “this game isn’t for you”. I agreed, if this game of for greifers/campers to pick on “newbs” and lock them into a station so they can’t leave for 10 minutes; they’re right. This game isn’t for me.

Too bad, it was fun at the start. But pointless when the PvP comes into full play.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ertdfg:

“I don’t feel like rage quitting, so I will quit before I get too attached to what looked like a fun game.” – Junior555

This… I was complaining about a guy camping me; and told in chat by several of the higher level guys “this game isn’t for you”. I agreed, if this game of for greifers/campers to pick on “newbs” and lock them into a station so they can’t leave for 10 minutes; they’re right. This game isn’t for me.

Too bad, it was fun at the start. But pointless when the PvP comes into full play.

says the griefer who has an interesting but flawed opinion. i also noticed you have only 2 posts, is that because you have only forum posted those two times? regardless, pvp is fun as long as you have cargo protection on. reason is, you have nothing to fear by dying. consider the fact that you can get cargo prot before whining.

Flag Post

I feel like the whole point of the pvp in this game is to ruin your day and take your stuff. They are space pirates, that’s what they do. If they don’t show up on the minimap like people say they should, and also I think there should be a big focus on the police, perhaps you get lots of xp if you take down a pirate. That way, good players would all gang up on the pirate before it could do anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by junior555:

PvP is so unbalanced that it completely takes the joy out of a game that I was just starting to get into. Its not even PvP. Its more like ambush and die. Usually by the time you realize you are being attacked you are dead.

Exactly right. You can’t outrun bullets, and you can’t win a fight when you can be damaged so quickly that by the time you even react you’re halfway to dead. Even if you started even, you’re at half health by the time you can counterattack so you’re bound to lose. It’s not a PvP system, it’s an ambush system. The defender never has a chance.

If they won’t limit PvP to opt in, then they need to change the structure to give the defender a fighting chance. Reduce the speed of hostile players so defenders have a chance to flee, and reduce the effectiveness of other ships to the weapons so it takes longer to kill another player. That way it’s a fair duel, not a bolt from the blue.

As it is, of COURSE PKers like the PvP system, they have all the advantages and none of the dangers! They can choose when they want to engage and attack without warning. It’s a griefing system more than a PvP system.

A couple more ideas: Normal safe zones (with the exception of warp gates) become hostile to hostile players, and will actually fire on them if they come close. They can only “do business” at pirate bays, and the prices are ripoffs. The prices paid for minerals are much higher, and everything else costs more. It’s the price for being limited to the black market. Also, hostile time is no less than a day. You either choose to PK that day or you don’t. If you decide to go hostile, you’re marked till tomorrow and can be hunted. Oh and PLEASE make red names have red arrows on the radar.

Make piracy a choice that comes with as many drawbacks as it does advantages and you’ll see a lot less trolling behavior.

Flag Post

With the recent limitations to certain level per system PVP gets less of a headache for those who do not like to PvP the higher level you are. at level 26 you get 5-6 areas that you can roam about freely doing your missions and exploring without having to worry about pirates.

I realise that to reach level 26 you have to spit blood but its doable in a week of not too hard core gaming. Probably doable in 4 days if you go hard core.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Astros:

With the recent limitations to certain level per system PVP gets less of a headache for those who do not like to PvP the higher level you are. at level 26 you get 5-6 areas that you can roam about freely doing your missions and exploring without having to worry about pirates.

I realise that to reach level 26 you have to spit blood but its doable in a week of not too hard core gaming. Probably doable in 4 days if you go hard core.

in a week of not-too-hardcore gaming? care to explain? i already have pvp trouble at lvl 11, somewhere along the line there will be trouble if i cant get out of the pvp level range. maybe you could give a walkthrough for how to get to level 26?

Originally posted by kitty_tc_69:
Originally posted by junior555:

PvP is so unbalanced that it completely takes the joy out of a game that I was just starting to get into. Its not even PvP. Its more like ambush and die. Usually by the time you realize you are being attacked you are dead.

Exactly right. You can’t outrun bullets, and you can’t win a fight when you can be damaged so quickly that by the time you even react you’re halfway to dead. Even if you started even, you’re at half health by the time you can counterattack so you’re bound to lose. It’s not a PvP system, it’s an ambush system. The defender never has a chance.

If they won’t limit PvP to opt in, then they need to change the structure to give the defender a fighting chance. Reduce the speed of hostile players so defenders have a chance to flee, and reduce the effectiveness of other ships to the weapons so it takes longer to kill another player. That way it’s a fair duel, not a bolt from the blue.

As it is, of COURSE PKers like the PvP system, they have all the advantages and none of the dangers! They can choose when they want to engage and attack without warning. It’s a griefing system more than a PvP system.

A couple more ideas: Normal safe zones (with the exception of warp gates) become hostile to hostile players, and will actually fire on them if they come close. They can only “do business” at pirate bays, and the prices are ripoffs. The prices paid for minerals are much higher, and everything else costs more. It’s the price for being limited to the black market. Also, hostile time is no less than a day. You either choose to PK that day or you don’t. If you decide to go hostile, you’re marked till tomorrow and can be hunted. Oh and PLEASE make red names have red arrows on the radar.

Make piracy a choice that comes with as many drawbacks as it does advantages and you’ll see a lot less trolling behavior.

good job explaining what already exists. those who go hostile have timers on when they can go back, they can only HEAL at a pirate bay, not land and do business, and on top of that, they cant heal in a normal safe zone, even though they can land. all skills are still available because they WANT pirates to exist. they dont want the people to think “HEY EVERYONE! PIRATE TO KILL REPEATEDLY TO MAKE THEM NEVER WANT TO PVP AGAIN!” they WANT pirates to balance out the fact that this has coop and pve. besides, have you ever gone into a system and seen everyone just sitting there harvesting? it translates to pirate bait.

Flag Post

If you dont like this (fairly normal for the genre) pvp system then never go play EVE. Here you lose maybe 20 minutes work. In EVE you lose your cargo, your ship, your equipment, everything with you at the time. It can set you back weeks of farming.

Do you know how hard it is to be a pirate at all in this game? You go hostile and almost immediately everyone in the system is ganging up to gank you. You dont want to be targeted by pirates? Stay within sight of another player. We wont come after you if there are 2 or more people because no one can win in group on one. PvP is very easy to avoid here.

Flag Post

to arceus: here is a tip. Try grouping up with people to take down bosses and elites that you have never killed before, you get a bonus exp that sometimes can boost you 2-3 levels!

Flag Post

I was never much of a PvP person, but I enjoy the PvP in this game. I got tired of being jumped by the pirates, and started hunting them down myself. First thing I do when I hit a system is check the map for red names. If they are within a few levels of me, I’ll go chase them down. Half the time if you show some spine you can kill them or drive them off (given you have been keeping up with upgrading your ship properly). I’ve gone pirate a few times, but most of the time I’ll just hunt down the red names.

You can easily turn the predators into prey. Instead of turning tail and running for the nearest safe zone, show some teeth. You might take a few deaths getting the hang of PvP rather than mindless PvE, but anyone can PvP.

Also, you should really get into the habit of hitting the recycle center on a regular basis. The only person responsible for losing a cargo hold full of scrap is you.