Forums Astroflux

Best places to grind

10 posts

Flag Post

Post opinions here on which system is the best for grinding each resource.

Scrap metal/hydrogen spillsDurian system – find the many spawners that spawn a lot preferably with the ships with beamer weapons and ships that shoot green lasers and drops hydrogen spills. Do not destroy the spawner, farm off of it until it stops spawning then destroy it. Spawners nearest to the middle are best.

Hydrogen spillsArrenius system

Tip: Look out for spawners with lots of ships flying around, they spawn the fastest.

Flag Post

Two things:

Exploring planets > Missions > Grinding
Arrenius > Durian

Flag Post

Exploring planets is limited and grinding is actually a better source of steel considering missions require flying to the warp gate, jumping to the system and finding where you’re suppose to go.

Yeah Arrenius is just as good for grinding but have npcs that hit harder and with Durian system you can rotate through spawners making it more efficient. In Arrenius there seem to be no spawners near each other that are good for grinding. There are 5 spawners between orbit of Helion and orbit of Illion. 4 of them should have ships that drop hydrogen spills. You want to farm those 4. One of them spawns slower though. There are probably more.

Flag Post

Exploring planets is limited, but gives a comparatively huge payoff and is overall a more efficient use of time.

The vast majority of missions do not require you go to the warp gate – You can complete most kill missions so long as they involve a type of enemy which is in you current system. Yes, even some of those missions which tell you to go to another system to kill something. (A loophole our friendly neighbourhood devs might want to close btw.)
Even so traveling to another system is hardly a huge hardship, especially when you’re getting materials and flux for it.

Dude no. Arrenius > Durian full stop.
The enemies are a higher level so they drop more loot. Both materials and artifacts (which you then recycle for even more mats).
Plus Mandrom spawns there and that’s a pretty good source of materials, artifacts and xp even if you can only snag a small part of it – Something that’s not worth doing with Dominator because it’s drop is tiny in comparison.
So the NPCs hit a little bit harder. It’s barely noticeable by the time you get there anyway. Except the elite area, stay away from that for a good while :p

Flag Post

Exploring planets shouldn’t even be here since everyone drops off teams then go grinding or whatever.

No, missions vary and all the good missions i get require jumping to the green zone and even then i’m sure i can grind way more steel in that same amount of time. For example, i have to kill the moth queen in Zergilin which will give me 1k steel and a few engine parts. I would never be able to do that unless i can find a person who will help me. It may drop decent stuff but i’m looking for steel to upgrade my weapons/ship, not better artifacts, plasma fluids or iridium which i can get plenty in Kritillian. The rest give rewards i can get in a minute. It really depends on location and missions you get. If it works out then it’s all good.

You obviously have not tried grinding in Durian or have been doing it in the wrong spots. Ask some people in kongregate chat, they will agree Durian is a better spot for grinding steel. The thing about the Mandron is that it takes longer to kill due to its rotation. The only good source i’ve found it to be is artifacts and i don’t really care what i get recycling them since i can get everything else more by grinding. Xp can be stolen since xp is given to the person who kills it. Hard to do that when you’ve got 3 other people shooting at it unless they’ll group with you.

Flag Post

I think I have to agree on Durian > Arrenius

I get about 16-20K steel/hour farming Durian spawners. Can’t say the same about Arrenius (anyone has numbers?)

As for exploring planets, what do you do once all planets are explored? :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by hrs111111:

I think I have to agree on Durian > Arrenius

I get about 16-20K steel/hour farming Durian spawners. Can’t say the same about Arrenius (anyone has numbers?)

As for exploring planets, what do you do once all planets are explored? :D

Exactly XD, now post more of others! Trying to make a list of best places here.

Flag Post

Actually its more like 25k/hr now, with lv6 speed and if you hoard and kill the aliens and move to the next spawner at the right time.

Does someone have an estimate of the drop rate for hyperion elites?

Flag Post

I have no exact numbers for the Hyperion Elites, but I did notice they are inferior to the red&blue ships in Durian when it comes to metal scrap drops. Though the elites do drop more artifacts, but that’s not a very reliable source of scrap.

Flag Post

Durian is definitely better for grinding steel and hydrogen.
Mainly because there ships drop crates with steel/hydrogen!
At Arrenius they often drop weapons that you already have = useless.