Forums Astroflux

Compiled suggestions and bug reports

22 posts

Flag Post

Artifact screen:

1. Have separate section for equipped artifacts so you can unequip them to quickly try new artifacts on. This separate section only refreshes when the screen is opened so you can put your old artifacts back on quickly.

2. Show your total stat levels – total armor, total shield regen, hp/shield, and allow me to highlight equipped weapons to see their new DPS. This way I don’t have to exit the artifact screen to see what my new armor is – important when comparing flat bonuses to % bonus artifacts.

3. Bug: new artifacts are now scattered randomly through inventory

4. Ask for confirmation to recycle equipped artifacts – this may be unnecessary if equipped artifacts are kept in a separate location as per suggestion #1.

5. Allow saving artifact “setups” so one can quickly change between artifact types -perhaps even allowing hotkeys for this to do it on the fly

Flag Post

Bug Report: Updated 11/13/12

1. If you use mouse movement/firing then it can click the text screen, which promptly gets filled in with text from WASD or special ability keys. Make this unclickable – everyone uses “ENTER” to talk.

2. Give the Queen bug thing in Zergillion a HP bar like other bosses – the explosion thing can be hard to avoid when you don’t know her exact health and only have short range weapons.

3. Last system is way too laggy from flame trails – need to reduce its quality somehow

4. When the map is up you have to click outside of the map to fire your weapons. Should be able to click anywhere

Flag Post

(comment moved from your profile)

Class System: After a certain level a person gets to choose a class – which they must then go on a quest to attain.

Suggested classes:

1. Bomber – half power cost for nuclear bomb, homing sticky bombs, +10% kinetic resist
2. Mine-sweeper – double radius for nova, 2 second mine activation, +10% kinetic resist
3. Tank – +50% armor, +50% damage for heavy cannon, -10% acceleration
4. Dog-fighter – +10% acceleration, +30% shield regen, +power regen
5. Scout – +15% top speed, +10% acceleration
6. Seeker – improved missile/cluster missile guidance, -20% power consumption from missile weapons
7. Pirate – Broadside shoots in front too, +10% top speed
8. Merchant – +25% recycle bonus, can buy all weapons
9. Pyro – +30% flame speed, +20% energy resistance
10. Infiltrator – x2 duration for shield hardening (but x2 cooldown time), piercing gun does x2 damage vs shields
11. Corroder – +30% range acid spray, +100 duration acid blaster, +30% corrosion resistance
12 .Jack-of-All Trades – +2 artifact slots (on class screen), +20% experience gain
13. Star-fighter – +10% energy damage, +20% shield regen, +15% shields

Flag Post

Updated

(moved from your profile)

Suggestions regarding reputation: 1. Increased rep gain based on your kill streak level – should get 1+ killstreak rep.

2. Rep based on level difference – so if a person is 4 levels higher you get 4 rep. If they are 4 levels lower then you subtract that from any killstreak bonus before awarding them rep (minimum 1 rep).

3. Purchase rep with minerals at pirate or police station (may need to make police station)

4. Random missions to kill other players – one player is told to kill another player in the system of opposite alignment and that player is also told to kill the other player. Should give decent rep.

4. Missions to kill people on large killstreaks in various systems (bounty missions)

5. If you break someone’s killstreak then you get their killstreak as bonus rep

6. Bounty missions – players can put money down to have a player hunted down – limit this based on player level so it isn’t abused to give low level players vast amounts of resources. Also limit how many bounties a person can put out.

7. Random non-pvp missions for rep – e.g. smuggling for pirates

8. Use rep as a sort of currency to buy random artifacts.

9. Kill streaks should be saved between systems and probably between sessions as well. Often there aren’t enough people in a system to keep PVPing so one must go to another system or log out.

Flag Post

Station suggestions:

Tinker’s Guild:

Allows combining artifacts to get a random combination of the artifacts combined. For example, if you combine an artifact with +10 armor +12% kinetic and an artifact with +10% all damage +5% corrosive resist then you might get an artifact that gives you +12% kinetic and +10% all damage.

Black Market:

They sell an artifact that changes every half hour or so. If it is bought then they are out of stock until restock.

Pirate Bay:

1. Sell random artifacts for pirate rep. The more rep you spend the better the class of artifact. This is a gamble.

2. Acquire system specific pirate missions to gain rep

Subspace Relay:

Quick teleport to any other station in the system

Police Headquarters;

Same as pirate bay but for police

Academy:

Choose classes and/or train skills here

Flag Post

PVP:

1. Spawn NPC police equal to the level of hostile pirates that will hunt them down. They should be non-hostile to police, but not OP. They should be exactly like players and have base upgrades (engine, shield, armor ,etc) equal to the pirate that caused them to spawn and random weapons at levels equal to the pirate that caused them to spawn.

Pirates will get rep for killing them as with normal players, and they add to killstreaks.

This will help prevent higher level players from killing lower level players. These NPCs are more likely to spawn as a person’s kill streak increases.

2. Pirate Bosses spawning in all system past Arneius – they have stats similar to the police NPC’s above, but they are based on the highest level police player in the system and they will tend to hunt that player down. These bosses are automatically teamed up with hostile pirates in the area so they can’t get rep for killing them.

3. Systems should keep track of pirate/police deaths, resetting when there haven’t been kills in a while, to determien the liklihood of whether police or pirate NPC characters will spawn.

4. Need an alert sound when someone is on a kill streak or killing players to make people take notice.

5. Different color icon for hostile players on the minimap (Orange?) as well as directional information.

6. Computer recommends killed players team up with other killed players – characters teamed up by this process are given a continuing mission to kill the player that has been killing them.

7. PVP protection – if a player has been killed 4 times in a row they are given the option to have PVP turned off for a period of time (like half an hour). If they keep PVP on they are given a mission to kill the person who has killed them.

Flag Post

Skill system:

Skills are bought with flux. Flux can be bought with minerals at a “Trading Outpost” which also lets you convert between other minerals.

Skills increase in cost each time you buy a skill based on the binary system – look at following table

Number of skills Cost for this skill in flux
1 1
2 2
3 4
4 8
5 16
6 32
7 64
8 128
9 256
10 512
11 1028
n 2^(n-1)

This allows skills to be gained quickly but they become much harder at later levels which encourages specialization. Reset of skills and refund is allowed with cost of flux. This also makes you more money without making paid players too OP.

Skills have prerequisites of other skills, specific pirate/police rep levels, actual levels and equipment/weapon levels. This might encourage some people to upgrade certain weapons so that they can get certain skills.

Skill ideas (skills with * have multiple levels)

Acceleration* – gives acceleration bonus
Maneuverability* – increases turning speed
Top Speed* – increases top speed
Automated Repair – armor regenerates at N per second (like shields) where “N” is equal to your level
Hardened Shields – shields have a sort of armor – equal to character level
Teleportation – short range random teleport
Invulnerability – +1 second of hardened shields
Enduring – damage reduction vs DOT effects like flame, acid or plasma gun (which is OP btw)
Focused (requires maxed beamer) – increase range of all energy weapons by 20%
Long-range (requires maxed out heavy cannon ) – increases range for all kinetic weapons by 20%
Potent (need maxed out acid spray) – increase acid duration by 100%
Heavy Armor* – 20% bonus to armor per level, 5 levels
Shield Batteries* – +20% shield regen per level
Rage – 5 seconds of invulnerability and 50% damage boost when under 10% health – 5 minute cooldown (large hits can instant kill before it activates though)
Point Defense Laser* (requires maxed out beamer) – auto targeting laser that only works on very small objects like locusts, missiles and mines. It insta-kills them, but has a delay between bursts – increased levels increase range and decrease delay
Explosive Mastery* (requires 4 levels in nuke)- +20% damage per level for all explosive weapons – moth spit gland, nuclear bomb, mines, missiles
Electro-damage shield (requires level 4 electro gun)- constantly electrocute anything that touches you
Biohazard (level 4 moth spit glad)- when killed you release a massive and powerful cloud of acid – you get exp for things killed in this way after death

Let me know if you want more.

Flag Post

Super-rare bosses:

Have some bosses spawn only once a week or so and crap out a bunch of epic artifacts or flux (need to have resource that gives you flux).

Perhaps you can use that nyan cat skin if you aren’t worried about copyright infringement.

Oh, and quit making bosses that explode and kill people on death – it isn’t cool.

The easiest way to do super-rare bosses would be to take existing bosses and alter their colors and weaponry. For example, you could change Mandrom to black and give him all missile launchers in his first phase. In his final stage he could spawn fighters.

Flag Post

Overpowered Weapons:

1. Plasma – definitely OP with the stacking continuing damage

2. Broadside – seems to be OP but need more testing

3. Gatling – A bit OP – low energy use, high damage, high range and large width. This combines to make it impossible to avoid and necessitates high armor builds early on.

4. Acid Blaster – possibly OP – my guess is that this is with flat bonus artifacts

5. Flame trail – this weapon makes energy builds an almost necessity since you need it to kill certain bosses or gain large amounts of exp. Everyone at high levels will focus on energy weapons unless the other weapon groups make it worth it.

Underpowered Weapons:

1. Nuke – needs to do at least 3 times as much damage (probably more like 5-8 times) to make it worth it – probably more. This includes blast explosion and continuing damage

2. Mines – easy to detonate without taking damage, high energy cost, long setup time, low damage for the effort. I recommend making mines less obvious – a color that blends in with the background to make them better for PVP.

Flag Post

Thanks for all of these comments. I don’t have time to read and reply to everything right now. But I want you to know we have taken notice :)

Flag Post

Thanks for noticing. I like to think of ways to improve games.

Flag Post

Gaining experience:

1. Game seems geared towards players who specialize in area effect/multi-enemy damaging weapons

2. To fix there need to be systems or areas where it is worth it to kill very powerful enemies. The Dread Algae would work, but their exp yield is far too low for my level to make it worthwhile considering the time and risk involved. Exp seems to scale down as you level up, but I don’t think it scales UP as you kill high level and elite enemies.

3. Currently the best way to grind is with weapons like electrogun, flametrail and i suspect missiles. This allows people to go to spawners in various systems and area effect them for large amounts of experience in a short amount of time.

4. Elite enemies in lower level system should be considered much higher levels for the purpose of exp gain. They should not be worth 1 exp unless you vastly outlevel them.

Flag Post

Artifact types:

Acceleration
Turning rate
Top Speed
Exp boost – flat and % types
Mineral boost – flat and % types, this could even be divided into specific mineral types as well as “all” minerals
Repair – auto armor repair (small amount)
Hardened shields – flat amount, similar to skill and stacks with it
Rep boost – flat and % boosts
Range boost – for all applicable weapons
Efficiency – % reduction in power cost of using weapons
Power – boosts to regen and max power
Solar Armor – very rare, immune to damage from stars, stars regenerate power and/or shields very quickly. Perhaps this type of artifact would only be dropped from a sun-based boss – a boss that stays near a binary/trinary star system so players must navigate the hazards to kill him.
Cloaking – your name doesn’t appear on the map (just the ship shows) or above your ship . No warning message when you go hostile.
Boost – boosting engines while you are in a landing area (not safe zone) makes the boost last for 10 seconds at twice the regular boost speed.

Flag Post

Abuse/more PK stuff:

1. It looks like some people appear to be using socks in order to get pvp kills. Checking their IP addresses would work. Another thing would be to have the game record whether or not most of these kills are from a select group of people and then a moderator can be informed to watch them.

2. Logging out to avoid being PKed.

I suggest that people can be immune to PvE damage while logging out, but their ship remains on for a good 30-40 seconds so they can be killed by PKers.

3. I suggest shield generators around safe zones that can eventually be destroyed to take down safe zone shielding to prevent people from simply staying in the zone and hiding out. This wouldn’t be abusive with my previous suggestion of PVP protection after being killed 4 times in a row.

Flag Post

Bug Report: Repair skill not working at all. I use it at it pops up with a green “0.”

This is in Arrenius – not sure if that matters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thegoodlocust:

Bug Report: Repair skill not working at all. I use it at it pops up with a green “0.”

This is in Arrenius – not sure if that matters.

I can confirm this one. Seems like shields drain drastically faster when this happens as well.

Flag Post

Yes, it seems like the problem is that the shield appears to be there, but it really isn’t and since there is no shield you can’t regenerate health. You’ll notice your shield going down after one hit from the weakest of things if you had previously let it get taken down.

Bug Report:
1. Shield hardening still doesn’t appear to be working
2. If a player lands on a planet (probably applies to logging out too) it leaves a yellow spot on the radar for a long time – probably until you either land or leave the system.

Bug Report: Mandrom has bugged out a couple times and become invincible. Every time I’ve seen it is during his second (bladed) stage. He moves oddly, the blades do no damage, but he still shoots lightning if you get close enough. This seems to be a problem with the transition to the bladed stage in which the bladed aren’t fully implemented and since they aren’t there they can’t be destroyed and he can’t die.

Flag Post

Just wanted to hire a new crew member at the Recycle Station at Durian, but the game tells me that sb else already hired it. Funny that there was nobody else nearby and the guy still pops up regularly when i visit the rec station. Troll crew obv…

Flag Post

Bug Report: Damage boost from Power Tree doesn’t appear to work for sticky bombs – either having it active when you fire, when it detonates or both.

Flag Post

1) there is a button below the game called report a bug
<———-HERE 2)There is a button called edit post
3)There is already a suggestion thread.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/230-astroflux/topics/307993-suggestions?page=2
off topic: why no mod bother about some1 posting 8 post in a row in a span of 2hr 31mins? curious face

Flag Post

Weapon Suggestion: Chaff Dispenser – Kinetic weapons need a trail-type weapon so kinetic people don’t have to upgrade flame trail to defeat late game enemies/bosses.

Description: Release dark grey/black clouds of chaff at intervals similar to mine laying – but they are much wider than flame trail (about 3 ship length diameter). These clouds do damage based on the speed/size (size obviously to make this work on large/slow moving bosses) of the target entering the chaff – the faster you hit the chaff the more damage you take – this should be fairly unforgiving. These clouds also destroy missiles and while they are active they create false radar images of players – which causes missiles and auto-targeting/homing weapons to aim at them if they are nearer.

This is very much like real chaff.

Upgrades increase the base damage, damage multiplier for speed, decrease energy cost (it is fairly high normally) and duration of chaff.

Flag Post

New buggish behaviour.

Shields are not being boosted by artifacts, OR they are being boosted but it’s not updating the display anymore.
eg: I should have roughly 4.5k shields, but my display (and ship menu) says I only have 1.4k

Either way it’s a bit hard judge my levels now.