Forums Astroflux

i like the game, at first

16 posts

Flag Post

im really frustrated…
i got lvl 11, i cant even get 5 metal before getting killed

i think that the problem is that pvp “not actual pvp, but killed by pvp”….system is the worst one ive even seen.
It just dont let u harvest..
player level, even 1 difrerence, makes the higher one almost invincible…

i really love the game, the first levels….
now… not so much….
thanks anyway

Flag Post

Actually the levels aren’t that big of a difference. It is more about weapon selection and skill. I’ve beaten players 10 levels higher than me in PVP.

That isn’t so much me being good as them being bad.

Flag Post

I also think they should fix the pvp system a bit…its annoying when you just have to sit and wait while someone rampages across the map.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thegoodlocust:

Actually the levels aren’t that big of a difference. It is more about weapon selection and skill. I’ve beaten players 10 levels higher than me in PVP.

That isn’t so much me being good as them being bad.

There are plenty of factors. Primarily the pvp types usually come at you when you are farming and may already be weakened or you get hit with a full salvo of damage which puts you on the defensive. Also, some weaposn just plain stink at pvp and new players don’t necessarily know what’s good until they’ve played awhile. I saw a level 13 guy with gatling guns. That will win every time when you get to surprise an opponent.

Flag Post

Many of the low level PvP pirates are alt accounts of experienced players. They learned what upgrades to buy and how to maximize resources while keeping their level low.

This goes against the first impulse of most players, which is to try to level up.

Just wait though. When you hit level 16 you really get thrown in the deep end, having to fight all levels, on maps that I don’t think anyone likes as much as the first set.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jellybiscuit:

Many of the low level PvP pirates are alt accounts of experienced players. They learned what upgrades to buy and how to maximize resources while keeping their level low.

This goes against the first impulse of most players, which is to try to level up.

Just wait though. When you hit level 16 you really get thrown in the deep end, having to fight all levels, on maps that I don’t think anyone likes as much as the first set.

Huh that hasn’t happened to me, seems only some people at level 20s do that. All others don’t really pick on lower levels and chances are if they are hostile, it’s so noobs don’t run by and steal their loot. That or i’m just lucky. :P

Flag Post

Way WAY too many things do DOT, and 99% of those WILL kill you if you get it on you.
Very frustrating. Needs toning down, if not removing from many things.
:(

Flame trail is still the worst – slow death from a single touch that you can do nothing about.

Flag Post

there is the skill you can trigger with the f key.

it gives you health regen with twice the rate of your shield regen.

this should be enough to survive any dot effect AFTER the combat happened. you of course need the max level in the hull tech for that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by manarius:

there is the skill you can trigger with the f key.

it gives you health regen with twice the rate of your shield regen.

this should be enough to survive any dot effect AFTER the combat happened. you of course need the max level in the hull tech for that.

Nope.
That skill removes shield points and converts them into hull points. Nothing to do with regen whatsoever.
This will not work as you say because:
- You’re under DOT so you likely won’t have any shields to convert, thus activating said skill will yield 0 points.
- If you do have shields then it’s pointless using the skill as you won’t have hull damage yet, so those shield points will be wasted and making you die quicker.

Flag Post

You can just press “Q” and you DOT dmg will be minimized to 1 for a couple of seconds.
Then “F” in a couple of seconds when you get some shield.
Do this when rushing to the closest save point and dont forget to accelerate using “E”. =)
That way you’ll have a very good chance to survive)

Flag Post

> Implying that everyone uses WASD and has those keys in easy reach.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SadCookieCat:

> Implying that everyone uses WASD and has those keys in easy reach.

If you use WASD and don’t have the keys in easy reach then your stupid. So I think its pretty safe to imply that part. Also, most people use WASD and since it is one of the most effective and time proven classics for games, however I can see where your coming from (using 1,2,3,4 can seem a bit cramped with WASD) but in the end, WASD wins.

Flag Post

I think you may have missed the point somewhere, or do arrows not exist anymore?
Not to mention that your “time tested classic” is a fairly recent development, and some of us are old and have over a decade of muscle memory for stuff like this, and that doesn’t just go away because it’s not the “in” thing anymore. :p

“Implying that everyone uses WASD and has those keys in easy reach.”
Think about it, and how that works for a minute….

Flag Post

There is definitely a leveling out point in the game. Fun experience early on, but becomes too hostile and difficult later on. Areas aren’t well balanced for levels, and players turn to PVP out of boredom. I’ve given up on the game as a result. If I want to continue to progress, it seems that the developers insist on me using cashing option. Games based on cashing bonuses or rely heavy on Kreds turn me off, and this game is certainly no exception. One pirate that surprise attacks you can undo hours of game play in experience and loot lost. Only strategy suggestion I get is, buy protections and check the mini-map often. My ship build is probably not ideal, as is the case in many games, but the only way to “fix” the build is to use Kreds to reset ones upgrades. Overall, there is just a limit to how much one can progress in this game without the use of Kreds.

Flag Post

I like this game, I like pvp, and I use mouse controls

Flag Post
Originally posted by SadCookieCat:

Way WAY too many things do DOT, and 99% of those WILL kill you if you get it on you.
Very frustrating. Needs toning down, if not removing from many things.
:(

Flame trail is still the worst – slow death from a single touch that you can do nothing about.

Here’s a tip: A well timed shield will completely negate all of the flame trail damage, as it lasts for 2 seconds, just like your shield skill. Also, flame trail isn’t that bad if you don’t go charging an opponent. Personally, I try to steer them with cluster missiles and locust swarm (the latter weapon which is not obtainable for a long time) and when they so busy dodging and get close enough in range, finish them with plasma. There’s definately a lot of strategy involved.