Forums Outernauts

Personal Suggestions to fix the lag issue

8 posts

Flag Post

I’ve been playing for a few days now and noticed horrible lag not only in battles but in exploration and homeworld too. It’s not my computer as I have a gaming graphics card 2 gigs of ram and the latest of all gaming software. A couple suggestions I’d make to aid with the lag issue is 1: being able to lower the graphics quality 2: perhaps being able to turn off battle animations 3: perhaps make channels that route to different servers so that while people can still play the game they’re not all on the exact same servers but still have a main server that hosts everyones info that is accessed for visiting/gifting friends.

Flag Post

You can right click and change your quality that way. It has nothing to do with that, though. It’s a memory leak. The longer you play, the more lag you will experience. They need to patch something up.

Flag Post

if the memory leaks are not intended to get adds of course

Flag Post

Another good cause of the lag is because they use very big background images for maps.

Currently i cant play more than 1 hour, then the lag starts and i have to restart the browser/flash plugin to clean memory.

Flag Post

The lag is crazy on this game… i would certainly play it if there weren’t so many connectivity issues

Flag Post

Agree; this is horrible. At its worst, the game will freeze for 4-5 seconds every 10-20 seconds or so. Refreshing sometimes diminishes the problem, but sometimes not, and it never makes it go away.

I have a reasonably beefy gaming system, and this occurs after a fresh reboot with no other apps running. No other applications lag this way. It’s pretty obvious the game is tripping over itself and itself only.

This can get REALLY bad when there are other players in dungeon with you, but that’s understandable almost excusable, while constant lagging during solo play is just ridiculous.

If any developers/admin are reading this, I would like you to know that this issue (and this issue alone) made me decide against making a $200 purchase with you. In fact, this problem is so irritating and so constant that I’m already a little bit angry at myself for what I did spend maxing out my slots before I appreciated how bad the problem was.

Please address this.

Flag Post

yes the lag get so bad half way through a dungeon .. really bad!

its not my system ,,, cos i play a ton of games and have never had even small choppyness ,, I have the i7 processor , 8 gig of memory and 4 gig graphics card …. its really over kill for web game.

anyway i hope it can be improved a bit without causing any loss of info or crash etc

Flag Post

I guess developers not unload locations objects (may be not reuse objects or not remove event listeners or smth. similar) so all locations including battles remain in RAM. So after 20-25 min browser eats more than gig of RAM.