Forums Outernauts

need tips about capturing volferno

24 posts

Flag Post

that beast keep on detonating before my eyes, what beast should i use ( capture) to add to the chance of capturing volferno.

Flag Post

I don’t think you can do much except capture a lower evolution.

Flag Post

so you mean it’s impossible to catch it without using gem?

Flag Post

Use a super orb to capture it. I don’t know when it learns Detonate, but it’s really annoying. I was trying to catch level 50 ones at The Construct and they Detonated 4 times in a row before I figured out they wouldn’t be captured by the normal means. It’s worth a super orb if you’ve earned a bunch for free like I did. Their stats are just as good as your starter beast and it has really strong fire moves. I just got to sector 6 and I have about 10 level 60 beats in my party and it actually has the best stats out of them all. I don’t have any elite+ beasts yet, though.

The most important part is finding beasts that have powerful moves. There’s some strong beasts out there but they have very average same element attacks which pretty much negates their strong stats. If a beast won’t learn a 350+ power STAB move you’re better off not fighting with it.

Long story short, Volferno pwns. Get it.

Flag Post

is there anyway to decrease the lv of beasts on CONSTRUCTION

Flag Post

ok i catch 4 of them without using super orb.

Flag Post

done.

Flag Post

Would be nice if you posted how you did it.

Flag Post

try putting him on sleep before it detonates. it will fail a lot but thats the best chance you have against high lvl ones.

Flag Post

ok yes that is the first trick, the second one is ( well i chose a water starter beast so this is kinda easy for me) use a faster beast try to 1 hit it down to lower 20% or 15% of it’s health. it will switch to bitter fist ( a skill which damage depend on it’s user health) then you can just try to put it to sleep ( water starter chamora has the best chance)

Flag Post

btw remember to single it out if you are doing it on the construct. it will help a lot because even if it detonate on first round you can still get sum of luna, which is enough to buy health.

Flag Post

good?

Flag Post

Thanks, good tips!

Flag Post

That’s weird. I have Chamora and almost knocked it out or did KO it every time I tried but it kept detonating if it had any HP left. I might have to go back and try this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TZwien:

Use a super orb to capture it. I don’t know when it learns Detonate, but it’s really annoying. I was trying to catch level 50 ones at The Construct and they Detonated 4 times in a row before I figured out they wouldn’t be captured by the normal means. It’s worth a super orb if you’ve earned a bunch for free like I did. Their stats are just as good as your starter beast and it has really strong fire moves. I just got to sector 6 and I have about 10 level 60 beats in my party and it actually has the best stats out of them all. I don’t have any elite+ beasts yet, though.

The most important part is finding beasts that have powerful moves. There’s some strong beasts out there but they have very average same element attacks which pretty much negates their strong stats. If a beast won’t learn a 350+ power STAB move you’re better off not fighting with it.

Long story short, Volferno pwns. Get it.

I thought Grawlion, Cactumus and Saberpus had higher stats?

Flag Post

That’s weird. I have Chamora and almost knocked it out or did KO it every time I tried but it kept detonating if it had any HP left. I might have to go back and try this.

maybe you are too high lv so it forget btter fist? i hunt them when they are lv 40-47

Flag Post

i forgot this but it will detonate if the damage of the skill detonate is stronger than the damage of the skill bitter fist. so in order for it to switch skill when you hit it to low health, all the beast facing it must have resistance to fire( the detonate skill’s element). ok?

Flag Post

Cactumus is a great beast, too. It has two very strong moves and a pretty high attack stat.

Saberpus has really bad moves. He’d need like 50% higher stats at least to counter his weak moves.

Grawlion has a pretty strong STAB move but I’m not too into Ghost types.

Chamora, Cactumus, and Volferno are my best beasts, but I have 4 slots to fill. I can’t really find another great one yet. I haven’t found a different type that has strong STAB moves.

Flag Post

try frozzila, believe me, he is good.

Flag Post

Cactumus is a great beast, too. It has two very strong moves and a pretty high attack stat.

Saberpus has really bad moves. He’d need like 50% higher stats at least to counter his weak moves.

Grawlion has a pretty strong STAB move but I’m not too into Ghost types.

Chamora, Cactumus, and Volferno are my best beasts, but I have 4 slots to fill. I can’t really find another great one yet. I haven’t found a different type that has strong STAB moves.

Saberpus has high defense and is just tank, apparently equivalent to Cactumus with a different play style.

Phantom types are great since they have few weaknesses and lots of resistances. Grawlion seems to have higher stats than every uncommon monster said here too.

Reasons i don’t like frozzilla and volferno are because although they have high stats, they also have a really low stat compared to others. They are also weak to 2 popular element types of starters and other popularly used beasts (flame, terra, aquatic, flora). Though i’ve heard volferno lasts well up to sector 6

Flag Post

Tanks are really overrated in this game. Especially since you can have 2v2 and 3v3 battles. You want to destroy everything as quickly as possible. This also means you want a variety of beast types that are strong against other types. Phantom isn’t strong against any basic types. Just flying and other phantom.

You want monsters that have STAB moves with power levels of at least high 300’s with no side effects. Chamora has a 425. Volferno has a 375 with 400% increased critical chance. He has detonate if you really need it which is 561 power at move level 3 only. No idea what it’d be at level 10. Cactumus has a 380 with 300% increased critical and 40% poison chance. He also has a 490 that lowers your attack by 50% when you use it. Great for finishing but not really practical for anything else.

Without strong moves like that you’ll need very high stats to make up for it, and I haven’t seen any beasts with stats like that yet.

I think defense is overrated because a lot of fights are 1 hit KO’s anyways. At most 2 hits if they have a ton of HP or defense.

Flag Post

What do you mean by “stab moves” anyway? Also Cactumus is almost always the first to die for me so not sure about volferno. I find most fights last 2 rounds though with severely injured monsters after the first round.

Flag Post

Same Type Attack Bonus.

Flag Post

Try getting an Alpha/Beta Mantix and learn Singularity, an ability which reduces any opponent’s health to 1 HP. Leveling that ability up to lvl 10 first is important, because the hit% is bad. 45% at lvl 10. About 30% or so at lvl 1.
Have a beast put it to sleep, then switch to Mantix and have it cast Singularity. It may take a couple of tries to get it right, but at 1 HP, capture chance should be pretty high.