Forums Sonny 2

Baron Brixius bug...

25 posts

Flag Post

I am not sure if it happened to anybody else, but often, when I fight Baron Brixius, he starts attacking hinself. This is particullarly good when he casts Tick Tock on hinself( once that, then, all there is left for me to do is to survive for ten turns ), but it makes the fight WAY easier then it was suppose to be…
Anybody else had that problem?

Flag Post

Weird, I’ve never seen him do that.

Flag Post

You mean attacking as a normal attack?
If not, then be ashamed of yourself for you failed to observe a simple game mechanic that was intentional on the developers part.

Flag Post

Yes… It is relatively rare, but I have seen he do that… I was wondering if anybody else had this kind of problem, or if I am just a lucky bastard…

Flag Post
Originally posted by axlkoegoskyeg:

Yes… It is relatively rare, but I have seen he do that… I was wondering if anybody else had this kind of problem, or if I am just a lucky bastard…

Then why the hell are you letting us know this?
The developer obviously does not care with the whole Sinjid development so no one will fix.
Whenever it is accidental or not is irellevant.

Flag Post

it’s probably when one of your allies is down, the 3-enemy choice algorithm backfires and chooses an empty spot, which for some reason (maybe null pointer prevention) then gives a self-pointer (or a pointer to central enemy of Sonny’s, that would explain corruptor orbs misfiring), forcing the Baron to target self.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

it’s probably when one of your allies is down, the 3-enemy choice algorithm backfires and chooses an empty spot, which for some reason (maybe null pointer prevention) then gives a self-pointer (or a pointer to central enemy of Sonny’s, that would explain corruptor orbs misfiring), forcing the Baron to target self.

Intersting, althought, I dont remember that happening outside the Baron fight…
My theory would be that, sometimes, his AI simmultanneally commands hin to:
1: Select self, use Holy Scars.
2: Select enemy, use( insert another attack here )
Then, being impossible to do both at the same time, due to the fact that, in Sonny, you must first select the target, then use a skill, then, by some reason( Confuse command priority, perhaps? ), he would select self and use a attack. However, I am not a programmer, so, it was just a far guess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by axlkoegoskyeg:
Originally posted by vesperbot:

Intersting, althought, I dont remember that happening outside the Baron fight…
My theory would be that, sometimes, his AI simmultanneally commands hin to:
1: Select self, use Holy Scars.
2: Select enemy, use( insert another attack here )
Then, being impossible to do both at the same time, due to the fact that, in Sonny, you must first select the target, then use a skill, then, by some reason( Confuse command priority, perhaps? ), he would select self and use a attack. However, I am not a programmer, so, it was just a far guess.

Yeah, thats probably about right.

I remember when he used Ticktock on him self accidentally, than, 5 turns later he cast holy scars and insta-killed himself XD

But yeah, relatively rare occurance.

Flag Post

The baron always used Tick-Tock on himself if I used freewill.

Er.. I mean… Once. I only used free will for one battle. Then he 1HKO’d himself with tock holy (Actually, 10HKO.)

Flag Post

Ehh, that happened to me when all my allies were down.
Cough, Cough
I was playing on heroic…

Flag Post

Well, if anyone discovers the reason / trigger for him to attack his self, you will share it won’t you?
(wink wink)

Flag Post

well, try entering the battle without Roald :) this should do, in fact, if it’s the bug with targetting. Anyway since the Baron targets randomly (or so it seems), this is not a sure way to earn pwnage.

Flag Post

how the hell do you beat him god i got him down to 10k hp then he 1 hit all 3 of my guys >_<

EDIT:i faced him again he used tik tok on himself the next turn he dealt 53k dmg on himself XD

Flag Post
Originally posted by 12345wery:

how the hell do you beat him god i got him down to 10k hp then he 1 hit all 3 of my guys >_<

I have one word for you, just one word: Disrupt.
Well, if you havent acess to a maxed out Disrupt, thought, this fight can be pretty hard indeed. Basically, keep a defensive stance, with your teammates in passive, as their attacks will do bullshit against then( Roald, particullarly, can be a very serious problem is he Silence the Baron, as it will cause hin to use Eletrical Storm ). Basically, whenever you CAN drain the Baron focus, drain the Baron focus. Unless you are extremely good at self healing, you will want to have some form of shield, or some mean to reduce the damage you take( Theorically, Icewall is perfect for this fight, but you probably wont have acess to it so soon… ). Overral, play defensively, be patient and you should win. Oh yeah, and whenever he cast Holy Scars, forget about the patience, put your teammates on reckless, and hit with your most powerfull attacks as they will deal actually serious damage for a change.

However, there are so many guides on how to beat the Baron, that it isnt even funny.

Flag Post

i completed without disrupt, icewall and defensive stance

Flag Post

to beat him just put four maxed disrupt an be sure you have at least 15 focus regen, then the baron damages self to regain mana and just kill himself.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sano2:

so you must have used (traumatize, if psycho) (Flash Freeze, Regulate, Mind Freeze, Regulate, if hydro/or just regulate)*
or you did alot or should i say a ton of training and did the shock coma,shock coma, high voltige, high voltige retrograde combo which ohko’s
or you did alout of training and did the withdrawl combo……am i right on 1

Flag Post

yeah,on the zone1, felicity used shadow blend on me,it was 1×1,she did many times..

Flag Post

Similarly, I had Nostalgia cast the 666 damage debuff on himself (itself?). Had no party members, but it was the very first turn so idk what happened.

Flag Post

i have had felicity cast her shield (blade dance) on the first turn to veradux.

Flag Post

I have encountered another weird, although rarely seen, bug with the Council. In fact two. One, when both council were stunned, one by me, one by Roald, one of them went down, and the other did not raise State of Emergency. Next fight, all went as usual, but I have slipped a turn when the council already had SoE, enough focus and I couldn’t prevent him from kicking me in my face with Court Order. I survived by icewalling the council. It has a 15-turn debuff that states “This unit takes 5000 damage per turn. This cannot be dispelled.”, but the very next turn I didn’t receive that much, only ~300 from “In Contempt”. Couldn’t check further, because the very next turn the council went down.

Flag Post

Meh. Just another bug.
Random Tip: The fight with him is really easy if your a biological. Max out the spell that takes away energy (Disrupt?). To regenerate energy the Baron has to take damage. This spell is also really useful when facing a high damage unit like the Sniper for the ZPCI, who cast Aim for the Heart or similar buffs.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LandisCarter:

so you must have used (traumatize, if psycho) (Flash Freeze, Regulate, Mind Freeze, Regulate, if hydro/or just regulate)*
or you did alot or should i say a ton of training and did the shock coma,shock coma, high voltige, high voltige retrograde combo which ohko’s

Did not use any of the useful abilities that you require. Thats why I am AWESOME

Flag Post

Did not use any of the useful abilities that you require. Thats why I am AWESOME
Anyway, I did not do ANY training at all, actually. You know why? Cuz if you do too much training for the Baron you will die faster

Flag Post

Anyway, I did not do ANY training at all, actually. You know why? Cuz if you do too much training for the Baron you will die faster

Why?