Forums Sonny 2

What would a TAS for this game require?

11 posts

Flag Post

I was thinking about doing a tool assisted speedrun to getting all the achievements, that or just legendary, and I began thinking about how to work it.

Should I go for something like electric psycho, or should I respec at almost every single battle, or should I go for a more luck reliant build, or would I need to create a new build that throws survival and consistancy out the window.

I’d also have to pick and choose the gear carefully.

I personally think that this is very interesting since a TAS run of this game would be very very different to a normal speedrun.

Anyway, what are your opinions?

Flag Post

Speedrunning a game that requires outlasting enemies? It is ever possible? I’d go for electric psycho with shock coma, since this build makes it fastest in terms of turns taken to defeat an opponent, at least early on. You might go for Ultimatum-based build too, with a lot of Epiphany/Insecurity/Dark Echoes later on. Also if you won’t go for Legend, you have a better approach for skills.

Flag Post

A tool assisted speedrun would eliminate all need for hp or relying on attacks hitting or relying on crits etc etc etc.

Any ideas following more along those lines?

Hell, it might even be faster not using allies due to their animations, I say this for most fights though.

Flag Post

You will most likely lose much due to this, or get stuck at some bugs with Baron, I’ve seen a report on this, if you come at him without full party, he sometimes screws up, but he can also simplify his own defeat :) And, how could a TAS eliminate the need on hitting enemies in order to defeat them?

Flag Post

I mean with a TAS, you can manipulate luck as much as you want, causing all attacks to be critical and all attacks that can miss to miss, and dangerous attacks that can’t miss to sometimes not be used by the AI.

I say sometimes as in if the move is guaranteed to be used.

Flag Post

Sure enough, then take electric psycho and make all those enemies use normal attack that always misses. I don’t get it why do you need that.

Flag Post

I mean, electric psycho doesn’t miss, so is it really the most powerful build?

Flag Post

“Powerful” depends on how to measure power. Speed bio with its never-missing Crystallize and Withdrawal, and packing 48k/strike (fully buffed, takes 5 turns) is more powerful vs one, but electric psycho has crowd control capable of totaling 2 out of 3 enemies out of combat, which pwnz a little more. Hydro has the literal immunity combo, so given enough time it’ll prevail over everything, this is powerful too. If you are capable of hybridization (there is a glitch in Sonny 2 that allows cross-breeds), a simple Ultimatum+Cold neurology is already enough, and more deadliest combos exist.

In short, “most powerful” – likely no, “very powerful” – yes.

Flag Post

By powerful I mean least turns to kill enemies.

Flag Post

Probably it is. I can’t measure builds in terms of this, as I have to bother about survivability. In fact a coma-build can 7HKO/6HKO one enemy of any health, which is faster than either speed bio or electric psycho, but in general electric psycho is faster.

Flag Post

Maybe swapping between electric psycho and coma?