Forums Sonny 2

Sonny 3 Suggestions

848 posts

Flag Post

I didn’t make Sonny but i’d thought i would just post this while people are finishing up Sonny 2 and some replaying Sonny

My suggestions are keep the battle graphics the same as the origanal Sonny it’s waaaaaay faster and no one really cares about the graphics when u have a game like this, the AI things really good, i really think hp is over what it should be… it was to low in Sonny and way to high in Sonny 2, i got roald to 9996 hp, while in Sonny i ended up with 300. Somewhere inbetween that is fine. That graphics thing is big, it took me 12 minutes to beat one fight at 3fps

Flag Post

Wow, the 2nd one just came out and your already making suggestion for the next one.

Flag Post

Umm… why are you making suggestions for the third one when Sonny 2 JUST came out?

Flag Post

Wouldn’t this actually accomplish something in a forum that the Sonny creator reads? Why did you start it somewhere where he is never going to read it?

Flag Post

I didn’t make Sonny

We all know you didn’t made Sonny 2, we’re not THAT stupid. :P

no one really cares about the graphics when u have a game like this

Well, yes, people do care about the graphics.

i got roald to 9996 hp

You got Roald to 9.996 hp because you:
a) Grinded.
b) Cheated.
c) Lied.

That graphics thing is big, it took me 12 minutes to beat one fight at 3fps

1) Your computer sucks,
2) You can set the quality to Low.

And, do you really think Krin/ArmorGames would read this? And you could at least make better suggestions, and at ArmorGames forums.

Flag Post

The graphics thing isn’t a “you’re computer sucks” issue, its a hardware issue dealing to the way the card deals with Vector Graphics.

VERY GOOD graphics cards have problems with Sonny’s graphics.

There is a reason no one in their right mind uses that much vector animation in a flash game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by listle6:

Wow, the 2nd one just came out and your already making suggestion for the next one.

okay.. how did it just come out if it was about a year ago??

Flag Post

sonny 1 and 2 was pretty awesome so keep up the good work

Flag Post
Originally posted by gardengnomes:

… ummmm

anyway to those commenting on how suggestions came out right after the second…
Is it really much different from the other games that just come out. Amorphous had suggestions about the day it came out. Fancy pants (oh! what a horrible game!) got suggestions after the second one came out (im not even mentioning platform racing and Mud and Blood)

Is it really that amazing, I mean c’mon it’s the kongregate forums

Flag Post

Here are my ideas for Sonny 3:

First, the attributes. They can be changed to the following.
Physical – red
Poison – green
Light – white
Shadow – purple
Fire – orange
Ice – blue
Electric – yellow
Cosmic – pink

The classes can also be changed. These are only MY vision, so don’t flame me if you think they’re bad. And some of them are same as Sonny 2, like Bio.

Biological: a class that focuses on the physical and chemical attacks a living organism can create, mostly strength based.
Physical build: this build focuses on changing the shape of the body into claws, fangs, spikes, etc. Its main form of offence is physical melee, and supports are self-buffs.
Special form: Predator – morph into a destructive Predator, which is shaped like a red wolf.
Poison build: this build focuses on generating biotic toxins with internal organs. It can inflict massive damage-over time with its poison, or dealing direct damage with acid attacks.
Special form: Toxicant – morph into a deadly Toxicant, that looks like a green reptile with claws and fangs.

Psychological: a class that focuses on attacking the mind of the enemy, almost completely instinct based.
Light build: this build focuses on the positive thoughts, such as enlightenment, salvation, and holiness. Its main abilities are healing and buffing your teammates, but it also have powerful attacks.
Special form: Sage – morph into an enlightened Sage, a figure surrounded by white light.
Shadow build: this build focuses on the negative thoughts, such as hatred, torment, and sadness. Its main abilities are debuffing the enemy, with some damage-over-time abilities, but some of the abilities involves damaging your own teammates to gain advantage.
Special form: Psychopath – morph into a crazed Psychopath, a figure surrounded by darkness.

Energy: a class that focuses on the manipulation of energy. This class is the most versatile, as it focuses on all four of the main stats.
Cosmic build: this build focuses on manipulating the energy of the universe, and is based on instinct and speed. It has both powerful healing and attacking abilities.
Special form: Astral – morph into a nebulous Astral, a being made of cosmic light and stardust.
Electric build: this build focuses on generating bioelectricity using your own life force, so its abilities are based on your strength and vitality. Powerful attacks and buffs, but some abilities costs Health instead of Focus.
Special form: Charger – morph into an energetic Charger, a being made of shining golden electricity.

Hydraulic: this class focuses on the manipulation of heat and moisture, and is based on strength and instinct.
Fire build: this build focuses on blasting your enemies with flames and intense heat. Extremely powerful attacks, but not very high survivability.
Special form: Avenger – morph into a relentless Avenger, your skin becomes red and your entire body is engulfed in flames.
Ice build: this build focuses on freezing your enemies with ice, and protecting yourself with water. Unlike the fire build, this form has very high survivability, since it can attack, heal and buff at the same time.
Special form: Guardian – morph into a resilient Guardian, your skin becomes blue and you are encased in an armor of ice.

Flag Post

More classes, skills, weapons, the usual.

Flag Post

Just like for Amorphous+, I have tons and tons of ideas inside my brain for Sonny. I just listed a few of them.

Flag Post

Ideas Now – . – Sonny 2 only just got released – . -

Flag Post
Originally posted by gardengnomes:

First one came out last April. Second one came out in December.

Flag Post

HEY lol dont post comments for sonny 2 yet… DO THAT IN MARCH!

Flag Post

Sonny 2 easy Krin said he would make a sonny 3

Flag Post

I can’t even beat the first fricking guy

Flag Post

Mark? You posted a comment as Sonnytworocks I’m surprised noobie.

Flag Post

Why are people complaining about the 3rd sonny? shouldn’t we all be happy? yes true there could be room for improvement. and for the people that cheat in the game are really !@#$%. why cheat and waste time when u can actually have fun.

i hope u make sonny 3.. it will be the best. GOOD LUCK <(^^)>

Flag Post

I suggest that they don’t make sonny 3.

Flag Post

i suggest they have a level higher than 30

Flag Post

i wish that we could talk to the makers ={

Flag Post

They are going to update it, there will be no sonny 3, but there will be a new Sinjid. The game will just be called ‘sinjid’

So, I was thinking about what to do with the next Sinjid… The SotW engine was outdated, and SotW had really pushed it to the limit, making a new game with the same engine would just mean (on the gameplay level) a bigger world to explore, new item skins, and different numbers during a fight.

It doesn’t seem like a good idea to sink time into making the same game, with just different maps and items. So I emailed my old friend Erik asking him about Flash multi player programming, and he said he’d love to work with me on the game, and his friend too (who can program pro Flash multi user applications). So now we have a new team with the capability to develop a Flash MMORPG. But we would have to start the project from scratch to make it efficient and compatible. No problem, let’s make some blue prints.

Now we’re still at the planning stage (the plan must be perfect, because once a system as complicated as this is being built, making changes during the creation process will be very hard), so I’d like to share some of the design notes here and toss around ideas with the most important people to this project: the players.

Now the focus of this game will be group-play. Character customization and stat building and all that… it’s so easy to integrate into a Flash game that it’s not even special anymore. Anyone and their dog can make a good single player RPG Flash these days where you ‘build’ your character. (See: Adventure Quest, Dragon Fable, MARDEK).

When I made Sinjid, there wasn’t really anything similar (AQ was out but was horrible at that time), we were moving forward with Flash. But now that everyone else is moving forward too, I want to move upwards. So the focus of this project is to balance it around multi-play, and especially PvP.

DESIGN NOTES!

Classes

So far, the game will have 5 classes (maybe not on release, but class balance is designed with all 5 classes in mind. It is near impossible to introduce new classes and balance them when the design is already set in concrete).

The classes are:

Dreadnought: Typical ‘warrior’ class. Depends on brute strength and damage to down his enemies. Will typically have higher HP than all the other classes.

Phantom: ‘Ninja’ class… This is what Sinjid would be. Also a melee centered class, more fragile, but faster than the Dreadnought. His poisons, equipment and techniques are the basis of his strength. He can offer light healing support once in a while, with his bandages and herbs.

Enigma: Caster class: uses Shadow spells. The Enigma is the master of light, time, and space. His attacks are well controlled and deadly, but not always direct and sudden. He also has support healing abilities.

Templar (Name may change): Hybrid melee/caster. A reactionary class, his strength comes from the manipulation of battle. The Templar is tough, and has arrays of group support spells and heals, as well as powerful burst damage spells.

Phaser: Caster class: has 3 forms. Ice, Fire, and normal. Shifting forms allow him to use different spells. His fire spells are deadly. His ice spells give him more control of the fight, and in normal form, he has utility spells that can recharge his energy, power up allies, or lock down his enemies.

Combat Interface:

I wanted to make a UI for the combat elegant and simple, yet giving the player smooth control of the fight. In a 3v3 fight you would have 6 enemies. To make a move you first select your target. Targets are classified as either “Self”, “Friendly”, or “Hostile.” once you click him, a circle of 8 buttons will form around the target, will the abilities that you can use on that specific target. It will make targeting, and choosing a move much easier in big fights, and also saves space on the screen.

Your combat panel can only have 8 abilities on it. Each class will have about 15-16 moves in their spell pool, but you can only ‘equip’ 8 spells. This is so there is some strategy to your combat style: To have strength in one thing will mean you have to be weak in something else. If you can be strong in everything, then PvP would die pretty quickly.

The concept of the Mana pool has been scrapped. Instead, there is a ‘focus’ pool, and it is percentage based. The point of this is to reduce the reliance on stats as much as possible. Fights should not be primarily determined by level, or items, or luck: I want it to be based more around a rock, scissors, paper element and control of the class.

The solo-play, and the co-operative vs computer aspect will still be based on gear though, it makes sense like that, and better items will make big differences in PvE.

More to come later. Add suggestions, and ideas.. This is the only time where anything is possible!
-Krin

Flag Post

Is it possible to carry over stats and equipment from one game to the next?
Will the story pick up where the last one left off? Though Sonny was basically just a sequence of battles, the story foundation was enough to drive the player through to the end of the game. I liked the scenery, mythology, and zombie concept.

Flag Post

Now i’m not a sonny nerd but i think that the graphics could be inproved.

I think that the weapons could be much more dangerous and more good looking. The armour and clothing could be more decrotive. Apart from that i reakon sonny 1 and 2 is the best game online!!!!!