Forums Sonny 2

Sonny 3 - What we want!

600 posts

Flag Post

Sonny 3 – What we want!

PvP – It would be good if we had more options! Make some (Yes, you)
Story – Story is great so far, but come up with a twist!
Classes – More Classes! Make some!
Ability Tree – Make some new abilities!
More! – Come up with some great ideas!

All you Kongregaters, get ideas!

Flag Post

Just so you know, Krin is planning to add one additional class when he makes Sonny 3, the last time I checked.

Flag Post

I haven’t beaten Sonny 2, and I do want to know what happens in the end, yet with all these “SP01L3R ZZ0MMGGG” tags everywhere, there isn’t a single spoiler. >__>

Flag Post

Sonny 3 – What we want!

Not Sonny 3 please…

Flag Post

I know, I hated Sonny, gonna wait till Sonny 2 gets badges (like I know it will) to play it for the badges.

Flag Post

if you want to ask questions like these, talk to Armorgames…

Flag Post

Unfortunately, Craig, implementing a good number of those ideas would absolutely shatter the MB limit for Kong (unless, of course, Kong pulls a redirect for us). Then again, I’m not that great of a Sonny fan, so I wouldn’t complain if he did these just to keep it away from us.

Since you insist, though… here’s what I think should be in Sonny 3.

Story For crying out loud, before you ask for more plot twists, give us some damn background information.

I want to know how Sonny ended up on the boat in the first place. I want to know where Veradux came from. I want to know where Felicity and the Baron came from. Hell, as of the end of Sonny 2, the only significant character with any backstory given in-game is Roald, and I like him the least.

I also want to know what happened to the characters you met in the Valley of Illusions. Sure, it was an add-on, but I want to know how to get Amber again because… well, she’s Amber.

Gameplay Make something more challenging, Krin.

Sonny actually had some decent challenge. I mean, you still had to go for Heroic Motivation regardless of your class (since that was your only party debuff remover), but you still relied on your allies for a bit of support (Veradux, for example, had the valuable version of Energize). Sonny 2, your allies kinda took the backseat while Sonny was imbalanced.

I was tired of fighting wave after wave of generic enemy with some original enemy or two in between that I could simply beat with Wraith/Shock/Shock/Storm/Shock/repeat or Flash/Frost/Flash/Hypo/MF/Shatter/repeat or Toxicant/Infect/Envenom/Envenom/Envenom/repeat. Re-Specing had little value (if any at all), which means there wasn’t that much strategy involved in beating your enemies.

So Krin, from someone who’s beaten both games too many times to count, please make Sonny 3 challenging. And don’t just stack a couple thousand HP on enemies and add a timer to Challenging/Normal and call that Heroic/Hard/whatever. Force us to change our wheel roll-outs on some kind of basis (and no, once doesn’t count). Force people to exhaust their options. Sonny’s a strategy game, not a fighter, which means there should be no such thing as a BnB that works on everyone.

Music I want more original music.

After beating Sonny too many times to even care, I “played it” (e.g., for that challenge) to listen to the game’s battle music. So expecting some more mind-blowing tracks, I loaded up Sonny 2. The first battle song I heard was… okay. The second one… wait a minute, it was a reformatted version of “Duty Calls.” The boss music… was a synthesized version of the original boss music! They didn’t even bother redoing Heroic Confrontation (which was the most popular of the original three songs)!

Also, going from arranged to synthesized is a step down. For this one, I want Krin to bring back the original arrangement methods. If David Orr was off the team for Sonny 2, bring him back on.

Flag Post

WHAT I WANT!

Sonny 3 to remain unmade.

I’m sorry, but the gameplay is so grindtastic I’d rather beat myself in the head with a hammer. I’ll watch a video of someone else playing the game, I guess.

Flag Post

I didn’t think it was much of a grind, I could win every fight first or second time.

Flag Post

sonny 3, more than 3 classes
more killing
more weapons

Flag Post

Doesn’t preloading from another server completely get around the whole game size issue?

Flag Post

doesn’t sonny 2 already have pvp?

Flag Post

Sonny 3 – What we want

Oxymoron. I don’t actually mind Sonny but I tire of all the rabid fanboys who keep on about it.

Flag Post

I agree with xlridescene. Sonny 2 was waay too easy completed it in a day. Would like a Sonny 3 ( if one is ever made) with a story line that lets you delve into the past of Sonny, gameplay that is a challenge like Sonny. Information about stats and so on but mainly no stupidly hard bosses at the end with 1 mill health that can heal for like 3 mill.

Flag Post

depends on the class

i can’t win from that boss with massive health with hydraulic

Flag Post

Story:Blah blah Sonny and friends fight some uber mostahs then blah blah then they reveal the secrets of ZPCI and other evil corporations,fight some more uber monstah,s and they die.Every one.

Flag Post

+ More classes and abilities
+ Quicker level up – less grinding
+ If you get game-over, return to the map instead of the main menu
+ A way to toggle the quality while fighting and not only at the map
+ More zones
+ More items
+ An easier way to sell itemes (it takes a while if your invertory is full)
+ Ability to choice against wich enemy you want to train
+ Better AI
+ A harder difficulty without a timer
+ A sandbox mode – you get infinity skill and attribute points

Flag Post

guys, sonny 2 isnt even on kong yet and sonny 2 was released on armorgames like 2 months ago, why are we talking about sonny 3????

Flag Post

the second one isnt even on Kongregate, what makes sure the third one is coming on on Kongregate, let alone even coming out.

Flag Post

its gunna take at least another year for sonny 3… yet alone a few more months to get sonny 2 to get on kong

Flag Post

I’m amazed Sonny isn’t an EA game.

Theres so much hype and so many fan boys but at the end of the day the games are nothing special

Flag Post

Guys! it takes LONG time to makes such games, so keep with sonny 2 for now-.- u think he started plan sonny 3 just now? well he didnt and even if he did it would have taken like LONG time before he was done so PLEASE keep to sonny 2!

Flag Post

I would like less random status effects that do s**t. And when I say ‘less’ I mean ‘none whatsoever’. I mean, seriously…

Acidic Residue: This character feels irritated. Apart from that, this status effect does nothing.
Unknown Ailment: What is this? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?
True Form: have not been able to read what this does yet

All of these status effects do nothing, and I could probably think of a bunch more too, if I could get further into the game…

Flag Post
Originally posted by craigkiller:

Sonny 3 – What we want!

For it not to be made.

Flag Post

Why did you post this here, does the maker of sonny live in kong?