Forums Sonny 2

Sonny 2 Phsychological vs. Biological

14 posts

Flag Post

Which one do you play and why?
I started with Psychological because I played a magic-using Guardian in the original Sonny. For Psychological, there’s only basically two ways to play though: using the elemental spells or using shadow spells. For elemental spells (which deal more damage), I would still have to get that shadow thing that heals you if it hits and Free Will. Also, Psychological has 2 different forms which it can transform into which is pretty good.
I’ve only played Biological for a little bit but already it deals more direct damage that Psychological, though I also always run out of focus much faster, even with a regeneration passive, forcing me to also use Leading Strike pretty often. DoT is lacking compared to Psychological.
So yeah they’re pretty balanced. What do you play and why?

Flag Post

I tried both and I preferred Psychological. And of the two major directions I preferred the electrical build of the class. It requires a decent amount more strategy than the bio class but can push out much higher damage and can be a lot better at ending battles quicker. I just finished the imp badge using psy class and the best build I found going through the game was to have electrical build with free will as well (terrify w/ schadenfreuda isn’t strong enough). Free will is more than powerful enough to keep you alive when paired with Veradux. Then you can stun the enemy with both Traumatize and Shock Coma.

A fully powered shock coma in two slots can lock down a person completely while you kill off his allies. The healing to him doesn’t matter as he’s not the one your killing. If you want to use it to kill of an enemy though you just combine it with Confinement and they gain next to nothing in healing. You can permastun a single enemy like this so that you don’t even have to try to kill them, it just happens.

As for the different forms I used Wraith form alot in my first run but realized when doing the imp run that the turn spent going into it wasn’t worth the extra damage that it did.

Flag Post

Biological is my favorite cuz I got the impossible badge with it. It suits my play style more of using predator form and destroy.

Flag Post

I like phsychological better personally, but whenever i used it, sonny took damage each school no matter what i tried. Besides that, i also beat the impossible with phsycological where i could not beat it with biological.

Flag Post

i meant turn where i said school. i was thinking of something else

Flag Post

Hydraulic. ’Nuff said.

Flag Post

Bio>Hydro>Psycho.

Bio has
-the highest 1-hit damage.
-the highest speed.
-the second best stun.
-the best lockdown strategy.

Bio wins because high speed and the ability to nuke means that you can kill most enemies before they can do anything (which is especially true in PvP).

Hydro has
-the most flexibility.
-the highest DPT.
-the best stun.
-the second best (and the fastest) lockdown strategy.

The flexibility is ridiculous.

Psycho has
-Shock Therapy.
-the best support with Free Will and Salvation.
-the Ultimatum/Free Will combo, which makes you invincible in PvM.

By putting it last, I’m not saying psycho is bad by any means. Shock Therapy is one of the best skills in the game, and the awesome support/invincibility is nothing to laugh at.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Penguin32:

I like phsychological better personally, but whenever i used it, sonny took damage each school no matter what i tried. Besides that, i also beat the impossible with phsycological where i could not beat it with biological.

The ability overdrive hurts you every turn.

Flag Post

iv’e tried both but i prefer to be powerful with my mind over strength and speed so i choose psychological

Flag Post

I cannot stand melee characters so psychological by default.

Flag Post
Originally posted by piratemonkey:

Biological is my favorite cuz I got the impossible badge with it. It suits my play style more of using predator form and destroy.

Right, too bad the CD on that skill is terrible. :|

Also, the biological class is not strictly a melee brute strength attacking class, depending on how you choose to optimize it, it can also be turned into a poison oriented class as well.

Flag Post

I use Bio. In Sonny 1 I use a offensive Guardian, 30% Magic and 70% physical.
I find Bio a whole lot easier to use than Psychos. I don’t like sacrificing teammates, too. I’d rather use them as meat shields.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dracogangake:

I use Bio. In Sonny 1 I use a offensive Guardian, 30% Magic and 70% physical.

I find Bio a whole lot easier to use than Psychos. I don’t like sacrificing teammates, too. I’d rather use them as meat shields.

Making a good psycho is easier than making a good bio, tbh. All a psycho needs is Shock Therapy, Electrical Storm, and Free Will. It takes most players much longer to figure out the Withdrawal nuke. Also, no one uses Betrayal.

Flag Post

I like phycological because of its powerful spells and the spell terror. It makes the class very hard to kill. I beat the baron without draining any of his focus with this class.