Forums Sonny 2

Sonny 2- walkthrough for some tough opponents

143 posts

Flag Post

Sonny 2 is one of the most popular and addictive RPG games ever made. So , It’s natural that you may have difficultycoping up with the enemy AI. So here are a few tips that really helped me (biological) beat some of the hardest enemys in the game.

Firstly, here is one of the most effective combos in the game (you may have seen this elsewhere as it is not exactly my finding).Thia combo can be used lvl 10 onwards. But it’s most effective when all skills are maxed out and you have a high speed and strength.

step 1: Use toxicant form. This gives you 40%more damage.
step 2: Use shadow blend. This multiplies your already formidable speed by 1-4
step 3: Use agile exposure, weakening your opponent by 60 to 100%
step 4: Use withdrawal…. watch weak opponents meet their maker, or cripple stronger opponents.

If you’re in a hurry you can avoid either step 1 or step 3. You can also replace step 3 with a slash attack. for convenience I’ll call this ComboX.

This guide contains instructions to defeat:
Twisted Experiment
The Warden
Frankie
ZPCI Elite
Baron Brixius
Clemons the deciever
Mokoshotar
Gregor
Hydra
Police Colonel
Android Guard
Council (I think that’s what they are called)
Mayor

Twisted Experiment
Not much to do. Use brute force. Focus all your points on speed and strength,(occasionally a few on vitality)and equip fully upgraded slash and break. Now you have two high dmg attacks – slash and destroy – Use it till he has lost almost half his hp. At this point use disrupt to drain his focus. Otherwise he’ll use withdrawal and not only take a good portion of your hp away, but also heal himself. Repeat this strategy, regularly draining his focus to prevent big hits, and he should be dead soon enough.

The Warden
Like above use slash and destroy till he is almost killed. When he is close to death, he will use a death sentence and kill one of you. Only way to prevent that is to use Break. So use Break when he has only about 200hp left, and do maxmum dmg before he kills one of you. By that time he should be below 100 or 150. One of you is more than enough to finish him.

Frankie
First kill the doctor. If he stays alive he’ll keep helping Frankie whoop your ass. If Frankie puts a shield around the doctor, keep attacking and destroy the shield. Once the doctor is killed, it gets pretty much straightforward. Keep using slash and destroy on Frankie till hes dead(you’ll need to use leading strike and break too, once in a while).

ZPCI Elite
You’ll be facing these guys later in the game too, so this is a general strategy. Keep damaging him with slash and destroy. Do not use break. When he gets a buff for dealing 400%dmg (easy to notice as he’ll turn all red in colour) use break to stun him. Repeat until dead.

Felicity
The cute zombie chick with a sexy voice. Keep damaging her (slash and destroy) till she has about 1000hp left. From this point onwards she’ll start taking 50%less dmg and dealing 50%more dmg. keep Veradux on defensive. Once in a while one of you will get a buff called Black metal making healing 95% less effective. Keep your entire team on aggresive when that is active. If Felicity uses shadow blend (she’ll turn black) disrupt and take away her focus. Otherwise she’ll use slash and take away a large amount of hp. when she’s down to about 300hp the battle get’s over.

Baron Brixius
He first appears as the Cult leader at the frozen village. The Cult Leader can be defeated using brute force. Baron is a totally different story. At first keep destroying his focus using disrupt. He will get deep burns- restoring his focus but causes 4000+ hp for several turns. the turn immediately after using disrupt use break, cuz he may get desparate and use Tick Tock (pretty annoying). Repeat until he is at about 40000hp. At this point he starts getting Holy Scars, exponentially increasing the dmg he takes. Start using ComboX (don’t forget to use disrupt too). But there’s an easier way that requires some timing, and luck.
If you manage to give him deep burns( by destroying focus) when he has holy scars, he will kill himself as the deep burns cause about 40000+hp.

Clemons the deciever
There’s not much to do but use brute force (with comboX at regular intervals) in the beginning. But later when he heals himself and reveals his true form(conveniently taking a lot more damage) , release a full ComboX. If you have a high amount of speed and strength, he should either be killed… .or close to it.

Mokoshotar
It may sound wierd, but dont use Break. Let him attack. Eventually he’ll turn one of you into a werewolf, making you deal massive amounts of damage. Make sure that whoever gets turned into the werewolf is in relentless mode. If you get converted, use a short ComboX. The conversion may not last enough to perform a full combo. Repeat until dead.

Gregor
This guy keeps healing himself. This skill does not require much focus, so no point using disrupt. Also it has very low cooldown, so he can use it again and again till it gets extremely annoying. The key is to kill him in as few turns as possible. Use comboX to deal lot of damage as soon as his healing ability runs out. If he uses it again subversion may be helpful. Stun him before he is able to use his healing skill to gain the upper hand.

Hydra
Looks tough but you can actually beat all three with a few well placed ComboX’es. Take down the weaker ones first before you go for the big fish.

Police Colonel
Lots of hp. Use break to reduce the attacks he can perform while his Guns Blazing skill is active. The key is to hit him hard when he is reloading, making him take 400%more damage. If you can predict when he is going to reload, be ready with a full ComboX. If you can’t, stick to a shorter varient when he is realoading. Repeat till he is dead.

Android Guard(not really that tough)
They are almost always covered a force field that is pretty hard to break. Use ComboX to kill him in one hit even if he is guarded(Use the full combo!). Seize opportunities…. attack the one whose shield is almost completely depleted by your teammates attacks. Also they often stun themselves to recover focus. Hit him with everything you got!!

Council
these are the dudes that have a shield around them all the time. But you can easily break the shield and overcome them. However If you kill one of them without damaging the other, the other guy can easily kill your entire team with one hit kills. This is cuz when one of them dies, the other is granted unlimited focus, givin it enough power to whoop your ass with one hit kills if it has too much hp. So damage both of them at the same time. when both are pretty much doomed, kill one. Before the other can do much harm, kill that one also.

Mayor
This fight was easier than i thought. If you have enough speed and strength, you can use a fulll ComboX to shatter the cannon’s shield and kill it instantly.
You can also make mincemeat of the mayor the same way. However, be careful not to attack him when he is retrogaded.

That’s it. Hope it helped. Please post comments if it was helpful.

Flag Post

Okaaaayyy… now, any idea how you can beat hard stuff BEFORE you get ComboX? Like, for example, the Twisted Experiment?
…I thought as much.

Flag Post

Twisted experiment is not really that hard. Brute force works. Besides its too early in the game for any big strategies. If you found the twisted experiment hard, you’re in for a lot of trouble later in the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Okaaaayyy… now, any idea how you can beat hard stuff BEFORE you get ComboX? Like, for example, the Twisted Experiment?
…I thought as much.

Ok I’ll update it.

Flag Post

The twisted experiment was pure luck unless you’re a healing biological. We’re talking about not doing any training sessions at all, otherwise everything’s easy. As a healing biological, you’ll just have to wittle down his HP through the both of you, letting Veradux heal the small damage, and you healing his two big nukes.

Flag Post

1. Good strategy for the Twisted Experiment, but Withdrawal is free for focus, so what you SHOULD do is use Disrupt when he actually USES Withdrawal, which will remove the healing whilst simultaneously removing his focus. If he uses Shadow Blend, then use Disrupt IMMEDIATELY (hopefully, you have enough speed so that Shadow Blend doesn’t give him a second move), otherwise he’ll almost certainly one – shot one of you with Withdrawal should he be below whatever percent of his health.
2. A problem I had with the Warden was that he kept on using the slowing move, then attacking me again and killing me in what was effectively one hit. Any tips for that?
3. I didn’t really think that Frankie was that hard…
4. See above. And, you should use Disrupt when he uses the Auxillary power, otherwise he’ll heal himself for full health over the next few turns.
5. I wouldn’t say sexy, so much as distinctly posh/British. And, she only uses Black Metal before Serious Business is active.
6. I have an extra part for ComboX that makes it that much more powerful, but can only really be used well at the beginning of the battle, or when Predator Form recharges after fifteen turns:
Predator Form —> Toxicant Form —> Shadow Blend —> Agile Exposure —> Withdrawal
Predator Form gives you another ten percent damage increase, and last five turns rather than four, so it can be used in conjunction with Toxicant Form when Withdrawal is used, plus it means that you won’t have to fear about your focus running out (but then you wouldn’t really anyway… >_>).

Flag Post

2. A problem I had with the Warden was that he kept on using the slowing move, then attacking me again and killing me in what was effectively one hit. Any tips for that?

Have enough rupees HP to survive those two hits. ZOne 1 on legend sauld be done packing mostly into Vitality anyway, so you have OVER NINE HUNDREEEEEEED HP. And when Chains is dispelled or runs out, you get two consecutive.

Also, theoretically, you can use Corrosion 2 or more to increase the damage taken by the enemy, for 6 turns, at the combo start, but then the four-move one is damaging enough.

Flag Post

Yeah, The four move combo pretty much owned everyone in the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

1. Good strategy for the Twisted Experiment, but Withdrawal is free for focus, so what you SHOULD do is use Disrupt when he actually USES Withdrawal, which will remove the healing whilst simultaneously removing his focus. If he uses Shadow Blend, then use Disrupt IMMEDIATELY (hopefully, you have enough speed so that Shadow Blend doesn’t give him a second move), otherwise he’ll almost certainly one – shot one of you with Withdrawal should he be below whatever percent of his health.
3. I didn’t really think that Frankie was that hard…
4. See above. And, you should use Disrupt when he uses the Auxillary power, otherwise he’ll heal himself for full health over the next few turns.
5. I wouldn’t say sexy, so much as distinctly posh/British. And, she only uses Black Metal before Serious Business is active.
6. I have an extra part for ComboX that makes it that much more powerful, but can only really be used well at the beginning of the battle, or when Predator Form recharges after fifteen turns:
Predator Form —> Toxicant Form —> Shadow Blend —> Agile Exposure —> Withdrawal
Predator Form gives you another ten percent damage increase, and last five turns rather than four, so it can be used in conjunction with Toxicant Form when Withdrawal is used, plus it means that you won’t have to fear about your focus running out (but then you wouldn’t really anyway… >_>).

I knew that. As Minakht said corrosion also helps. But I did’nt want the combo to be too long. In Heroic mode there’s every chance that you’ll be interrupted before you complete the combo. I chose Toxicant over predator because it has a higher damage multiplier and also somewhat mitigates the dmg that you recieve because it heals after every turn. So you don’t get killed before you complete the combo. Actually I meant to usse disrupt so that he doesn’t use shadow blend (I think that requires some amount of focus).

Flag Post

1. Predator Form gives you an extra ten percent damage though, and full focus healing every turn. You can’t argue with that.
2. I don’t think Shadow Blend uses focus. If you think it does, look at the Biological move screen.
3. You don’t need to quote the entire post just to talk about two or three parts of it.
4. @everyone: If anyone was wondering (they probably weren’t), the reason I said Frankie was easy is because he sometimes uses attacks that take away his health, and he also doesn’t deal that much damage, especially not in comparison to the Warden.

Flag Post

The hardest part about Frankie is Doctor Leath (or the other doctor). He has some buffs that greatly enhance Frankie. You can kill him in a few turns, though. After that, it’s a cakewalk.

As for the combo, it really only requires toxicant form, shadow blend, agile exposure and withdrawal. The other two skills named aren’t essential for one-hit-killing enemies.

Flag Post

Why Mokoshotar? He isn’t a difficult fight, not even on a Legend run.

Flag Post

does anyone know y i cant use predator form

Flag Post

The one I had the most problems with was that one grasshopper.

Flag Post

why does everyone cant kill gregor, he is a very easy figth

Flag Post

i cant seem to beat 2x mage and knight in zone 2 on heroic. help please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thebigtrain:

i cant seem to beat 2x mage and knight in zone 2 on heroic. help please.

I had some trouble with this one two, and honestly, if you don’t have the subversion ability you can’t possibly beat it, however if you do have it, the story changes, get a mage down to low health(about 100 or so) and use subversion on it, after you do this, it will attempt to heal itself fully, but due to the effect of subversion it will actually kill itself instead.

Flag Post

Now i cant beat the ZPCI medic, ZPCI sniper and Captain-HELP!

Flag Post

Can Anyone help me. Im trying to get impossible badge but right now im only on Zone 2. My character is a level 11 Biological and cant beat the last battle on Zone 2 (ZPCI medic, ZPCI sniper and Captain hunt.) HELP!

Flag Post

kill the sniper first and tghen go for the medic, leaving hunt at last. cast disruption when the sniper uses lock and load and crounch and he wont be so munch problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MVmolotov:

kill the sniper first and tghen go for the medic, leaving hunt at last. cast disruption when the sniper uses lock and load and crounch and he wont be so munch problem.

Just to say, I did this same thing and it did work, also, it should go quicker and be easier if you have toxicant form, especially use the against the sniper while it has its shield up, it should buy you about 5 or 6 turns before the shield wears off and it’s back to full power.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LoKdEnLoAdEd:

Baron Brixius
He first appears as the Cult leader at the frozen village. The Cult Leader can be defeated using brute force. Baron is a totally different story. At first keep destroying his focus using disrupt. He will get deep burns- restoring his focus but causes 4000+ hp for several turns. the turn immediately after using disrupt use break, cuz he may get desparate and use Tick Tock (pretty annoying). Repeat until he is at about 40000hp. At this point he starts getting Holy Scars, exponentially increasing the dmg he takes. Start using ComboX (don’t forget to use disrupt too). But there’s an easier way that requires some timing, and luck.
If you manage to give him deep burns( by destroying focus) when he has holy scars, he will kill himself as the deep burns cause about 40000+hp.

No need to that, just keep disrupting non-stop

Flag Post

WHY is gregor so hard to you people? on challenging mode, i 1-hit-killed him with comboX

Flag Post

Hey, I just started Zone 3 but now i dont know where to put my ability points. Im Bio on Heroic.
I have:
Reform(maxed)
Crystallize(maxed)
Break(maxed)
disrupt(maxed)
Integrity-level 3
Where should i put the others?

Flag Post

as far as i can tell these " strategies " are based on assuming the player respecs for each appropriate fight. if you do that you will of course be left with no money….. in theory you could rely on drops, but i am one of the few people who don’t have the luck of getting the drops i need. for example, the twisted experiment gave me NO DROPS AT ALL.

your strategy for the warden also doesn’t make sense to me. i am a healing bio. granted, my vitality is low, but it’s suppose to be low. if it’s high the baron will rape my health bar with his debuf that kills 10% health each turn for ten turns.

i am trying to do this without wasting any money at all, but thus far it has proven to be nothing more than a luck shot. at this rate the game will take me all week. i have better things to do and other games to play. i’ve already given up on the impossible badge. it’s not that the game is hard…..even though it kinda is, but the main problem is i guess i’m just REALLY unlucky and miss and the worst time. it’s how i have died over 15 times….it’s pretty pathetic that i get hit for 60% of my health and healed for only 50% ( provided i give veradux adrenaline ). at that rate, i would die in 5 moves unless i healed myself, and the cooldown for my heal is 7 turns. so if the warden keeps attacking me eventually i will die.

and FYI when i was doing a training fight i used disrupt on the twisted experiment….and while he had no focus and no buffs on him, he morphed ino his shadow mode, healed 500 health, and somehow my guy died all in the same turn……a good question is what are the bosses focus costs for their moves?