Forums Sonny 2

Why Sonny 2 was an abomination, and why Sonny 3 should not be made page 8

188 posts

Flag Post

BLARG POINTLESS ARGUEMENT BLARG

Anyway, I think that anti-sonny 2 people aren’t thinking broad or hard enough, and pro-sonny 2 are pointlessly arguing against essentially dead people.

AND NOW, TO ADD TO THE FIRE CUZ IT’S FUN!

1. You play games for fun. If not fun, give it a bad rating and leave. Don’t induce anger with a arguement thread.

2. You play games for fun. If it’s storyline is teh suxors, and that is a terrible crime to you, go to 1. Also, it ain’t bad. I actually read most of it. Also, you are given the option to skip text and cutscenes, giving you time to say, read part of a book, which is purely a story and will probably be better than a free flash game’s story.

3. You are one fairly unpopular extreme view. Moore people in the world have the time/energy to go and post pro sonny 2/3 posts.

4. Your arguments don’t make a whole lot of sense. If every sequel got each prequel’s rating subtracted from it, all sequels would have like -1 to 1 ratings and 3rd’s would all be negative.

5. You are totally trolling (or at least angering), possibly on accident (see 1. part 2) Think! Is ’this game is teh suxors" in long explanations going to appease the fans of a 4.3 rated game?

6. This thread is pointless and should die, and arguing is the opposite of that goal. Even though I am a MASSIVE HYPOCRITE for necroing 1 20 day old thread and saying it should die. I like arguements. Saying that makes me better than anyone who is helping me and not saying that. I am also kinda self praising.

7. The gameplay isn’t bad. Gimmicks: You pretty much have a 2 options, and saying this is untrue is dumb. Why? Because you can either force change, or not. So unless you are saying you want slow change, it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE YOU. Also, “Broken” moves a. cannot carry you through the whole game, and b. weren’t you guys the ones saying there was too MUCH change? I thought the transformations were cool, even if they have been used before. In addition, the moves weren’t that close to similar, and it’s tough to create INCREDIBLY NEW AND AWESOME MOVESETS THAT MESH AND AREN’T BROKEN. Yes it is somewhat grindy, with using some skills over and over except for gimmicks. But you know what? SUCK IT UP. Would you rather spend 100 hours getting the last piece for your uber DOT set in some other RPG? I liked how if you wanted, the whole game could be finished without ‘grinding’, though the story battles were pretty boring or gimmicky. But they had some change, letting you develop without re spec, which is freaking amazing. That’s actually better than a lot of high rated rpg’s. You have a constantly (albeit slowly) changing battle scheme, and a skill set that keeps up.

Over 9002: game is free. it is good. you close mind. You r bad preson for bringing this up. u shuld play anothr game. stfu nob.

Flag Post

Making an rpg myself. The only thing I really liked about this game was the strategic use of cooldown timers. I’ve definitely borrowing that. As far as battles go: If you don’t grind, the battles are pretty gimicky and take a long time. If you do grind, it’s a joke. Krin should have implemented level caps for each area.

Flag Post

level caps are not good for games like sonny they cause people to get frustrated at the game and some people just are not good at strategy games like this

Flag Post

and therefor need to level grind alot sorry about the double

Flag Post
Originally posted by pyroe:

level caps are not good for games like sonny they cause people to get frustrated at the game and some people just are not good at strategy games like this

Um… ever thought that maybe strategy games are intended for people who are good at strategy games? I mean, it’s not strategy anymore when you’re just grinding away to reach maximum level in order to defeat the final boss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pyroe:

As you may know it is entirely possible to defeat all of the zones without training a single time(1-7 zones,on heroic obviously).

Flag Post

Yeah, your all annoying as heck; Sonny, but more importantly Krin, is (are?) amazing

Flag Post

i dont see how one could think that this game is a failure.

Flag Post

ur propably just another noob who doesnt know how to play. ur pretty much the only person i know who doesnt like sonny 2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by persom115:

ur propably just another noob who doesnt know how to play. ur pretty much the only person i know who doesnt like sonny 2.

Add me to the list. I got the badges for it,(Including the impossible) but the game is absolutely hateful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jaskaran2000:
Originally posted by persom115:

Add me to the list. I got the badges for it,(Including the impossible) but the game is absolutely hateful.

haters gonna hate, Liker gonna like. all that should be said. actually, i think you should keep your options to yourself. sonny 1 had good storyline, but sonny 2 had a better battle design.

Flag Post

I think these points of yours are logically well founded but for me and, presumably, many other casual players, Sonny 2 was just a fun game to play. I think this whole subject is really over-analysed these days. In the olden days, we’d all just play for fun and enjoyment but now all of hell breaks loose, on one of Kongregate’s top games no less.
You have the right to your own opinion, of course, but I think for all of us who play in our spare time, Sonny 2 is brilliant.

Flag Post

Are yo kidding me?!?! If yo don’t like the game than don’t play it…that simple. And the way I look at it if yo can’t do better than don’t call it an abomination!!! And if yo can do better than prove it I am curious!!!