How do you use tank coins?

8 posts

Flag Post

I was playing a game and got a tank coin. How do you use it?

Flag Post

Spend them for goodies, such as more themes, tanks, and weapons.

Flag Post

Yeah but you need to collect a few Tank Coins to get something out of it.

Flag Post

1 or 2 doesn’t do anything. The Tank coins in the boxes are mostly to tempt you into buying more.

I swear, SSL1 was a great example of how a multiplayer flash game could be balanced and not money grubbing. Now there’s pay2win elements all over this game. I guess kChamp stopped giving a crap and went for an easy cash grab.

Though being able to earn Tank coins in game is better than not, I suppose. As long as there isn’t a limiter stopping you from getting more than 10 or some bullshit like that.

Flag Post

Tank coins.
A.K.A TCoins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blakzer:

Spend them for goodies, such as more themes, tanks, and weapons.

Originally posted by TheSilenT:

1 or 2 doesn’t do anything. The Tank coins in the boxes are mostly to tempt you into buying more.

I swear, SSL1 was a great example of how a multiplayer flash game could be balanced and not money grubbing. Now there’s pay2win elements all over this game. I guess kChamp stopped giving a crap and went for an easy cash grab.

Though being able to earn Tank coins in game is better than not, I suppose. As long as there isn’t a limiter stopping you from getting more than 10 or some bullshit like that.

Thx for telling me guys.

Flag Post

What are you talking about? This game has less things to buy for tank coins, and some of the stuff that cost them in the first game is free here. The tank coins are also decently common, and you could easily save them over time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NK12:

What are you talking about? This game has less things to buy for tank coins, and some of the stuff that cost them in the first game is free here. The tank coins are also decently common, and you could easily save them over time.

There are stats that directly influence gameplay, though. Like Fuel, Traction, Armor, Luck and weapon levels. Also a lot more weapons not available to free players, and the difference in weapon quality is huge between having them and not.

Yes, you get a couple stat points from leveling up, but only half what you would need to max your stats (and that’s at level 50, which takes forever without the deluxe EXP boost). You also can level weapons through normal gameplay, but level 5 on all weapons takes such an ungoldy amount of experience you’re hard pressed not to use a weapon token.

After a week straight of playing, I’ve accumulated 8 Tank coins from boxes. Eight. That’s not enough to do jack shit, and mostly serves as an incentive to buy more tokens.

While the approach taken here is certainly less offensive than those god awful pay2win MMOs spammed on Kong, it’s still manipulative and it’s still damaging to game balance, just to a lesser degree. A level 10 free player will never beat a level 10 player who bought 500 tank tokens to get deluxe, weapon packs and tank upgrade tokens.